Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Game Thoughts

Started by hawgsalot, August 31, 2014, 09:01:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgsalot

First want to say congrats to Aubby your team is loaded on offense your D is still suspect in opine but your the best team in the west.

Two plays really killed our chances.  Keon dropping the absolutely perfect thrown bomb TD and Hunter Henry complete whiff getting BA killed and ofcourse the ball flutters right to a wide open defender.  Horrible on both accounts and thats a 14point swing and could have been a 21 point swing.

Tough game for this team opening on the plains but we have plenty to be happy about.

Loved how we came out and ran with authority, our oline is going to be scary next year and I mean stupid scary next year.  We are much better this year.

BA can play and he played a good game regardless of what the debbie downers on this board say and have predicted.  The kid played with moxie, managed the pocket really well and threw the ball with zip and where it needed to be.  Big improvement.

WRs geez we have very few bright spots, BA should have had over 300yd passing and two more tds.  We need you KJ we need you JO JO, we need you pettaway. 

TEs catch the dang ball and at least slow a defender down a little that's all you have to do goodness gracious.

RBs sorry we panicked and didn't stick with you in the 2nd half.

DLine maybe the heat, pace or just the multitude of options but you can't give it up in the 2nd half like that come on we know your better than that, you were last year.

Corners/Safetys have got to get better with recruiting.  It's hard to judge this game because of the 2 headed QB and having to play the WRs and the run game pressure Aubby put on them.  Either way big F and if you can't play better than that, play all the freshmen.  One thing I did like was that our guys struck when the got to the ball, big improvement.  We did tackle in the face with force and thats a start.

LBs Ellis is a stud, Spraight is a stud the others we'll the jury is still out but they played decent until they were completely worn out.

Overall almost exactly how I though it would go, I knew we could hang toe to toe until the depth had to show it's face in a stupid hot and humid stadium.  The drop by keon really hurt us not having the lead going into the half.  Cheney fell in love with the pass to play catch up and it gave them hope.  HORRIBLE 2nd half Cheney, break their will with the run then play action like the 1st half.  We don't have the WRs yet to do that.  We're going to win 6 games, we're good enough.  A&M will kill us but the rest of the schedule is going to be toe to toe and there's not a lot of difference between 6 wins and 8 right now if we get just a tad better.

Lanny

Good post,

Critical and very well thought.

Thanks
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

hogcard1964

We'll win more than 6 games.

hawg IQ

Quote from: hawgsalot on August 31, 2014, 09:01:11 am
First want to say congrats to Aubby your team is loaded on offense your D is still suspect in opine but your the best team in the west.

Two plays really killed our chances.  Keon dropping the absolutely perfect thrown bomb TD and Hunter Henry complete whiff getting BA killed and ofcourse the ball flutters right to a wide open defender.  Horrible on both accounts and thats a 14point swing and could have been a 21 point swing.

Tough game for this team opening on the plains but we have plenty to be happy about.

Loved how we came out and ran with authority, our oline is going to be scary next year and I mean stupid scary next year.  We are much better this year.

BA can play and he played a good game regardless of what the debbie downers on this board say and have predicted.  The kid played with moxie, managed the pocket really well and threw the ball with zip and where it needed to be.  Big improvement.

WRs geez we have very few bright spots, BA should have had over 300yd passing and two more tds.  We need you KJ we need you JO JO, we need you pettaway. 

TEs catch the dang ball and at least slow a defender down a little that's all you have to do goodness gracious.

RBs sorry we panicked and didn't stick with you in the 2nd half.

DLine maybe the heat, pace or just the multitude of options but you can't give it up in the 2nd half like that come on we know your better than that, you were last year.

Corners/Safetys have got to get better with recruiting.  It's hard to judge this game because of the 2 headed QB and having to play the WRs and the run game pressure Aubby put on them.  Either way big F and if you can't play better than that, play all the freshmen.  One thing I did like was that our guys struck when the got to the ball, big improvement.  We did tackle in the face with force and thats a start.

LBs Ellis is a stud, Spraight is a stud the others we'll the jury is still out but they played decent until they were completely worn out.

Overall almost exactly how I though it would go, I knew we could hang toe to toe until the depth had to show it's face in a stupid hot and humid stadium.  The drop by keon really hurt us not having the lead going into the half.  Cheney fell in love with the pass to play catch up and it gave them hope.  HORRIBLE 2nd half Cheney, break their will with the run then play action like the 1st half.  We don't have the WRs yet to do that.  We're going to win 6 games, we're good enough.  A&M will kill us but the rest of the schedule is going to be toe to toe and there's not a lot of difference between 6 wins and 8 right now if we get just a tad better.

Reading your post, one would think we won. Listen it was 21-21 at the half they made adjustments and shut us down, we went into la-la land and didn't adjust zilch?
I agree talent wise we looked better, but coaching wise same old crap we saw last year, especially 2nd half.
B Allen is not better, but much the same.  Offensively we are still pretty much one dimensional. And all the talk of recruiting top notch O Linemen, well they got whipped a bunch of times yesterday. Special teams...are you kidding we can't try a field goal from their 32 yard line. did I not read recently we had hit 7-10 beyond the 50?

Are we an improved team from last year...is that saying a lot, we were 3-9 last year. The slogan #1-0 WPS is looking more like # 0- something and dragging our tails behind us.
I think by and large most folks though Auburn would win, but 2nd half effort from coaches, players alike was a huge let down.
go hogs go !

Capt. Hamm

We played a really good team, and gave them all they wanted for the first half. We weren't even supposed to be in the game.
I think the reason so many are upset is because we did play with them for a half. We just didn't have the depth needed to finish this game.
We are better than last year. Looking forward to watching these Hogs this season.

three hog night

Quote from: Capt. Hamm on August 31, 2014, 09:42:26 am
We played a really good team, and gave them all they wanted for the first half. We weren't even supposed to be in the game.
I think the reason so many are upset is because we did play with them for a half. We just didn't have the depth needed to finish this game.
We are better than last year. Looking forward to watching these Hogs this season.

We are really needing safeties and corners that are SEC quality.   We have some young players that may fit the bill but they are too inexperienced to play an AU offense in the first game.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

hawgsalot

Quote from: hawg IQ on August 31, 2014, 09:20:39 am
Reading your post, one would think we won. Listen it was 21-21 at the half they made adjustments and shut us down, we went into la-la land and didn't adjust zilch?
I agree talent wise we looked better, but coaching wise same old crap we saw last year, especially 2nd half.
B Allen is not better, but much the same.  Offensively we are still pretty much one dimensional. And all the talk of recruiting top notch O Linemen, well they got whipped a bunch of times yesterday. Special teams...are you kidding we can't try a field goal from their 32 yard line. did I not read recently we had hit 7-10 beyond the 50?

Are we an improved team from last year...is that saying a lot, we were 3-9 last year. The slogan #1-0 WPS is looking more like # 0- something and dragging our tails behind us.
I think by and large most folks though Auburn would win, but 2nd half effort from coaches, players alike was a huge let down.

Ah yea BA isn't better you lost me right there, he is tons better and a blind man can see that.

three hog night

BA impressed the national media but we have fans that don't know squat about FB that are discounting his improvement.  BA is a good QB that will become quite good as the year progresses.   We have some fans that need to find another team to root for.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.