Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CBB Twitter

Started by DallasHogFan, September 01, 2014, 06:26:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DallasHogFan

Been on fire tonight talking about talking to kids from Hope, Nacagdoches, and Springhill.   
Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, all right. We got 4:11 Positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some "Hogville Censored" muscle. -Wooderson

TX HOG

Wonder if he's talking about 2015 or 2016 kids

Go hogs go

2016, first day he can call them.

WBC Hog

Those recruits are eating it up too. If you look and see who "favorited" or retweeted those tweets, normally the recruit he is talking about did one or the other. They like the attention. That's one thing I really like about Bielema. He's into things like twitter that's all the kids are into.

Hope- McTelvin Agim DE
Nacogdoches- Brandon Jones top FS in 2016
Springhill- Devin White RB/LB

TX HOG

I live in east texas. Brandon jones looks bad A

GEO-HOG

Quote from: TX HOG on September 01, 2014, 09:27:17 pm

Where in East Texas?  I live in Tyler and was wondering if there was an East Texas Hog fan club.  If not, maybe we can get one started.

WBC Hog

Quote from: TX HOG on September 01, 2014, 09:27:17 pm

Go give him a big Woo Pig. We need some safeties bad!

TX HOG

Quote from: GEO-HOG on September 01, 2014, 09:55:57 pm
Where in East Texas?  I live in Tyler and was wondering if there was an East Texas Hog fan club.  If not, maybe we can get one started.

Yep. We're in tyler

TX HOG

Quote from: WBC Hog on September 01, 2014, 10:19:01 pm
Go give him a big Woo Pig. We need some safeties bad!

The dude has his pick of wherever he wants to go. It's gonna be tough...

LumberBacks

Hogs also after Jaylon Layne out of Nac.  3* CB commit to Okie State.  Big offer list including Tenner, FL, Ole Whatever and LSPoo.   Nac HC Bobby Reyes is a great guy and will not steer kids to a particular school.  Was my Jr. High coach in '75.

TX HOG

24/7 has jones 100% aTm. Hopefully we can change that...

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: TX HOG on September 02, 2014, 05:21:08 pm
24/7 has jones 100% aTm. Hopefully we can change that...
Gonna be tough to flip any kid in Texas away from aTm.  Their football center is AMAZING!
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

FaytownHog

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on September 02, 2014, 06:00:07 pm
Gonna be tough to flip any kid in Texas away from aTm.  Their football center is AMAZING!
And their ranking and winning in the SEC while still getting to play in Texas is amazing to Texas recruits. A&M coming to the SEC was terrible for the Hogs. Even the rose colored glasses wearers should know this by now.

ChicoHog

Quote from: FaytownHog on September 02, 2014, 07:51:57 pm
And their ranking and winning in the SEC while still getting to play in Texas is amazing to Texas recruits. A&M coming to the SEC was terrible for the Hogs. Even the rose colored glasses wearers should know this by now.
Absolutely.  I think that is the worst thing to happen to us since we hired Nutt.  If we can start beating them and finishing above them in the division it would help.  Or maybe Texas can get good again and kids might want to go there like they used to. 

forrest city joe

Quote from: FaytownHog on September 02, 2014, 07:51:57 pm
A&M coming to the Sec is not hurting Arkansas. we were not getting many of the top players in Texas even before A&M joined the sec. the team that A&M is hurting in Texas is OU. and it is going to start showing up soon. other than Tony Uhgo, Jason Peters and L. Richardson(who had bad grades and had to sit a year)who are all the 4 and 5 stars who were coming here the last decade?A&M did not offer Knile Davis. we were not doing that great in Texas before A&M come to the sec. look at this about the OU problem in Texas.    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1055318-texas-am-recruiting-aggies-move-to-the-sec-is-already-hurting-ou-and-osu    Arkansas is not being hurt by A&M. the big time players A&M is getting now were going to OU not Arkansas. we still can go to that state and get 5 or 6 good players a year. but for the mose part we have never got the players A&M and Texas wanted. OU has gotten those players in the past. but A&M is killing them now. so the idea that it's killing Arkansas recruiting in Texas is not true.

redeye

Quote from: forrest city joe on September 03, 2014, 11:08:45 pm
A&M coming to the Sec is not hurting Arkansas. we were not getting many of the top players in Texas even before A&M joined the sec. the team that A&M is hurting in Texas is OU. and it is going to start showing up soon. other than Tony Uhgo, Jason Peters and L. Richardson(who had bad grades and had to sit a year)who are all the 4 and 5 stars who were coming here the last decade?A&M did not offer Knile Davis. we were not doing that great in Texas before A&M come to the sec. look at this about the OU problem in Texas.    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1055318-texas-am-recruiting-aggies-move-to-the-sec-is-already-hurting-ou-and-osu    Arkansas is not being hurt by A&M. the big time players A&M is getting now were going to OU not Arkansas. we still can go to that state and get 5 or 6 good players a year. but for the mose part we have never got the players A&M and Texas wanted. OU has gotten those players in the past. but A&M is killing them now. so the idea that it's killing Arkansas recruiting in Texas is not true.

Exactly and this is likely why the Oklahoma schools seem to be recruiting the Southeast harder.  While Texas players always looked to Oklahoma second in the past, now they'll look more at A&M's SEC opponents.  As a fellow SEC-W member playing A&M every year, along with our proximity and tradition with the State of Texas, it will help Arkansas recruit that state.

I think the problem most people have who think differently is that they just don't like to see A&M succeed, but outside of A&M, it should help Arkansas more then any other SEC school, because it makes us a legitimate competitor in one of the nation's best recruiting territories (something we've lacked compared to other SEC schools.)  Big-12 schools have the most to lose and it's odd to me that Arkansas fans have a problem with that.

Knowing that schools can only sign 25 players per year, why would anyone want Bama, LSU, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, et al to have greater access to those players then Arkansas?  Now we have a hot SEC recruiting ground nearby and that minimizes the advantage other SEC schools have with proximity.

BigPapaHawg

Quote from: redeye on September 04, 2014, 01:11:56 am
Exactly and this is likely why the Oklahoma schools seem to be recruiting the Southeast harder.  While Texas players always looked to Oklahoma second in the past, now they'll look more at A&M's SEC opponents.  As a fellow SEC-W member playing A&M every year, along with our proximity and tradition with the State of Texas, it will help Arkansas recruit that state.

I think the problem most people have who think differently is that they just don't like to see A&M succeed, but outside of A&M, it should help Arkansas more then any other SEC school, because it makes us a legitimate competitor in one of the nation's best recruiting territories (something we've lacked compared to other SEC schools.)  Big-12 schools have the most to lose and it's odd to me that Arkansas fans have a problem with that.

Knowing that schools can only sign 25 players per year, why would anyone want Bama, LSU, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, et al to have greater access to those players then Arkansas?  Now we have a hot SEC recruiting ground nearby and that minimizes the advantage other SEC schools have with proximity.

Very good points! I totally agree!
WOO PIG