Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

May 10, 2024, 05:20:59 pm

Paul Finebaum...

Started by FreshHog, September 01, 2014, 03:22:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FreshHog

Just stated on his show " Arkansas officials said we'd see an improved product... and we did. I was impressed. The question is, will they find that elusive SEC win this season.. I think they will. "

Moral of the story:

Even Paul Finebaum ( who hates arkansas as we all know ), is more optimistic than a LOT of you on these boards... Relax and enjoy the season, its a game, and we are improved.

Poker_hog

Saying we will win one sec game isn't a great endorsement.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Poker_hog on September 01, 2014, 03:27:23 pm

It's a better endorsement than many of our fans are giving this team.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

arkfan81

It amazes me how people hang on his word.
Have faith...

FreshHog

Quote from: arkfan81 on September 01, 2014, 03:29:45 pm
Have you ever heard the quote" bless your heart"

Its a back-headed compliment.

Its better than openly bashing this team and its staff like many of the so called "fans" on this board are doing.

If thats all this boards going to be filled with on game day ( the complaints thread being 3-4 times as long as the compliments thread when we're tied 21-21 at half time.... ) I'll probably just stop coming to the forums, theres other forums where people have constructive posts and discussions regarding the razorbacks without bashing the program at every opportunity.

FreshHog

Quote from: arkfan81 on September 01, 2014, 03:29:45 pm
It amazes me how people hang on his word.

No one hanging on this word here.... Im just saying its funny how a guy who most of us would say pretty openly dislikes the razorbacks, has more optimism for their performance this season than many of the "fans" on these boards.

arkfan81

Quote from: FreshHog on September 01, 2014, 03:30:55 pm
Its better than openly bashing this team and its staff like many of the so called "fans" on this board are doing.

If thats all this boards going to be filled with on game day ( the complaints thread being 3-4 times as long as the compliments thread when we're tied 21-21 at half time.... ) I'll probably just stop coming to the forums, theres other forums where people have constructive posts and discussions regarding the razorbacks without bashing the program at every opportunity.

Character is shown thru the tough times. Being a fan is easy when your winning.
Have faith...

arkfan81

Quote from: FreshHog on September 01, 2014, 03:33:22 pm
No one hanging on this word here.... Im just saying its funny how a guy who most of us would say pretty openly dislikes the razorbacks, has more optimism for their performance this season than many of the "fans" on these boards.

I wasn't trying to imply you directly. I should have worded it better. I cant stand him personally. He is just another talking drone
Have faith...

Torqued pork

Let's shock the world and win two. :razorback:

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: Al Boarland on September 01, 2014, 03:37:23 pm
You realize the guy knows absolutely nothing about what happens in between the sidelines, right?  You know, the actual football stuff.

And you do?

4me2know

Quote from: arkfan81 on September 01, 2014, 03:35:28 pm
100%

budcampbellfan

I don't see any improvement from last year.  Opponents could put all 11 on the line to stop the run and our receivers would drop the ball all by themselves.  It ain't Allen's fault but we cannot complete a pass down field, PERIOD.  (Where were the COACHES' reactions on this as the receivers snapped their fingers "aw shucks!" trotted off the field?)

That's just on offense.  Defense?  45 pts says it all in every way.  What happen's to this team at half-time for the 3rd year running?  Any coaches asking this question? 

I see no improvement.  I hope they do improve but I don't see it at all yet.  Heck, I don't even see any team improvement from JL Smith.  The coach is a little more dignified in losing but still losing.
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: FreshHog on September 01, 2014, 03:22:04 pm
Just stated on his show " Arkansas officials said we'd see an improved product... and we did. I was impressed. The question is, will they find that elusive SEC win this season.. I think they will. "

Moral of the story:

Even Paul Finebaum ( who hates arkansas as we all know ), is more optimistic than a LOT of you on these boards... Relax and enjoy the season, its a game, and we are improved.

Very few on here are predicting we go winless in the SEC again...

Muskliketusk

He's a know nothing gump and he is selling our boys short. Gonna shock em all when we win 8 games. I've called in to his show a few times and he's about as rude as it gets. Talking down like he knows something an he don't. That guy ain't never played a down in his life.
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.

hoggusamoungus

Oklahawg

Finebaum is the best connected media celebrity covering SEC football. He doesn't have to be a genius, he just has to pay attention.

Finebaum had no reason to compliment Arkansas.

Week one of the league changes a few assessments: Arkansas is better than the zero-win fatalists on this board. Auburn is better than #6 in the country. A&M will need to outscore teams, but looks like they'll outscore a lot. LSU looked ordinary for most of their game. OM and MS State did not meet my expectations. Bama was ordinary against a very suspect WVa squad. Based just on week one I could see Auburn winning the West by 2 games, maybe even 3, with the pack beating each other up into a collection of 3- and 4-loss teams within the conference.

Sucks for Arkansas to get Mizzou and UGA from the East. Fine year to lose USC-E from the permanent rotation. Never seem to get Vandy or TN when they are down.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

popcornhog

Quote from: Poker_hog on September 01, 2014, 03:27:23 pm

I would venture to say that a third or more if our fan base doesn't expect an SEC win this year.
WPS

Pig Worshipper

Quote from: popcornhog on September 01, 2014, 03:54:37 pm
I would venture to say that a third or more if our fan base doesn't expect an SEC win this year.

If it IS that high, they're wrong because we'll win some conference games this year.

Oklahawg

Quote from: Al Boarland on September 01, 2014, 03:57:19 pm
I agree he is well connected.  He knows a lot about what's going on with SEC programs (especially bama where his man-crush resides), but when it comes to X's and O's he has to whip out his phone and ask somebody.

Agreed.

He doesn't need to be an X's n O's genius to be able to listen to those who are.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

The Boar War

Quote from: arkfan81 on September 01, 2014, 03:35:28 pm

So bitching and moaning during a losing streak now passes as character?

Most of these extremely negative posters don't have character, they are characters.

SemperFi

The only thing Finebaum is aware of are the final scores. Still, it must have killed that Alabama Homer to say anything positive about the Razorbacks. I don't need an endorsement from Finebaum to recognize that this is a much improved Razorback team and will beat some teams in the SEC this year. It's a shame that not all Hog fans are willing to believe what most of us are seeing, but it's early and they'll come around. WPS!
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Poker_hog

Quote from: popcornhog on September 01, 2014, 03:54:37 pm

That would mean a 20 game sec losing streak.  Unfathomable.

Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

Danny J

Quote from: Poker_hog on September 01, 2014, 04:15:21 pm
Agreed and I believe it would also tie the longest consecutive losing streak(SEC games) in the modern era.

HiggiePiggy

No one thought we would ever go winless in the SEC last year.  As we see that changed.  Never before had we gone a season with a winless conference.  Texas Tech will tell me if we win an sec game or not. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

FreshHog

You realize the guy knows absolutely nothing about what happens in between the sidelines, right?  You know, the actual football stuff.

Oh I'm sorry Mr.Lombardi, I forgot you were an expert on everything football, please let me bow down and kiss your feet.  :puke:

As the poster above said, hes well connected and doesnt need to understand the X's and O's to analyze the basic points of a teams progress and whether or not they're a better team than another.

Do I personally like him... not at all, but I have the SEC Network on behind me while I do school work or actual work, and overheard what he had to say about the hogs. I simply thought it was HILARIOUS that Paul freaking Finebaum had more good to say about our team than what appears to be half of the people on these forums.

FATHAWG08

Quote from: FreshHog on September 01, 2014, 03:22:04 pm

Moral of the story:

Paul Finebaum also stated that A&M & their new QB would have would have major problems with Carolina defense. He predicted Carolina would dominate A&M. Finebaum doesn't know crap about football. He is an Alabama & Auburn homer. If it was up to him they would change the network to  Alabama Football
I love off season Football!!

FreshHog

Quote from: FATHAWG08 on September 01, 2014, 04:35:18 pm
Paul Finebaum also stated that A&M & their new QB would have would have major problems with Carolina defense. He predicted Carolina would dominate A&M. Finebaum doesn't know crap about football. He is an Alabama & Auburn homer. If it was up to him they would change the network to  Alabama Football

That was also before any games THIS SEASON had been played. I dont think anyone thought a freshman QB would go into a aTm offense without a mike evans, and throw for 500 yards on south carolina ( Literally not a single person in their right mind would of believed that ).

You CAN however make reasonable observations after the first games have been played, at least they're going to give you a MUCH better idea of what these teams look like THIS YEAR. Obviously teams will change and grow as the season progresses, but its a completely different thing than trying to make predictions before a SINGLE down has been played.

FATHAWG08

We will surprise & make believers before this season is over. We competed hard for the the 1st half. There was no quit in this team. The offense Auburn came out running in the 2nd half with their starting QB was in mid season form. I saw a much improved Arkansas team. They just happen to open against one of the top 3 teams in the country. There is not a defense in the country that will not have problems with Auburn Offense. Our receivers will make those catches in the future, if not we will find someone who will. Our offense will give teams problems& our defense will get better. I have faith.

popcornhog

Are we at 13 now?!

Wow.

I agree -- we'll win at least one this year. I feel confident if that.

Many of our fans disagree though.
WPS

Well, so what do ya'll think, is this the year Anderson puts it together and we go to the big dance?

Overtheroadtruckdriver

The fact that we should be excited that a media member thinks we might win a conference game shows how far we've fallen.  Oh well.  There's always next year. 

FATHAWG08

Quote from: FreshHog on September 01, 2014, 04:40:31 pm
That was also before any games THIS SEASON had been played. I dont think anyone thought a freshman QB would go into a aTm offense without a mike evans, and throw for 500 yards on south carolina ( Literally not a single person in their right mind would of believed that ).

You CAN however make reasonable observations after the first games have been played, at least they're going to give you a MUCH better idea of what these teams look like THIS YEAR. Obviously teams will change and grow as the season progresses, but its a completely different thing than trying to make predictions before a SINGLE down has been played.
A&M runs a system offenses. They are going to put points on the board. They recruit QB's that are capable of running the offense to perfection after a year in the system. He beat out the #1 recruited QB in the country. Hill played in the same offense in High School for one of best offenses in the state of Texas. Yes I expected that A&M to be a lot better than what the media believe, but I watch football. I will not let Paul Finebaum influence me whatsoever. He knows nothing.

poloprince

$PoLoPrInCe$

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: 12247 on September 01, 2014, 05:00:15 pm
Well, so what do ya'll think, is this the year Anderson puts it together and we go to the big dance?

Better be.  The sec in basketball is a crap conference.

FreshHog

Quote from: OTR on September 01, 2014, 05:00:46 pm
The fact that we should be excited that a media member thinks we might win a conference game shows how far we've fallen.  Oh well.  There's always next year.

Again thats not the point being made...

Idk how illiterate some of you are, but AGAIN the point is that

paul finebaum A NON-SUPPORTER, A NON-FAN, A "HATER", has more confidence in this team than our so called "Fans". Its pretty [expletive] sad.

People around here make these boards almost unbearable to read. People need to get behind this team and support them, not bash them every chance they get.

FreshHog

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on September 01, 2014, 05:41:22 pm

Also wrong.

Danny J

Quote from: 12247 on September 01, 2014, 05:00:15 pm
Yes....I think we finish no worse than 3rd in the SEC and quite possibly 1st.

Pigsear

You could probably say the same thing about 90% of the people on this board.

HiggiePiggy

FATHAWG08

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on September 01, 2014, 05:41:22 pm
Do you know what the SEC Conference record was in the NCAA tournament last year? Do not let the national media influence you. FYI it was the best!

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: FATHAWG08 on September 01, 2014, 06:06:37 pm
Do you know what the SEC Conference record was in the NCAA tournament last year? Do not let the national media influence you. FYI it was the best!

Do you know how many teams have made the NCAA tournament last year. Do you know when the last time we had 5 teams in the NCAA tournament?   Sec basketball is probably the 5th best conference and that is being nice.   Overall the sec in basketball has sucked for awhile now. 

FreshHog

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on September 01, 2014, 06:01:25 pm
You saying that the sec in basketball is not bad?

No, the SEC is NOT bad, at least not as bad as many tend to treat it.

2 of the final 4 teams were SEC teams ( 1 of which arkansas beat twice... ), all 3 teams from the SEC in the big dance made it to the sweet 16.

Not to mention, the SEC was ranked 8th as far as # bids to the tournament, yet they had the best record ( 12-3 ) combined of ANY conference.

So 3 teams of the SEC, won 6 more games combined, than the big12 who had 7 teams in the tournament ( their combined win/loss was 6-7 ).

Moral of the story: The SEC gets a bad wrap in basketball for no reason, they beat up on each other through out their conference games, and it makes them look bad with records with 20-23 wins.

Meanwhile in other conferences that "shows the depth" of the conference.

bphi11ips

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on September 01, 2014, 06:01:25 pm
You saying that the sec in basketball is not bad? 

Jeez.  Do some research on the source of NBA players and teams in the Final Four in the last 20 years. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: FreshHog on September 01, 2014, 05:45:28 pm
Again thats not the point being made...

Idk how illiterate some of you are, but AGAIN the point is that

paul finebaum A NON-SUPPORTER, A NON-FAN, A "HATER", has more confidence in this team than our so called "Fans". Its pretty [expletive] sad.

People around here make these boards almost unbearable to read. People need to get behind this team and support them, not bash them every chance they get.

That is exactly the point.  You are all het up because someone thinks we might win an sec game and because he's not a fan of the hogs it proves some point about how negative our fans are.

My point is, illiterate as I am, that the fact that winning one game is some ray or hope for this year is pretty pathetic.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: bphi11ips on September 01, 2014, 06:10:48 pm
Jeez.  Do some research on the source of NBA players and teams in the Final Four in the last 20 years. 

I'm not saying we don't have 1 or 2 good teams.  OVERALL the sec sucks as a conference.   People can disagree with that all you want, but look at the appearances in the tournament in the past decade. 

FreshHog

Quote from: OTR on September 01, 2014, 06:12:53 pm

That is exactly the point.  You are all het up because someone thinks we might win an sec game and because he's not a fan of the hogs it proves some point about how negative our fans are.

My point is, illiterate as I am, that the fact that winning one game is some ray or hope for this year is pretty pathetic.

Literally zero people here have said that winning one game is some ray or hope for this year... you are still completely missing the point, and your illiterate self ( you admitted this yourself remember ), still cant seem to grasp the concept.

No ones "het up" ( WTH does that even mean.. het isnt a word ) about what paul finebaum said. I just thought it was hilarious that even non-fans have more belief and faith in the hogs than their own so-called "fans". Now Idk why im re-iterating this point AGAIN for you to simply not comprehend the message I'm making here, so this will be my last post in response to you unless you can muster up enough brain power to make a legitimate point.

edit: Also under your avatar... the word you're looking for is "know" not "no".

Dirty

Quote from: OTR on September 01, 2014, 06:12:53 pm

I'm not sure if you were on of the members here, but some were complaint about not winning one conference game.  Now that someone other than an Arkansas media member thinks we will win a conference game. Now some members are mad that we will only win one.  The broad spectrum of the members here is astounding.  No not really!

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Quote from: FreshHog on September 01, 2014, 06:16:41 pm
Literally zero people here have said that winning one game is some ray or hope for this year... you are still completely missing the point, and your illiterate self ( you admitted this yourself remember ), still cant seem to grasp the concept.

No ones "het up" ( WTH does that even mean.. het isnt a word ) about what paul finebaum said. I just thought it was hilarious that even non-fans have more belief and faith in the hogs than their own so-called "fans". Now Idk why im re-iterating this point AGAIN for you to simply not comprehend the message I'm making here, so this will be my last post in response to you unless you can muster up enough brain power to make a legitimate point.

edit: Also under your avatar... the word you're looking for is "know" not "no".

You're wrong about no.  So we can put that one to rest.  You must have slept through English classes.  I know did, too, but stayed awake long enough to no the difference between no and know.

You are het up because some bozo thinks we might win a game, which is a sorry state of affairs and speaks volumes about the condition of our football program that a thread would even be dedicated to something so irrelevant. 

You've got a lot to learn.  I could learn you myself but I do not have the time to educate someone who don't know how to spell and is grammatically challenged as you seem to be. 

je100

Nobody here regards Finebaum as a credible source of Arkansas football when he speaks against Arkansas football.  Please be consistent, when he happens to say something nice.

FreshHog

Quote from: OTR on September 01, 2014, 06:25:36 pm
You're wrong about no.  So we can put that one to rest.  You must have slept through English classes.  I know did, too, but stayed awake long enough to no the difference between no and know.

You are het up because some bozo thinks we might win a game, which is a sorry state of affairs and speaks volumes about the condition of our football program that a thread would even be dedicated to something so irrelevant. 

You've got a lot to learn.  I could learn you myself but I do not have the time to educate someone who don't know how to spell and is grammatically challenged as you seem to be.

That good ole arkansas public school education paying dividends for you isnt it.... ( did you even make it past middle school? )

God bless you, you need it.

Heres some help ( if you can read it ): http://www.gingersoftware.com/english-online/spelling-book/confusing-words/know-no