Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corliss Marshall's Role

Started by Hawgphish, August 31, 2014, 11:01:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgphish

First, let me say that I was very happy to see Corliss' arm was not injured and that he came back into the game.  But I was disappointed that our coaches have not developed creative ways to get him the ball.  I don't think lining him up at tailback for 6 carries a game and catching kickoffs 5 yards deep in the end zone is utilizing him enough. I hope to see his role expand at the year goes on.   

HogFanatic

I agree. The guy is a legitimate speed threat. He needs to be used.

On the other hand, did you guys see Arkansas's defense shut down the 4.16 40 guy from Auburn?

I thought that Auburn troll was just blowing smoke about that guy's 40 time but they talked about that on National TV several times yesterday. I still don't believe it is accurate, but their 4.16 40 guy didn't do squat. Arkansas's defense is showing improvement, but Auburn is pretty damn tough offensively.

JansterZ71

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on August 31, 2014, 11:07:33 am

On the other hand, did you guys see Arkansas's defense shut down the 4.16 40 guy from Auburn?

I thought that Auburn troll was just blowing smoke about that guy's 40 time but they talked about that on National TV several times yesterday. I still don't believe it is accurate, but their 4.16 40 guy didn't do squat. Arkansas's defense is showing improvement, but Auburn is pretty damn tough offensively.
Are You being sarcastic or serious?  Just curious because he had 87 yards on 10 attempts.  That's 8.7 yds/carry
I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.
I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully. I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men. I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities. I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all. I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all. I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."

TMc

Korliss was doing great - I hope he is ok.  Auburn is going to crush a lot of people.  I didn't think they would be better.., but they are.

PonderinHog

Quote from: TMc on August 31, 2014, 11:52:37 am
Korliss was doing great - I hope he is ok.  Auburn is going to crush a lot of people.  I didn't think they would be better.., but they are.
Auburn appears to be starting off from where they left off.  They are a championship caliber team, IMO.  And yes, it pains me to admit that.

HogFanatic

Quote from: JansterZ71 on August 31, 2014, 11:20:55 am
Are You being sarcastic or serious?  Just curious because he had 87 yards on 10 attempts.  That's 8.7 yds/carry

Oh...well, I was being serious, but I didn't watch the rest of the game after the lightning delay. I left the watch party and listened to the rest of it on the radio. He must have reeled off a couple big ones late. They were showing his stats late in the third quarter and he didn't have many yards at all up to that point.

So much for what I said. Haha!

But yeah, there in the first half when we were rotating the backs in and just shoving it down Auburn's throat I was expecting Marshall to reel off a big one at any time. It will happen at some point. Probably next week. Nicholl's State is going to get steamrolled by our running game.

FootballFanatic89

Haha, Corey is one of the fastest guys in the nation. Does he have sub 4.2 speed. I can't and won't believe that. However, you are blind if you don't think he has speed and no, you did not shut him down. I wish Gus would use him more between the tackles. Btw, coming into the game, the guy i feared most was KM. He just has that it factor. I was surprised he wasn't utilized more and pretty much relegated to the toss sweep. I am surprised they didn't dial up the screen pass since Auburn D Line men kept crashing down so hard. He will learn to get lower pad level leverage when he gets more plays at RB. He got hit pretty hard one time because he was standing straight up.

Kevin

If he is only going to get 10 touches a game, but him back at safety.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

HogFanatic

Quote from: FootballFanatic89 on August 31, 2014, 12:09:50 pm
Haha, Corey is one of the fastest guys in the nation. Does he have sub 4.2 speed. I can't and believe that. However, you are blind if you don't think he has speed and no, you did not shut him down. I wish Gus would use him more between the tackles. Btw, coming into the game, the guy i feared most was KM. He just has that it factor. I was surprised he wasn't utilized more and pretty much relegated to the toss sweep. I am surprised they didn't dial up the screen pass since Auburn D Line men kept crashing down so hard. He will learn to get lower pad level leverage when he gets more plays at RB. He got hit pretty hard one time because he was standing straight up.

I think it's because he is tall AND extremely fast. McFadden ran the same way.

FootballFanatic89

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on August 31, 2014, 12:11:50 pm
I think it's because he is tall AND extremely fast. McFadden ran the same way.

True. Mcfadden was tall and had deceptive strength.

hoghiker

Quote from: Kevin on August 31, 2014, 12:11:29 pm
If he is only going to get 10 touches a game, but him back at safety.
This. We need somebody back there.

PonderinHog

Quote from: hoghiker on August 31, 2014, 12:19:21 pm
This. We need somebody back there.
Would it be fair to Korliss, now?

WooPig90

Yes Korliss needs more touches but do you want to keep taking touches away from Jwill and AC?

1960'sHogFan

Maybe Marshall playing in the slot or in motion. There are plenty of ways for him to help the offense.

SPAL

He certainly has tanner English type speed