Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mizzou 38 ... UCF 10 ... Final from Columbia

Started by jbcarol, September 12, 2014, 09:46:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

David Morrison @DavidCMorrison  ·  5m

On the blog: We learn a bit more about UCF with the Orlando Sentinel's Shannon Owens-Green (@osknights)- http://bit.ly/1xTyN5x .

1) Did Justin Holman do enough in the second half against Penn State to get this game all to himself? Or will he have as short a leash as Pete DiNovo did in the opener?

Coaches are certainly pleased with Justin Holman's ability to put a game on his back and lead his team to a near victory. Holman's two rushing touchdowns, and 200-plus passing yards and touchdown pass were certainly enough to earn him the outright start for this week and likely for the weeks to come. Coaches always knew Justin Holman had a lot of talent and saw flashes of that last season when he came in to relieve Blake Bortles after a few blowout games.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

David Morrison @DavidCMorrison  ·  Sep 10

Pinkel, on the Toledo trip: "It was really awesome. Glad it's over, we won the game. Great experience. But I don't want to do it again."

Dave Matter @Dave_Matter  ·  Sep 10

Pinkel on UCF re-adjusting after playing in Ireland: "This guy's really good. He'll have them ready to play."

Pinkel asked about UCF adjusting to returning from Ireland, said no different than playing in Japan - at least I think that was his point.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Coach Gary Pinkel @GaryPinkel  ·  1h

#Mizzou will wear a #Nike uniform combination Saturday that we haven't worn yet this year: http://www.garypinkel.com/mizzou-football-nike-uniform-combination-september-13/ ... GP

jbcarol

David Morrison @DavidCMorrison  ·  12h

Our belated pre-game rundown for UCF-Missouri is up- http://bit.ly/1qLcXfu . We touch on opportunistic secondaries, young O-lines and stuff.

UCF Knights (0-1; 12-1 (8-0 AAC) last season)

Last time out: Fell short in its comeback bid, losing, 26-24, to Penn State in Ireland two weeks ago. Quarterback Justin Holman replaced starter Pete DiNovo right before the half and sparked the Knights in the final two quarters, completing 9 of 14 passes for 204 yards and a score. He also ran for a 6-yard touchdown with 1:13 to go to put UCF up, but Penn State drove down for a game-winning field goal as time expired. UCF's rush defense held the Nittany Lions to only 57 yards, but Penn State quarterback Christian Hackenberg passed for 454 yards.

Offense: Multiple

Defense: 4-3

Good at Big-Play Pass Game...

Hawghiggs

I hope Central Florida kicks the crap out of Mizzou.

Chestodrawers

Looking forward to this one. This may be a really good game to start the day off.  UCF is NO cupcake.

mizzouman

Honestly, as a Mizzou fan, I'm worried about the OLine and linebackers. But, I'll take the win.

ricepig

Quote from: mizzouman on September 13, 2014, 02:16:41 pm
Honestly, as a Mizzou fan, I'm worried about the OLine and linebackers. But, I'll take the win.

I thought Mizzou looked pretty good, UCF ain't no cupcake.

NaturalStateReb

"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

jbcarol

David Morrison @DavidCMorrison  ·  2h
MU 38 – UCF 10 0:00 4TH #scoreupdate

David Morrison @DavidCMorrison  ·  1h
Pinkel on the D-line: "you don't build monuments three games into the season. But I think they can be real talented."

jbcarol

David Morrison @DavidCMorrison  ·  7m
Missouri's DTs combined for 16 tackles, 2.0 TFL through first 2 games. Had 8 tackles, 2.5 TFL, 2.5 sacks, INT, FF today.

jbcarol

jbcarol

David Morrison @DavidCMorrison  ·  5h
Missouri has turned its nine takeaways into 34 points this season: 4 touchdowns and 2 field goals.

jbcarol

Dave Matter @Dave_Matter  ·  9h

Texas (vs No. 12 UCLA) outdrew Missouri (vs UCF) by only 131

Missouri offense: 10 of 14 on 3rd down. 71.43 %. MU's best single-game 3rd down conversion since going 10 of 14 in 2011 Independence Bowl

RebelAt

A Mizzou alum and friend of mine has uttered on facebook, "We may be having another special season..." 

Justintime75

Quote from: RebelAt on September 14, 2014, 10:27:14 am
A Mizzou alum and friend of mine has uttered on facebook, "We may be having another special season..."

It's looking that way. And, with having our east div members eliminating each other, it's only looking more and more likely.

mizzouman

Quote from: RebelAt on September 14, 2014, 10:27:14 am
I will reserve judgment until I see more improvement on the offensive line and linebackers.