Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

Started by hawgdawg63, August 31, 2014, 10:37:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: cosmodrum on September 01, 2014, 11:27:36 am
Totally. We simply need a winner and a fighter.

It's comical to think that at one time HDN was calling Malzahn "High School" and completely dismissing him as if he was a snot nosed punk kid.  Now most people would say that HDN couldn't carry Malzahn's lunch in terms of coaching and recruiting ability.  What's even more funny, is I guarantee you Nutt tells people that he's the reason for Malzahn's success.   ;D 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on September 01, 2014, 11:32:04 am
It's comical to think that at one time HDN was calling Malzahn "High School" and completely dismissing him as if he was a snot nosed punk kid.  Now most people would say that HDN couldn't carry Malzahn's lunch in terms of coaching and recruiting ability.  What's even more funny, is I guarantee you Nutt tells people that he's the reason for Malzahn's success.   ;D 

Malzahn recently thanked Nutt during a radio interview for giving him his start...

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Pig Worshipper on September 01, 2014, 11:29:15 am
Nice post. I agree completely.
It occurs to me that the Auburn versus Texas A&M game will be a real defensive battle! About 20,000 yards of offense that day!

I think most fans agree.  Auburn is a great football team.  I think the issue is that we just proved again that we're not as close as some would like to competing on that level.  And make no mistake...that level is what we will have to achieve to do anything in this conference.  The drop off to the rest of the teams in the West ain't that big, and that's what makes it scary.  We cannot afford to drop key passes, whiff on key tackles, and turn the ball over.  We will not beat an SEC team this season if we continue that theme. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on September 01, 2014, 11:33:41 am
Malzahn recently thanked Nutt during a radio interview for giving him his start...

Lip service.  That's all I have to say about that.  If that was a start, then he was having to go in reverse before he even got going forward. 

TheRazorback500

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on August 31, 2014, 07:05:11 pm
anyone who has positive karma hasn't live in reality the past 3 years, or they are related to Rick Schaefer.
I've lived through plenty of reality. It's hurt like hell. That's why I'll endure the pains still to come because IMO we're building the program the right way.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: TheRazorback500 on September 01, 2014, 11:46:00 am
I've lived through plenty of reality. It's hurt like hell. That's why I'll endure the pains still to come because IMO we're building the program the right way.

:razorback:

Cheers to this post.  I agree, and while I know some people would rather us pay the FV police off, and get a bunch of thugs in here who love the idea of having free reign to do whatever they want, I truly think there's something to be said for our kids staying out of trouble and contributing to the community rather than tearing it down. 

Now...that's not a popular opinion on here, and some will say it's a loser's opinion.  I'm fine with that, because I still think "sportsmanship" is a value that is key to learning character and development as a human being, and unfortunately it's largely lost in today's society.  It makes me sick to go watch how adults act at kid's sporting events at times.   

I don't support "win at all costs."  Maybe I'm old school, but I believe that we can truly develop a niche here by having a program that has kids with good character, and that other kids who support those ideals will desire to come here and do things the right way.  So far, I think CBB has done that well, and "if you build it, they will come."  We'll see if it works...   

Poker_hog

Quote from: trashcan maN on September 01, 2014, 10:12:41 am
1 in 10 Hogville posters know how to run a major college football program? Seems legit..

Currently 27078 members.  Rounding up, 2708 could run the program.  Why are we paying so much for our coaches.  Gotta figure a few of these guys would provide thier expertise for much less than $4 mill a year.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on September 01, 2014, 11:35:17 am
Lip service.  That's all I have to say about that.  If that was a start, then he was having to go in reverse before he even got going forward. 

I know it was lip service. I was still disappointed in it. It did not need to be said.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: MSMHawg on August 31, 2014, 07:02:49 pm
Broyles was light years better than Long, as a AD and as a person.

You just lost whatever credibility you were beginning to build.
This is my non-signature signature.