Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nic St was awful but....

Started by RazorWild, September 06, 2014, 08:39:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorWild

I'm already reading post of how awful this team was and how nothing was gained other than ending a losing streak.  Has every one forgot our struggles the past couple years with OOC opponents?  We completely demoralized this team in a way I've never seen in my lifetime.   No, this doesn't mean we are gonna win 10 games, but it does show GREAT improvement within the program.  I didn't yell at the tv today like last week.....I expected to win.  But again, can y'all not see the positives in this game?  I'm amazed by the negativity.  I'm encouraged with the way our team is looking and can't wait for next Saturday.  Go Hogs  :razorback:

redeye

The response to this game really has been surprising and disappointing.  We scored at will in the first half and I don't recall an Arkansas team ever scoring so easily.  10 TD's and half were 1 play drives.

Lake City Hog

Gene said the same thing at the half! I bet he wishes he had played NS a couple of times in 2013!!

Calling All Hogs

It was a much needed win in grand style. I'm just glad Alex didn't get hurt padding his stats.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: RazorWild on September 06, 2014, 08:39:15 pm
I'm already reading post of how awful this team was and how nothing was gained other than ending a losing streak.  Has every one forgot our struggles the past couple years with OOC opponents?  We completely demoralized this team in a way I've never seen in my lifetime.   No, this doesn't mean we are gonna win 10 games, but it does show GREAT improvement within the program.  I didn't yell at the tv today like last week.....I expected to win.  But again, can y'all not see the positives in this game?  I'm amazed by the negativity.  I'm encouraged with the way our team is looking and can't wait for next Saturday.  Go Hogs  :razorback:
I see a LOT of improvement. Allen is in control. The team seems much more disciplined. JWill looks much faster than last year too. Unstoppable when he gets to full speed. Glad to see Collins put on weight. He's much harder to tackle. Was good to see the young guys play. Gives me even more reason to be optimistic.

RazorWild

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on September 06, 2014, 08:42:45 pm
It was a much needed win in grand style. I'm just glad Alex didn't get hurt padding his stats.

Yeah I was nervous seeing 1s in second half

lefty08

It was encouraging, of course, I have a koolaid I.V. in my arm from the middle of August thru the end of january. The people saying this didnt mean anything are the same people ripping BB and the program after Samford last year. Dont let these guys get to you, in a year or so they will change their screen names so they can cheer these guys on with the rest of us
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

DeltaBoy

Great win ,neither team got any one hurt and we got a nice win and NST got a good payday.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Wildhog

Man, just to win a football game... I don't care if it was against Norphlet.

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Soooie21

Awful, they were good, we just kick their damn asses......

Wayne Watson

Quote from: Wildhog on September 06, 2014, 08:54:52 pm
Man, just to win a football game... I don't care if it was against Norphlet.

Not too many people know where that is.  I do.  Where the hell you from?  Louann?
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

3kgthog

We may have struggled in the past with some cupcakes, but this cupcake had extra icing. Some of the lesser teams we've played would've put 35 on Nicholls.

Wildhog

Quote from: Wayne Watson on September 06, 2014, 08:57:52 pm
Not too many people know where that is.  I do.  Where the hell you from?  Louann?

El Dorado.

Graduated from Parkers Chapel.
1909/1964/1965/1977

HOGLIGULA

Quote from: Hog N Bama on September 06, 2014, 08:44:07 pm
I see a LOT of improvement. Allen is in control. The team seems much more disciplined. JWill looks much faster than last year too. Unstoppable when he gets to full speed. Glad to see Collins put on weight. He's much harder to tackle. Was good to see the young guys play. Gives me even more reason to be optimistic.

against a high school team.  what did any of them do last week against a team in a league we actually play in?  temper that enthusiasm a little.
Look in the heat of conversation I may have said things I don't believe to be true. "So you lied." Are you slow, the alleged lie you might have heard me saying allegedly moments ago that is a parasite that lives in my neck.

Kyle

A win makes every Saturday better. I can't think of the last time I saw arkansas dominate like that on both sides of the ball. It's been almost an entire year since the last win, so I hope to see the team ride into Lubbock with a lot of confidence. The lines played very well on both sides. The Tech game will be a fun one to watch.

Nuttcracker, Sweet!

Quote from: 3kgthog on September 06, 2014, 09:02:23 pm
We may have struggled in the past with some cupcakes, but this cupcake had extra icing. Some of the lesser teams we've played would've put 35 on Nicholls.

UCA only beat this team by 7 last season, 17-10. The same UCA who rang up 35 on T Tech in this season's opener... Yes, Nicholls State's defense is terrible, but TTech's is not exactly the '85 Chicago Bears.

They play in the same conference as UCA and McNeese, the Southland. I saw a Nebraska fan on youtube say that McNeese was something on the McDonald's menu. McNeese almost shucked Corn, losing to the Huskers 31-24 on a long TD with :20 left in the game.
Making fun of Hootie since 2003

HOGLIGULA

Quote from: Kyle on September 06, 2014, 09:10:37 pm
A win makes every Saturday better. I can't think of the last time I saw arkansas dominate like that on both sides of the ball. It's been almost an entire year since the last win, so I hope to see the team ride into Lubbock with a lot of confidence. The lines played very well on both sides. The Tech game will be a fun one to watch.
[/quote
when was the last time we played Oklahoma mines? 
Look in the heat of conversation I may have said things I don't believe to be true. "So you lied." Are you slow, the alleged lie you might have heard me saying allegedly moments ago that is a parasite that lives in my neck.

Uberanubis

I hold reservations till after Texas Tech.
Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: HOGLIGULA on September 06, 2014, 09:06:55 pm
against a high school team.  what did any of them do last week against a team in a league we actually play in?  temper that enthusiasm a little.
I understand that but I'm talking in general this yr vs last yr.

Uberanubis

Quote from: Nuttcracker, Sweet! on September 06, 2014, 09:14:13 pm
UCA only beat this team by 7 last season, 17-10. The same UCA who rang up 35 on T Tech in this season's opener... Yes, Nicholls State's defense is terrible, but TTech's is not exactly the '85 Chicago Bears.

They play in the same conference as UCA and McNeese, the Southland. I saw a Nebraska fan on youtube say that McNeese was something on the McDonald's menu. McNeese almost shucked Corn, losing to the Huskers 31-24 on a long TD with :20 left in the game.

you can not use the UCA bears as a reference last year. they were slammed with the injury bug. . they arn't world beaters but much improved even with a  first year coach.
Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

shotgun7

Hey, its a win and you know it has to make the guys feel better! Its going to be hard losing 10 games in a row. Maybe by beating them in such grand fashion it will build confidence and we will go on a winning spree!

HiggiePiggy

The team we faced was pretty much as bad as we were last year except it was in division 2.  They were 4-8 with a 1-7 conference record. 

I was really hoping we would air it out a lot more and really test our receivers, but it's good to stop a 10 game losing streak.  I just feel we wasted an opourtunity to find out what we really have at the recieving core.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

lefty08

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on September 06, 2014, 09:40:00 pm
The team we faced was pretty much as bad as we were last year except it was in division 2.  They were 4-8 with a 1-7 conference record. 

I was really hoping we would air it out a lot more and really test our receivers, but it's good to stop a 10 game losing streak.  I just feel we wasted an opourtunity to find out what we really have at the recieving core.

If by wasting an opportunity to pass you mean scored on 1 play too many times, I agree
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.

King

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on September 06, 2014, 09:40:00 pm

What good is it to "practice" the passing game when Allen completed 4 passes, all for touchdowns? 

Sort of like "practicing" a video game on hero mode with all of the cheat codes.  Or if you are as old as me you will remember the "Game Genie."

Wildhog

Quote from: King on September 06, 2014, 09:44:29 pm
What good is it to "practice" the passing game when Allen completed 4 passes, all for touchdowns? 

Sort of like "practicing" a video game on hero mode with all of the cheat codes.  Or if you are as old as me you will remember the "Game Genie."

I had one of these:

1909/1964/1965/1977

HiggiePiggy

14 total passing attempts.   I really hope we don't have to play catch up against Texas Tech like we had to with auburn because we saw how that ended.   

We already knew what our RBs are capable of.  What we don't know is how our receivers are and we still don't know.   

lefty08

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on September 06, 2014, 09:48:28 pm
14 total passing attempts.   I really hope we don't have to play catch up against Texas Tech like we had to with auburn because we saw how that ended.   

We already knew what our RBs are capable of.  What we don't know is how our receivers are and we still don't know.

Youre right. I bet next time BB will make the ball carriers fall down so they can throw a TD pass

ReversePart34

HOGLIGULA

go home, we played a High School team, (Rogers or Central would have been a better game)  but keep up the "we just beat no one, which means we beat everyone else thing"

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: lefty08 on September 06, 2014, 10:04:26 pm
Youre right. I bet next time BB will make the ball carriers fall down so they can throw a TD pass

We had a total of 54 plays.  We could have tried to work on the pass game a little more than 14 of those plays.  You know where we were questionable at?

lefty08

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on September 06, 2014, 10:23:21 pm
We had a total of 54 plays.  We could have tried to work on the pass game a little more than 14 of those plays.  You know where we were questionable at?

I found a hundred dollar bill in the Kroger parking lot today, but when I picked it up I noticed it had a small tear on the corner, so I put it back.

S.A.D.C

It doesn't mean much if anything about our season this year.  And it certainly doesn't mean we are good.  But if you won't acknowledge that that performance shows improvement then you must have an agenda.  We couldn't score 70 points against air last year. 

HOGLIGULA

Quote from: S.A.D.C on September 06, 2014, 10:28:33 pm
It doesn't mean much if anything about our season this year.  And it certainly doesn't mean we are good.  But if you won't acknowledge that that performance shows improvement then you must have an agenda.  We couldn't score 70 points against air last year. 

What is your agenda?

hoglady

At some point we're going to have to use the middle of the field more in the passing game. I would have liked to have seen a little more of that.
But we did win 73-7 - how can a fan complain about that?
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

S.A.D.C

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on September 06, 2014, 10:23:21 pm

Come on man- lying with numbers.  How many of those 54 plays were run AFTER the score was 50 to 0 and the 1's were out.  5 one play drives for TDs.  First 3 out of 4 passes went for a TD.  The game was over well before the play count got up there.  I thought BB was already pushing our luck (and sportsmanship) putting BA in at all in the 2ns half. 

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: S.A.D.C on September 06, 2014, 10:28:33 pm

It doesn't show crap other than what we already knew.  We have great running backs.  We don't know crap about our receivers.   

Good win.  I am happy for the guys, but the coaches really could have found out if we got people that know how to catch a damn ball.  I would rather have won 35-7 if it meant that we had some receivers getting 6 to 8 receptions.

That would tell me more on if we are going to struggle in the future when we are losing because we can not count on a reciever to catch a ball. 

S.A.D.C

Quote from: HOGLIGULA on September 06, 2014, 10:30:51 pm
What is your agenda?

To finish this beer, watch OSU get best and the B1G go down in flames by Sep 7th and go to bed so that I can watch football all day again tomorrow.  Thanks for asking...

HOGLIGULA

Quote from: hoglady on September 06, 2014, 10:30:54 pm
At some point we're going to have to use the middle of the field more in the passing game. I would have liked to have seen a little more of that.
But we did win 73-7 - how can a fan complain about that?

well a High School Team was glad they got go into DWRRS.  That is about it till we travel to Lubbock and actually face a real opponent (must not remember Auburn) stop the BS till we win an SEC game we are worse than UK or Vandy which is sad.  Explain that!

JonClaudeVanHam

Quote from: lefty08 on September 06, 2014, 10:27:40 pm
I found a hundred dollar bill in the Kroger parking lot today, but when I picked it up I noticed it had a small tear on the corner, so I put it back.

I like you. +1
Quote from: rhames on March 28, 2024, 10:56:37 amMusselman wants the UofA Transit Director Job.

hoglady

Quote from: S.A.D.C on September 06, 2014, 10:34:54 pm
To finish this beer, watch OSU get best and the B1G go down in flames by Sep 7th and go to bed so that I can watch football all day again tomorrow.  Thanks for asking...

Hope VT hangs on and wins this thing.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

HOGLIGULA

Quote from: S.A.D.C on September 06, 2014, 10:34:54 pm

Well said, about OSu (I use a little u for the hell of it)  good call more  and better football on Sunday

choppedporkextrasauce

After losing 10 straight games you'd think everyone would be happy. No one alive or almost no one alive has ever seen the Hogs score like this.  That's a lot of good Hog teams and bad Hog teams that have never scored  like this. Hell it was fun to see for a change.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: choppedporkextrasauce on September 06, 2014, 10:41:46 pm
After losing 10 straight games you'd think everyone would be happy. No one alive or almost no one alive has ever seen the Hogs score like this.  That's a lot of good Hog teams and bad Hog teams that have never scored  like this. Hell it was fun to see for a change.

Who isn't happy about the win? 

RAD

If we had a handful of WRs with a handful of receptions each, people would just denounce it by saying that it was against a "high school team."

We rolled a bad team just like we were supposed to do, not much more IMO.

fakebobholt

After beating a team like we did today, how can anyone complain. It was like a video game in the first quarter. Ive never seen the hogs score so fast and often. No complaints, enjoy the thrashing

TxArky

Quote from: HOGLIGULA on September 06, 2014, 09:06:55 pm

The pendulum does seem to swing too far one direction or the other with a lot of Hog fans.  Some get too enthusiastic about how a game, and others won't allow themselves to enjoy a win or even a moral victory.

HOGLIGULA

Quote from: fakebobholt on September 06, 2014, 10:49:42 pm
After beating a team like we did today, how can anyone complain. It was like a video game in the first quarter. Ive never seen the hogs score so fast and often. No complaints, enjoy the thrashing

well it is what happens when you play a high school team. 

AugustaHog

Guys we did what we were supposed to do.  Theres no reason to knock this game.  I'm not sure we got anything from it other than the W we paid for.  In the SEC, with our schedule, beating the snot out of a cupcake isn't shameful.  Had we not taken them to the shed, I would be concerned.  I think our reality is somewhere between today and last week.  Where we fall on that spectrum will be interesting to see.

Pathogen

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: lefty08 on September 06, 2014, 08:49:10 pm
It was encouraging, of course, I have a koolaid I.V. in my arm from the middle of August thru the end of january. The people saying this didnt mean anything are the same people ripping BB and the program after Samford last year. Dont let these guys get to you, in a year or so they will change their screen names so they can cheer these guys on with the rest of us

This... Seen it too many times... Why is your's so new..?  LOL..!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.