Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

signature win

Started by cobbs34, September 01, 2014, 05:13:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cobbs34

This team still lacks confidence. As long as things are going good they are fine but as soon as a big momentum play happens they seem to quit.  They need that signature win to get them over the hump.  I think from players to coaches they are pressing for that win. I believe that's why we see easy plays not executed ex.dropped passes because they are trying to hard to get that win.  As players they want that monkey off their back plus they know how important it is to the fan base. So hopefully it's sooner than later that we get that win

HogGoneWild

Quote from: cobbs34 on September 01, 2014, 05:13:24 pm
This team still lacks confidence. As long as things are going good they are fine but as soon as a big momentum play happens they seem to quit.  They need that signature win to get them over the hump.  I think from players to coaches they are pressing for that win. I believe that's why we see easy plays not executed ex.dropped passes because they are trying to hard to get that win.  As players they want that monkey off their back plus they know how important it is to the fan base. So hopefully it's sooner than later that we get that win
Butch Jones beat an 11 win South Carolina in year 1

lefty08

Quote from: cobbs34 on September 01, 2014, 05:13:24 pm

I saw zero quit saturday, its hard to face, but sometimes you just arent good enough. But those boys didnt quit
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

bphi11ips

Quote from: lefty08 on September 01, 2014, 05:50:25 pm
I saw zero quit saturday, its hard to face, but sometimes you just arent good enough. But those boys didnt quit

Quit isn't the right word, but the effort wasn't there in the second half, especially after long break.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

cobbs34

I don't mean quit physically. I mean they stop believing in their minds they can win an so they stop playing with confidence. Bad choice of words I used

reddogjcss

Our guys didn't quit! We got beat by a very good team with lots of future NFL players very well coached!
We will go bowling this year because they didn't quit!