Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

May 07, 2024, 05:52:27 pm

Paul Finebaum...

Started by FreshHog, September 01, 2014, 03:22:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: FreshHog on September 01, 2014, 06:28:00 pm
AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

I dont know whether to laugh or to cry. You're the damn stereotype of a hillbilly raised in Arkansas. God I love this state.... So many nice people but GOD DAMN are some of you stupid.

While you laugh at my backwards ways there are some who may soon chuckle at you in the not too distant future.  Pride goth before the fall. 

I would consider you a whopper.  A once in a generation whopper. 

I don't NO whether to laugh or cry.

M L (bassplayer)

Quote from: budcampbellfan on September 01, 2014, 03:47:16 pm
I don't see any improvement from last year.  Opponents could put all 11 on the line to stop the run and our receivers would drop the ball all by themselves.  It ain't Allen's fault but we cannot complete a pass down field, PERIOD.  (Where were the COACHES' reactions on this as the receivers snapped their fingers "aw shucks!" trotted off the field?)

That's just on offense.  Defense?  45 pts says it all in every way.  What happen's to this team at half-time for the 3rd year running?  Any coaches asking this question? 

I see no improvement.  I hope they do improve but I don't see it at all yet.  Heck, I don't even see any team improvement from JL Smith.  The coach is a little more dignified in losing but still losing.

I haven't checked in until now and this is why. This was the first game in a hostile environment against one of the two teams from the nat. cham. game. You are already writing off the season.
We hung in for the first half and we came out flat and things went south. The season is not quite over yet, so if you have tickets, which I wonder, please sell them all to someone else and hopefully it will be someone who is in it for the long haul. We are short a few pieces of the puzzle and we are asking some talented young guys to sign on. K.J. Hill has said he wants to help build it. I'm in.

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

BallHog1

Quote from: Fort Dweller on September 01, 2014, 06:38:44 pm
Hey Harry Rex...fish on!
I had no idea they were biting this well, usually slows down this time of the year...

Fort Dweller

Quote from: BallHog1 on September 01, 2014, 06:41:57 pm
I had no idea they were biting this well, usually slows down this time of the year...

Think there's a front moving in
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

Overtheroadtruckdriver

[q uote author=FreshHog l link=topic=573437.msg9160694#msg9160694 date=1409614472]
You are literally [CENSORED] retarded.
[/quote]

I never was diagnosed as full blowed retarded but they stuck me in ever extra class the| could to try to help me.  Nothing ever worked so I dropped out during the 9Th grade. Still smart as a ox and showing up egghead like you is always a pleasure!

FATHAWG08

Quote from: FreshHog on September 01, 2014, 06:34:32 pm
Do you feel better now A Hole?  No need for this kind of response.
I love off season Football!!

BPsTheMan

Quote from: OTR on September 01, 2014, 06:59:17 pm
[q uote author=FreshHog l link=topic=573437.msg9160694#msg9160694 date=1409614472]

I never was diagnosed as full blowed retarded but they stuck me in ever extra class the| could to try to help me.  Nothing ever worked so I dropped out during the 9Th grade. Still smart as a ox and showing up egghead like you is always a pleasure!

Look, I'm sick and tired you of you running down the Red Wolves. We had an EXCELLENT win the other night over Montantta Tech, and we've got the Miami Hurricanes coming to OUR PLACE in a few yeas.

I hope this Fresh Prince guy whipes the floor up with you on this tread.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: FATHAWG08 on September 01, 2014, 07:02:22 pm
Do you feel better now A Hole?  No need for this kind of response.

Ol' OTR been called worst many a time.  I can handle a old boy like him.

Right now he's done swallered the hook, line, and sinker and he's going straight to the bottom like a big old flathead.  I'm a fightin' him like the devil hisself but this one is bound and determined to put up a fight like I ain't had in a while.  He's got wound around a sunken cedar tree and he's about to pull me in the lake.  This one's a keeper, boys, and the fact that he is so dadgummed cantankerous and hard headed makes me want to take him to the taxidermist that much more.  He's gonna have a heart attack when he sees what I brung him, old FreshHog strung up at the docks...people gonna come from miles around to see this one, takin' pictures and I'll be standing by getting my picture took, and people will be asking me about how I caught him and I'll just tell them that I tried to make a point and this old boy just jumped all over me and started insulting me and I had KNOW choice but to set the hook and bring him aboard.

I don't like making a example out of nobody but somebody gotta teach fresh a lesson before he comes in here like a hog with a corncob stirring up stuff and calling names. 

BPsTheMan

and I'd like to also add that The Football Coaches at UCA mean business this year. They took it to Texas Tech Saturday, and Steve Campbell' era for the Bears is Off And Running. Don't be surprised if Clemson Defensive Coordinator Brent Venables lands a Head Coaching Job this year and takes Steve Campbell with him to join His Football Staff.

Fresh Prince probably is aware of this too, and has quite a few Red Wolf and Bear talking points to burn you with OTR.

You need to either Back Off or Get With The Program.

fakebobholt

Quote from: Danny J on September 01, 2014, 04:19:39 pm
Agreed and I believe it would also tie the longest consecutive losing streak(SEC games) in the modern era.

the seat would be so warm that if we didn't win 8 or more the following year he might not see year 4 or 5 which I believe he will. 2 years of 0 confrence wins would have so many people absent from games long would have to think about things

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Getting back to the original point:

Ten years ago it would have been inconceivable for any media member to predict that we have a chance to win a single conference game.  Five years ago it would have been even more inconceivable.  We would have been ranting and raving and discussing how idiotic that media member was for only predicting one conference victory.  Yet now, after two years of being no factor in the conference, Paul Finebaum says he thinks that we may win a conference game and the original poster sees this as ironic since a good portion of our fan base thinks that we won't win any conference games and because he is a Bama homer then it is MMQB worthy because it shows somehow that we have improved enough in the eyes of one guy who knows a little about football that he thinks we might win a game.

I think I'm right on target with this assessment of this thread and how asinine it is that this is even a topic in this forum and is Exhibit A on how far the program has fallen for it to be a point of discussion.

TNRazorbacker

Quote from: Oklahawg on September 01, 2014, 03:53:59 pm
Finebaum is the best connected media celebrity covering SEC football. He doesn't have to be a genius, he just has to pay attention.

Finebaum had no reason to compliment Arkansas.

Week one of the league changes a few assessments: Arkansas is better than the zero-win fatalists on this board. Auburn is better than #6 in the country. A&M will need to outscore teams, but looks like they'll outscore a lot. LSU looked ordinary for most of their game. OM and MS State did not meet my expectations. Bama was ordinary against a very suspect WVa squad. Based just on week one I could see Auburn winning the West by 2 games, maybe even 3, with the pack beating each other up into a collection of 3- and 4-loss teams within the conference.

Sucks for Arkansas to get Mizzou and UGA from the East. Fine year to lose USC-E from the permanent rotation. Never seem to get Vandy or TN when they are down.

I'd rather be playing the tougher schedule now while we are down. Even at our strongest getting through this schedule without 2 or 3 SEC losses would be a challenge. Drawing an easier schedule when we are up will give us a better chance to actually accomplish something worthwhile.

BPsTheMan

Quote from: FreshHog on September 01, 2014, 06:16:41 pm
Literally zero people here have said that winning one game is some ray or hope for this year... you are still completely missing the point, and your illiterate self ( you admitted this yourself remember ), still cant seem to grasp the concept.

No ones "het up" ( WTH does that even mean.. het isnt a word ) about what paul finebaum said. I just thought it was hilarious that even non-fans have more belief and faith in the hogs than their own so-called "fans". Now Idk why im re-iterating this point AGAIN for you to simply not comprehend the message I'm making here, so this will be my last post in response to you unless you can muster up enough brain power to make a legitimate point.

edit: Also under your avatar... the word you're looking for is "know" not "no".

Dude I agree, he's missing the point

+one

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: TNRazorbacker on September 01, 2014, 07:39:46 pm
I'd rather be playing the tougher schedule now while we are down. Even at our strongest getting through this schedule without 2 or 3 SEC losses would be a challenge. Drawing an easier schedule when we are up will give us a better chance to actually accomplish something worthwhile.

When do you see this easier schedule occuring?

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: OTR on September 01, 2014, 07:46:41 pm

Maybe he is thinking of a couple of coaches retiring from the west division. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

vol_in_ar

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on September 01, 2014, 07:49:54 pm

hopefully Saban first

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on September 01, 2014, 07:49:54 pm

Let's miles could be on a plane that crashed in the middle of the ocean and he'd get swallered by a whale and spit up on a beach and be the only survivor, so he is indestructible and ain't going nowhere.  Satan will get courted by someone again and Bama will give him another twenty million to stay. 

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: FreshHog on September 01, 2014, 03:22:04 pm
Just stated on his show " Arkansas officials said we'd see an improved product... and we did. I was impressed. The question is, will they find that elusive SEC win this season.. I think they will. "

Moral of the story:

Even Paul Finebaum ( who hates arkansas as we all know ), is more optimistic than a LOT of you on these boards... Relax and enjoy the season, its a game, and we are improved.

Actually.....Paul Finebaum grew up in Memphis and grew up cheering for Arkansas...from his own mouth. But don't let the facts get in the way...

PRJ

Oklahawg

Quote from: TNRazorbacker on September 01, 2014, 07:39:46 pm

Can't argue with that. Everytime UA has surged in the conference we have had a scheduling bonus along the way. Or, someone on the schedule supposedly going to own the league fails to show up.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: FreshHog on September 01, 2014, 07:54:07 pm
I've explained it to him 3 times, but apparently he still thinks my point is about the teams win/loss record, when in fact its all about the fact that fans ( like himself ) are a bunch of dick weeds with no understanding of football ( or the english language apparently ), feel the need to bash our program at every opportunity.

You are a live one...that much I'll give you.  About the time I think I got you in the boat you take more line and head out to deep water.  Can't get you in the boat to save my life.

BPsTheMan

I've explained it to him 3 times, but apparently he still thinks my point is about the teams win/loss record, when in fact its all about the fact that fans ( like himself ) are a bunch of dick weeds with no understanding of football ( or the english language apparently ), feel the need to bash our program at every opportunity.

I hear ya man.

I would say just let it go, but I've seen his game before. He'll wait until you're logged off and then start twisting things you've said. Probably good to keep stating your case and DONT GIVE HIM ANYTHING TO TWIST.

BallHog1

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on September 01, 2014, 08:02:58 pm
I hear ya man.

I would say just let it go, but I've seen his game before. He'll wait until you're logged off and then start twisting things you've said. Probably good to keep stating your case and DONT GIVE HIM ANYTHING TO TWIST.
Well I'll be ......., brilliant.....+1

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on September 01, 2014, 08:02:58 pm
I hear ya man.

Fresh can't admit he's wrong and I'm right.  Other than that we're getting along fine.

This is all about one win being a big deal.  The real irony is that anyone thinks that is news.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

And he's getting a little out of line insulting my intelligence and education and grammar.  Just because I am a truck driver don't mean I ain't just as logical as the over educated eggheads in here.

BPsTheMan

and again seriously, I don't think he really drives a truck. I think he runs a truck stop, and will probably be up all night at work twisting things you've said.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on September 01, 2014, 08:10:24 pm
and again seriously, I don't think he really drives a truck. I think he runs a truck stop, and will probably be up all night at work twisting things you've said.

Don't gotta twist no words.  He just don't get it...sadly I don't think he ever will.  I know what he said and I'm smart enough to know what he meant.

I stand by my assessment.

texas tush hog

Overtheroadtruckdriver

It appears that fresh is finally ready to admit he's wrong and I'm right.

Sometimes country logic is better than city logic.  Most of the time it is I guess.

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: SemperFi on September 01, 2014, 04:09:19 pm
The only thing Finebaum is aware of are the final scores. Still, it must have killed that Alabama Homer to say anything positive about the Razorbacks. I don't need an endorsement from Finebaum to recognize that this is a much improved Razorback team and will beat some teams in the SEC this year. It's a shame that not all Hog fans are willing to believe what most of us are seeing, but it's early and they'll come around. WPS!

For what its worth, Finebaum is actually from Memphis.  I think he went to White Station High School here.  Because he grew up here, he knows plenty of Arkansas fans.   I was under the impression that he was not a proponent of the Hogs before I started listening to his show. 

One day after his interview with Coach BB at SEC Media Days, I heard Finebaum make positive comments about the Arkansas program.  He called a spade a spade as he said the JLS era was a horrible thing and had cost Arkansas dearly, but he said he liked BB and thought that BB was just the man who could turn things around and he looked for positive things from Arkansas this year and beyond.

Finebaum is like any other radio show host. He needs ratings to be relevant.  His show has been originating from Alabama for a while now and lets face it, Alabama and Auburn are both much more relevant than Arkansas, so Paul will discuss them more.  What Hog fans have to understand is that IF the Hogs want to be talked about on radio shows and given love and respect by pundits like Finebaum, they HAVE TO WIN.  Just win some games.  Win some BIG games and even more respect will come. Finebaum doesn't hate Arkansas, but except for Petrino-gate and the JLS fiasco, there has really been no reason to even discuss the Hogs lately, but that may be changing and Paul sees that.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on September 01, 2014, 08:51:53 pm

For what its worth, Finebaum is actually from Memphis.  I think he went to White Station High School here.  Because he grew up here, he knows plenty of Arkansas fans.   I was under the impression that he was not a proponent of the Hogs before I started listening to his show. 

One day after his interview with Coach BB at SEC Media Days, I heard Finebaum make positive comments about the Arkansas program.  He called a spade a spade as he said the JLS era was a horrible thing and had cost Arkansas dearly, but he said he liked BB and thought that BB was just the man who could turn things around and he looked for positive things from Arkansas this year and beyond.

Finebaum is like any other radio show host. He needs ratings to be relevant.  His show has been originating from Alabama for a while now and lets face it, Alabama and Auburn are both much more relevant than Arkansas, so Paul will discuss them more.  What Hog fans have to understand is that IF the Hogs want to be talked about on radio shows and given love and respect by pundits like Finebaum, they HAVE TO WIN.  Just win some games.  Win some BIG games and even more respect will come. Finebaum doesn't hate Arkansas, but except for Petrino-gate and the JLS fiasco, there has really been no reason to even discuss the Hogs lately, but that may be changing and Paul sees that.

I hope we can lose more games but look good doing so and maybe we can show up on his radar and he can say we might win a Conference game again sometime again this season.  Then we'll post about it here and make a big deal about it and feel better about ourselves. 

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: OTR on September 01, 2014, 08:56:00 pm
I hope we can lose more games but look good doing so and maybe we can show up on his radar and he can say we might win a Conference game again sometime again this season.  Then we'll post about it here and make a big deal about it and feel better about ourselves.
there you go. Now that's the right attitude. WPS!!

BallHog1

Why are you so bitter?

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: BallHog1 on September 01, 2014, 08:58:02 pm
Why are you so bitter?

Knowing you would make anyone bitter and tired and negative and tired.

MemphisBossHog

Good Lord, the man didn't say Ark would win only ONE game.  He simply said Ark would get the elusive first SEC win under BB.  Its ridiculous to think that from what he said that he was somehow belittling Arkansas and saying they will win 1 but ONLY 1.

He is a talk show host that covers the SEC.  He talks about Bama and Auburn a lot because his show has been in freaking Birmingham, AL for years.  Its not personal against Arkansas.  He has a caller driven show. He talks about what the callers call in about. Its not a difficult concept to understand.

I don't think Finebaum knows how many conference games Arkansas will win nor does he care.  But he recognizes that the team has made improvements and contrary to what some people say, he thinks the Hogs will break through, and after going 0-8 last year, start winning conference games--1,2,3, who knows how many. The man is not anti Arkansas. 

TNRazorbacker

Quote from: OTR on September 01, 2014, 07:46:41 pm

Vandy or KY in place of Georgia would be nice.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Finebaum schminebaum.   

Even if he had said something like he believes we have a chance to upset a few teams this year...then maybe I can see that statement being relevant...might win that first elusive conf. Game this year....In year two we MIGHT win a conference game.   I hope we prove the man and fresh wrong.  I hope we go on such a winning streak that wal mart and Tysons join forces to throw the team a party toward the end of the season.

BPsTheMan

I knew you'd wait till fresh logged off and then start butchering what he'd said

Arkfan

Quote from: FreshHog on September 01, 2014, 03:30:55 pm
Its better than openly bashing this team and its staff like many of the so called "fans" on this board are doing.

If thats all this boards going to be filled with on game day ( the complaints thread being 3-4 times as long as the compliments thread when we're tied 21-21 at half time.... ) I'll probably just stop coming to the forums, theres other forums where people have constructive posts and discussions regarding the razorbacks without bashing the program at every opportunity.

So its ok to praise them on a message board but you cant "bash" them?

And if you do you are a so called fan but not a real one ::)?

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on September 01, 2014, 09:07:02 pm
Good Lord, the man didn't say Ark would win only ONE game.  He simply said Ark would get the elusive first SEC win under BB.  Its ridiculous to think that from what he said that he was somehow belittling Arkansas and saying they will win 1 but ONLY 1.

He is a talk show host that covers the SEC.  He talks about Bama and Auburn a lot because his show has been in freaking Birmingham, AL for years.  Its not personal against Arkansas.  He has a caller driven show. He talks about what the callers call in about. Its not a difficult concept to understand.

I don't think Finebaum knows how many conference games Arkansas will win nor does he care.  But he recognizes that the team has made improvements and contrary to what some people say, he thinks the Hogs will break through, and after going 0-8 last year, start winning conference games--1,2,3, who knows how many. The man is not anti Arkansas.

If he's pro Bama and Auburn then he's anti arkansas.  That much is clear as a bell based on what he said which was a insult and out of line and fresh himself said it was big news in so many words. 

Ever body ought to be mad about this.  Our expectations are too low if we're not insulted.  Last time I seen such a left handed insult was Billy Batts insulting Tommy about his shine box.  Paul shinebaum.   That's what he ought to be called. 

Pig In The City

Quote from: popcornhog on September 01, 2014, 03:54:37 pm
I would venture to say that a third or more if our fan base doesn't expect an SEC win this year.
We are listed número uno in strength of schedule. That is a cold hard fact along with a hefty supply of frosh and sophs. If we were all rational, we would be only hoping for improvement each week and that we play conference games close. Folks need to keep their wheels on. It is too early to come unglued.

BallHog1

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on September 01, 2014, 09:10:27 pm
I knew you'd wait till fresh logged off and then start butchering what he'd said
Yep, like clockwork. Let the twisting begin.

FreshHog

Quote from: Arkfan on September 01, 2014, 09:15:50 pm
So its ok to praise them on a message board but you cant "bash" them?

And if you do you are a so called fan but not a real one ::)?

You can praise them, you can CRITIQUE them, but no... on a FAN MESSAGE BOARD I dont think ANYONE should bash them. Theres a difference between critique and bashing, and many around here dont know the difference.

Granted I guess I should understand that after witnessing the joke of a thought process displayed by OTR. When I read what he says I cant help but do it in Walt Jr's voice.

redeye

The only problem with this logic is that no one cares what Finebaum thinks.

Pork Twain

Quote from: FreshHog on September 01, 2014, 03:22:04 pm
Just stated on his show " Arkansas officials said we'd see an improved product... and we did. I was impressed. The question is, will they find that elusive SEC win this season.. I think they will. "

Moral of the story:

Even Paul Finebaum ( who hates arkansas as we all know ), is more optimistic than a LOT of you on these boards... Relax and enjoy the season, its a game, and we are improved.
Man that is sad
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Wonder what Finebaum is gonna say today. I hope he says he thinks we have a chance to go .500 in conference before 2020. 

Fresh will be in here all het up again if he does.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Looks like FreshHog finally shut up and sees that he was wrong.