Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Danny West twitter

Started by WBC Hog, September 01, 2014, 02:04:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WBC Hog

Apparently September 1st marks the first day that coaching staffs can speak with juniors (2016 class). West tweeted that the Hogs could see some very good news and then a few minutes later retweeted a tweet from McTelvin Agim saying " Arkansas were the first to offer and contact me on this day. Means a lot to me and shows me where I stand!! #Respect #WPS"

Idk if West is trying to hint with Agim or if he's just talking about Pettway possibly flipping to us. Whatever it is, I'm excited. Recruiting is about to heat up now that the season has started! WPS

razorback44

The first tweet was about Pettway.
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

Hawg_Thai'd

I like that Agim was appreciative of the coaches doing that. He will see, like Hill, that he is not just wanted, but NEEDED at the UofA. I really think he will give us a lot of consideration. He is not originally from Ark, so his evaluation process may be different than someone like Gragg or Hill. I hope he sees good things with us. Won't hurt if Flowers gets drafted high either.
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

The Recruiting Guy

Arkansas' numbers are very tight for offense. They will very likely take one more receiver.

If something happens with La'Michael I see it being late this month or later.
Don't forget about Dominique Reed.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Richard Davenport on September 01, 2014, 04:47:14 am
Arkansas' numbers are very tight for offense. They will very likely take one more receiver.

With the events in occurrence of the last few days, it definitely appears he's an Arkansas flip.  Is your time line given on Pettway based around Gragg's decision

SemperFi

What kind of Reciver is Pettway? Physical? Fast? Possession type? Is he sure handed and can he make adjustments to the ball when it's in the air? I know nothing about this kid, so those of you in the know please educate me.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

The Hogfather

I would REALLY like to get a guy who can help us right away, like Reed.  Big, strong, and fast.  Should be able to make an immediate impact.

Bubba's Bruisers

But we keep hearing Pettway doesn't have a committable offer.

Also, is Agim a DE or does he have the frame that's ultimately a DT.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Tim Harris

Quote from: The Hogfather on September 01, 2014, 08:02:39 am
I would REALLY like to get a guy who can help us right away, like Reed.  Big, strong, and fast.  Should be able to make an immediate impact.

Hill is an immediate impact player for us.

Bubba's Bruisers

What's with the lack of scholies for Reed?  And Pettway's offer sheet looks great, but there seem to be consistent suggestions that many of those offers arent committable.  What gives with Pettway?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

The_Iceman

We just need guys that won't drop crucial first downs and touch downs while playing top 10 teams on the road. Had to win doing that.

onebadrubi

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 01, 2014, 10:32:50 am
We just need guys that won't drop crucial first downs and touch downs while playing top 10 teams on the road. Had to win doing that.

Hell, just caught our Auburn drops in half and it's a completely different game!

dumbdude479

I hope we flip Pettway. We need him :razorback:

Tim Harris

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 01, 2014, 09:22:35 am
What's with the lack of scholies for Reed?  And Pettway's offer sheet looks great, but there seem to be consistent suggestions that many of those offers arent committable.  What gives with Pettway?

Reed has talent but question marks. JC guys have to prove they have taken care of things in the classroom. Also if I'm not mistaken he didn't even play last year.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Tim Harris on September 01, 2014, 10:49:58 am
Reed has talent but question marks. JC guys have to prove they have taken care of things in the classroom. Also if I'm not mistaken he didn't even play last year.

10-4.  Makes sense.

COCHISE

Quote from: Richard Davenport on September 01, 2014, 04:47:14 am

Is Pettway not a stand out safety also?

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Pettway is an athlete that we can use somewhere on the field.  I'd liken him to Davyon McKinney at this point as Pettway may have trouble bulking up, but a couple years with Herb could be the difference he needs to become a legit SEC athlete.

I wasn't terribly impressed with him in the playoffs last season but he's definitely got some potential.

Daniel Sprinkle and Pettway are project athletes in my opinion.  Like a lot of Arkansas kids where they have good potential but in the risk/benefit analysis that is hurting them is our need for athletes that are ready to play from day one.  As we roll more Petrino kids off the roster the open spots from attrition and graduation will decrease as we keep more and more kids in the program from recruiting better character kids and smarter kids in the classroom.

I'd love to see Pettway in Fayetteville.  The more South Arkansas kids on campus the better, remember ultimately getting an education debt free is the best thing any school can offer these kids, we forget about that aspect far too often.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

passinghog

I like Reed more as an immediate contributor,  along with his proven size/speed ratio.

Wonder how Pettway would look at safety?...

Hope we take both though

FATHAWG08

Quote from: Showtimehog on September 01, 2014, 12:54:23 pm
I like Reed more as an immediate contributor,  along with his proven size/speed ratio.

Wonder how Pettway would look at safety?...

Hope we take both though
Didn't Reed play DB in High School? I know he is a helluva athlete. We need SEC caliber athletes. I think Reed is one. I would take Pettway & Reed.
I love off season Football!!