Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Terrible day for The Conference That Can't Count

Started by razorjack12, September 06, 2014, 07:19:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorjack12

For years we have watched the B1G struggle against pathetic competition...it happened last Saturday.  It happened again today.

Lets take a look at how the B1G Uglies did today:

*Purdue got spanked by 3 TDs against a MAC team

*Northwestern lost to N Illinois

*iowa came back from 10 down with 4 minutes to go to eek by Ball State

*Nebraska escaped FCS McNeese St by a TD

*Illinois came from behind to beat Western Kentucky by  8

*Penn St led Akron by 7 at the half

*Maryland held on for a 7 point win against USF

HALF the conference struggled against - or got beat by - a mid major or FCS competition.   

Thats truly crappy and the Playoff committee should be mindful of these results at the end of the year.

I hope you are reading this LRRandy.

DEVIL DOG HOG

Michigan State  24

Oregon 18

Halftime.

Let's talk about Vanderbilt and South Carolina.  All conferences have their upper and lower teams.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

RazorWild

The B1G is one of the weaker conferences but Sparty is lookn like they can play with anyone so far.  A win at O would be impressive. 

Rocky&Boarwinkle

I have a funny story about Purdue.  Went with my child on a campus visit at the end of the summer, right before school started.  The recruiter guy was going through his slide show and got to the part showing the big 10 logo and scenes of their athletics.  He stops and makes the comment that yes, they were part of a major conference and that their athletics were in various states of "healing".  The look on his face of being resigned to not being too good at football was priceless.  He was a very entertaining guy with a good sense of humor about the whole thing.  Later on we were in the bookstore and I asked who number 15 was.  The guy says, that was Drew Brees.  I then said something like, wasn't that nearly 15 years ago?  He conceded that it was, but they hadn't had any players since then that had done well enough to have good sales of their jerseys.

rusvegashog

I am firmly on the Sparty bandwagon. Hope they pull this one out. Oregon along w Clemson have had their chances, time to move along.

The Boar War

The Big 10 has always been OSU, Michigan, and another team.  The other team rotates between Wisconsin, Iowa, MSU, and Penn State.  Michigan being down has really hurt the prestige of the Big 10. I'm shocked at how far Nebraska has fallen.

hoggusamoungus

I'm all Hogs but in our most recent games against that conference, we have lost to Michigan, Minnesota, Whisky and TOSU. 

Bubba's Bruisers

I think MSU is still probably the best in that conference.  Good for them.  Like to see legit top 10 teams, playing fundamental, smart football without top 10 talent. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

hoglady

Quote from: The Boar War on September 06, 2014, 07:36:24 pm
The Big 10 has always been OSU, Michigan, and another team.  The other team rotates between Wisconsin, Iowa, MSU, and Penn State.  Michigan being down has really hurt the prestige of the Big 10. I'm shocked at how far Nebraska has fallen.

I was hoping Nebraska would lose just so I could watch the Bo Pelini meltdown. That would have been some entertaining TV.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Biggus Piggus

I love the offense McNeese runs. It is one back with a wingback, often three receivers. They run a lot but pass very well. Great scheme.
[CENSORED]!

ballz2thewall

Quote from: The Boar War on September 06, 2014, 07:36:24 pm

about nebraska. its still odd, them being in that league. geographically its not terribly whacky, but i still have a hard time putting them in the same conference as osu and michigan.  its just plain weird.
The rest of the frog.

zane

I've found myself cheering for Sparty several times over the last few years.
RIP LSUfan

Hog N Bama

Hoping Mich ST spanks Oregon. From that list it looks like they are the only team very good in the B10

the END.

Quote from: Hog N Bama on September 06, 2014, 08:02:19 pm
Hoping Mich ST spanks Oregon. From that list it looks like they are the only team very good in the B10

Not so fast my friend...

The Boar War

Speaking of the Big 10.  I wonder who will be coaching Michigan this time next year.

jbcarol

Dave Matter @Dave_Matter  ·  16m

Michigan, Ohio State & Michigan State all losing. Nobody at this Toledo bar seems happy.

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

razorjack12

Quote from: DEVIL DOG HOG on September 06, 2014, 07:22:55 pm
Michigan State  24

Oregon 18

Halftime.

Let's talk about Vanderbilt and South Carolina.  All conferences have their upper and lower teams.
Mich State just got hammered

Michigan is getting blown out.

Ohio State is losing by 14 at halftime.

What you don't seem to understand is that the B1G struggles are from top to bottom...and not isolated incidents.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

rusvegashog

Wow, the BIG really is on a Craptastic Voyage. How have they fallen from grace like they have? Should have kept L. Carr and J. Tressell. Hindsight huh? I obviously believe that Meyer will get that ship righted, but they need Michigan to be good and they r not. The PAC 12 is the second best conference w the most potential in my opinion,.

buffaload

Not buying this.  If B1G teams were that bad, we'd be trying harder to schedule them.

I didn't hear any LSU players trashing Wisky after their game.  I think they got all they wanted.

rusvegashog

They got some "good" teams, problem is their best teams are a step below everyone else's best teams. I wonder if Wisky is their best team? Guess we'll find out.

HiggiePiggy

Ohio state has somewhat of an excuse losing their #1 QB for the season.   But yeah that conference isn't very good right now.  Michigan will probably be looking for a new coach at the end of this season. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

PigDaddyKane

The only person on Hogville without an inside source for Razorback news!

The Boar War

It ought to be fun to listen to the apologists over on the Big 10 network.

S.A.D.C

Is today the worst day in the history of the conference? 

arkansasrazorback

and it could have been worse than it was.  If McNeese would have pulled the upset....oh boy

BPsTheMan

S.A.D.C

That and Ball State threw away a win over Iowa (remember when Kirk Ferentz was the next big deal?).  And WKU was in it late against Ill....

HiggiePiggy

Well it should pretty easy to see who won't have a team in the playoffs this year. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

LJHOG

VT 35 - "the" Ohio State 21

Down goes Frazier!!  I say, DOWN!

Nuttcracker, Sweet!

September 06, 2014, 11:07:17 pm #31 Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 11:20:02 pm by Nuttcracker, Sweet!
The Big/Slow 10, which, of course, has 14 members has had a disastrous day.

Michigan gets blitzed 31 to zip in the last meeting with ND.

Michigan St. gets outscored 28-3 in the 2nd half after leading by 9 to lose almost as badly to Oregon on the road as we lost to the Barners last week as the #7 team in the polls picked by many to make the 4 team playoff loses 46-27.

Ohio State loses at home by 2 TDs to a VA Tech squad not picked highly.

Northwestern lost to N. Ill.

Purdue lost to Central Mich. by 3 touchdowns

Nebraska squeaked out a win over McNeese by 7 with a TD with :20 left

Rutgers had an uninspiring 13 point win over Howard? Cosell has his own team now?

Iowa beat Ball State by 4.

Ill. over WKU by 8

MN over MTSU by 11

Only Wisconsin and Penn St. won by over 11 points even though all but Mich. MSU and Ohio State were playing directional schools. What a weekend for Gordon Geek and the B1G morons!
Making fun of Hootie since 2003

redeye

This would make me a little sad, if the Big Ten hadn't been overrated for so many years.

LRHawg

tOSU toothless without Braxton Miller. Their season pretty much ended when he went down in fall camp.

GBHawg

Quote from: LRHawg on September 06, 2014, 11:10:31 pm
tOSU toothless without Braxton Miller. Their season pretty much ended when he went down in fall camp.

And I don't understand why they still had them ranked 8th.

Buffhog

It's always a good day when the Big Ten tanks.

ncrebel

I just left the shoe.  I'm standing in the parking lot waiting for my Ohio State buddy to walk back.  He took me and a VT work friend to the game (different seats).  I absolutely enjoyed watching OSU go down in person. It was great.

Well, y'all need me, I'll be putting pictures of my arse on the internet.

ncrebel

For me it is small redemption for watching us lose the sugar bowl and having to hear the crap from the OSU fans after the game.
Well, y'all need me, I'll be putting pictures of my arse on the internet.

LRHawg

Quote from: GBHawg on September 06, 2014, 11:15:54 pm

They're one of a few programs that always get the benefit of the doubt. As VT exposed, when they can't pass the ball they have no weapons on the ground and a young defense. They're very mediocre.

staffhog

VT beat the refs, too.

Hogwild

hoglady

Quote from: rusvegashog on September 06, 2014, 09:56:05 pm
They got some "good" teams, problem is their best teams are a step below everyone else's best teams. I wonder if Wisky is their best team? Guess we'll find out.

I don't think we'll find out - Wisky manages to play a schedule that doesn't include Mich St, Penn St, Mich or Ohio St. Only ranked team on it is Nebraska - whose showing this week even in a win should drop them out of the Top 25.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Hoggish1

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on September 06, 2014, 11:06:40 pm
Well it should pretty easy to see who won't have a team in the playoffs this year. 

bigyellowdog

Living here in B1G country, it was definitely a historic day.  Now all my coworkers will be talking about the great Rose Bowls of yesteryear.

I don't know which I enjoyed more, the B1G's sorry day or the whorns getting blown out.

hogcard1964

Quote from: GBHawg on September 06, 2014, 11:15:54 pm

They'll fall somewhere around 18-20 tomorrow.

DEVIL DOG HOG

Yes, there were quite a few upsets in the B1G.  I believe Michigan State was the only one that was predicted to lose.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

The Boar War

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 07, 2014, 08:25:34 am
They'll fall somewhere around 18-20 tomorrow.

Just enough to hang around and slowly rise through a weak conference schedule.  If they get past Wisconsin they will be promoted as the comeback team of the year.  OSU isn't out yet.  Not by a long shot.

oldhog63

Quote from: bigyellowdog on September 07, 2014, 08:24:45 am
I don't know which I enjoyed more, the B1G's sorry day or the whorns getting blown out.

Indeed, yesterday was a good day....Hogs win big, Texas loses, Urban Meyer loses.

SemperFi

I agree....B1G football is dead. If not for the Wisconsin team that BB built they'd suck too. That conference should not have any team ranked anywhere near the top 20.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

bphi11ips

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.