Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Recruits & parents read this board- please clean it up

Started by three hog night, September 01, 2014, 09:24:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

three hog night

We are over run with the posters that drown us with negativity.   
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

hawgdawg63

I posted about this yesterday and most of the members on here bashed me to no end. And it was the long time members so maybe you need to address them directly.

popcornhog

Constant negativity is just as stupid as constant sunshine.

Objectively, there is good and there is bad right now.
WPS

three hog night

It will come to a point that many posters stop coming here soon.  This has been allowed to get out of control.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

LRRandy

Methinks your taking yourself and this board just a bit too serious. Relax dude. It's a message board. If a recruit says they aren't coming  to Arkansas because of something they or their parent read on this board, they probably weren't coming anyway.
This is fun, isn't it.

jkstock04

Lol gonna have to have some positives to take away the negatives. Been a long time since we won a conference game. Can't expect everyone to be positive considering that.

Honestly I think the board has been pretty tame.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

jlhogfan

Quote from: three hog night on September 01, 2014, 09:24:35 am

Not sure that message boards will sway a recruit; now when our crazy *** fans hit that twitter thing, might be a different story

Peter Porker

Every fanbase has their malcontents. Usually, they are, maybe, 5% of the overall population of the fanbase. They are loud and obnoxious, but are usually drowned out by the 95% of the positive fans. Arkansas seems to have louder, more obnoxious  malcontents and they seem to number more than 5%. They are everywhere and they make sure EVERYONE hears their conplaints. Is Hogville to blame?

Immediate reaction is, "of course not". Allow me to explain my point before you say that. Fan websites are positive by nature as far as backing the team. However, Hogville was the first that I'm aware of that made it ok to call the coach of the team, and AD and chancellor of the school the enemies of the program. I'm not saying they weren't, but what would happen in the future with the precedent this set?

Now, we have members of our fanbase immediately voicing opinions EVERYWHERE that are against the AD, coaches, and even players. I'm not talking, "Dang, Brandon didn't play well today." Or , "Crap, Coach Bielema should have went for it there." We get, "Brandon Allen is garbage." and "Coach Bielema is the worst coach ever." They write this garbage EVERYWHERE. Recruits and their parents read this stuff constantly. Our fans literally make it hard for our coaches to be successful.

Why? Maybe because somehow it became ok for fans to act like, and then voice it all over the internet, our coaches and players are the enemies of the program.

No, malcontents. The coaches and players are not the enemies of the program. You are!

Maybe this post is unfounded. Maybe Hogville has nothing to do with it. I love posting on Hogville. I consider it a privilege. It's just frustrating see our fans hurt our program.

Let's be fans and be positive and help our program be successful. Is it that hard?

(This was in response to Leslie Wallace's tweet)

Leslie Wallace (@sales1107) tweeted at 8:42 PM on Sat, Aug 30, 2014:
There is a lot of negative talk about the hogs on fb. They don't need that!  Our boys need to be encouraged not dumped on!
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Hogarusa

Let's no act like the posts on Hogville are unique to what parents and recruits will see on other team message boards.  I imagine things are a bit more positive looking at Auburn, Bama, and LSU but they aren't complaint free
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Mike Irwin

This board is actually one of the cleaner ones out there however recruits and parents don't usually read message boards. If they do they know what to expect.

Most recruits do Twitter which is worse than this place.

Torqued pork

This board is like a 60's love-in compared to the final years of HDN, MondayMorningMods.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: MountieDawg on September 01, 2014, 11:27:30 am
They also watch the scored on ESPN and the records. Maybe we can ask ESPN and the web to remove those.
Hilarious. Good one. When you get beaten like the Hogs did on Saturday, negativity will naturally be the order of the day. Do you think everyone picks flowers and throws iced tea parties when events occur that are a negative outcome?
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

WilsonHog

(1) Since Saturday afternoon, probably 10-12 posters have been banned for their comments in the wake of the Auburn loss. The decisions to make MMQB read-only during games and to create a separate forum for game discussions were made in an effort to make the game-day experience on Hogville more enjoyable.

(2) I feel comfortable in saying that we have more posters on a regular basis than any other Razorback message board, maybe even all of them combined. Exactly how much do you think I, or any other admin or mod, gets paid to babysit conversations between adults? You want a "fix?" Limit the conversations to 20 or so people and make everyone else read-only. Think that'll work? Think that's happen? Of course not. Ridiculous.

(3) There will be "negativity." Since we defeated Kansas State in the Cotton Bowl in January of 2012, our record is 7-18 overall and 2-15 in the SEC; you think ANYONE is happy with that, or that such a state isn't going to produce some pissed off fans every now and again? You would be hard pressed historically to find a decline that matches what we have endured the past 2+ seasons. I have no problem with "negativity," so long as it doesn't turn into an attack on other posters or on our players, or isn't an obvious attempt to stir the pot for no other reason but that.

Finally....

If you think there isn't a valid argument to be made that what Coach Bielema is attempting here will not work, you either are being disingenuous or do not know football. There is definitely a valid argument to be made, and it has been evident since the day he was hired. Time will tell if the argument holds water.

HogGoneWild

fakebobholt

Quote from: three hog night on September 01, 2014, 09:24:35 am

no they dont. They actually have lives outside of the internet. They could care less what a bunch of message board posters think of them. Nice try though

Hogs1234

Thanks for posting this. There are recruits, recruits parents and parents of players who read these message boards. It's amazing to me the cowards who sit behind their computers anonymously and bash kids on here! I wonder if they would say it to their faces...I think not. Think again before you post negativity about any player or recruit. Everyone makes mistakes or maybe those that point fingers are perfect in life. Again...I think NOT!

Peter Porker

I posted something earlier. I won't get into it since it was deleted, but the reason I did was this:

Leslie Wallace (@sales1107) tweeted at 8:42 PM on Sat, Aug 30, 2014:
There is a lot of negative talk about the hogs on fb. They don't need that!  Our boys need to be encouraged not dumped on!
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

MrThunderhog

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 01, 2014, 11:49:40 am
(1) Since Saturday afternoon, probably 10-12 posters have been banned for their comments in the wake of the Auburn loss. The decisions to make MMQB read-only during games and to create a separate forum for game discussions were made in an effort to make the game-day experience on Hogville more enjoyable.

(2) I feel comfortable in saying that we have more posters on a regular basis than any other Razorback message board, maybe even all of them combined. Exactly how much do you think I, or any other admin or mod, gets paid to babysit conversations between adults? You want a "fix?" Limit the conversations to 20 or so people and make everyone else read-only. Think that'll work? Think that's happen? Of course not. Ridiculous.

(3) There will be "negativity." Since we defeated Kansas State in the Cotton Bowl in January of 2012, our record is 7-18 overall and 2-15 in the SEC; you think ANYONE is happy with that, or that such a state isn't going to produce some pissed off fans every now and again? You would be hard pressed historically to find a decline that matches what we have endured the past 2+ seasons. I have no problem with "negativity," so long as it doesn't turn into an attack on other posters or on our players, or isn't an obvious attempt to stir the pot for no other reason but that.

Finally....

If you think there isn't a valid argument to be made that what Coach Bielema is attempting here will not work, you either are being disingenuous or do not know football. There is definitely a valid argument to be made, and it has been evident since the day he was hired. Time will tell if the argument holds water.

I don't always agree with your posts and have absolutely no idea what it is like to try and moderate this board. But this post right here is the best post I have seen describing my feelings towards the current situation we are in. Thank you for your post, and ill try and not give you as much darn anymore. Woo Pig.
What now? Let me tell you what now. I'ma call a coupla hard, pipe-hittin' *******, who'll go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. You hear me talkin', hillbilly boy? I ain't through with you by a damn sight. I'ma get medieval on your ass.

3kgthog

I can't recall one recruit ever saying he avoided the Hogs because of Hogville opinion. Most high profile kids and their parents are well versed on fans and are smart enough to know we still love the team. We simply like to argue, discuss, vent, etc.

HawgFan70

I hardly ever see a individual player bashed on this board, coaches as far as I am concerned are fair game they are fully aware what they sign up for. Players should never be bashed no matter what happens because I guarantee they are ding their best every play. Coaches make a huge amount of money so it bothers me in the least to see one called out on a message board. I agree negativity sparks a lot of the arguments on this board but no more than people who pump the sunshine with no real substance to back it up.
being smited is a sign of having a backbone and not joining in with lil smiter gangs, fire away kids

budcampbellfan

"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.