Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Would anybody else like to see

Started by Mike_e, September 02, 2014, 04:55:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike_e

Would anybody else like to see Hunter Henry at the wide out position?

He might not be able to outrun any corner in the league (OK, SEC) but He might be able to get off the line.

Put him in a trips set left or right and watch them sweat.  ;)
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

razorbackkid

Whatever it takes to see him in the end zone with the ball in his hands works for me.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

WardamnHOGGLE

Not me.  We need him to run block.  I'd just like to see us use him more.  He's a great player.

Mike_e

Quote from: WardamnHOGGLE on September 02, 2014, 05:43:45 pm
Not me.  We need him to run block.  I'd just like to see us use him more.  He's a great player.

Putting on the line he blocks one guy, put him out wide he gets three or four guys assigned to him.

Mike_e

Quote from: hogsanity on September 02, 2014, 07:35:00 pm
Really? The d is going to triple or quadruple cover him?

LOL  NO, but the corner is occupied as well as his having the full attention of that side's linebacker and the safety for that side.

He would at the least keep the D for whichever side he's on honest, which is more than you can say for the actual wideouts we have now.

HOGINTENNESSEE

He did lineup wide a few times last week. Hard for a big man like that to get open on the outside.

Unless you are just planning for Jump Ball like with Jimmy Graham

NeckTattoo

Quote from: Mike_e on September 02, 2014, 04:55:12 pm
Would anybody else like to see Hunter Henry at the wide out position?

He might not be able to outrun any corner in the league (OK, SEC) but He might be able to get off the line.

Put him in a trips set left or right and watch them sweat.  ;)

H is my boy but he damn sure ain't no jimmy graham.

code red

I would like to see....our Offensive coordinator and HC stick to whats working....the run game.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

The_Iceman

MJ2

I'd just like to see them throw to him more.   He can't be used if he's not getting the ball.  Huge talent that is not being used.

LAHogfan123

Quote from: Mike_e on September 02, 2014, 06:41:22 pm
Putting on the line he blocks one guy, put him out wide he gets three or four guys assigned to him.

I don't think so Tim, he's a good TE, but we have no one good enough for the opposition to put 3 guys on.

Piggfoot

speed is no good unless you run crisp patterns and can catch the ball
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Mike_e on September 02, 2014, 06:41:22 pm

Are you sure it's only 3 or 4?  Sure it's not four or five?

PonderinHog

Quote from: Hoggish1 on September 03, 2014, 11:01:50 am
Are you sure it's only 3 or 4?  Sure it's not four or five?
Four max, duh.

hawgXi

anybody know how many timer HH was targeted in the auburn game?

PonderinHog

Quote from: hawgXi on September 03, 2014, 11:16:30 am
anybody know how many timer HH was targeted in the auburn game?
Twice? 1 TD and 1 drop?

razortaz

I say put Sprinkle out wide and had HH and AJ at tight end. Sprinkle to me looks like a big wide out anyway and he has some wheels. Would cause mismatches.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: razortaz on September 03, 2014, 01:58:36 pm
I say put Sprinkle out wide and had HH and AJ at tight end. Sprinkle to me looks like a big wide out anyway and he has some wheels. Would cause mismatches.
[CENSORED]!

TeedupHigh

Quote from: code red on September 03, 2014, 09:42:52 am
I would like to see....our Offensive coordinator and HC stick to whats working....the run game.

BUT, but, but we got to throw it all over the lot.............

Dirty

jackflash

on passing downs I am for anything that will make the safeties have to cover someone. Anything that kept them from putting 8 or 9 in the box. Would like to see if a LB or S could cover Marshall. I would be the best WR we have inside of Marshall, then put Marshall in motions. And see who comes open

Kevin

put henry & sprinkle in the slot some. like the new england patriots
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

cosmodrum

I'd like Henry to get better at blocking, like Tony Gonzalez had to do in the NFL.
Go away, batin'