Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Would you consider Arkansas vs Ole Miss @ FedEx Forum (Memphis)

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, September 04, 2014, 09:56:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkansas vs Mississippi in Memphis

No keep it a home & away
54 (39.7%)
1 year trail
82 (60.3%)

Total Members Voted: 136

98hogs

Inhogswetrust

September 12, 2014, 04:49:17 pm #101 Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 06:58:04 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: Buck Brewer on September 11, 2014, 10:54:40 pm
Just proves why they want home games with SEC teams. It gets a few more thousand Tiger fans there because SEC and lots more visiting team fans there.

Memphis is having a bad run of bad news, 15 year old shot tonite, a teen shot and killed while they slept in bed the other night from a stray bullet, a Memphis firefighter shooting a woman dead at a Target, it goes on and on. The good news is that the rain washed some of the blood off the streets today.

The ONLY way tiger high can get even close to a sellout is scheduling SEC teams.

Those bad things happening in memphis is practically an everyday occurrence. Believe it or not it has actually gotten better over the years I've been here. That tells you how bad it really used to be. IF not for my wife's family and her FedEx job we would go bye bye to Memphis.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Buck Brewer

Quote from: WorfHog on September 12, 2014, 08:26:23 am
Would Arkansas' Athletic Department consider  a 2 home for 1 away with Memphis State in football and a 1 for 2 in basketball for those years? Would Memphis? Get a decent OOC team at home for a couple years in football and a road game where we'd have a good turnout. I don't think they'll be an upset threat for us in football on a year or two. Our basketball team is only getting better and I think we could go into Memphis and win.

Get a good rivalry going again and help the Hogs in Memphis recruiting.

If Arkansas and Memphis agreed to two games in Ark and one in the Liberty Bowl for football, I'd expect nothing short of a 4 year home and home in basketball. The key would be Memphis' compensation for playing in Fayetteville for a two or one deal. One payday for them against an SEC teams is better than two against most of their conference in the LB. So many of those that do attend a game, is discounted tickets when an SEC would not be.

We should also play them in baseball at Autozone like that mid week set a few years back.

UofMemphis

Quote from: Buck Brewer on September 12, 2014, 10:06:58 pm
If Arkansas and Memphis agreed to two games in Ark and one in the Liberty Bowl for football, I'd expect nothing short of a 4 year home and home in basketball. The key would be Memphis' compensation for playing in Fayetteville for a two or one deal. One payday for them against an SEC teams is better than two against most of their conference in the LB. So many of those that do attend a game, is discounted tickets when an SEC would not be.

We should also play them in baseball at Autozone like that mid week set a few years back.

Why in the world would we agree to that when we can play teams like Mississippi, Tennessee, Duke, UCLA, etc home-home?

We don't do 2 for 1 deals...with anyone (although I hear we almost did one with Notre Dame...but that's Notre Dame)
memphistigers.org <--- memphis message board.