Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Henri Murphy

Started by BrassNunchucks, September 05, 2014, 11:58:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BrassNunchucks

3* WR from Pine Bluff Dollarway, visiting this weekend for the Nicholls State Game. Anyone know much about this guy?

The Recruiting Guy

He ran a 4.44 at the Arkansas camp. Hogs watching him.

ShadowTheHedgehog

Pine Bluff Dollarway has some good players this year.

The_Iceman

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 05, 2014, 01:41:18 pm
http://247sports.com/Player/Henri-Murphy-70725

Maybe he could be converted to CB?

Seriously, no offense, but I want to start getting kids that are highly thought already at that actual position

ldfergu

It's kinda like someone mentioned in another thread about how top AR kids typically play offense. I think we are in such desperate need of speed in the secondary that you have to ask the "can he play..." questions.

secrules25

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on September 05, 2014, 06:40:09 pm
It's kinda like someone mentioned in another thread about how top AR kids typically play offense. I think we are in such desperate need of speed in the secondary that you have to ask the "can he play..." questions.

I agree with this.. We have a lot of success going on the offensive side of the football in recruiting. But I do not see a lot yet when it comes to the back 7. So if we have too why not take some speedsters like this guy and give them a shot at safety or cb ?

secrules25

Oh one more thing. Some of those speedy RB's we recruit could also spill over into the secondary. Thats how Jimmy Johnson did it at first at Miami. Or so I recall reading something to that extent. Could be wrong old age is a biotch.

redeye

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on September 05, 2014, 05:41:57 pm
Seriously, no offense, but I want to start getting kids that are highly thought already at that actual position

Ironically, I think we've tried all of the above without great success.  I don't know the answer, but I do know that LSU, Alabama and Tennessee have had great success at recruiting good DB's, so I'm excited that we're often competing with them nowadays.