Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

More on Pettway

Started by Tick Hog, September 01, 2014, 01:23:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Tick Hog

It may be already being discussed in the other threads if so merge or delete. Anyway he apparently has contacted the staff and Danny West spoke to him and believes that a flip could be in the near future. Pettway says that Hill has been in his ear and he also believes that Gragg is next in line. Go Hogs! Build that fence!

forrest city joe

Quote from: Tick Hog on September 01, 2014, 01:23:40 am
It may be already being discussed in the other threads if so merge or delete. Anyway he apparently has contacted the staff and Danny West spoke to him and believes that a flip could be in the near future. Pettway says that Hill has been in his ear and he also believes that Gragg is next in line. Go Hogs! Build that fence!
Very good news. we need all three of these young men in our program. need help bad at WR, and on defense.

hogville38

Quote from: Tick Hog on September 01, 2014, 01:23:40 am
We need to win some ball games this year and things will fall into place.

SoonerSooie

I am not slamming any of our receivers, but, we do need, badly, an infusion of guys that will catch the ball! I can't image how bad Hatcher felt dropping that perfectly thrown ball-- but, I know I was just totally bummed out! (He did make a nice play later for a first down).
That TD catch could have helped set a different tone.

philobeddoe

Honest question here. I know little to nothing about Pettway. Is he strictly an offensive player, or does he also play in the secondary?  I figure Nashville is a small enough school, that their best athletes play on both sides of the ball. I know we need help at receiver, but it looks like our secondary may be a greater need, especially with the receivers we brought in last years class and with KJ hopefully sticking to his commitment.

Tim Harris

Quote from: philobeddoe on September 01, 2014, 10:33:48 am
Honest question here. I know little to nothing about Pettway. Is he strictly an offensive player, or does he also play in the secondary?  I figure Nashville is a small enough school, that their best athletes play on both sides of the ball. I know we need help at receiver, but it looks like our secondary may be a greater need, especially with the receivers we brought in last years class and with KJ hopefully sticking to his commitment.

I'm not sure if he plays defense or not but like you said I'm sure he does being that he plays at a small school. I know he plays some QB or at least has in the past. He is a very good athlete that could end up several places but from what I've seen everyone is recruiting him as a WR.

al_pigcino

Small schools aren't playing both ways as much as people think.  Things have some a long way in the past 15 years.  A lot of 2A schools have a solid two deep with only a handful of players playing both ways full time.  I doubt he plays defense. 

Tim Harris

According to 247 he is no longer a commit to Ole Miss.

muddhogger

Danny west just tweeted he has decommited from ole miss this morning. I smell a possible commit very soon!

hawgsak

forrest city joe

Quote from: Tim Harris on September 01, 2014, 10:55:51 am
According to 247 he is no longer a commit to Ole Miss.
BOOM! this is getting good Hog fans.

Bubba's Bruisers

Pettway looks the part.  So does his offer sheet.  His decommit also might suggest he's smart enough to see that there's immediate playing time available for incoming WR's.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

TX HOG

He was offered by bama too?

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: TX HOG on September 01, 2014, 11:04:25 am
He was offered by bama too?

And AU, LSU and tOSU...according to Rivals.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Dark Helmet Hog

This is the most impressive job recruiting in state by a staff in some time. Great job!

JayBell

I was shocked that Hill committed so early.  All indications seemed to be that he and Gragg were going to wait and see if Arkansas showed improvement on the field before jumping on board.  I think his commitment was a major change in momentum in the state.

Why would any top in-state guys go elsewhere when Storey, Hill, Dean and others are leading the change in Fayetteville.

Hey Super

He tweeted this yesterday.

[attachment deleted by admin]
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

jackflash

Would like to see Pettway as a Hog. If he comes would like to see us add a fourth WR. One with pure speed. Like to see other teams secondary be concern about the deep ball. From what I seen against Auburn they are not right now.

The real Hogules

Quote from: jackflash on September 01, 2014, 12:42:22 pm
Would like to see Pettway as a Hog. If he comes would like to see us add a fourth WR. One with pure speed. Like to see other teams secondary be concern about the deep ball. From what I seen against Auburn they are not right now.

AU was a dropped pass and an unblocked defender away from getting burnt twice on Saturday.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

greenie

Not trying to stir anything up, but wasn't it mentioned somewhere recently that Pettway didn't have a "committable" offer?  If so, has this changed considering his recent activity that seems to say he's ours for the taking?  KJ commitment working it's magic...

Love the way this staff is relentless on in-state talent.

forrest city joe

Quote from: The real Hogules on September 01, 2014, 12:52:34 pm
AU was a dropped pass and an unblocked defender away from getting burnt twice on Saturday.
yep. i re-watched the game and notice that too. on the play where Allen threw the pick, there was a missed block that caused that. on that play we had a WR behind the defense again for another touchdown. with Hatcher's drop, we left 2 touchdowns on the field in that game. this game was closer than that final score.with under 4 minuets left in that 3rd quarter, the score was 28 to 21, and we had the ball. then the pick happen. we played right there with this team despite how bad the defense played. this can be a really good team if we can play better defense. i love this offensive Line.

SemperFi

What kind of Receiver is Pettway? What does he bring to the table?
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Scott7703

Dominoes are falling. This will be the best class we've signed in years.

sickboy

Quote from: SemperFi on September 01, 2014, 01:48:58 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x9BC6hkQNI

Tall, physical receiver with pretty good speed.

Kevin

If he called the coaches today, would they take the commitment ?
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

The Hogfather

Quote from: Kevin on September 01, 2014, 03:44:15 pm
If he called the coaches today, would they take the commitment ?

I'm wondering the same.

Kevin

Quote from: The Hogfather on September 01, 2014, 03:51:36 pm
I'm wondering the same.

Strange time, you and I are agreeing in the mmqb & wondering the same question.  Twilight zone stuff
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

jgphillips3

Quote from: sickboy on September 01, 2014, 02:03:58 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x9BC6hkQNI

Tall, physical receiver with pretty good speed.

Not saying he is as good as, but size, speed and measurables similar to Greg Childs.  He could be the physical receiver we need to not be bullied off the line and who can stretch a D but without the pure speed of a JoJo or Hill.

Positive Pete

Quote from: greenie on September 01, 2014, 01:22:57 pm
Not trying to stir anything up, but wasn't it mentioned somewhere recently that Pettway didn't have a "committable" offer?  If so, has this changed considering his recent activity that seems to say he's ours for the taking?  KJ commitment working it's magic...

Love the way this staff is relentless on in-state talent.

I was wondering the same thing. 

hawgsmellgud

He would not have recommitted without a commit table offer.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

forrest city joe

Quote from: hawgsmellgud on September 01, 2014, 05:21:38 pm
Bingo. i was thinking the same thing. the kid is no dummy.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: hawgsmellgud on September 01, 2014, 05:21:38 pm

Recommitted?

The Boar War

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 01, 2014, 05:47:48 pm
Recommitted?

Probably meant decommited.  Anyway I thought the whole point of our recruiting strategy was not to offer instate kids too early in case we had to back off.  I'm sure his offer is commitable. The earlier story was probably sour grapes.

Bubba's Bruisers

hawgsmellgud

"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

immahog

I think he wants to be a hog
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

TDHawgs

Great news if he calls the Hogs!!  We definitely need all the big time WR's we can get!!  :razorback: :razorback:

luke hawg

Does he play defense? Big physical kid with good feet and speed. How about linebacker? I like recruiting kids that can show they like to hit on tape but he is an in state kid.

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: luke hawg on September 03, 2014, 07:42:30 pm
Does he play defense? Big physical kid with good feet and speed. How about linebacker? I like recruiting kids that can show they like to hit on tape but he is an in state kid.

You are kidding right? Gotta be?

If not this is the best "can he play linebacker" in hogville history.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: SemperFi on September 01, 2014, 01:48:58 pm

Tall enough, fast enough, strong enough and catches the ball like a snotty kid catches a cold...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x9BC6hkQNI
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

blu

He looks good in the vid - thanks for the link - hope we get him.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

Quote from: philobeddoe on September 01, 2014, 10:33:48 am
Nashville is a 4a school with a good weight program and great participation. In the mid to late 90's a small college coach Billy Laird came in and took over an already good program he expanded the participation and went to an almost full 2 platoon system. When he left Coach Dawson continued this system. Now I am not saying he never plays defense but not normally. Wahls could give you a play by play but I have not seen him on here recently.