Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My SEC rankings after week 1

Started by bruisemeister, September 01, 2014, 02:39:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bruisemeister

1.) Georgia-Impressive win over quality oppenent.
2.) Texas A&M-Scored almost at will against pre-season national title contender.
3.) Auburn- Scored at will against SEC team.
4.) Alabama- Struggled against a 4-8 team.
5.) Mississippi State- The All-SEC QB may reside in Starkville.
6.) Kentucky- It's week 1 and the opponent wasn't the best but let them celebrate at least one week before basketball season.
7.) Ole Miss- A veteran QB and Bama type sophomore talent looked mediocre this week.
8.) LSU- Usually LSU didn't come to play when the opponent was Arkansas.
9.) Tennessee- The Vols are slowly rising up.
10.) Missouri- The Tigers may be slowly sinking down.
11.) Florida- The game was postponed 10 seconds in due to weather. 
12.) Arkansas- The Hogs wished weather would have postponed their game at halftime.
13.) South Carolina- The 2014 Steve Spurrier ran into the 1996 Steve Spurrier in Kevin Sumlin.
14.) Vanderbilt- What a difference a coach makes.

Rocky Mountain Living

Good Stuff...slightly different.

1 Aubarn
2 Gig Em
3 Bama
4 Jawja
5 Mis Stake
6 Lswho
7 Ole Piss
8 Tenner
9 USC-least
10 Hogs
11 KY jelly
12 Gaytors
13 Missoury
14 Vandy

Hogs most likely wins this season...Ole Piss on Senior Day, after the bye vs Lswho @home, and Missoury on the road to end the season

MJ2

TAMU and AU in the west - winner of that game wins the west
GA in the east

Best two "football" coaches in the SEC are Malzahn and Sumlin and Saban who is slipping.

jbcarol

http://collegefootball.blog.ajc.com/2014/09/02/sec-power-rankings-week-1

Quote1. Texas A&M — Boom! Where did that come from? ...

2. Georgia – If Texas A&M ruled the air, Georgia controlled the ground in its win over Clemson...

3. Auburn — Nick Marshall was voted preseason All-SEC. Just think. He might not be the best quarterback on his own team...

4. Alabama — Blake Sims was efficient, but the ground game proved the difference...

5. LSU — Impressive moxie in rallying to defeat Wisconsin after being outplayed in the first half...

6. Mississippi State — A total beatdown of a downtrodden opponent in Southern Miss...

7. Ole Miss — Like LSU, another strong fourth-quarter performance, but Bo Wallace must cut down on his mistakes...

8. Tennessee — A healthy Justin Worley makes a huge difference for the Volunteers...

9. Arkansas — Initially, a strong showing ...

10. Missouri — The Tigers finally put it together in the second half...

11. Kentucky — ... I doubt life will be so rosy every week for the Wildcats.

12. Florida — ... Maybe it won't storm in Gainesville this weekend.

13. South Carolina — Was that that same South Carolina program we've watched the past few years? An APB was issued ...

14. Vanderbilt — Oh wow! What was that? ...
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Retweeted by Ralph D. Russo
Seth Emerson @SethEmerson  ·  4h

New AP poll comes out later today. Here's how my ballot looked. http://www.macon.com/2014/09/02/3281548/this-weeks-ap-top-25-ballot.html ...

Quote1. Florida State
2. Alabama
3. Auburn
4. Oregon
5. Georgia

11. LSU
12. Texas A&M

19. Ole Miss

25. Louisville
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Clay Travis @ClayTravisBGID  ·  1h

SEC teams ranked 1-14 and Outkick's national top ten in the Starting 11: http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/starting-11-georgia-thumps-clemson-edition-090114 ...

1. Georgia

2. Texas A&M

3. Auburn

4. LSU

5. Alabama

11. Arkansas

12. South Carolina

13. Vanderbilt

jbcarol

Brett McMurphy @McMurphyESPN  ·  4h

My AP ballot: Ga FSU A&M Ala OU LSU Ore Aub MSU Bay USC UCLA OhSt Stan ND Wis Neb ASU MsSt OkSt OleMiss PSU Clem SCar UL

jbcarol

AL.com sports @aldotcomSports  ·  2h

Auburn moves up to No. 5 in Associated Press poll http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2014/09/auburn_moves_up_to_no_5_in_ass.html ...

QuoteAP Top 25

1. Florida State

2. Alabama

5. Auburn

6. Georgia

9. Texas A&M

12. LSU

15. Ole Miss

21. South Carolina

24. Missouri

jbcarol

j-mann

1 UGA
2 TEX AM
3 LSU
4 BAMA
5 AUBURN
6 Miss St
7 Florida
8 Tenn
9 S Car
10 Arkansas
11 Ole miss
12 missouri
13 UK
14 Vandy
calling the hogs from Jonesboro    i have  cerebral  palsy  Rheumatoid arthritis   and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome   i cannot space  well  or spell well   but i still  love the hogs