Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

i am going to back

Started by hellwonthaveme, September 05, 2014, 02:10:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsanity

This is so open to coming up with conspiracy theories:

1.  All the factions band together to force Long out.  Then they force BB out.  Then they turn on each other over who to hire

2.  Gus is making nice with HDN to try to appease some of the factions, just in case he were to decide to come home

3.  HDN is making nice with GUs just to try to heal old wounds, in case, in some alternate world, someone invites him back

4.  Long, tired of trying to drag a program into the 21st century, decides to leave. BB, knowing no one has his back, finds a place to go where the inmates do not run the asylum.

5.  Long stays, BB doesn't turn it around, is fired, and Long has to try to get someone to come here.  The boosters tell him to make a run at Petrino, Long has finally had enough, leaves, and when the boosters go after Petrino, someone finally spills ALL the details about what went down the 1st week of April, 2012. 

Oh man, does this have potential.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

GolfnHog

Quote from: The Boar War on September 05, 2014, 02:57:41 pm
If Coach B loses every SEC game this season he won't be fired.  If he loses every game for the remainder of his contract Houston won't be hired back.

Amen, pass the plate and let's give thanks!
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

hogsanity

Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 05, 2014, 03:43:01 pm
Nobody is going to run Jeff Long off but he is going to have the opportunity to be a conference commissioner sooner or later.

The issue then is, who is going to be the next AD?

When that day comes I hope Bielema is winning on a level where he will have some input as to his boss would be.

I'll rule out 2 names, Lou Holtz and Barry Alvarez. After that it's wide open.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Mike Irwin

Quote from: The Boar War on September 05, 2014, 03:42:55 pm
Mike, I defer to you on this.  But I just don't see it.
You may be right but I've had dealings with some of these people. I learned a long time ago to never underestimate them.

razorsharptusk

Quote from: hogsanity on September 05, 2014, 03:44:53 pm

1.  All the factions band together to force Long out.  Then they force BB out.  Then they turn on each other over who to hire

2.  Gus is making nice with HDN to try to appease some of the factions, just in case he were to decide to come home

3.  HDN is making nice with GUs just to try to heal old wounds, in case, in some alternate world, someone invites him back

4.  Long, tired of trying to drag a program into the 21st century, decides to leave. BB, knowing no one has his back, finds a place to go where the inmates do not run the asylum.

5.  Long stays, BB doesn't turn it around, is fired, and Long has to try to get someone to come here.  The boosters tell him to make a run at Petrino, Long has finally had enough, leaves, and when the boosters go after Petrino, someone finally spills ALL the details about what went down the 1st week of April, 2012. 

And if any of these things were to play out, it would spell disaster for the football program. 
GO HOGS!!

GolfnHog

Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 05, 2014, 03:11:19 pm
First of all I would never underestimate the people who support Houston Nutt. Could they bring him back? Not as long as Jeff Long is the AD. Could they do it if they put their own AD place? Maybe. What's more likely is they would go for a younger coach that they know. A lot of the so called good ole boy network like Gus. Absolutely they would try to bring him back. But he's not coming back.

One name I hear kicked around a lot is Rhett Lashlee. He'd need to quickly get a head coaching job and win quickly but if he did there would be a push to bring him back to his home state.

The same is true of Tim Horton of he can ever get a head coaching job and win. In fact if Long had not been the AD Horton would probably have gotten the interim title after Petrino wrecked his bike.

Anyway, I'd take Bielema any day of the week over the coaches these people would bring in.

If history in any way repeats itself along the lines as described, I'll support the Hogs but it won't include funds of any sort.(that includes buying any merchandise whatsoever).

It will be from the living room in front of the TV. That will BE THE ONLY WAY and every one here can book that.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

PonderinHog

Overtheroadtruckdriver

I simply can't believe that anything involving Petrino, Nutt, or Gus is feasible in any way, form or fashion at this point.  Too much baggage with the first two and Gus wouldn't leave Auburn for here for anything we could possible pay him.   Not next year or any year after.  It's like we're all expecting the worst because the worst is what's happened lately.

jgphillips3

Mike and PRJ have put their money where there mouth is regarding our program.  I'm not sure how many of you realize the issues Mike had for being here with us in the Nutt days trying to rid ourselves of that buffoon and take back the program.  PRJ stepped up and asked Nutt the questions no one else would at a press conference.  They both LOVE our program.  Agree with them or disagree, never doubt they bleed Hog red (whatever Pantone that is now).  I take their word for what is happening and I pledge to do as PRJ.  I would sooner burn RRS to the ground than see the GOBN or Nutt ever get their hands on it again.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: razorbackkid on September 05, 2014, 02:47:15 pm
Somebody has hurt feelins' and is having a fit probably.

Some letterman boosters would just love for the AD to be someone in their pocket again. They do not have a good reason why the AD should be one of their cronies. Not a reason related to the success of Razorback athletics.
[CENSORED]!

Ex-Trumpet

Some of y'all keep talking about HDN being the next coach...it's more likely he will be the next AD.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

jgphillips3

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on September 05, 2014, 03:59:15 pm
Some of y'all keep talking about HDN being the next coach...it's more likely he will be the next AD.

Freakin' nightmare from HELL that is.  (Shudder)

Doug

Quote from: Mike IrwinWhen that day comes I hope Bielema is winning on a level where he will have some input as to his boss would be.
If given enough time, I believe that Bielema will be incredibly successful here. He genuinely seems to enjoy being at Arkansas, especially since Fayetteville has a lot of the elements he grew up in as a child.

Some people are missing the bigger picture here with Nutt, so I'll paint the road map for you. You can then draw your own conclusions from there.

Part of the reason why Nutt was able to fend off mounting criticism is because he had such an unreal safety net with his boss. When his boss' power was slowly whittled away, Nutt got out first chance he could. He, of course, saw the writing on the wall.

When Nutt went to Ole Miss, he had no safety net. Had one or two good seasons and then it went downhill fast.

Fast forward to this year... Bo Mattingly (who happens to be one of Nutt's favorite "Yesmen") gives Nutt even more air time. Nutt's made no bones about the fact that he wants to be back with a program within the state, preferably the Razorbacks. He's been campaigning hard to be inducted into the Arkansas Hall of Fame. He's doing a lot of grandstanding. He has Gus come onto his show to "clear up misconceptions about their tumultuous relationship" (to which Gus flat out lied).

Nutt is trying to leverage himself into a position where he'll only have to be held accountable to a *very* small group of people. He wants his safety net to be almost untouchable...... guess which position within the University of Arkansas has that safety net? Hint: It's not a Head Coaching position.

If Nutt is ultimately successful, all the crap that the Razorbacks endured from 2003-2007 will be child's play.

This is akin to a political power struggle where a disgraced politician is trying to do everything he can to "restore his good name so that he can get into a fantastic seat".

Nutt sucked as a "Mayor". Now he's eyeing the "Governor's" seat.

The above are my own observations and opinions. Take it with a grain of salt. Swallow it in whole. Ridicule me, if you want. Whatever you decide, just keep it in the back of your mind.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Squealers

If you have been paying attention to the newspaper lately it has had several stories of Nutt's return to speak to the Touchdown Club in LR as well as some other PR momentum he is gathering. 

There were well known U of A boosters present at those functions, and were happy to be photographed or quoted in the articles. 

I have spent a great deal of time with some of the worlds most powerful entrepreneurs and business leaders.  And I'm talking one on one time, lots of it.  Names you would not only recognize, but read about in social studies.  Watching people try and gain access to them, and then the power rush they get from that encounter is somewhat spooky.

Take that away, and it's like a drug addict without his fix. He will fight, steal and beg to get it back.   Pretty simple people what is brewing. 

That is why I have been so adamant about letting our current organization have a chance to do what they were brought in to do.  Please feel free to join in.
ESTEEMED HOGVILLE MEMBER # 5524,   Flying the Hog Flag from Crescent Beach in Connecticut!  
Remember...Freedom is NEVER Free. Proud US Air Force  Veteran -- Strategic Air Command/Air Force Communications Command, Giant Talk/Combat Crew Communications Air Traffic Controller.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on September 05, 2014, 03:59:15 pm
Scary, huh?  I thought he'd already advanced to his highest level of incompetence.

hogsanity

Quote from: OTR on September 05, 2014, 03:56:45 pm
I simply can't believe that anything involving Petrino, Nutt, or Gus is feasible in any way, form or fashion at this point.  Too much baggage with the first two and Gus wouldn't leave Auburn for here for anything we could possible pay him.   Not next year or any year after.  It's like we're all expecting the worst because the worst is what's happened lately.

With the way most Arkansans, especially those in power, seem to love to live in the past, I can see several scenarios involving any of those 3 could be possible.

seasonhog

Quote from: hogsanity on September 05, 2014, 03:35:14 pm
If Long and BB are both gone within the next 3 years, the only choice the school will have will be to go back to someone that has already been here because no one new in their right mind would come here.

In the past I have posted that Frank was grooming Nutt for the next AD...

Guys money talks and why this is been talk about is our record the last 2 years.

If we have a bad year ..............they will be heck to pay.......would not be good for our football program.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 05, 2014, 02:58:32 pm
There are a lot of people who got used to being important under Frank and  his various head coaches and now find themselves like the rest of you. Just fans.

A truer statement than this won't get typed in my lifetime...

hogsanity

Quote from: seasonhog on September 05, 2014, 04:07:34 pm
In the past I have posted that Frank was grooming Nutt for the next AD...

Guys money talks and why this is been talk about is our record the last 2 years.

If we have a bad year ..............they will be heck to pay.......would not be good for our football program.

Check your PM

Augustus

Quote from: Porkrind Jimmy on September 05, 2014, 02:10:08 pm
Off on the criticsm of Bret for the time being. I hope that Bret truly does exactly what some of you say he will do. If we have major mistakes in games, I will point them out but I am not calling for his head nor will I be......

Because we have to have him succeed. It is the only chance we have. I was told something late this morning, from someone who I trust completely on things like this. I will not go into details, if they want to speak on that, they will, other than the fact THAT IF there are people here who have joined in with some of us who have been critical of the direction of the program, and are pushing an agenda of reinserting certain powers to former positions of power, you need to know you are not welcome here. And I fully support Lanny, Wilson, Biggus, Mike Irwin, Douglas or any other admin or mod running your ass out of here. I would never support or want to be aligned with anybody who is dead set on returning us to the glory years of per 2008. You will be sniffed out.

Many of us just want what's best for our program. Some believe it is Bret and Jeff, some do not. But I think we all come together when it comes to winning......except for a nefarious few....who are beholden to a used car salesman and his handlers....It will never happen and my name or any other genuine poster on this site, which number in the thousands, we don't want our names associated with you.

PRJ

NM.

Actually read some of the other posts... Good Lord. Who in their right mind would want HDN back at any position in UofA Athletics?!

secrules25

Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 05, 2014, 02:58:32 pm
There are a lot of people who got used to being important under Frank and  his various head coaches and now find themselves like the rest of you. Just fans.

That's not good enough for them.

Too bad.

Again, Bielema was a winner at Wisconsin but he never had to turn a program around that was in trouble. I like what I see behind the scenes. There's a lot of football coaching going on and NO politics.

I can't say how its going to turn out. Nobody can. I can say what it's going to be like if Long leaves and Bielema fails.

Boosters will be lobbying to decide who the next AD & coach will be.

Wait if the big name boosters didn't determine who the AD and head coach was last time then who did ?

hogsanity

Quote from: secrules25 on September 05, 2014, 04:18:39 pm
Wait if the big name boosters didn't determine who the AD and head coach was last time then who did ?

Our old pal John White was heavily involved in Jeff Long being hired, iirc.

elksnort

Good lord, this site provides a fine mystery.

Coach Bret Bielema, his staff, players and we fans need to win 3 games in a row starting tomorrow.

No excuses.

ShadowTheHedgehog

First of all I would never underestimate the people who support Houston Nutt. Could they bring him back? Not as long as Jeff Long is the AD. Could they do it if they put their own AD place? Maybe. What's more likely is they would go for a younger coach that they know. A lot of the so called good ole boy network like Gus. Absolutely they would try to bring him back. But he's not coming back.

One name I hear kicked around a lot is Rhett Lashlee. He'd need to quickly get a head coaching job and win quickly but if he did there would be a push to bring him back to his home state.

The same is true of Tim Horton of he can ever get a head coaching job and win. In fact if Long had not been the AD Horton would probably have gotten the interim title after Petrino wrecked his bike.

Anyway, I'd take Bielema any day of the week over the coaches these people would bring in.

I really hope they don't bring HDN back because when I win the lottery I am planning on buying my own Radio station, give Mike (Irwin) an offer he cant refuse, and have him and HDN together on a radio-show named Mike and Dale in the morning. (May be better as a TV show tho to see the facial expressions) :)

cosmodrum

Sounds like Bret was doomed from the beginning. He and Long won't be here in about 3 years, and I'll die with the Hogs never winning a conference championship.

What a bassackward state (of affairs).
Go away, batin'

Hoggish1

It does, but only in your world...

EastexHawg

Or...

6.  Supporters of our AD, sensing unrest over the W/L record in the major sports, begin letting it leak out that if for any reason Long should leave and we get a new AD it is possible Nutt could come back as well.

That would be a really well thought out plan, because as far as I am concerned the absolute nuclear option...the scariest scenario imaginable...would be to bring back that cliche spewing, shifty eyed, incompetent buffoon Gomer.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: EastexHawg on September 05, 2014, 04:36:41 pm
Or...

6.  Supporters of our AD, sensing unrest over the W/L record in the major sports, begin letting it leak out that if for any reason Long should leave and we get a new AD it is possible Nutt could come back as well.

That's not it.
[CENSORED]!

chitwnhog

I will say only this. If Nutt comes back to the UA in any way shape or fashion I will find another team to root for.

razorsharptusk

Quote from: elksnort on September 05, 2014, 04:29:10 pm
Good lord, this site provides a fine mystery.

Coach Bret Bielema, his staff, players and we fans need to win 3 games in a row starting tomorrow.

No excuses.

Yes Sir!  Let's go Hogs!  Winning solves many ills.
GO HOGS!!

ShadowTheHedgehog

Is Nutt the best they can do thought? Can't you buy/hire a successful a$$ki$$er?

Deep Shoat

Or...

That would be a really well thought out plan, because as far as I am concerned the absolute nuclear option...the scariest scenario imaginable...would be to bring back that cliche spewing, shifty eyed, incompetent buffoon Gomer.
Yeah, because pork rind fricking jimmy is a Long supporter...
All Gas, No Brakes!

impact

What is everyone's issue with Tim Horton?  I understand that his dad is a member of the GOBN.  I thought Tim did an excellent job when Nutt was fired.  He held the recruiting class together whether it was highly ranked or not.
Arkansas Razorback Football - Reigning champion and annual winner of the Integrity Bowl!

MiHogsMi

Or...

Well, if you're right and you may be I'm not willing to take that chance as the thought of Nutt is too repulsive.  How's that for anti-Nutt.

I'll shut my trap about the foibles of Bielema if necessary and just suffer alone knowing I'm doing my part to keep numb-NUTTS outta here.
I don't view The University of Arkansas Football Program as Mr. CBB's personal Petri dish to experiment and tinker with for HIS pleasure and learning curve.

MiHogsMi

Quote from: impact on September 05, 2014, 04:44:01 pm
What is everyone's issue with Tim Horton?  I understand that his dad is a member of the GOBN.  I thought Tim did an excellent job when Nutt was fired.  He held the recruiting class together whether it was highly ranked or not.

Thar she blows,!!  One of them-uns!!
I don't view The University of Arkansas Football Program as Mr. CBB's personal Petri dish to experiment and tinker with for HIS pleasure and learning curve.

secrules25

Quote from: hogsanity on September 05, 2014, 04:21:00 pm
Our old pal John White was heavily involved in Jeff Long being hired, iirc.

Thats not good.

razorsharptusk

With recruiting finally starting to come up in the rankings, this sure does not need to start getting out.  Talk about fleas jumping off a dog, this would kill our recruiting efforts.  Who wants to play in turmoil.
GO HOGS!!

lumphog

Quote from: Porkrind Jimmy on September 05, 2014, 02:59:01 pm
I wouldn't say the AD department.

And IMO, I believe there is more than one faction..

But there are posters, registering here in droves, sent by these factions to stir anger up over Bret and Jeff.

PRJ
+1 Thanks for this info PRJ.......HOG FANS...PAT ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!

Hoggish1

Quote from: Doug on September 05, 2014, 04:01:20 pm

Part of the reason why Nutt was able to fend off mounting criticism is because he had such an unreal safety net with his boss. When his boss' power was slowly whittled away, Nutt got out first chance he could. He, of course, saw the writing on the wall.

Everybody should read this (among many other very good points in Doug's post) very carefully. 

It is the crux of Razorback problems for well over 40 years...

chitwnhog

Quote from: razorsharptusk on September 05, 2014, 04:46:48 pm
With recruiting finally starting to come up in the rankings, this sure does not need to start getting out.  Talk about fleas jumping off a dog, this would kill our recruiting efforts.  Who wants to play in turmoil.

What's new? We have had nothing but turmoil at the UA for years. Geeze.

lefty08

Im a little rattled by this as well. I have to admit i always thought in the back of my mind that this sort of thing was possible. I guess i was naive to the fact that it very well could be happening. I guess what im trying to say is  i owe you an apology PRJ. Ive been here reading the direction of your posts for the last few months, and i was convinced you had turned in that direction. Your OP was good to read, and i think we have found some common ground. The day i stop supporting this university will be a sad day, and i never want to see that day come. I fully support JL for that reason. It takes a real man to stand against the good ole boy system, especially when so much of your job can be affected in doing so. BB needs to work out for all of us that love this school and this program, and to do that, he needs as much support as we can give them. Im willing to do that 100%. Thanks for the post PRJ,and thanks to Mike for the input. Long live the Hogs!!!!
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

lumphog

Quote from: hawgpharmer on September 05, 2014, 03:37:46 pm
I really find it hard to believe in any shape, way, or form that Nutt will ever be on the sidelines again.  Or that Long/Bielema are going anywhere in the next 2 years.  This is a cool piece of fiction tho.
How long have you been a Hog fan ???

TMc

Quote from: Doug on September 05, 2014, 03:18:28 pm
Just tossed several posts and muted a couple people. Some of you just don't have a freakin' clue, do ya?

Back on topic, and as rare as it is: I am with PRJ here. My response is simple:

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
--George Santayana

In our situation, no truer words have ever been referenced.

Be careful of what some of you wish for.

I'm right there with both of you guys.., Bret is going to get it done in time.

majestic

I was at a watch party last weekend with the kids of some pretty prominent boosters. I was amazed to hear them say things like "damn, we were better than this with Nutt", "Frank would have never let this happen", "this is what happens when you bring in Yanks that know nothing of our tradition".

The biggest problem is that these "kids" are now in their late 40's/early 50's and have some real pull and position where they work. I can kind of understand where they are coming from regarding changes made by Long like donation levels, ticket prices, etc. They believe, rightly or not, that they and their parents are owed something for their decades of support. While many of them were pretty vocal over the years about getting rid of Nutt, the current state of affairs seems worse to them than what we had then, when they had more access.

There are rumblings about change. My hope is that BB will shut his mouth and start winning some games. Winning cures everything.

And if Nutt is ever brought back in any meaningful capacity, well, I'll look for another team to support.

Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

lumphog

Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 05, 2014, 03:43:01 pm
Nobody is going to run Jeff Long off but he is going to have the opportunity to be a conference commissioner sooner or later.

The issue then is, who is going to be the next AD?

When that day comes I hope Bielema is winning on a level where he will have some input as to his boss would be.
I'd be all in for Jimmy Dykes......and he'd be as good as any.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: The Boar War on September 05, 2014, 02:57:41 pm
If Coach B loses every SEC game this season he won't be fired.  If he loses every game for the remainder of his contract Houston won't be hired back.

Ya think that's why HDN is crawling around NWA doing speaking engagements at things like the NWA touchdown club?
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Ex-Trumpet

It is truly amazing how a fire gets started...before you know it, you're burning down Yosemite!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

NaturalStateReb

Horton probably wouldn't have done any worse, but he would have been impossible to dislodge if he'd won 9+ games.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: DLUXHOG on September 05, 2014, 05:01:55 pm
Ya think that's why HDN is crawling around NWA doing speaking engagements at things like the NWA touchdown club?

Neah, "Bills come so fast is just messes you up". He needs money again, and people here are always willing to pimp him out.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on September 05, 2014, 05:04:12 pm
Neah, "Bills come so fast is just messes you up". He needs money again, and people here are always willing to pimp him out.

Wow... If he's blown the $3MM we gave him already..... I'm speechless....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)