Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ty Storey

Started by Medic821, September 02, 2014, 06:41:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PorkRyan

After watching him Thursday night, I expect him to redshirt and then start for 4 years.  He throws a much better ball than Peavey, its not even close.  He has a lot more talent than Brandon, but there will be a big transition to go from Charleston to SEC football.  18 months should be enough time to adapt and win the job.  As was stated, his WR's dropped 8-10 passes in that game Thursday.  Watching Northside vs Pine Bluff tonight, you see how little athletic talent was on the field Thursday.  Storey is probably the only player that would have seen the field for PB or NHS.

blu

4 good 'uns. When was the last time we could say that?
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

ARtillahog

Quote from: Boaris Tusknik on September 03, 2014, 11:57:15 am
I agree on the receivers!  Always talk about lack of talent in smaller classifications.I call BS.  I played at a smaller school here in Arkansas my junior and senior year and played at Cullman High school in Alabama my sophomore year. (Zac Tubbs). Our qb here in Arkansas had a full ride to A State.Played Charleston my senior year first round of playoffs got beat  63-7. That team had a kid name Drew Hill..amazing talent.Talent is all over this state and every other in every classification.

Quote from: Boaris Tusknik on September 05, 2014, 11:22:46 am
Wow you did read my post right. Never did I say that the Competition at a smaller school would prepare him. What I did say is there is D-1 talent at any level of High School classification. Junction City for example. Come on son you are better than that.

Talent level equals better competition.  The fact of the matter is there is no where near the amount of talent in 3A-4 which then equates to a lack of competition for Ty Storey to compete against.  THAT has always been the questions from some fans surrounding Ty Storey and that is how competition affects this discussion.  Boy.

PorkRyan

Quote from: ARtillahog on September 06, 2014, 10:42:09 am
Talent level equals better competition.  The fact of the matter is there is no where near the amount of talent in 3A-4 which then equates to a lack of competition for Ty Storey to compete against.  THAT has always been the questions from some fans surrounding Ty Storey and that is how competition affects this discussion.  Boy.

We had a big group of people that went to the games at Northside on Thursday and Friday.  Everyone was praising Ty for how he played.  But, there was a lot of talk last night about how much slower the game was on Thursday.  The talent level just wasn't very good.  When you see those athletes that played last night it really showed the speed difference. 

ARtillahog

Quote from: PorkRyan on September 06, 2014, 11:10:15 am
We had a big group of people that went to the games at Northside on Thursday and Friday.  Everyone was praising Ty for how he played.  But, there was a lot of talk last night about how much slower the game was on Thursday.  The talent level just wasn't very good.  When you see those athletes that played last night it really showed the speed difference.

Thank you.

tophawg19

but that goes both ways . the defenses may not be as good but neither are the offenses .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

ARtillahog

Quote from: tophawg19 on September 06, 2014, 11:23:04 am
but that goes both ways . the defenses may not be as good but neither are the offenses .

Of course, the level of talent is just not there in the lower classifications.  You'll have a few, and they have proven to be an athlete at almost any level, BUT they are far and few between.

Boaris Tusknik

Quote from: ARtillahog on September 06, 2014, 12:14:55 pm
Of course, the level of talent is just not there in the lower classifications.  You'll have a few, and they have proven to be an athlete at almost any level, BUT they are far and few between.
SMH...you missed my point.

buffarkie

There is no high school in America that will prepare you for SEC football.  He has the talent to compete in the SEC.

The real Hogules

Quote from: buffarkie on September 07, 2014, 10:02:19 am
There is no high school in America that will prepare you for SEC football.  He has the talent to compete in the SEC.

This is the deal.
Either you have the talent, or you don't!
School classification has nothing to do with whether or not an athlete has enough God given ability to compete at the D-1A level and beyond.
Now, I will admit that athletes coming from the lower classifications usually need a little more coaching up on technique, nutrition, and strength training than those athletes competing at the higher classifications.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

ldfergu

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 05, 2014, 11:21:30 pm
Brandon Allen. Then peavey. Then Storey.

You think those are our top 3 next year??

ARtillahog

PorkRinds

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on September 07, 2014, 10:36:41 am
You think those are our top 3 next year??

Next year? BA, AA, Rp, TS. The year after, I believe RP will beat out AA and then have a competition with TS the following years. May the best man win.

Großer Kriegschwein

Hopefully we don't lose anyone. D. Mitchell could be a beast at WR. I don't know if RP would be able to make that jump to WR.
This is my non-signature signature.

scruf

I heard Ty can throw a football over those mountains. If coach puts him in he'll probably be All State.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: JayBell on September 02, 2014, 09:24:04 am
Storey throws 40-50 yard passes with ease.  It amazes me how many times opposing defenses get burned by Charleston over the top.  it's like they can't believe he's going to efficiently throw 40+ yard passes over and over again.

Arm strength is the easiest thing about him to notice.  He has all the tools; all of them.  You just never know how someone will pan out at the next level.
Anybody wanna guess when Storey is a starter?

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Hog N Bama on September 07, 2014, 06:56:38 pm
Anybody wanna guess when Storey is a starter?
Lol, you guys get in such a hurry. There are many variables involved. I can say he has the tools, arm strength, and you can't ask for a qb with a better head on his shoulders.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: BBsTheMan on September 07, 2014, 07:15:20 pm
Lol, you guys get in such a hurry. There are many variables involved. I can say he has the tools, arm strength, and you can't ask for a qb with a better head on his shoulders.
I hear so many scenarios, predictions. What is the most agreed upon year Storey is a starter?
2017?

PorkRinds

Quote from: Hog N Bama on September 07, 2014, 07:32:26 pm
I hear so many scenarios, predictions. What is the most agreed upon year Storey is a starter?
2017?

Most agreed upon? When the coaches think he's ready.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Hog N Bama on September 07, 2014, 07:32:26 pm
2017?
He could start as early as September 2015, or he might not ever start a game for us..or it could be somewhere in between. I can assure you that each of those scenarios are possible.

If this was 2008, we'd be talking about just how great Darius Winston is going to be... 

Iwastherein1969

with Damon Mitchell getting some reps at RB you can see what is going to happen down the line....both of Damon's plays were toss sweeps, you know they type of play where the RB suddenly pulls up and throws the ball down field to a wide azz open receiver ?.....we will use this play when and if we have a shot to pull of an upset late in the game...book it...Damon did not run off tackle, he ran only on two toss sweeps....good Lord this is going to work since Damon is a former 4 star QB...I say CBB pulls this play out of the bag to beat someone like A&M...just a thought
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on September 07, 2014, 10:18:40 pm
with Damon Mitchell getting some reps at RB you can see what is going to happen down the line....both of Damon's plays were toss sweeps, you know they type of play where the RB suddenly pulls up and throws the ball down field to a wide azz open receiver ?.....we will use this play when and if we have a shot to pull of an upset late in the game...book it...Damon did not run off tackle, he ran only on two toss sweeps....good Lord this is going to work since Damon is a former 4 star QB...I say CBB pulls this play out of the bag to beat someone like A&M...just a thought
Ok

root_hawg

Redshirt as a freshman, starts as a redshirt freshman, AA is his back up

JayBell

Quote from: root_hawg on September 08, 2014, 08:49:21 pmRedshirt as a freshman, starts as a redshirt freshman, AA is his back up

Austin Allen won't be at Arkansas as a redshirt junior if he is still backing up a freshman and/or a sophomore.

jjdlc

I really do not understand the desire some people have to throw true freshman QBs into the fire.  History says its a terrible idea, doubly so in the SEC.

PorkRinds

Quote from: jjdlc on September 09, 2014, 11:13:55 am
I really do not understand the desire some people have to throw true freshman QBs into the fire.  History says its a terrible idea, doubly so in the SEC.

It's not going to happen.  BA will be our QB next year unless something unforeseen happens.

jjdlc

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 09, 2014, 11:15:15 am
It's not going to happen.  BA will be our QB next year unless something unforeseen happens.

Absolutely, this coaching staff has better sense than that.  Now as to BA being QB,  that is the most likely case, but the pool will be more competition, so you never know.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 09, 2014, 11:15:15 am
Agreed.. And if BA gets beat out, it will be by Rafe or AA, not Ty Storey.

I can say this, including QB's, BB is building good depth all over the place. 

20gauge

Quote from: jjdlc on September 09, 2014, 11:13:55 am
Last 2 Heisman winners were Freshmen. If they are better than the other guy they should start.

jjdlc

Quote from: 20gauge on September 09, 2014, 04:03:03 pm
Last 2 Heisman winners were Freshmen. If they are better than the other guy they should start.

Incorrect, both were redshirt freshmen.  Red shirt year makes a big difference.

root_hawg

Next year ... BA AA RP Storey red shirts
Following year ... Storey whoever doesn't transfer to UCA

20gauge

Quote from: jjdlc on September 09, 2014, 06:56:52 pm
Incorrect, both were redshirt freshmen.  Red shirt year makes a big difference.
Still technically a Freshman. Neither had played a college game.

PorkRinds

Quote from: 20gauge on September 12, 2014, 10:45:20 am

But they had a year in their college system to acclimate.  Not the same thing as a true freshman.

ARtillahog

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 12, 2014, 11:27:41 am
But they had a year in their college system to acclimate.  Not the same thing as a true freshman.

Tis true.

jjdlc

Quote from: 20gauge on September 12, 2014, 10:45:20 am

LOL, no they are not, they are technically sophomores, who happen to still have 4 years of eligibility.  They have at least a year, in some cases a year and a half learning the play book/system, working with trainers, and practicing against college level players.  Not even remotely the same.