Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rousing pregame ceremony with Tusk--outdo the eagle

Started by lasthog, September 01, 2014, 12:24:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

lasthog

I had never understood just what Auburn ' s pregame deal with their bird was but it always looked sort of impressive on TV. But I watched closer yesterday and I believe they keep it caged up til it's mighty hungry, turn it loose, then it flies down to the field and eats a dead rat or something they have prepared. I do believe that's about right but will be happy to accept correction if warranted.

That seems all right as things go out there,  but it got me thinking of something we could do with our seriously bad - sassed mascot, Tusk, during pregame to get everybody in the right mood.

So here goes my idea. We roll that big ole boy to midfield during pregame, and with all attention fixed on him, feed him a live chicken. Now I've seen what a hog can do to a chicken before and I'll tell you - it's something awesome to see.

Maybe Tyson would provide a chicken.

If others don't think this is a good idea my feelings won't be hurt. Also,  any suggestions how this idea might be improved are welcome.   Go Tusk!

Nashtiger

Quote from: lasthog on September 01, 2014, 12:24:54 am
I had never understood just what Auburn ' s pregame deal with their bird was but it always looked sort of impressive on TV. But I watched closer yesterday and I believe they keep it caged up til it's mighty hungry, turn it loose, then it flies down to the field and eats a dead rat or something they have prepared. I do believe that's about right but will be happy to accept correction if warranted.

That seems all right as things go out there,  but it got me thinking of something we could do with our seriously bad - sassed mascot, Tusk, during pregame to get everybody in the right mood.

So here goes my idea. We roll that big ole boy to midfield during pregame, and with all attention fixed on him, feed him a live chicken. Now I've seen what a hog can do to a chicken before and I'll tell you - it's something awesome to see.

If others don't think this is a good idea my feelings won't be hurt. Also,  any suggestions how this idea might be improved are welcome.   Go Tusk!

This is a great idea, and I don't see any way at all anyone could possibly have a problem with it. But if you want to outdo AU, you need to push him off the upper deck and let him go after the chicken at midfield.

Just MO. Also, IMO, you should unveil this idea the next time USCe comes to town.

HogimusMaximus

How much does Tusk weigh...150-200 lbs?  What we really need to do is get a 400-500lb Razorback and run him out on the field with 4-5 handlers like Colorado does with Ralphie the buffalo.

lasthog

Real good ideas from both of yall.
But as far as the hog wranglers go , I think that might be good but I'd still like to have him eat something. You know , so not to be outdone by their bird.

Hogmeier

Back in 1892, when the first bird suddenly took flight and circled over the field, igniting the fans and inspiring the Tigers to victory just before crashing to the field, dead...

Wait...what? Is that really how this tradition started?

So when the crowd goes silent now, are they really in awe of the bird...or are they just waiting to see if it happens again?

Nashtiger

Quote from: Hogmeier on September 01, 2014, 01:07:27 am
Back in 1892, when the first bird suddenly took flight and circled over the field, igniting the fans and inspiring the Tigers to victory just before crashing to the field, dead...

So when the crowd goes silent now, are they really in awe of the bird...or are they just waiting to see if it happens again?

That's no longer a concern now that Harvey Updike is banned from Auburn

Hogmeier

ZERO

I have to say, this topic is downright hilarious, lol.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

LZH

Quote from: ZERO on September 01, 2014, 02:07:17 am
I have to say, this topic is downright hilarious, lol.

Well, it's pretty clear that we're gonna get dry-socked on the football field for the next five years, so we may as well come up with something to look forward to.

cram224

I'm hearing, for the Georgia game, Tusk will parachute in to WMS near a white dog seating on a block of ice. I know M. Vick trains dogs to fight but who has experience training hogs to fight?

Rocky Mountain Living

I love Tusk crushing Chickens pre-game to rile up the crowd idea.   

Thanks to the OP

Makes me think of my fraternity days at the Sigma Nu house

WPS

jkstock04

Quote from: HogimusMaximus on September 01, 2014, 12:48:02 am
How much does Tusk weigh...150-200 lbs?  What we really need to do is get a 400-500lb Razorback and run him out on the field with 4-5 handlers like Colorado does with Ralphie the buffalo.
He is way bigger than 150-200 lbs. Hell I would guess he is over 500.

BTW y'all are crazy if you think sacrificing a live chicken in front of 50k-70k people is even a possibility. Too many liberals in the world. I wouldn't complain though!
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Nashtiger on September 01, 2014, 12:41:48 am
This is a great idea, and I don't see any way at all anyone could possibly have a problem with it. But if you want to outdo AU, you need to push him off the upper deck and let him go after the chicken at midfield.

Just MO. Also, IMO, you should unveil this idea the next time USCe comes to town.

This is almost it...  We build a drone airplane with an open cockpit where it looks like Tusk is flying it. Let him make a couple of passes (especially low over the opponents sideline) then straight up high to eject and parachute to the midfield logo where a double for the opponents mascot is there waiting to be eaten. THEN, at halftime let him come out and crap that thing out at midfield to demonstrate that we are going to finish the second half..!!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

September 01, 2014, 08:03:56 am #13 Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 08:46:46 am by OneTuskOverTheLine™
Quote from: cram224 on September 01, 2014, 07:29:33 am
I'm hearing, for the Georgia game, Tusk will parachute in to WMS near a white dog seating on a block of ice. I know M. Vick trains dogs to fight but who has experience training hogs to fight?

They don't have to be trained to fight.. They have to be trained NOT to fight..

My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on September 01, 2014, 08:02:45 am
This is almost it...  We build a drone airplane with an open cockpit where it looks like Tusk is flying it. Let him make a couple of passes (especially low over the opponents sideline) then straight up high to eject and parachute to the midfield logo where a double for the opponents mascot is there waiting to be eaten. THEN, at halftime let him come out and crap that thing out at midfield to demonstrate that we are going to finish the second half..!!

I'm so convinced of this that I am quoting myself... (a few sunday morning screwdrivers are helping ;) ) Sounds like a real winner to me...!

DLUXHOG

Put a nice sow at midfield and let Tusk go after her...
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Pig Worshipper

Quote from: DLUXHOG on September 01, 2014, 09:23:24 am

That would look about like what Auburn did to us in the 2nd half on Saturday.

Pig Worshipper

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on September 01, 2014, 08:02:45 am

Yes, we could call this the When Pigs Fly pre game ritual.

SemperFi

Quote from: Hogmeier on September 01, 2014, 01:07:27 am

If the bird survives the pre-game ritual the Auburn officials just sabotage the opposing teams elevator, game clock and play clock too. Got to give aubbie credit for keeping up with tradition..... ;D
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Hogwild

I vote for a steel cage match at half time- Tusk vs LSU's tiger.

wupigsuey

A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

The Divine Swine

Quote from: Rocky Mountain Living on September 01, 2014, 07:31:32 am
I love Tusk crushing Chickens pre-game to rile up the crowd idea.   

Thanks to the OP

Makes me think of my fraternity days at the Sigma Nu house

WPS

pretty surprised people actually think this is a good idea. I get it somewhat, but in my opinion it is never appealing to make another animal or living creature suffer unnecessarily. Sure we eat chickens, but they are killed humanely and quickly. Anyway, if someone conservative like me would have a problem with this can you imagine the liberal peta loving propaganda swirling around our program if we did something like this?
Romans 10:9-10

"That if you confess with your mouth, Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

Pig Worshipper

Divine Swine, I believe most of this thread is for pure fun and not to be taken seriously.

Just about like every thread on Hogville.

jlhogfan

Quote from: The Divine Swine on September 01, 2014, 10:02:23 am
pretty surprised people actually think this is a good idea. I get it somewhat, but in my opinion it is never appealing to make another animal or living creature suffer unnecessarily. Sure we eat chickens, but they are killed humanely and quickly. Anyway, if someone conservative like me would have a problem with this can you imagine the liberal peta loving propaganda swirling around our program if we did something like this?

We should do a "Jackie Sherrill" to the opposing mascots before every game.  Not sure about Ole Miss however

Roadrunner

I think he weighs a lot more than that.
When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you.

DLUXHOG

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

redswarmrising

my brother has a 600 pound boar that could be used.only problem is he doesn't run.he's old and lazy but he's extremely tame and easy to control

Pigdiana Jones

I wish someone would take a 8 or 10 gauge shotgun and shoot that damn "war eagle" out of the sky. Are you a tiger or a war eagle? Make up your minds.
"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

Boaris Tusknik

Think it would be cool to walk Tusk out to midfield, have a dummy with the opposing teams apparel on and then you could stuff it with his favorite snack and watch him go hogzilla on it!!

Hogwild

MuskogeeHogFan

I'd like to see them run him across the field prior to the game, same as Colorado does with their buffalo. Many have said that this was too dangerous, but if 4 to 6 handlers can handle a trained buffalo, I think that Tusk could also be handled. It is one run of 50 to 100 yards, from one end to the other, that has to be possible.
Go Hogs Go!

Stewhog 11

I like it. Then BB bites the head off a live bat and Mike Anderson wrestles a bear.

HoustonwehaveaProblem

Quote from: DLUXHOG on September 01, 2014, 09:23:24 am

I like it. I would put a les miles mask on the sow