Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Our fan base has got to have better line play.....

Started by razorhead5, September 01, 2014, 01:37:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorhead5

What is the deal.....we have just simply got to start recruiting better fans. I remember my grandfather saying "Boy I wish we would run that pig out on the field like Colorado does that Buffalo".Well Saturday he won't be there, He passed on years ago. Last Saturday I witnessed 80,000 screaming fans having one heck of a party!......our fan base has not brought a party like that since Bama 2010.... And we are the only real game in this state. If you can't find the fan in yourself to show some emotion when Tusk runs out Saturday....STAY HOME...DO NOT SHOW. I have been waiting for this for 30 years. I cannot stand for long periods of time...but by God my wife will be holding my tired butt up for this.....wooopig.

HogGoneWild

CallThemHawgs!

Sucking, then being really good, then instantly sucking again takes its toll.

Also, a lot of people are questioning whether or not the crew on The Hill now can get it done.

It has a much different feel than early in the Petrino era. And for good reason.

Going to a game and getting demolished in every facet of the game is demoralizing, no matter how you cut it. And with the cost of attendance these days, it adds another dimension.

Going to a Hogs game is a big expense, and time commitment for a lot of people. And watching a product on the field that is terrible, leads many people to chose another method of entertainment, or another way to view the game.

If things get better, so will the fan support. It takes being good for an extended period of time to create a large number of truly dedicated fans. Anyone under 40 has never experienced that in Arkansas.

razorhead5

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on September 01, 2014, 01:43:43 pm
Sucking, then being really good, then instantly sucking again takes its toll.

Also, a lot of people are questioning whether or not the crew on The Hill now can get it done.

It has a much different feel than early in the Petrino era. And for good reason.

Going to a game and getting demolished in every facet of the game is demoralizing, no matter how you cut it. And with the cost of attendance these days, it adds another dimension.

Going to a Hogs game is a big expense, and time commitment for a lot of people. And watching a product on the field that is terrible, leads many people to chose another method of entertainment, or another way to view the game.

If things get better, so will the fan support. It takes being good for an extended period of time to create a large number of truly dedicated fans. Anyone under 40 has never experienced that in Arkansas.

I beg of you please do not show...give your ticket to the needy.

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: razorhead5 on September 01, 2014, 01:48:14 pm

I beg of you please do not show...give your ticket to the needy.

I am a student, I have an access pass. Thanks for your concern.

razorhead5

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on September 01, 2014, 01:49:45 pm
I am a student, I have an access pass. Thanks for your concern.

Oh your a student.....well the by all means sit on your hand an cry son. Oh..bring a bunch of Buddies from study hall and they can sit in there hands and cry too.....are you kidding me?.....I think we have just found our problem as a fan base.....we have a bunch of weak kneed students that are scared to throw a real party....Son there was a reason we have met today.... You get your little crew together and each of you grow a pair.... And let's party come Saturday.

picksleaguehog

Quote from: HogGoneWild on September 01, 2014, 01:42:22 pm
Just be glad most are not Cowboy fans...oh wait  :puke:

Im just in it for the tailgaiting now.

One of the best coaches in the word was from out state and could have helped us - but our northern exposure AD wanted a northern exposure coach.

My only fun now is having cocktails and laughign/crying about it and taking a little joy in watching a team with Arkansans as head coach, OC, and RB coach dominate college football.

If I cant enjoy Arkansas football anymore - i can just enjoy some arkansans coaching it

Torqued pork

September 01, 2014, 02:30:58 pm #7 Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 03:12:08 pm by Torqued pork
Auburn has played in two recent NC games and have that Iron Bowl thing. Very few fanbases could match what they have experienced lately.

picksleaguehog

Quote from: Torqued pork on September 01, 2014, 02:30:58 pm
Auburn has played in two recent NC games and has an instate rival to hate. Very few canvases could match what they have experienced lately.

2 years ago they were winless - 0-8 just like we were last year

John L beat them

Last off season you could have had auburn +3.5 against arkansas

Since then both teams have had coaching changes - some for the better

Dirty

jkstock04

Telling people not to go to the game? Lol sounds like a great way to support the program.

I paid for it, I'll be there cause I choose to and no other reason.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: razorhead5 on September 01, 2014, 02:00:21 pm
Oh your a student.....well the by all means sit on your hand an cry son. Oh..bring a bunch of Buddies from study hall and they can sit in there hands and cry too.....are you kidding me?.....I think we have just found our problem as a fan base.....we have a bunch of weak kneed students that are scared to throw a real party....Son there was a reason we have met today.... You get your little crew together and each of you grow a pair.... And let's party come Saturday.

I know that was mostly satire, but I am not your average undergrad student. I have taken a slightly different path than most to get here. I know how to party, I have been a Hog fan my entire life, and I can assure you that come Saturday I will be there (highly intoxicated) rooting on the Hogs.

razorhead5

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on September 01, 2014, 02:55:02 pm
I know that was mostly satire, but I am not your average undergrad student. I have taken a slightly different path than most to get here. I know how to party, I have been a Hog fan my entire life, and I can assure you that come Saturday I will be there (highly intoxicated) rooting on the Hogs.

Ok...good response..you have gained my respect...drink one on me!.....GO HOGS.