Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Proposed SEC Rules Change for Home Field Facilities

Started by ra2ford, September 01, 2014, 06:04:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ra2ford

For a team wishing to extend the game by snapping on las second of play clock, not having a functional play clock is a competitive disadvantage.

Visiting press box coaches unable to get to the locker room and talk with other coaches and players is a competitive disadvantage.

Remedy: if home clock fails, home team is penalized a time out each quarter the clock does not function properly.

Regarding coaches from press box, the second half should be suspended until all press box coaches can join their team and have the customary 30 minutes of instruction.

This is the area where I would like to see our high profile AD step up and push this agenda.  BB should not have taken his team on the field for second half until his team was afforded the same coaching and adjustment changes as their competition.

ra2ford

For a team wishing to extend the game by snapping on last second of play clock, not having a functional play clock is a competitive disadvantage.

Visiting press box coaches unable to get to the locker room and talk with other coaches and players is a competitive disadvantage.

Remedy: if home clock fails, home team is penalized a time out each quarter the clock does not function properly.

Regarding coaches from press box, the second half should be suspended until all press box coaches can join their team and have the customary 30 minutes of instruction.

This is the area where I would like to see our high profile AD step up and push this agenda.  BB should not have taken his team on the field for second half until his team was afforded the same coaching and adjustment changes as their competition.

bennyl08

Technically the coaches were still in communication, just couldn't do it in person. That said, I agree with the halftime rules.

As for the clock, that seems a bit harsh, especially considering every stadium in the country has some sort of clock issues several times a season. It can be just as disadvantageous to the home team as the visitor, though is probably going to effect the visitor a bit more.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

BorderPatrol

Quote from: bennyl08 on September 01, 2014, 06:27:29 pm
Technically the coaches were still in communication, just couldn't do it in person. That said, I agree with the halftime rules.

As for the clock, that seems a bit harsh, especially considering every stadium in the country has some sort of clock issues several times a season. It can be just as disadvantageous to the home team as the visitor, though is probably going to effect the visitor a bit more.

I bet those schools would get their clocks fixed pretty damn fast under this rule.

bp

redeye

If the play clock fails, teams should never be penalized for taking too much time, unless they ignore the official warnings. 

Hog Pie

I guess I need to note that the Hogs were strong when the clock was out in the first half. It's when the clocked worked that we got rolled on.

AubFaninArk

arcowboy

Better hope that doesn't happen. The clock never works at WM

grayhawg

Auburn cannot afford to fix clocks and elevators, their player payroll is too high to allow for proper maintenance of facilities.

Hoggish1

Quote from: grayhawg on September 01, 2014, 08:29:33 pm
Auburn cannot afford to fix clocks and elevators, their player payroll is too high to allow for proper maintenance of facilities.

Thanks, I figured that was what was going on there...

RazorRooter

Next year our HVAC system will malfunction and the heat will not be able to be shut off in their locker room and the temperature will be topping 90 degrees. All the ice in their coolers will have melted and none will be available for them anywhere in the stadium.

Another thing that got me..... On a 4th down when Auburn lined up for the attempt, and was called for movement. I can't help but believe that they were coached to move slightly in an attempt to draw a defender offsides and gain the 1st down. I sure do dislike sneakiness.
It is ALWAYS Hog Tyme!

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: RazorRooter on September 01, 2014, 09:51:53 pm
Next year our HVAC system will malfunction and the heat will not be able to be shut off in their locker room and the temperature will be topping 90 degrees. All the ice in their coolers will have melted and none will be available for them anywhere in the stadium.

Another thing that got me..... On a 4th down when Auburn lined up for the attempt, and was called for movement. I can't help but believe that they were coached to move slightly in an attempt to draw a defender offsides and gain the 1st down. I sure do dislike sneakiness.

LOL my friends were saying the same thing. Maybe having an unfortunate case of interference in their headset system where they pick up local Mexican Mariachi music.

ss65chvlle

Quote from: grayhawg on September 01, 2014, 08:29:33 pm
+1 funny but prob wouldnt be if the truth was known...