Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Head Coach, his plan and his persona

Started by razorhead5, September 01, 2014, 10:33:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

razorhead5

have impressed me since day one. I love his uncommon stand with our players and recruits. It is easy to see he leads by example, and also seldom shows "too much" emotion. I believe we have found a coach that not only cares about his players but ultimately wants to make them better men. Brandon Allen is a class act, played like a stud QB... And proved all his naysayers WRONG. He hit his receivers in the hands all day. CBB is going to win here and he is going to win big. I, like  a lot of people saw a different team, a team that has come along way from it's unstable past 3 years. Find your way back to Fayetteville people and support what they are building. We have recruits that are watching and this could be a class that ranks with the best ever. Don't miss the ride.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Swine Superior

FANONTHEHILL

You will probably get slammed, but you are absolutely correct.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

UNCLE BACK

Pig Worshipper

Great post, Razorhead 5. You understand what's happening here. Time for folks to stop complaining and get on board the Bielema Bus. It's going to take the Hogs right where we all want to go - to our first ever SEC championship!

Hawginj

Wps! I feel the same once it all clicks and we get more talent them boys gonna be tough. Go Hogs!

razorhead5

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on September 01, 2014, 10:45:25 am
You will probably get slammed, but you are absolutely correct.
[/quote

I have come to realize the few that will be negative are normally overweight,lazy and classless. They sit on there computer and post so they can feel like fan without effort. There of service to nobody but themselves...they will end up on an episode of hoarders.

Bubba's Bruisers

We don't have a program that can turn on a dime.  Need a little time to right the ship and establish stability.  The improvements are visible.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

B-Ross2417

This should stay at the top of the page, thank you for posting.  100% agree...

HogbillyinFL

Circle of Untrustables 2.0

Sorry I couldn't resist.

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: UNCLE BACK on September 01, 2014, 10:45:54 am
We played Auburn closer last year.

18 pt. loss at home against a 24 pt. loss on the road is probably a wash.

hellwonthaveme

This gets more hilarious by the week.....

PRJ

seasonhog

Quote from: Porkrind Jimmy on September 01, 2014, 12:15:44 pm
This gets more hilarious by the week.....

PRJ

ARTICLE ON FOX SPORTS TODAY

CRIMSON TIDE AGAIN STRUGGLES TO SLOW UP=TEMPO PASSING ATTACK.
concerning the WV game sat.

Is this the future of collage football......?

Deep Shoat

But we actually looked like we belonged on the field with them this year.  And they are pretty obviously better.

Get some perspective, dude.
All Gas, No Brakes!

MuskogeeHogFan

Go Hogs Go!

pigskenG

I agree about CBB, I was excited when I heard he was hired and nothing has changed that. This is the kind of offense I like and I like what he says. But, I look at BA and see Casey Dick. I don't have a better way to put it. Nice kid, but you can't put the game in his hands with his passing ability, although the WR's aren't helping a whole lot for one reason or another. We don't have Marcus Monk any more. Although Sprinkle reminds me of him.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: twistitup on September 01, 2014, 12:42:01 pm
Did we? Against their second team qb- yes...their starter - NO
We didn't run the ball down the throat of the 2nd team QB.

And that 2nd team QB would start for more than 50% of the D1 programs.
All Gas, No Brakes!

jkstock04

Quote from: Deep Shoat on September 01, 2014, 12:41:09 pm
But we actually looked like we belonged on the field with them this year.  And they are pretty obviously better.

Get some perspective, dude.
The "common sense" perspective on this board over the past couple of weeks has been mind numbing. Majority of our fans refused to acknowledge we were going on the road to play a top 10 team fresh off the natl championship game..

I would actually say we played them a better game this year...despite the many claims of us being a play or two away from beating them last year.

The head coaches plan looks to me like he is trying to do this the same way he did at Wisconsin. Whether or not that is going to work is yet to be seen. It's obvious he will get his chance.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 01, 2014, 11:09:36 am
We don't have a program that can turn on a dime.  Need a little time to right the ship and establish stability.  The improvements are visible.

This...I am no statistician, but I firmly believe that if you pulled up the teams where we had the most success, you will see teams that are laden with upperclassmen with some sprinkled in skill players, typically from in state.  Not kids that were elite coming out of high school from California, but kids who developed over 4-5 years, and played well above their talent level coming in. 

I think we're moving in that direction, and by getting kids with high character, I think we'll see more consistent development and a higher level of play.  It's just not going to happen overnight, and that's what concerns me at this point.  I think our staff is going to have to bend a bit on the power physical style while we get the team to play it, and hopefully it all works out in the end. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

Athog

Quote from: razorhead5 on September 01, 2014, 10:33:59 am
have impressed me since day one. I love his uncommon stand with our players and recruits. It is easy to see he leads by example, and also seldom shows "too much" emotion. I believe we have found a coach that not only cares about his players but ultimately wants to make them better men. Brandon Allen is a class act, played like a stud QB... And proved all his naysayers WRONG. He hit his receivers in the hands all day. CBB is going to win here and he is going to win big. I, like  a lot of people saw a different team, a team that has come along way from it's unstable past 3 years. Find your way back to Fayetteville people and support what they are building. We have recruits that are watching and this could be a class that ranks with the best ever. Don't miss the ride.

You are SPOT on!!

Torqued pork

The real bad news is with Ole Miss and MSU supposedly on the upswing the SEC-W may. be deeper than ever.

The Galloping Ghost

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 01, 2014, 12:51:15 pm
The "common sense" perspective on this board over the past couple of weeks has been mind numbing. Majority of our fans refused to acknowledge we were going on the road to play a top 10 team fresh off the natl championship game..

I would actually say we played them a better game this year...despite the many claims of us being a play or two away from beating them last year.

The head coaches plan looks to me like he is trying to do this the same way he did at Wisconsin. Whether or not that is going to work is yet to be seen. It's obvious he will get his chance.

Valid and logical opinion. +1
"The only football players in my time were fellows who really loved to play football. They were not in it for the money. There wasn't much money there. They would have played football for nothing."

greenie

Quote from: twistitup on September 01, 2014, 12:42:01 pm
Did we? Against their second team qb- yes...their starter - NO

Our defense was about the same in the 2nd half.  We just couldn't keep the offense on the field.  They passed effectively on us in the 1st, and ran effectively on us in the 2nd.

You love this, don't you?

Qadi999

well before you go over board with "He hit his receivers in the hands all day" nonsense I would  go back and re watch the game . All the passes that the WR's dropped where on target ,but most every pass that they caught were off target which would suggest to me that the WR's are not used to catching passes that are  thrown accurately.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Qadi999 on September 01, 2014, 01:20:15 pm
well before you go over board with "He hit his receivers in the hands all day" nonsense I would  go back and re watch the game . All the passes that the WR's dropped where on target ,but most every pass that they caught were off target which would suggest to me that the WR's are not used to catching passes that are  thrown accurately.

???

Do you recall the announcers referring to their JC transfer WR as a "rounder?"  Any pass that is around him...he catches it.  They also referred to it as his catch radius.  That wasn't amazing insight from Palmer...that was taken from coaches who watched the kid play. 

The reason they have that radius, is because we're playing soft coverage.  They were playing us press coverage and man mostly.  We had at least three really good catches on balls they had to adjust to.  Those require complete concentration.  What I saw was that when the ball was throw accurately, our players took it for granted and took our eyes off of it in an effort to run after the catch, and forgot the first rule....CATCH THE BALL FIRST!!  That's a concentration issue.   

The bigger issue IMO is that we aren't getting separation.  The drops stunk, and were big drive killers, but it was a hostile environment, and you see even top guys do that from time to time.  I just saw too many replays of our guys blanketed every step of the way.  No QB thrives in that environment.   
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

Qadi999

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on September 01, 2014, 01:27:56 pm
???

Do you recall the announcers referring to their JC transfer WR as a "rounder?"  Any pass that is around him...he catches it.  They also referred to it as his catch radius.  That wasn't amazing insight from Palmer...that was taken from coaches who watched the kid play. 

The reason they have that radius, is because we're playing soft coverage.  They were playing us press coverage and man mostly.  We had at least three really good catches on balls they had to adjust to.  Those require complete concentration.  What I saw was that when the ball was throw accurately, our players took it for granted and took our eyes off of it in an effort to run after the catch, and forgot the first rule....CATCH THE BALL FIRST!!  That's a concentration issue.   

The bigger issue IMO is that we aren't getting separation.  The drops stunk, and were big drive killers, but it was a hostile environment, and you see even top guys do that from time to time.  I just saw too many replays of our guys blanketed every step of the way.  No QB thrives in that environment.   
I suggest you go back and watch the game again almost every pass caught by our WR's were off target.

WilsonHog

I appreciate the culture that Coach Bielema is building.

Sooner or later, that culture is going to have to translate into some victories. Otherwise, like every other coach since John Heisman, he'll be fired and someone else will reap the benefits of the foundation he built.

FootballFanatic89

Can I ask a serious question? What exactly do you guys mean when you say, he is building the program the right way? Just curious.

WilsonHog

Quote from: FootballFanatic89 on September 01, 2014, 01:50:31 pm
Can I ask a serious question? What exactly do you guys mean when you say, he is building the program the right way? Just curious.

When I use that phrase, I mean two things - one football-related and one not. I mean that he is building it starting with the offensive and defensive lines, and that he is recruiting kids who, for whatever reason, seem to be staying away from the Washington County jail.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Qadi999 on September 01, 2014, 01:36:40 pm
I suggest you go back and watch the game again almost every pass caught by our WR's were off target.
Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on September 01, 2014, 01:27:56 pm
???

Maybe we're not as far away as we think, concerning our WR's.  It was a big stage, our first game.  Maybe they'll settle down and make the routine catches.  (Maybe I'm wrong...)

Hoggish1

Hoggish1

Muskliketusk

Rock on brother. You hit the nail on the head. Building a culture of good God fearing young men who are gonna represent the school and the state the best.
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.

BigPapaHawg

I absolutely agree!!! WPS!!!
WOO PIG

jkstock04

It is a phrase that gets pushed over and over...people said it constantly with Petrino and now Bielema. Never heard it during the Nutt years.

I have always thought when people said that it meant they thought we were on an upward trend...
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Maddhog

"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

urkillnmesmalls

He's making sure we have a pipeline of guys who can battle it out in the trenches.  He and the assistants have a history of developing kids and putting them in the NFL, which doesn't hurt recruiting for that position.  Same for RB, because they get to run behind them.   ;)

To me, the right way means we're getting good character kids who will stay in school, stay out of trouble (hopefully, knock on wood), and develop as they gain experience.  I know it's idealistic, but I think as we field a team of kids that are high character, the high character kids will desire to come here and their parents will desire them to come here.  We've seen it work in reverse, at schools like Miami, so there's no reason to think it can't happen in a positive manner as well. 

I also think a big part of it is his scheme.  He wants a team that will play physical and try to beat the opposing 11...not have two skill players, like a McCluster for example, who you build your entire scheme around...and then you're left with nothing when they move on or get hurt.  He's going for consistency and execution. 

Will it work against the SEC?  I don't know.  We need a better secondary and defense overall, and we need some big athletic studs at WR that can play the role of possession receivers...which means getting early separation through physical play off the line, and shielding the defender from the ball with their strength and balance. 

In all seriousness, I think if we were about 20% better in the secondary, and had two big WR's like those described above, we'd be a lot closer than people think.  Oh, and as someone eloquently said earlier, some LB's with some experience who have seen more and can help communicate to the other 10 players.   

Maddhog

Great post.   It serves no purpose to complain and whine.  We will know what we have in CBB soon enough.   For my own sake I choose to support him until the time comes when I can't.   He deserves some time to build his program and all the pining for Gus or Bobby will not change that.

#WPS
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

OLDHOG

Quote from: Maddhog on September 02, 2014, 10:20:43 am
Great post.   It serves no purpose to complain and whine.  We will know what we have in CBB soon enough.   For my own sake I choose to support him until the time comes when I can't.   He deserves some time to build his program and all the pining for Gus or Bobby will not change that.

#WPS
YEP

010HogFan

SemperFi

I'm right on board with the OP. Not getting off this train until it comes to a screeching halt and then you might have to pull me off kicking and screaming. For three quarters we believed that we could win this game. Can't explain what happened or why it happened, but the wheels came flying off. Maybe Gus sold his soul to the devil at halftime or maybe Auburn is really that good; they defintely looked better than Alabama and any other SEC team that I watched this past weekend. Silly how those that are sitting comfortably in their chairs talk about giving up and how bad this team is, when it's easy, too easy to cast stones from the safety of their living room. WPS!
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

PonderinHog

It was a grand stage and our receivers were the not quite ready for prime time players.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: PonderinHog on September 02, 2014, 10:52:54 am
It was a grand stage and our receivers were the not quite ready for prime time players.

I think that was it as much as anything else.  They were looking to make the big play after the catch, and simply forgot to "watch it in."  Too much excitement. 

Phil D

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 01, 2014, 01:47:29 pm
I appreciate the culture that Coach Bielema is building.

Sooner or later, that culture is going to have to translate into some victories. Otherwise, like every other coach since John Heisman, he'll be fired and someone else will reap the benefits of the foundation he built.

Exactly!
GO HOGS!!!!!!

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 01, 2014, 11:09:36 am

Sounds just like it did under Ford and Nutt.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

immahog

+1 I agree 100% we are on the right track an I like BB as our head hog
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

Sooie Fidelis

Big difference between "we played Auburn closer last year" and "we lost to Auburn by less last year"

Granted, our second half performance was sub-par but if we correct some missed blocks and dropped passes, we're a much better team overall than last year.

NaturalStateReb

The margin was closer, but they were less competitive against an Auburn team that was arguably not as good as the one on Saturday.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

MSMHawg

have impressed me since day one. I love his uncommon stand with our players and recruits. It is easy to see he leads by example, and
also seldom shows "too much" emotion. I believe we have found a coach that not only cares about his players but ultimately wants to make them better men. Brandon Allen is a class act, played like a stud QB... And proved all his naysayers WRONG. He hit his receivers in the hands all day. CBB is going to win here and he is going to win big. I, like  a lot of people saw a different team, a team that has come along way from it's unstable past 3 years. Find your way back to Fayetteville people and support what they are building. We have recruits that are watching and this could be a class that ranks with the best ever. Don't miss the ride.

I saw a better OL, than last year. Good holes in first half. Gus made adjustments at half, forced into BA to try and beat Auburn passing and he could not do it. The defense was worn out and Auburn could pretty much do what they wanted. Secondary is terrible, LB's better than last year. DL good, no depth.

BorderPatrol

Quote from: MSMHawg on September 02, 2014, 01:02:22 pm
Gus made adjustments at half, forced into BA to try and beat Auburn passing and he could not do it.

He couldn't? That was all on BA?

bp