Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ty Storey

Started by Medic821, September 02, 2014, 06:41:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Medic821

I have not got to see Ty in person yet.  But will soon.  For those who have, does he pass the eye test as far as reads arm strength?

grayhawg

Quote from: Medic821 on September 02, 2014, 06:41:43 am
I have not got to see Ty in person yet.  But will soon.  For those who have, does he pass the eye test as far as reads arm strength?
YES!

Russ22

Yes. He has the tools to be a good passer.

Serious question: Has he EVER taken a snap that wasn't in the shotgun?
For the latest Arkansas High School 7-on-7 football news:

http://7on7football.blogspot.com/

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

The_Iceman

You can check him out yourself.

JayBell

Storey throws 40-50 yard passes with ease.  It amazes me how many times opposing defenses get burned by Charleston over the top.  it's like they can't believe he's going to efficiently throw 40+ yard passes over and over again.

Arm strength is the easiest thing about him to notice.  He has all the tools; all of them.  You just never know how someone will pan out at the next level.

Grizzlyfan

You can see Storey at 5:30 Thursday night at Northside high school in Fort Smith against Shiloh Christian.  The only problem with Storey is that his high school career has given him zero preparation for college football.  He's usually out at half time and I don't think he's every been sacked.  It will take a little time to get him ready for SEC defenses.

HOGINTENNESSEE

H&D

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on September 02, 2014, 08:53:33 am
Can he catch the ball?

Yes, at the :56 mark of the highlight video. But hopefully he will never have to at Arkansas.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

hogsanity

Physically he passes the eye test.  He looks like he is 25 yrs old already.  The one thing that scares me, is that he has played against less than stellar competition, but that scares me about all AR Hs Qb's. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: hogsanity on September 02, 2014, 09:35:21 am
Physically he passes the eye test.  He looks like he is 25 yrs old already.  The one thing that scares me, is that he has played against less than stellar competition, but that scares me about all AR Hs Qb's. 

Was thinking the same thing about his age.  Saw a pic someone tweeted of him and thought dude looks like he is in college already. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

hogsanity

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on September 02, 2014, 09:46:32 am
Was thinking the same thing about his age.  Saw a pic someone tweeted of him and thought dude looks like he is in college already. 

I umpired a couple of their baseball games last spring. When he walked up to the plate, I thought one of the coaches was coming to ask me a question. Then I realized he was bigger than all their coaches too.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

XX

There's a guy on here that knows him and I was more than impressed with his remarks about Ty.  But I'll leave it to him if he wishes to discuss...

Fill yur hands you son of a bitch!!

BaggerHog

Ty's numbers are most likely going to be down drastically this year. The offensive line and receivers are not what he has had the past two years. He will have to move around much more this year. I just hope he doesn't get injured. 

hogsanity

Quote from: ChsTigerHog on September 02, 2014, 11:23:46 am
Ty's numbers are most likely going to be down drastically this year. The offensive line and receivers are not what he has had the past two years. He will have to move around much more this year. I just hope he doesn't get injured.

His receivers are still only playing against so so talent.  His numbers may drop some, but I expect they will still be alright.

Kevin

i expect him to be wearing a baseball cap & redshirting next year, and this has nothing to do with his talent
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

The_Iceman

Quote from: Kevin on September 02, 2014, 11:29:20 am
i expect him to be wearing a baseball cap & redshirting next year, and this has nothing to do with his talent

From what we saw Saturday, Brandon Allen will be good enough to start next year as well for us.

Elrod

I am surprised no one has noticed what a great set of receivers Ty has had to throw too.  Usually if the ball is in their area code they come down with the catch.  I have not heard of any college offers for them, one senior last year should have had one for sure. Ty still has 2 or 3 of them left for this year, so hopefully production will not drop off too far. Offense line protection may be his main problem this season.

swinesation

Ty Storey is the next great QB for the University of Arkansas. Mark it down. He's already better, talent-wise, than anybody we have on campus. Unfortunately, BB will probably sit him next year, but by his redshirt freshman year he'll be starting and leading the Razorbacks to glory!

Tim Harris

The biggest thing for Ty will be how quickly does he adjust to SEC football.  I would guess that outside of a camp setting he hasn't thrown any passes against D1 defensive backs.  He will be here to go through spring practice though so that will be a big help.

ricepig

Quote from: Tim Harris on September 02, 2014, 01:21:27 pm
The biggest thing for Ty will be how quickly does he adjust to SEC football.  I would guess that outside of a camp setting he hasn't thrown any passes against D1 defensive backs.  He will be here to go through spring practice though so that will be a big help.

Well, some would say he still wouldn't be throwing against D-I defensive backs, just kidding......I suspect he will redshirt, but being on campus for spring is only good.

PorkRinds

Quote from: swinesation on September 02, 2014, 01:05:03 pm
Ty Storey is the next great QB for the University of Arkansas. Mark it down. He's already better, talent-wise, than anybody we have on campus. Unfortunately, fortunately, BB will probably sit him next year so he can catch up with the speed of the game in the SEC, but by his redshirt freshman year he'll be starting and leading the Razorbacks to glory!

FIFY

hogman99

Quote from: Elrod on September 02, 2014, 12:57:34 pm
I am surprised no one has noticed what a great set of receivers Ty has had to throw too.  Usually if the ball is in their area code they come down with the catch.  I have not heard of any college offers for them, one senior last year should have had one for sure. Ty still has 2 or 3 of them left for this year, so hopefully production will not drop off too far. Offense line protection may be his main problem this season.

Those guys did make some good catches in that video.

grayhawg

I have not seen Peavy except in the all star game last fall. But neither of the Allen's have the passing skill of Storey and from what I seen in that All Star game neither does Peavy, when it comes to distance, accuracy and finding the open receiver. I think after next spring we will see one or maybe even two qb's transfer

BaggerHog

Quote from: Russ22 on September 02, 2014, 08:51:53 am
Yes. He has the tools to be a good passer.

Serious question: Has he EVER taken a snap that wasn't in the shotgun?
Ty has taken some snaps under center (not many) but if I said it was no problem I would not be being truthful. He struggles under center and will need some coaching up in that area.

Three of those four receivers we saw in the video are gone (1, 11, and 40) and their replacements are not on that level. They return two starters (35 and 81).

He is not going to get the protection from the offensive line he had last year. His largest and best returning lineman (a two year starter) is now gone with a knee injury.     

sowmonella

The video shows a very strong arm, quick release, good pocket awareness and excellent touch.  :razorback:
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

whosiskid

I think Ty is rated much lower than he ought to be, and the exclusive reason he is a 91 on 247 instead of a 96 or 97 is the level of competition. I think the real clue to his ability is his track record at combines and 7 on 7 competitions. He has stood out there the same way he has at his school. I honestly think he should be the top rated player in Arkansas, but it is nearly impossible given his level of competition.

On the shotgun issue, Rafe Peavey ran the wildcat most of the time in HS. That is why he racked up such major running yards: there was no one to hand off to! I think he'll make the transition. A huge number of HS QBs have the same problem. He will be on campus in January. I'm sure they will have him working on a bunch of under center drills.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

Kevin

So peavy should just pack his bags
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Hog Fan from Camden

Quote from: Kevin on September 02, 2014, 08:25:11 pm
So peavy should just pack his bags
Nope, he should prepare to compete for the starting job!  This is a good thing for both Storey and Peavy, IMHO!  A good thing for the Hogs program also!

blu

I really like both Rafe and Ty. Would be great to keep them both. Next year, all 3 of BA's backups will be 4 star rated QBs.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

Boaris Tusknik

I agree on the receivers!  Always talk about lack of talent in smaller classifications.I call BS.  I played at a smaller school here in Arkansas my junior and senior year and played at Cullman High school in Alabama my sophomore year. (Zac Tubbs). Our qb here in Arkansas had a full ride to A State.Played Charleston my senior year first round of playoffs got beat  63-7. That team had a kid name Drew Hill..amazing talent.Talent is all over this state and every other in every classification.

ARtillahog

Quote from: Boaris Tusknik on September 03, 2014, 11:57:15 am
I agree on the receivers!  Always talk about lack of talent in smaller classifications.I call BS.  I played at a smaller school here in Arkansas my junior and senior year and played at Cullman High school in Alabama my sophomore year. (Zac Tubbs). Our qb here in Arkansas had a full ride to A State.Played Charleston my senior year first round of playoffs got beat  63-7. That team had a kid name Drew Hill..amazing talent.Talent is all over this state and every other in every classification.

None of what you stated proves that there is talent in the smaller classifications. 

bellavistamike

That's what jumped out at me... Those kids caught every ball that was close to them, just plucked them outta the air. Great passes but good catches also. The Hogs need some guys like that...

Boaris Tusknik

Quote from: ARtillahog on September 03, 2014, 12:18:25 pm
None of what you stated proves that there is talent in the smaller classifications.

Can you read?

The_Iceman

ARtillahog

Quote from: Boaris Tusknik on September 03, 2014, 12:32:34 pm
Quote from: ARtillahog on September 03, 2014, 12:18:25 pm

Can you read?

You named just 3 players that were of decent athletic ability.  Yes, SOMETIMES small schools have athletes that can play at the FBS level.  That still doesn't mean the overall talent level is enough to create solid competition that would develop a player to be closer to playing as a true freshmen in the SEC.  Ty Storey did pretty much whatever he wanted in Charleston's state title game again Glen Rose, how many D-1 DBs or LBs do you think Glen Rose had?

It appears Storey has the physical tools to play in the SEC.  He wouldn't have the offers he does if that weren't true.  But to say he plays against competition that will have him more ready for SEC play is ridiculous.

SemperFi

Ty Storey can make every throw and makes it look easy doing it.....nuff said.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

pondwater jack

Quote from: seXual cHOGolate on September 02, 2014, 11:11:52 am
There's a guy on here that knows him and I was more than impressed with his remarks about Ty.  But I'll leave it to him if he wishes to discuss...

yeah i know him. What my feat tell me anyway. . I have him ranked as a "huge program changing get"  he'll be a great one
Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 13, 2015, 07:56:19 am
I cry at the thought of our creator looking down from on high relishing in two of his more majestic creations (Jack Blasingame and Mike Irwin) pulling together for the benefit of all razorback nation. Neigh..! mankind...
Quote from: Fort Dweller on February 14, 2015, 10:04:29 pm
And they slowly slink back to their holes.  Well done Madden and Watkins.

Boaris Tusknik

Quote from: ARtillahog on September 05, 2014, 09:48:51 am
Can you read?

You named just 3 players that were of decent athletic ability.  Yes, SOMETIMES small schools have athletes that can play at the FBS level.  That still doesn't mean the overall talent level is enough to create solid competition that would develop a player to be closer to playing as a true freshmen in the SEC.  Ty Storey did pretty much whatever he wanted in Charleston's state title game again Glen Rose, how many D-1 DBs or LBs do you think Glen Rose had?

It appears Storey has the physical tools to play in the SEC.  He wouldn't have the offers he does if that weren't true.  But to say he plays against competition that will have him more ready for SEC play is ridiculous.

Wow you did read my post right. Never did I say that the Competition at a smaller school would prepare him. What I did say is there is D-1 talent at any level of High School classification. Junction City for example. Come on son you are better than that.

Nipsey Mussle

His WR's dropped a ton of his passes last night.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: swinesation on September 02, 2014, 01:05:03 pm
Ty Storey is the next great QB for the University of Arkansas. Mark it down. He's already better, talent-wise, than anybody we have on campus. Unfortunately, BB will probably sit him next year, but by his redshirt freshman year he'll be starting and leading the Razorbacks to glory!
It's unfortunate that our coach may not start a true freshman at QB?

H&D

Quote from: BBsTheMan on September 05, 2014, 12:06:38 pm
It's unfortunate that our coach may not start a true freshman at QB?

What has led you to believe that?  He has started a ton of true freshmen.  He has a history of starting the best player.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: H&D on September 05, 2014, 12:10:18 pm
What has led you to believe that?  He has started a ton of true freshmen.  He has a history of starting the best player.
I was responding to the poster who suggested it would be unfortunate if Ty Storey was redshirted. I'm a Charleston guy but it's highly unlikely Storey will be our best choice when he gets on campus. Out of all positions, it takes the longest for qb's to adjust to the game, typically. He either does not realize that or he's just being overzealous.
I know posters on here love to go wild on predictions but thinking it would be bad to RS a qb is odd thinking. I'd love to hear how many true freshman qb's won a game in week 1 as a starter.

BaggerHog

Quote from: BBsTheMan on September 05, 2014, 12:05:03 pm
His WR's dropped a ton of his passes last night.

Yes they did.

At least half of his incompletions were just flat out drops of passes right on the money. Like I said in my earlier post, his receivers this year are not on the same level as the ones last year.

He had three bad passes. One of his receivers bailed him out on one by snatching it right off his shoe tops for a touchdown.     

H&D

Quote from: BBsTheMan on September 05, 2014, 12:14:18 pm
I was responding to the poster who suggested it would be unfortunate if Ty Storey was redshirted. I'm a Charleston guy but it's highly unlikely Storey will be our best choice when he gets on campus. Out of all positions, it takes the longest for qb's to adjust to the game, typically. He either does not realize that or he's just being overzealous.
I know posters on here love to go wild on predictions but thinking it would be bad to RS a qb is odd thinking. I'd love to hear how many true freshman qb's won a game in week 1 as a starter.

Ah, I missed the question mark.  IMO, if it's close, you redshirt the freshmen. So I think we agree on that.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: blu on September 03, 2014, 05:10:04 am
I really like both Rafe and Ty. Would be great to keep them both. Next year, all 3 of BA's backups will be 4 star rated QBs.
you mean, all 4 QBs will be 4*s. Somebody has to emerge from that group!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

tophawg19

Peavey would be my guess next year . throws well, runs well . a true duel threat QB . With us still building our o-line , i think his mobility becomes a big advantage . he can make all the throws as well. Storey's soph. season should see a real QB  battle
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Bubba's Bruisers

Allen, Peavey, Storey, Ford?, whoever...  The point is we have real potential at QB for the next 4 or 5 years.  Throw in bigger, stronger, better offensive and defensive lines, and we have a receipt for major success.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Iwastherein1969

I hear ya and I'm almost always against taking QB's from high schools in Arkansas...they just aren't that good...but watching this kid, and yes he is playing against inferior competition, but he's making all the tough throws that QB's must make at the next level.....he's not just throwing screens and hitches and slants and watching the WR's out run  much inferior opponents Storey is actually making the throws to spots way down the field...the pass from the left hash from about the 20 yard line across the field hitting the receiver in the far right corner of the end zone BEFORE the receiver hit the out of bounds marker was proof positive, at least to me, that this kid is the real deal...Arky bred or not
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

PorkRinds

Quote from: tophawg19 on September 05, 2014, 09:24:02 pm
Peavey would be my guess next year . throws well, runs well . a true duel threat QB . With us still building our o-line , i think his mobility becomes a big advantage . he can make all the throws as well. Storey's soph. season should see a real QB  battle
Brandon Allen. Then peavey. Then Storey.