Previous topic - Next topic

hawgdawg63

To all the posters on here,

It does not matter what we believe is the problem with our beloved football:
Coaching
Talent
AD
Conference

The program has its direction and it will get its full run. 90% of us on here do not know how to run a major college football team. However, we still have the right to come on here and voice our opinions. We must know that playing in the SEC no matter what brings in HUGE MONEY!! The stadium can be half full and it doesn't matter. What does matter are the young men that come to AR to play. Please keep their feelings in mind and know that new players thinking of AR are listening. One thing we all can do is show all the players our true LOVE FOR THE HOGS AND THE KIDS THAT WEAR THE UNIFORM.

Do I agree with all that's going on NO! I try very hard not to be to negative or to positive. I look at this program with an objective mind. At times I will rant and others praise. To the PLAYERS.....Hog fans are devoted and want nothing more than for all of you to be the best you can be. Some will rant some will praise. But in the end all Hog fans will have your back to the very end!! Stay positive and keep fighting...GO HOGS!!

Sooie71923

True. The auburn game was a WANT AD for wide receivers and defense.

We need you. If you can catch you will play at Arkansas. If you can tackle you will play. If you can cover the pass you will play.

We need you!

MSMHawg

Quote from: hawgdawg63 on August 31, 2014, 10:37:00 am

Coaching
Talent
AD
Conference

The program has its direction and it will get its full run. 90% of us on here do not know how to run a major college football team. However, we still have the right to come on here and voice our opinions. We must know that playing in the SEC no matter what brings in HUGE MONEY!! The stadium can be half full and it doesn't matter. What does matter are the young men that come to AR to play. Please keep their feelings in mind and know that new players thinking of AR are listening. One thing we all can do is show all the players our true LOVE FOR THE HOGS AND THE KIDS THAT WEAR THE UNIFORM.

Do I agree with all that's going on NO! I try very hard not to be to negative or to positive. I look at this program with an objective mind. At times I will rant and others praise. To the PLAYERS.....Hog fans are devoted and want nothing more than for all of you to be the best you can be. Some will rant some will praise. But in the end all Hog fans will have your back to the very end!! Stay positive and keep fighting...GO HOGS!!

While "we may not know how to run a D1program" we can tell when the leadership of our beloved Hogs does not know how to run one either by the results on various scoreboards, standings and records of various teams vs other teams.

swinesation

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH? Really? How long you been on hogville?

Hoggie17

Quote from: MSMHawg on August 31, 2014, 10:43:21 am
While "we may not know how to run a D1program" we can tell when the leadership of our beloved Hogs does not know how to run one either by the results on various scoreboards, standings and records of various teams vs other teams.
And we are not getting paid to run a D1 program.  We had a taste of success, now it's back to the future.

scruf

This thread has too much we.

OLDHOG

Gotta to learn how to play 4 quarters instead of 2. Just sayin.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: swinesation on August 31, 2014, 10:43:25 am

Exactly. It is this way for the two days after a loss that the knuckleheads come out. You just have to ignore them and by Tuesday all is good again at Hogville.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

HawgPound

I disagree when you say that you know when the leadership does not know how to run a program. This program was burned to the ground. It is being built up the right way. The current scoreboard and standings is temporary. If you want to really destroy the program how about we start over with a new AD and coach again? /sarcasm That will fix it right up I am sure. /end sarcasm.

Dirty

Quote from: HawgPound on August 31, 2014, 10:59:52 am
I disagree when you say that you know when the leadership does not know how to run a program. This program was burned to the ground. It is being built up the right way. The current scoreboard and standings is temporary. If you want to really destroy the program how about we start over with a new AD and coach again? That will fix it right up I am sure. /sarcasm.

How dare you come on here and make sense. ;)

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Dirty on August 31, 2014, 11:01:50 am
How dare you come on here and make sense. ;)

Yep dude only has 300+ posts and a positive karma - he needs to stop this instantly!  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

bigredone

When was the last time we had the leadership needed? Broyles, what a joke. Do you remember the Monkey with a Whistle, aka MOTHO, aka TCTWF? That was all Broyles and his great leadership keeping him going.

We had a bad second half yesterday but we are not hearing about all the crap that went on with MOTHO. I have not heard of parents meetings where the AD comes out and lies about what was discussed. We don't have the coaches buddies emailing our QB. We don't have the Head Coaches wife threatening to use a 2 by 4 on a players Mom. I've not heard of Long insisting on hiring an Offensive Coordinator from high school just to get his players.

Get some perspective. After the mess that the legend left it is taking time to clean up the entire program. Long took a shortcut with BP and we see how that worked out in the end. Now it appears that they are working on doing things right with a long term plan in place.

We could have/should have had the lead going into half time against last years runner up and the conference champion. We lost, it sucks, let's hope they are ready for the next game.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: swinesation on August 31, 2014, 10:43:25 am

Yeah. Good question
This is my non-signature signature.

bphi11ips

Good post.  We can discuss critically and still acknowledge that everyone is doing the best they can.  The players have devoted their lives to football.  Even our secondary is full of very good football players.  The challenge for them and this staff is to compete in a system where parity is compromised by geography and demographics.  There is no draft.  The challenges facing Arkansas were underscored by Auburn's superior depth and athleticism. 

Will we ever catch up athletically?  Is there a strategy to minimize the athletic disadvantage enough to win?  If history is any indication the answer is "yes" to both questions, but right now it is no wonder many fans see a hopeless situation.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Uberanubis

it not that we lost. we lose al the time. its HOW we lost that is the most disheartening. its one thing to lose respectably (which we did not) and then another to get completely shut down after the half time. THAT is in line with MOTHO. THAT is a problem. you come out and play a great first half. you shouldn't wear down after just a half. and then turn and lay 65 total yard second half. that is why people are calling for heads.

that is an embarrassment. I don't care who you play, or how you spin in it in your tiny little brain to make it sound better. EMBARASMENT.
Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

Dirty

Quote from: ChitownHawg on August 31, 2014, 11:04:16 am
Yep dude only has 300+ posts and a positive karma - he needs to stop this instantly!  ;)

he will learn.

MuskogeeHogFan

What does the "MSM" in your screen name represent? "Murray State Mafia"? Just curious.
Go Hogs Go!

ricepig

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 31, 2014, 11:21:12 am
What does the "MSM" in your screen name represent? "Murray State Mafia"? Just curious.

Mount St Mary's??

MSMHawg

Quote from: bigredone on August 31, 2014, 11:06:05 am
When was the last time we had the leadership needed? Broyles, what a joke. Do you remember the Monkey with a Whistle, aka MOTHO, aka TCTWF? That was all Broyles and his great leadership keeping him going.

We had a bad second half yesterday but we are not hearing about all the crap that went on with MOTHO. I have not heard of parents meetings where the AD comes out and lies about what was discussed. We don't have the coaches buddies emailing our QB. We don't have the Head Coaches wife threatening to use a 2 by 4 on a players Mom. I've not heard of Long insisting on hiring an Offensive Coordinator from high school just to get his players.

Get some perspective. After the mess that the legend left it is taking time to clean up the entire program. Long took a shortcut with BP and we see how that worked out in the end. Now it appears that they are working on doing things right with a long term plan in place.

We could have/should have had the lead going into half time against last years runner up and the conference champion. We lost, it sucks, let's hope they are ready for the next game.

Broyles was light years better than Long, as a AD and as a person.

Poker_hog

The program has its direction and it will get its full run. 90% of us on here do not know how to run a major college football team.

I stopped reading when you implied that 10% of the posters could run a program.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

dc10x1103

Quote from: MSMHawg on August 31, 2014, 07:02:49 pm
amen

Anybody

Did anyone else think it was ridiculous that the Razorbacks were wearing white helmets while Auburn was wearing the same?  It seems to me that our cardinal red helmets would have made our players easier to see from a quarterback's perspective, etc.

GO HOGS !

therock1

The only correction I would make to the original post is to change the 90% to 99.99%.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Poker_hog on August 31, 2014, 07:10:08 pm
I stopped reading when you implied that 10% of the posters could run a program.

Excellent stuff.  I laughed.   ;D
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

shotgun7

Quote from: Anybody on August 31, 2014, 11:47:58 pm
Did anyone else think it was ridiculous that the Razorbacks were wearing white helmets while Auburn was wearing the same?  It seems to me that our cardinal red helmets would have made our players easier to see from a quarterback's perspective, etc.

GO HOGS !

Didn't seem to be a problem as our WR were getting hit in the hands and the numbers more often than not. Don't think the helmet color affects ones ability to catch the ball.  ;)

gchamblee

Quote from: MSMHawg on August 31, 2014, 07:02:49 pm

I cant stand when people try to discuss a subject they know nothing about. I am embarrassed that we both cheer for the same team.

gchamblee

GO HOGS !

I suppose that is what I would be concerned with if football was a subject that confused me.

hobhog

I'm still laughing at the "90% on here don't know how to run a D1 program". So 10% do?

Funny....

bigredone

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 31, 2014, 11:21:12 am

Obviously a member in good standing of the Murray State Mafia....Anyone that can defend anything pertaining to the MOTHO years has to be a patched in member.

Dirty

GO HOGS !

What?  BA only INT was because he was hit while he was throwing.  As for your statement, it is wrong.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

No you can't... I can, but you can't... ;)
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Dirty on September 01, 2014, 08:49:38 am
What?  BA only INT was because he was hit while he was throwing.  As for your statement, it is wrong.

Yep he started a new thread on this subject. White hats must bother him.  ;D

Dirty

Quote from: ChitownHawg on September 01, 2014, 08:51:39 am
Yep he started a new thread on this subject. White hats must bother him.  ;D

His next statement would be the hogs would have run better, if we switched to red helmets at halftime.

three hog night

Quote from: ChitownHawg on August 31, 2014, 10:59:35 am
Exactly. It is this way for the two days after a loss that the knuckleheads come out. You just have to ignore them and by Tuesday all is good again at Hogville.

unfortunately the knuckleheads create the perception by flooding the board with stupidity.   Why does Hogville allow that to happen?
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

DLUXHOG

Unfortunately, there are several who don't realize that Hog winning or losing, simply doesn't change the outcome if their lives... as we all are only going to grow a little older and someday die.. if you know Jesus, you will then be in heaven or paradise for eternity.... nothing is going to change this outcome...

It's pitiful behavior, however, like the earlier poster said, just ignore these complainers, whiners, & moaners...   College Sports exist for a variety of reasons, but initially they existed for the overall development of the student...
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

three hog night

Quote from: HawgPound on August 31, 2014, 10:59:52 am
I disagree when you say that you know when the leadership does not know how to run a program. This program was burned to the ground. It is being built up the right way. The current scoreboard and standings is temporary. If you want to really destroy the program how about we start over with a new AD and coach again? /sarcasm That will fix it right up I am sure. /end sarcasm.

Bingo
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

bigredone

Quote from: DLUXHOG on September 01, 2014, 09:01:49 am
Unfortunately, there are several who don't realize that Hog winning or losing, simply doesn't change the outcome if their lives... as we all are only going to grow a little older and someday die.. if you know Jesus, you will then be in heaven or paradise for eternity.... nothing is going to change this outcome...

It's pitiful behavior, however, like the earlier poster said, just ignore these complainers, whiners, & moaners...   College Sports exist for a variety of reasons, but initially they existed for the overall development of the student...

I think part of the problem is how many "Sports Investors" we have. They think they are better than Vegas at picking scores and winners and end up losing money they cannot afford to lose. When that happens it cannot possibly be that we were up against a better team (than they thought) or that our team is not quite as good (again, as they thought). It has to be somebody screwed the pooch and it could not possibly be them.

I want the Hogs to win as much as anybody but I refuse to let it ruin my day. I am not embarrassed by CBB and his staff, or the players who wanted to win more than any of us. CBB will be judged by his won/loss record but it will take a couple of more years before the adults make that decision.

The last time I was really embarrassed about the Hogs was during the MOTHO years. It didn't matter win or lose, having that mutt associated with our program was an embarrassment. FB lost any credibility with me over his defense of the guy he didn't want to hire in the first place.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: bigredone on September 01, 2014, 09:24:12 am
I think part of the problem is how many "Sports Investors" we have. They think they are better than Vegas at picking scores and winners and end up losing money they cannot afford to lose. .......

No one should bet money they would miss if they wiped their azz with it...
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

MSMHawg

Quote from: gchamblee on September 01, 2014, 02:50:11 am
I cant stand when people try to discuss a subject they know nothing about. I am embarrassed that we both cheer for the same team.

I know them both, much better than you obviously. Brooke's a gentleman, other guy not so much

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: Uberanubis on August 31, 2014, 11:16:59 am
it not that we lost. we lose al the time. its HOW we lost that is the most disheartening. its one thing to lose respectably (which we did not) and then another to get completely shut down after the half time. THAT is in line with MOTHO. THAT is a problem. you come out and play a great first half. you shouldn't wear down after just a half. and then turn and lay 65 total yard second half. that is why people are calling for heads.

that is an embarrassment. I don't care who you play, or how you spin in it in your tiny little brain to make it sound better. EMBARASMENT.

So scoring 21 points on the National Runner-Up is an embarrassment, huh?
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

trashcan maN

1 in 10 Hogville posters know how to run a major college football program? Seems legit..

ChitownHawg

Quote from: trashcan maN on September 01, 2014, 10:12:41 am
1 in 10 Hogville posters know how to run a major college football program? Seems legit..

Well I will go on record as saying I am not one of the 1 in 10. Of course most of you already knew that from my posts.  ;)

Ex-Trumpet

Coaching
Talent
AD
Conference

So, you actually think that 10% of the posters on here actually know how to run a major college team?!?!  :)
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

HVHog

Quote from: Uberanubis on August 31, 2014, 11:16:59 am

This +1

judgeroyswine

This forum is called Monday Morning Quarterback. Griping and second guessing is the nature of that phrase.

FWIW, we have the 2nd longest losing streak in FBS, 10 games. Whatever the reasons, that needs to change...and against SEC competition, not just the Nicholl States of the world.
Overcoming the gloom, despair, and agony of Hog fandom since 1961.

FANONTHEHILL

We are not the only team that Auburn will roll over this year.  We are a work in progress.  We will be more competitive, but while we are working to be respectable, Auburn is working to make the 4 team playoff. It's just a fact. I'm proud of our guys and the direction we're headed.  Last year down 21-7 we fold. Need to catch the ball on offense. Our weaknesses on defense coverage and open field tackling are exposed by a team like Auburn more than any other.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

cosmodrum

Quote from: judgeroyswine on September 01, 2014, 10:33:26 am
This forum is called Monday Morning Quarterback. Griping and second guessing is the nature of that phrase.

FWIW, we have the 2nd longest losing streak in FBS, 10 games. Whatever the reasons, that needs to change...and against SEC competition, not just the Nicholl States of the world.

Nicholls St may beat us. UCA almost beat TTech and TTech is apparently going to score 300 points on us. Since UCA and Nicholls St are in the same conference they are basically on the same level. We should win, but UCA would beat us by double digits.
Go away, batin'

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: cosmodrum on September 01, 2014, 11:00:17 am
Nicholls St may beat us. UCA almost beat TTech and TTech is apparently going to score 300 points on us. Since UCA and Nicholls St are in the same conference they are basically on the same level. We should win, but UCA would beat us by double digits.

So, based on what you're inferring, it seems safe to say that you support the stance of, "Bring back Nutt."   :D   
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

cosmodrum

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on September 01, 2014, 11:23:44 am
So, based on what you're inferring, it seems safe to say that you support the stance of, "Bring back Nutt."   :D   

Totally. We simply need a winner and a fighter.
Go away, batin'

Pig Worshipper

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on September 01, 2014, 10:54:17 am
We are not the only team that Auburn will roll over this year.  We are a work in progress.  We will be more competitive, but while we are working to be respectable, Auburn is working to make the 4 team playoff. It's just a fact. I'm proud of our guys and the direction we're headed.  Last year down 21-7 we fold. Need to catch the ball on offense. Our weaknesses on defense coverage and open field tackling are exposed by a team like Auburn more than any other.
Nice post. I agree completely.
It occurs to me that the Auburn versus Texas A&M game will be a real defensive battle! About 20,000 yards of offense that day!