Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We lost fair and square, in the second half we were outplayed and outcoached BUT ……

Started by ShadowTheHedgehog, August 31, 2014, 03:42:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowTheHedgehog

Strange things leading up to and during the game:

Auburn QB stopped while in possession of a controlled substance – Still got to play

Auburn Impact Player with eligibility issues – Still got to play

Person spotted trying to video record a closed Hogs practice

BA's truck torched during Auburn game Week

Clock not working during game

Coaches stuck in elevator and had to communicate via phone during halftime

Lots of distractions that played in Barn's favor. Not saying that is why they won, but all this chit did not help either.

HogFanatic

Mark my words, eventually Gus Malzahn is going to get himself into trouble, if you know what I mean. That man and that school is as dirty as one can possibly be.

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on August 31, 2014, 03:48:06 pm
Mark my words, eventually Gus Malzahn is going to get himself into trouble, if you know what I mean. That man and that school is as dirty as one can possibly be.

I think that a) it is very hard to prove this kind of stuff and b) as long as a coach delivers a product that makes the NCAA money the investigations will seldom find anything.

Hog N Bama

BINGO!

jgphillips3

The days of the NCAA doing more than slapping the wrist of P5 teams is over.  The inmates now run the asylum. 

Muskliketusk

Gus is slimy as it gets. HBB wouldn't a let a guy play after a marijuana arrest. Gus fits in perfect down there on the cheating plains.
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.

HogFanatic

Quote from: Al Boarland on August 31, 2014, 04:28:42 pm
HAHAHAHAHA.  We already marked your words when you said the Hogs would win.  Your words aren't worth much.

See, it's posts like this that make me think sometimes that people take a pessimistic view and run with it just so they can come back around later and brag that they were correct.

Good job, Al. Pat yourself on the back for me.

HogFanatic

I'm sure the elevator started working again just as soon as the Auburn techies got finished running the microphones from our coaches booth to Malzahn's headset.

31to6

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on August 31, 2014, 03:42:55 pm

Auburn QB stopped while in possession of a controlled substance – Still got to play

Lots of distractions that played in Barn's favor. Not saying that is why they won, but all this chit did not help either.

Not sure any of that made our WR's drop critical passes or made Auburn's WR's able to dominate our undersized and inexperienced secondary.

Murr

How fat and lazy are our coaches or why is the visiting locker room so hard to get to?

HogFanatic

Quote from: Al Boarland on August 31, 2014, 04:37:36 pm
Well, don't make outlandish statements like you know Malzahn will get in trouble.  They are groundless and make you look bitter.

It is no secret that you're a Malzahnite, Al. But as for those of us who aren't, it is apparent that the guy is dirty. And I'm not bitter about the game at all. I have moved on.

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: 31to6 on August 31, 2014, 04:35:16 pm
Not sure any of that made our WR's drop critical passes or made Auburn's WR's able to dominate our undersized and inexperienced secondary.

hence the title: We lost fair and square, in the second half we were outplayed and outcoached.

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: Murr on August 31, 2014, 04:36:23 pm
How fat and lazy are our coaches or why is the visiting locker room so hard to get to?

CBB said stuck. I hope they were stuck.

chitwnhog

Quote from: Al Boarland on August 31, 2014, 04:43:04 pm
It's not apparent.  You want it to be, but you have nothing to back it up.  It's slanderous and you should be better than that.  I assumed based on your eating crow thread that you would be above something like that.

It was a poor assumption on my part.

Slanderous? Geeze man get off Malzahns jock.

Ok...that's it to the Ignore Room ya go.

MiHogsMi

Mark my words.....Gus Malzahn will be head coaching in the NFL before your Karma gets to 500 or you wear out the arms in your lazy boy couch; whichever comes first.

We got our arses beat.  Deal with it.  Gus is recognized nationally as an elite coach (heard it live last night on the SEC Network).  We blew it by not hiring him.  That ship has sailed.  The Gus bashing only works with a minority on Hogville.  We need to focus on the things we can control.  Right now it's called the Arkansas razorback football team....coaches, players, support staff etc...

Get over your butthurt.
I don't view The University of Arkansas Football Program as Mr. CBB's personal Petri dish to experiment and tinker with for HIS pleasure and learning curve.

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: MiHogsMi on August 31, 2014, 04:48:57 pm
Mark my words.....Gus Malzahn will be head coaching in the NFL before your Karma gets to 500 or you wear out the arms in your lazy boy couch; whichever comes first.

We got our arses beat.  Deal with it.  Gus is recognized nationally as an elite coach (heard it live last night on the SEC Network).  We blew it by not hiring him.  That ship has sailed.  The Gus bashing only works with a minority on Hogville.  We need to focus on the things we can control.  Right now it's called the Arkansas razorback football team....coaches, players, support staff etc...

Get over your butthurt.

Several posters have mentioned Dallas having interest in Gus, is that just rumors/wishful thinking by Cowboys fans of has something leaked out?

Muskliketusk

These Malzahn disciples make me wanna puke. Guy is a first class cheat and holier than thou. I tried to chat him up when he was one of us and he blew me off. We was out for dinner for my birthday at AQ and the guy was too cool to take a picture with me. Lost my respect that day. Now he ends up at the center of the cheating universe go figure.
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.

Pigdiana Jones

"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

Professor Psychosis

Quote from: MiHogsMi on August 31, 2014, 04:48:57 pm

Good, then all this pointless arguing will go to the NFL forum.  Sounds great.  Go, Gus, Go!  Dallas lock.

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: Muskliketusk on August 31, 2014, 04:54:22 pm
These Malzahn disciples make me wanna puke. Guy is a first class cheat and holier than thou. I tried to chat him up when he was one of us and he blew me off. We was out for dinner for my birthday at AQ and the guy was too cool to take a picture with me. Lost my respect that day. Now he ends up at the center of the cheating universe go figure.

You can say a lot about Gus but he is a forgiver. No matter what you get into he will forgive your crime and let you play.

31to6

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on August 31, 2014, 04:40:38 pm
hence the title: We lost fair and square, in the second half we were outplayed and outcoached.
I know, but I don't understand the value of the litany of complaints. Everyone knows Auburn cheats like normal people breathe--all the time and without even thinking about it.

But it has always been that way and there is no use complaining.

We still need to catch the damn ball. :)

MiHogsMi

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on August 31, 2014, 04:50:53 pm
Several posters have mentioned Dallas having interest in Gus, is that just rumors/wishful thinking by Cowboys fans of has something leaked out?

Let's just say this...did you see the ad with Jerry and the Arkansas National championship billboard.  Jerry had a big chew of gum, visor and sweater on.  I wonder if we can start a thread like all things Gruden; only this one would be all things all things Gus to NFL.
I don't view The University of Arkansas Football Program as Mr. CBB's personal Petri dish to experiment and tinker with for HIS pleasure and learning curve.

buffaload

That's such a ridiculous post it's good.  Gave you a +1 for that one.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Al Boarland on August 31, 2014, 04:37:36 pm
Well, don't make outlandish statements like you know Malzahn will get in trouble.  They are groundless and make you look bitter.

I'm more curious as to why you, a known Malzahn-ite, are continually on Hogville? Is there not an alter near Toomer's Corner that you can bow to?
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

popcornhog

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on August 31, 2014, 04:39:14 pm
It is no secret that you're a Malzahnite, Al. But as for those of us who aren't, it is apparent that the guy is dirty. And I'm not bitter about the game at all. I have moved on.

Not a Malzahn fan here -- but I am sick if these types of statements. They make us, as a fan base, look foolish.

It won't matter once Bielema has us winning and competitive again in the next year or two -- but for now it's embarrassing.
WPS

arkfan81

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on August 31, 2014, 04:34:07 pm
I'm sure the elevator started working again just as soon as the Auburn techies got finished running the microphones from our coaches booth to Malzahn's headset.

Im not saying, but Im just saying. The phones in an elevator are glorified radios on a channel.
Have faith...

lumphog

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on August 31, 2014, 04:32:29 pm
See, it's posts like this that make me think sometimes that people take a pessimistic view and run with it just so they can come back around later and brag that they were correct.

Good job, Al. Pat yourself on the back for me.
There are ALOT of people that shouldn't post at all......What's the old saying......It's better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you are an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.........ALOT!!!!!

Ex-Trumpet

How many here accusing Gus of being slimy are the same ones that thought he was pure as the driven snow when he was here?  Surely you don't believe his hiring was completely unrelated to signing some recruits from Springdale??!? 

Let's face it--Gus is a great coach; anyone that would argue that fact isn't worthy of a platform to even engage an argument. 

And, he coaches at Auburn and I hope he loses every game from here on out.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: lumphog on August 31, 2014, 08:13:16 pm
There are ALOT of people that shouldn't post at all......What's the old saying......It's better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you are an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.........ALOT!!!!!

What is an alot?
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Bubba's Bruisers

We were not out coached in the second half.  We were out talented.

No, AU will get into trouble.  Gus will Pete Carroll his way to the NFL.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Hogarusa

That's a lot of conspiracies in a game going against a team coming off an 0-8 season and being favored by 20
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on August 31, 2014, 08:26:51 pm
We were not out coached in the second half.  We were out talented.

With the exception of Marshall, we played the same team in the 2nd half as we did in the first.  There were obvious coaching tweaks in both locker rooms at halftime...one worked, one didn't.

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on August 31, 2014, 08:26:51 pmNo, AU will get into trouble.  Gus will Pete Carroll his way to the NFL.

Jason Garrett is already looking over his shoulder!  :)

reddogjcss

Auburn beat us no doubt! Second half was all there's but that's the dirties college sports program in the South!

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on August 31, 2014, 08:32:43 pm
With the exception of Marshall, we played the same team in the 2nd half as we did in the first.  There were obvious coaching tweaks in both locker rooms at halftime...one worked, one didn't.

Except we didn't have the personnel/talent to make the adjustments.  AU's adjustment was a simple one...load the box and force us to throw.  Game was officially over then.  AU would have scored points in the 2nd half with or without Marshall.

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on August 31, 2014, 08:32:43 pm
Jason Garrett is already looking over his shoulder!  :)

I think both Malzahn and Sumlin will be in the NFL within 3 years.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

BOAR_N2BWILD

Bingo
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

hawgdavis

I'm indifferent about Gus but I know this, if he was our coach and we were winning like Awbarn everyone here would love him. I think he takes advantage of the rules and stretches them as much as he can. I don't think he is dirty or slimy like many of you do , he understands the current climate of big time collage football where its win or your gone and he does what it takes to win. It goes on in most every program, some are just better at not letting it get out. You think Bama, LSU, USC East and West, ATM, Ohio State, Texas, UCLA, Oregon ( OK pot is legal there ) FSU ( probably been doing it the longest ) are not doing the same thing. Yep they are they just handle it from with in. Win big now or your gone so Gus does what it takes and is allowed and wins big. Oh and he is a pretty good coach to boot. One more thing. Do y'all think that Barry didn't do it at Wisky to get them turned around. I believe in Coach BB and that he will win here but I would bet that he has played players before that should have been suspended or booted out. I could go on and on but its getting near my bed time. We would love Gus and y'all know it, if he had us winning like Awbarn.

Roadrunner

Quote from: Muskliketusk on August 31, 2014, 04:01:53 pm
Gus is slimy as it gets. HBB wouldn't a let a guy play after a marijuana arrest. Gus fits in perfect down there on the cheating plains.

REYNOLDS, Ga. -- Auburn quarterback Nick Marshall has been cited for possession of a small amount of marijuana in Georgia.  Less than one ounce, he was not arrested.
When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you.

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

secfan30

Quote from: Muskliketusk on August 31, 2014, 04:54:22 pm

Be lucky that's the only time you've had an interaction with him.

Yes he can coach, as far as a person, he is one of the lowest types of people most will ever meet. Those that are butt hurt that he was not hired prob can't see the fact that the same guy that fired Petrino would never hire Gus.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: secfan30 on August 31, 2014, 09:28:54 pm
Be lucky that's the only time you've had an interaction with him.

Yes he can coach, as far as a person, he is one of the lowest types of people most will ever meet. Those that are butt hurt that he was not hired prob can't see the fact that the same guy that fired Petrino would never hire Gus.

I'm betting Long's reasons for not hiring Gus were not character related. Call me naive.

hellwonthaveme

BA’s truck torched during Auburn game Week

Lots of distractions that played in Barn’s favor. Not saying that is why they won, but all this chit did not help either.

I also heard about an alien abduction sometime last week, involving a couple of our star players...word is the spaceship had a blue and orange UA logo on the roof.......

PRJ

secfan30

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on August 31, 2014, 09:33:32 pm
I'm betting Long's reasons for not hiring Gus were not character related. Call me naive.

More likely due to him undercutting previous bosses and I'm not talking about Nutt. Nutt needed to be undercut. Plus he is difficult to work around or with.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: secfan30 on August 31, 2014, 09:34:45 pm
More likely due to him undercutting previous bosses and I'm not talking about Nutt. Nutt needed to be undercut. Plus he is difficult to work around or with.

He was also not a proven HC when the UA job came open.  And there was a major divide among fans concerning him. 

I bet most coaches, especially the better ones, are a pill to work with.

secfan30

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on August 31, 2014, 09:39:33 pm
He was also not a proven HC when the UA job came open.  And there was a major divide among fans concerning him. 

I bet most coaches, especially the better ones, are a pill to work with.

I was being polite when I said difficult.

Bubba's Bruisers

BorderPatrol

Quote from: Nashtiger on August 31, 2014, 09:45:48 pm

Ditto the elevator. You should hear our scholarship donors and beat press bitching about the elevator operator and keypad issues. Good thing our coaches high tail it down the stairs to get to the lockerrooms as quickly as possible. But then again, they don't wear huge windbreakers in 90 degree heat and 90 percent humidity, either.

All credibility lost with this paragraph.

bp