Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Want to enjoy the season?

Started by Pork Twain, September 01, 2014, 06:56:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pork Twain

Stay off of MMQB or at least avoid getting pulled into the negativity.  I tried it last year and the results were amazing.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

WardamnHOGGLE

I can't.  I love drama.  Goes with watching football and keeps me out of bars. 

Hoggie17

Quote from: Pork Twain on September 01, 2014, 06:56:18 am
Stay off of MMQB or at least avoid getting pulled into the negativity.  I tried it last year and the results were amazing.
You enjoyed last year??

BorderPatrol

Quote from: WardamnHOGGLE on September 01, 2014, 06:58:53 am
I can't.  I love drama.  Goes with watching football and keeps me out of bars. 

I bet you're just a hoot to be around.

bp

Pork Twain

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 01, 2014, 07:09:23 am
You enjoyed last year??
A lot more than I would have if I came on here and got sucked into every negative post, which was probably most of them.

People need to learn to enjoy the little things.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

3kgthog

Watching us continue to suck with barely a shred of hope for a bowl for at least two more years is far more depressing than coming here.

Dirty

Quote from: 3kgthog on September 01, 2014, 07:58:16 am
Watching us continue to suck with barely a shred of hope for a bowl for at least two more years is far more depressing than coming here.

No it's not.  After a tough loss, coming here and reading the majority of negative posters is worse.

hawg IQ

Here's the hard part, Hog have to play A&M, Alabama, Ol Miss, Miss state, Georgia, LSU, and all will be higher ranked than hogs when they play them.
Also it is likely Mizzou will be too. Conventional wisdom always is the higher ranked teams win.
   We've already lost to Auburn, so outside of non-conf, where can wins come from?
Now being fair to our coaches and staff all conf games should be losses. That's what we are up against.

I think either miss state or mizzou, we could win, maybe sneak an upset in at Fayetteville, but odds are against winning any remaining SEC game.

So how would any of us like the task ahead for BB and staff?
go hogs go !

OneTuskOverTheLine™

We will bowl this year.. Bank on it...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

three hog night

Stay off of MMQB or at least avoid getting pulled into the negativity.  I tried it last year and the results w

Many of us have had enough.  I don't understand why the board is allowed to become over run with crazies.   This board is viewed by recruits and their parents.   

Many of us have had enough.  I don't understand why the board is allowed to become over run with crazies.   This board is viewed by recruits and their parents.   
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

TeufelHog

. . . -AND- turn off freakin' Brent Musberger's announcing and listen to the radio broadcast instead.  PUUHHHLEEESE RETIRE BRENT.  How many times did you call us the Badgers on Saturday????

Torqued pork

Negativity=observation during losing seasons with epic beatdowns.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on September 01, 2014, 09:51:52 am
I enjoyed last year when I started rooting for someone that wins.  Might have to do that again this year.
Longhorns will be much better this year. Probably top 10. Take a look at them. Fun program to follow. Tons of tradition.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

lumphog

I hear that Twain guy is pretty smart  ;) +1

I want to offer that getting pulled in either direction can lead to disappointment.  Throw in with the Sunshiners, then watch us get our rears kicked and be bewildered or be negative and mostly be right and let your gut hurt game after game. 

The very best thing about Hogville is watching and reading the many attitudes and opinions.  You learn about people and how confused they can be.  How they love to offer their opinion as absolute fact.  Reminds me of the TV preachers who hold the only path to Heaven but for a SMALL donation, they will share it with you so your soul can be saved.

It only cost me 5 dollars this past weekend to get yet another lesson in believing instead of actually knowing.  I chose to bet my Grandson $5.00 grocery dollars that the Hogs could keep it within 21 points.  We could have easily lost by 31.
End of the day though, each fan, IN MY OPINION, should enjoy the Team as they see fit.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: 12247 on September 01, 2014, 11:50:35 am
I want to offer that getting pulled in either direction can lead to disappointment.  Throw in with the Sunshiners, then watch us get our rears kicked and be bewildered or be negative and mostly be right and let your gut hurt game after game. 

The very best thing about Hogville is watching and reading the many attitudes and opinions.  You learn about people and how confused they can be.  How they love to offer their opinion as absolute fact.  Reminds me of the TV preachers who hold the only path to Heaven but for a SMALL donation, they will share it with you so your soul can be saved.

It only cost me 5 dollars this past weekend to get yet another lesson in believing instead of actually knowing.  I chose to bet my Grandson $5.00 grocery dollars that the Hogs could keep it within 21 points.  We could have easily lost by 31.
End of the day though, each fan, IN MY OPINION, should enjoy the Team as they see fit.
Democrat Hog fans will tell you that their way of processing and reacting to game results is the only way. Republican and Libertarian Hog fans will tell you to react as you see fit and feel. I'm guessing you are not a Democrat because you are not saying that you know best.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 01, 2014, 11:19:02 am
Longhorns will be much better this year. Probably top 10. Take a look at them. Fun program to follow. Tons of tradition.

Might have to.   I hear auburn is pretty good too.  I might give them a look also.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

WilsonHog

My comments in the other thread are just as appropriate here.

(1) Since Saturday afternoon, probably 10-12 posters have been banned for their comments in the wake of the Auburn loss. The decisions to make MMQB read-only during games and to create a separate forum for game discussions were made in an effort to make the game-day experience on Hogville more enjoyable.

(2) I feel comfortable in saying that we have more posters on a regular basis than any other Razorback message board, maybe even all of them combined. Exactly how much do you think I, or any other admin or mod, gets paid to babysit conversations between adults? You want a "fix?" Limit the conversations to 20 or so people and make everyone else read-only. Think that'll work? Think that's happen? Of course not. Ridiculous.

(3) There will be "negativity." Since we defeated Kansas State in the Cotton Bowl in January of 2012, our record is 7-18 overall and 2-15 in the SEC; you think ANYONE is happy with that, or that such a state isn't going to produce some pissed off fans every now and again? You would be hard pressed historically to find a decline that matches what we have endured the past 2+ seasons. I have no problem with "negativity," so long as it doesn't turn into an attack on other posters or on our players, or isn't an obvious attempt to stir the pot for no other reason but that.

Finally....

If you think there isn't a valid argument to be made that what Coach Bielema is attempting here will not work, you either are being disingenuous or do not know football. There is definitely a valid argument to be made, and it has been evident since the day he was hired. Time will tell if the argument holds water.

GTOWNHOG

Quote from: TeufelHog on September 01, 2014, 09:38:51 am
. . . -AND- turn off freakin' Brent Musberger's announcing and listen to the radio broadcast instead.  PUUHHHLEEESE RETIRE BRENT.  How many times did you call us the Badgers on Saturday????

Musberger was horrible.
Good luck to ALL of our Razorback teams!!

LAHogfan123

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on September 01, 2014, 09:51:52 am
I enjoyed last year when I started rooting for someone that wins.  Might have to do that again this year.

Go cheer for Auburn and leave your deposit to Hogville at the front door on the way out, good riddance!

hogsanity

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 01, 2014, 11:59:47 am

(1) Since Saturday afternoon, probably 10-12 posters have been banned for their comments in the wake of the Auburn loss. The decisions to make MMQB read-only during games and to create a separate forum for game discussions were made in an effort to make the game-day experience on Hogville more enjoyable.

(2) I feel comfortable in saying that we have more posters on a regular basis than any other Razorback message board, maybe even all of them combined. Exactly how much do you think I, or any other admin or mod, gets paid to babysit conversations between adults? You want a "fix?" Limit the conversations to 20 or so people and make everyone else read-only. Think that'll work? Think that's happen? Of course not. Ridiculous.

(3) There will be "negativity." Since we defeated Kansas State in the Cotton Bowl in January of 2012, our record is 7-18 overall and 2-15 in the SEC; you think ANYONE is happy with that, or that such a state isn't going to produce some pissed off fans every now and again? You would be hard pressed historically to find a decline that matches what we have endured the past 2+ seasons. I have no problem with "negativity," so long as it doesn't turn into an attack on other posters or on our players, or isn't an obvious attempt to stir the pot for no other reason but that.

Finally....

If you think there isn't a valid argument to be made that what Coach Bielema is attempting here will not work, you either are being disingenuous or do not know football. There is definitely a valid argument to be made, and it has been evident since the day he was hired. Time will tell if the argument holds water.

Can we have a running list of those banned?

Of course that argument can be made. It's how they make it. Like those blaming BA, they are either pushing an agenda or are not very smart. No one that objectively watched that game could blame BA for that loss.

The problems are the same, very little upperclassmen on D especially in the back 7 that are the calibre you find on good sec defenses, so a lot of the load is on Sophomores. Also an overall lack of depth, quality depth.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: LAHogfan123 on September 01, 2014, 12:06:21 pm
Go cheer for Auburn and leave your deposit to Hogville at the front door on the way out, good riddance!

lol.  You must be miserable.  I am a hog fan. I am also a college fan.  That means I watch a lot more game than just Arkansas. Why? Because it's entertaining to watch good football when your team sucks.   
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Großer Kriegschwein

I'd rather drink turpentine and piss on a brushfire.
This is my non-signature signature.

WilsonHog

Probably my second-favorite program.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 01, 2014, 12:53:26 pm
Probably my second-favorite program.
Was mine...now 3rd since SMU has taken over #2 spot.

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Quote from: GTOWNHOG on September 01, 2014, 12:00:53 pm
Musberger was horrible.
I don't think he really understands how bad his "catch phrase" of "snaps it off" when the quarterback makes a throw sounds.  I cringe every time I hear him trot that out.

WilsonHog

Quote from: sevenof400 on September 01, 2014, 01:48:52 pm
Wilson!  How could you?
Say it ain't so!

I respect their tradition.

Actually, I misspoke slightly. Texas and Notre Dame are probably 2 and 2A on my list, again for the same reason.

LAHogfan123

I'd hate to live your life if you think we're not going bowling in the next two years.  I didn't project us going bowling this year, and I still might be wrong, but I have us finishing 5-7.  Next year we will be greatly improved, and will bet with anyone that we will go bowling next Season.

elviscat

Pork Twain

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 01, 2014, 11:59:47 am

Finally....

They need to clone you

Pig In The City

redeye

I only venture to MMQB during the season, but I may give that a try, so thanks PT!