Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Charles West.....

Started by hogville38, September 03, 2014, 08:45:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogville38

Is anyone as excited about this kid as I am? This kid is my favorite kid we are on.

I do realize we need some defense recruits bad but hard not to get excited  about him.

Music City Hog

We are going to take 1 more RB and there are 3-4 potential.  I have no idea how to rank or decide which I prefer.

redeye

Quote from: Music City Hog on September 03, 2014, 08:51:30 pm
We are going to take 1 more RB and there are 3-4 potential.  I have no idea how to rank or decide which I prefer.

Watch videos?

I don't spend much time doing that anymore, but I've gained a lot of insight in the past.  Back when we were recruiting Wingo and Knile Davis, I couldn't understand why all the excitement was around Wingo and not Davis.  Wingo may have been rated slightly higher, but Davis was obviously the better RB on film.

SemperFi

I'm excited about Rawleigh Williams. He's already in the fold and looks as good if not better than any kid we have on the board. Very balanced RB. Despite the Ole Piss fanboy that stated that they knew he was going to flip and just moved on. I know losing a kid of that caliber is going to sting, just like it will when Pettway commits to the Hogs.

I do think that Gallaspy is the one left on our board that I wish we could get a commit out of. Between Gallaspy, Higdon and West the Hogs are going to be thick at the RB spot if we can land any one of them.

I would like to see the Hogs go hard after the defensive side of the ball. Leave a spot for Gragg, Pettway and one of the three RB's I listed above and then my hope is that they turn their focus to the defensive recruits. Better get on this train now as it's filling up fast. WPS!
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Tim Harris

Quote from: SemperFi on September 04, 2014, 04:55:42 am
I would like to see the Hogs go hard after the defensive side of the ball. Leave a spot for Gragg, Pettway and one of the three RB's I listed above and then my hope is that they turn their focus to the defensive recruits. Better get on this train now as it's filling up fast. WPS!

My guess is we save those 3 spots you mentioned plus 1-2 for OL and then the rest will defense.

Huckleberry Pig

I prefer West over the others, can't teach speed.  And he has plenty of it.  Just think with our offense a true speedster like him at RB would provide a thunder/lightning attack that would give opposing D's fits.  Similar to Korliss now, would likely get a bit more use though.

Would pe pleased with any of the three, just prefer West.

Oklahawg

Not so certain we don't take 3 RBs in this class. A lot has to do with development of the 2013-14 recruits this fall, and where the gaps in the depth chart appear. We may have to go after an extra DE that grows into a DT or an extra Safety before we are done.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

lumphog

I'm excited about Rawleigh Williams. He's already in the fold and looks as good if not better than any kid we have on the board. Very balanced RB. Despite the Ole Piss fanboy that stated that they knew he was going to flip and just moved on. I know losing a kid of that caliber is going to sting, just like it will when Pettway commits to the Hogs.

I do think that Gallaspy is the one left on our board that I wish we could get a commit out of. Between Gallaspy, Higdon and West the Hogs are going to be thick at the RB spot if we can land any one of them. 

What about Nyheim Hines from NC ? He reeeealy looks good & has been retweeting AR fans........His video is great. Small (5'9"-190lb) but very fast (4.34-40) I would like to get this guy......(NEVERMIND) He just released his Top 7 and Arkansas was not in it

MissippHog

I agree on Gallaspy.  Kid is a beast.  I also think that Williams will be a 4 star in the end. 

The_Boot_stops_here

I'm not sure it matters how interested we are in West.  He doesn't seem all that interested in Arkansas.  to be honest, the kid should be pumped about the offer but it doesn't seem that he is and he is very adamant that he doesn't have any leaders.  we should be a leader and its not even close based on his less than impressive offer list

Scott7703

I prefer gallaspy and Williams. Those guys can do it all. Would be impact players.

GolfnHog

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on September 04, 2014, 05:47:44 pm
I'm not sure it matters how interested we are in West.  He doesn't seem all that interested in Arkansas.  to be honest, the kid should be pumped about the offer but it doesn't seem that he is and he is very adamant that he doesn't have any leaders.  we should be a leader and its not even close based on his less than impressive offer list

I'm leaning in agreement w/ this. That being said, I think he's waiting to see if Michigan offers and if they do, he jumps at that one.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

tophawg19

don't forget patrick Carr . he looks very good on film . great vision , power to break tackles and plenty of speed
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on September 04, 2014, 11:32:18 am
I prefer West over the others, can't teach speed.  And he has plenty of it.  Just think with our offense a true speedster like him at RB would provide a thunder/lightning attack that would give opposing D's fits.  Similar to Korliss now, would likely get a bit more use though.

Would pe pleased with any of the three, just prefer West.

I love to pe pleasantly...  ;)
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.