Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We needed some cupcakes at the beginning of the year...

Started by online-with-swine, August 31, 2014, 07:59:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

online-with-swine

not freakin' Auburn.  We have some nice young talent that could have really used a chance to cut their teeth on some weaker teams.  Over the next couple weeks, I believe we will see more and more freshmen/redshirt freshmen playing.  They will provide a little more speed and talent at WR and in the secondary.  We have playmakers, it's unfortunately young and inexperienced.

texas tush hog

Quote from: online-with-swine on August 31, 2014, 07:59:50 am
not freakin' Auburn.  We have some nice young talent that could have really used a chance to cut their teeth on some weaker teams.  Over the next couple weeks, I believe we will see more and more freshmen/redshirt freshmen playing.  They will provide a little more speed and talent at WR and in the secondary.  We have playmakers, it's unfortunately young and inexperienced.

It might not have hurt.

Poker_hog

Nah, this well help tremendously when we play ttu.  We've played a real game, they play uca and utep
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

pfrg999

If you're having to BUY victories.. That doesn't make you a championship team.. Just a rich one...
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

ZERO

I feel that we were going to lose to Auburn by three touchdowns no matter what. Might as well have gotten it out of the way early.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

Cure

No they needed a measuring stick and to get punched in the mouth early, so now they will know that they need to take the fight to their opponent all game.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

hawganatic

I like that we got hit in the mouth early in the season.  Auburn would probably have been a loss this season regardless of when we played them.

A lot of lessons to take from the game yesterday that can make us a better team for TT and A&M.

Hoggish1

Quote from: online-with-swine on August 31, 2014, 07:59:50 am

Absolutely don't agree about the first game needing to be a cupcake.

This one will pay the biggest dividends going forward since we learned where those mentioned in the rest of your post are needed to be inserted.

We would not have learned that without a real test in game one.

three hog night

This was a good test as a first game that forced the team to focus during the off season.  The HOGS are obviously better than outsiders had thought.  We have a lot of talent that needs to get some snaps and experience.  TT barely beat UCA.   TT is nowhere near the same team as AU.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

Sooie71923

I prefer a sugar free diet of no cupcakes. Quality opponents make you better. Cupcakes just make you feel good.

Auburn game was good for this team. We are battle tested against the best offense in the country. We were exposed and know what to work on for the rest of the year.

Glad we know what to work on after game 1 instead of game 4. More practices to get it right during the season.