Previous topic - Next topic

UNCLE BACK

poloprince

When does practice start?  I'm so anxious.  :razorback:
$PoLoPrInCe$

GuvHog

Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

popcornhog

I really cannot wait. I'm excited to watch the football team improve throughout the year, but I really think the basketball team has arrived.
WPS

rzrbackramsfan

Boarcephus

Remember Vic Harville's cartoons when the football was not so good and he had the bouncing bb in the background with the lit fuse?  I think Mike has finally got it going his way and this could be the year he signals to the rest of the SEC and the nation Hawgball is back.

Question, who do you feel better about, Mike or Bielema?
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Boarcephus on September 01, 2014, 07:36:30 pm
Remember Vic Harville's cartoons when the football was not so good and he had the bouncing bb in the background with the lit fuse?  I think Mike has finally got it going his way and this could be the year he signals to the rest of the SEC and the nation Hawgball is back.

Question, who do you feel better about, Mike or Bielema?

Answer: mike and it's not even close.

onebadrubi

Practice has already started, or something has.  Pictures were floating around of mike and Portis working

Rooster Hogburn

It'd be nice if the program gets back to the point where midnight madness is relevant again. I have a lot of good memories as a teen and student. The program is getting back to the point where many fans are anticipating the opportunity to see our guys in action, even if it is just practice and pageantry
To forgive is to set a pisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.-Lewis B. Smedes

Pork Twain

I have not been this excited about Hog basketball since the mid-late 90's
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Bam, Alright Now

I am with you guys, can't wait for some Hog ball this year!

Smithian

Mike Anderson just needs to follow the football team around and after the game give the opposing AD or basketball coach a pat on the back along with a "Pay backs are hell"

This is the year to line em up and beat em all

GuvHog

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 01, 2014, 07:44:15 pm
Practice has already started, or something has.  Pictures were floating around of mike and Portis working

Mike is allowed by NCAA rules to work with the players on a one on one basis until practice starts in October. His one on one time with the players is limited and neither he nor any of the other coaches can work with the team as a whole until the official start of practice.

Hoggie17

This will be an exciting year. We will win 25 or more and go deep in the NCCAT.

BadHog

"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

Letsroll1200

Can't Wait!!!! Guard play will be so critical to this team success.

onebadrubi

Quote from: GuvHog on September 02, 2014, 10:32:31 am
Mike is allowed by NCAA rules to work with the players on a one on one basis until practice starts in October. His one on one time with the players is limited and neither he nor any of the other coaches can work with the team as a whole until the official start of practice.

Do you make things up on the fly just to have something to type?  There are pictures out of mike and Watkins working with the team. 

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

GuvHog

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 02, 2014, 11:38:07 pm
Do you make things up on the fly just to have something to type?  There are pictures out of mike and Watkins working with the team. 

Check the NCAA rules.

majestic

Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

dotnet

what does that link have to do with what the coaches are able to do with the players right now?

majestic

Quote from: dotnet on September 04, 2014, 05:32:10 pm
what does that link have to do with what the coaches are able to do with the players right now?
Have you been following this thread, at all? It clearly refutes that Guv's "no team practice until October" statement is wrong. That is what it has to do with anything.
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

ldfergu

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 02, 2014, 10:45:37 am
This will be an exciting year. We will win 25 or more and go deep in the NCCAT.

Ummmm....yeahh..that would be great

dotnet

Quote from: majestic on September 04, 2014, 06:14:17 pm
Have you been following this thread, at all? It clearly refutes that Guv's "no team practice until October" statement is wrong. That is what it has to do with anything.

I apologize.  All I see is the following:

Teams can now hold their first practice two weeks earlier than before, following an April rule change that allows teams to have 30 days of practice in the six weeks before the first regular-season game.

This has no bearing on if the team can practice before today or not as the first game is more than six weeks away.  What am I missing? 

mhuff

Quote from: Rooster Hogburn on September 01, 2014, 10:07:34 pm
It'd be nice if the program gets back to the point where midnight madness is relevant again. I have a lot of good memories as a teen and student. The program is getting back to the point where many fans are anticipating the opportunity to see our guys in action, even if it is just practice and pageantry

Hogburn, I would like to see it where the Hog Wild band would get the place rocking like in the old days. Still, a smaller building was easier to rock the place. I would like to see that energy again........ It was a happening.

LRHog234

What they do is 'work out' at 6AM with 4 players at a time for a 20-30 minute increment. As someone who had to be at the stadium at 430 to prepare for said workouts, it's not a team practice but considered individual workouts. Or this was the case a few seasons ago at least.