Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Texas Tech 42 UCA 35 final

Started by bigpigpimpin, August 30, 2014, 09:46:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BorderPatrol

cosmodrum

I'm telling y'all, we are going to manhandle TTech.
Go away, batin'

COVELANDING HOG

Hope we don't lose to TT by more than 7........

Hogeration

UCA intercepted a couple passes.  Hope our corners are at least as good as UCA's.

Fayettechill14

Quote from: Hogeration on August 30, 2014, 09:51:44 pm
UCA intercepted a couple passes.  Hope our corners are at least as good as UCA's.

Well, crap.

;)

Hogarusa

There will be many points scored..  Texas Tech ran 90 plays, had 15 penalties, gained 635 total yards, and lost the TOP by almost 8 minutes
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Fayettechill14

UCA ran for 178 yards and threw the ball pretty well (24/40, 228 yards). I think we could hang 40 on them. We'd only need a few stops to win.

WBC Hog

I think Tech is a very winnable game. Especially if we don't forget to run the ball in the second half.

Some added pressure on the TT game now.

kodiakisland

TT threw more than 50 times.  I don't like anyones odds throwing against us that much.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

kodiakisland

I don't think we lose, but I don't like the idea of anyone throwing 50+ times on us.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

Uberanubis

Quote from: cosmodrum on August 30, 2014, 09:47:36 pm
I'm telling y'all, we are going to manhandle TTech.

just like a lot of people started thinking we were going to man handle Auburn? just like vandy man handle temple? big stretch. that game will be a track meet, one I don't think we win.
Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

Ben

Uca converted on 6/6 4th downs....their RB was drilling them. Qb too.
Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.
Opinion polls produce... opinions.

Fayettechill14

Quote from: Ben on August 30, 2014, 10:52:45 pm
Uca converted on 6/6 4th downs....their RB was drilling them. Qb too.

Well then we're gonna have to quit punting from the opponent 35.

Hogeration

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on August 30, 2014, 10:55:46 pm
Well then we're gonna have to quit punting from the opponent 35.
And stop playing against teams that have QBs with arms.

redeye

Quote from: Uberanubis on August 30, 2014, 10:46:20 pm
just like a lot of people started thinking we were going to man handle Auburn? just like vandy man handle temple? big stretch. that game will be a track meet, one I don't think we win.

Big difference between Auburn and Texas Tech, imo.  TT has had some good teams, but I think we tend to give them too much credit.  If our defense can keep them from hanging more then 35 on us, then our offense should have little trouble wearing their defense out.

Fayettechill14

Quote from: Hogeration on August 30, 2014, 11:02:21 pm
And stop playing against teams that have QBs with arms.

Well, to be honest, not every team will have a ridiculous run threat that requires our full attention. We can focus on stopping the pass with Tech.

Hollywood_HOGan45

I sure hope we can beat Texas tech.
I'm growing very tired if losing football games.

Uberanubis

Quote from: redeye on August 30, 2014, 11:03:17 pm
Big difference between Auburn and Texas Tech, imo.  TT has had some good teams, but I think we tend to give them too much credit.  If our defense can keep them from hanging more then 35 on us, then our offense should have little trouble wearing their defense out.

I remember hearing some thing to the effect of we were wearing auburn out at the end of the first half.........and you see how well that turned out for us.
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

redeye

Quote from: Uberanubis on August 30, 2014, 11:07:30 pm
I remember hearing some thing to the effect of we were wearing auburn out at the end of the first half.........and you see how well that turned out for us.

Again, there's a big difference between Auburn and TT.  Auburn is very talented and deep, so they're hard to wear out.  On top of that, you can't wear them out, if you don't run them down, and our passing game wouldn't give our running game the opportunity to do that.

I don't know much about this TT team, but I suspect we'll be able to run on them regardless of they do.  And if our defense can hinder their passing game some, then it's all over.

PorkRinds

I wandered over to the TT boards just out of curiosity. There was a thread that said something to the effect of "if this happens with UCA how many heard will real arkansas run for against us?"  One of the first answers was "probably a million". Their board is in melt down mode. They expected a runaway and got a tough game with UCA.

Calling All Hogs

If we hadn't offered Korliss, UCA might have won!

Quickdraw

We are going to be a lot better football team before the season is over. I imagine a lot of freshmen will get the chance to prove themselves worthy of some playing time.

lefty08

Our starting front line did manhandle AU. We need depth, which we already knew. U cant build sec depth in less than 2 recruiting classes
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Hogwild

box score #s

TxTech
39/52 452 yards 4TDs 2 Int

(11 catches 184 yards 2 Tds was to Marquez)

Central AK
40 passes/54 rushes  ::) They ran 94 plays!!!

cosmodrum

So we're really no better than UCA. Got it.

I hope we can beat Nichols St.
Go away, batin'

GoHogs1091

Quote from: PorkRinds on August 30, 2014, 11:25:45 pm
I wandered over to the TT boards just out of curiosity. There was a thread that said something to the effect of "if this happens with UCA how many heard will real arkansas run for against us?"  One of the first answers was "probably a million". Their board is in melt down mode. They expected a runaway and got a tough game with UCA.

I went over and looked at them too, and they are really worried about what the Hogs will do to them in a couple of weeks. 

They faced a well coached UCA team tonight.  One of the comments I saw was that UCA reminded them of a Bill Snyder coached team (meaning no/few mistakes and no/few penalties).

Seminole Indian

That was a fun game to watch, and a number of FBS teams struggled with FCS teams yesterday.

"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

zane

RIP LSUfan

BorderPatrol

Quote from: Hogwild on August 31, 2014, 02:11:40 am
box score #s

TxTech
39/52 452 yards 4TDs 2 Int

(11 catches 184 yards 2 Tds was to Marquez)

Central AK
40 passes/54 rushes  ::) They ran 94 plays!!!

Whoa, that Central Alaska team really played them tough.

Must have been a good game. Too bad we don't get the Big12 network. I would have liked to have seen some of that game

bp

TNRazorbacker

This, I don't like the idea of being in a track meet with anyone. Just  doesn't lend well given our style of play and present weaknesses.

We have no real receiving threats. We have a ball control offense very dependent on the run. For this reason If we have a bad down or a penalty and get behind the sticks our conversion on 3rd down is unlikely.

Combine this with our defense that is abysmal in the secondary, against a team that makes a living hammering the scoreboard with their passing game, and you get a matchup that doesn't look good for us.

If  this game turns into a 90 point track meet we probably won't win it. The chips just aren't stacked in our favor.

three hog night

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on August 30, 2014, 09:54:30 pm
UCA ran for 178 yards and threw the ball pretty well (24/40, 228 yards). I think we could hang 40 on them. We'd only need a few stops to win.

Former Hog Taylor Reed looked quite good at QB for UCA.  TT has an awful defense and I don't think their Oline will handle our Def Line.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

three hog night

Quote from: Quickdraw on August 30, 2014, 11:54:55 pm
We are going to be a lot better football team before the season is over. I imagine a lot of freshmen will get the chance to prove themselves worthy of some playing time.

We are going to play a lot of young players over the next 3 games before aTm.   We will improve a lot and the team has real confidence in the Oline and Brandon Allen.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: PorkRinds on August 30, 2014, 11:25:45 pm

PorkHinds, That's how it works with crazy fan bases. Hogs dealt with the heat in Auburn and I see them having no trouble in Lubbock. We may have 300+ rushing yards and 200+ passing yards.

SoCal Hog

I didn't see this game, but I wonder how "vanilla" TT played it? Maybe they didn't want to show too much. Anyone have any insights on this?
Most of our friends agree that I married better than my wife did.

Poop Hoggy Hogg

Quote from: COVELANDING HOG on August 30, 2014, 09:50:52 pm
Hope we don't lose to TT by more than 7........

uca is FCS, so this would be worse than when ULM beat us and A-State beat them by 30 points the following week.

RedSkiesAtNightHog

Quote from: SoCal Hog on August 31, 2014, 11:40:29 am
I didn't see this game, but I wonder how "vanilla" TT played it? Maybe they didn't want to show too much. Anyone have any insights on this?

I watched most of the game due to the weather delay for Arkansas.  Tech was desperately hanging on to win.  The Tech D could not stop the UCA ground game.  If Marquez for Tech does not make a couple of big plays catching the ball, they probably lose. 

This is a very winnable road game against a Big 12 opponent. 

GlassofSwine

Quote from: SoCal Hog on August 31, 2014, 11:40:29 am

They might have tried to play Vanilla in the first half but when UCA was ahead 16-7 in the 2nd quarter I am pretty sure they got into gear and even then UCA pretty much  matched them.
   Tech doesn't have the offensive line or wide receivers of Auburn. Their defense is one of the worst against the run in the country. I think our back 7 will struggle with them and give up some big plays but Tech is not going to be as physical of a game as Auburn. Hopefully, the experience at Auburn in the first half will teach us to be better against the pass. I think we can win at Lubbock.

HognotinMemphis

UCA's defense is better than the Hogs'.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Uberanubis

Quote from: three hog night on August 31, 2014, 08:40:53 am
We are going to play a lot of young players over the next 3 games before aTm.   We will improve a lot and the team has real confidence in the Oline and Brandon Allen.

if this is the case and the younger guys are better, why did we not play them yesterday? why did we go with "a more experienced skill player set" then talent?

Danny J

Quote from: TNRazorbacker on August 31, 2014, 08:37:10 am
This, I don't like the idea of being in a track meet with anyone. Just  doesn't lend well given our style of play and present weaknesses.

We have no real receiving threats. We have a ball control offense very dependent on the run. For this reason If we have a bad down or a penalty and get behind the sticks our conversion on 3rd down is unlikely.

Combine this with our defense that is abysmal in the secondary, against a team that makes a living hammering the scoreboard with their passing game, and you get a matchup that doesn't look good for us.

If  this game turns into a 90 point track meet we probably won't win it. The chips just aren't stacked in our favor.
Agreed....

How anybody likes our chances against a team that likes to run that many plays and likes to air it out like they do is beyond me although as I get older I willingly admit more and more things are.

Our two biggest problems are:

Lack of depth
Lack of a SEC caliber secondary..hell...lack of a Big 12 caliber secondary

So to rehash....we are playing a team that wants to run 90+ plays a game without allowing the opposing D to sub in and out and also likes to throw it all over the field. Just doesn't appear on paper to be a favorable matchup. Now....next year might be a different story. Hell....even later in the season might be a different story. Two weeks from now there likely won't be that many changes except possibly getting a couple guys back in the secondary. I hope Mitchell is ready by then. That would certainly help.

Danny J

Quote from: HoginMemphis on August 31, 2014, 01:18:30 pm
I watched the game last night and their secondary is much better than ours and no....I am not kidding.

RedSkiesAtNightHog

Quote from: HoginMemphis on August 31, 2014, 01:18:30 pm

Disagree HIM.  UCA has 63 scholarships as an FCS team.  Their D line is not as good as Arkansas.  Plus, Texas Tech will not be able to run the ball on Arkansas the way Auburn did.  The Tech O line is average based on their performance against the UCA D line. 

The Arkansas pass rush from the defensive ends will really effect Davis Webb and rush his throws.  He is a very tall, non mobile quarterback.  No running threat at all.   

SoCal Hog

Quote from: RedSkiesAtNightHog on August 31, 2014, 01:09:04 pm
I watched most of the game due to the weather delay for Arkansas.  Tech was desperately hanging on to win.  The Tech D could not stop the UCA ground game.  If Marquez for Tech does not make a couple of big plays catching the ball, they probably lose. 

This is a very winnable road game against a Big 12 opponent.
Thanks. This was helpful info.

SoCal Hog

Quote from: GlassofSwine on August 31, 2014, 01:15:37 pm
  They might have tried to play Vanilla in the first half but when UCA was ahead 16-7 in the 2nd quarter I am pretty sure they got into gear and even then UCA pretty much  matched them.
   Tech doesn't have the offensive line or wide receivers of Auburn. Their defense is one of the worst against the run in the country. I think our back 7 will struggle with them and give up some big plays but Tech is not going to be as physical of a game as Auburn. Hopefully, the experience at Auburn in the first half will teach us to be better against the pass. I think we can win at Lubbock.
Good info. I appreciate the response.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Danny J on August 31, 2014, 01:27:21 pm
I watched the game last night and their secondary is much better than ours and no....I am not kidding.
I know. I was serious when I said UCA's defense is better than ours. Our D would struggle against a top juco team. Us Hog fans are going to see a lot more of what we saw last year...30+ points given up most games, certainly in SEC play and an extending of the record-setting conference losing streak. Arkansas is no Wisconsin. First of all, Bielema had his team set up by Alvarez. Secondly and more importantly, Wisc is has twice the population of Arkansas and their HS football is far superior on a statewide basis. Bielema is not going to come in here and make us a winner...not in 2 years, not in 10, unless he is great at out of state recruiting. And by great, I mean top 2 or 3 in the country.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on August 31, 2014, 11:25:50 am
PorkHinds, That's how it works with crazy fan bases. Hogs dealt with the heat in Auburn and I see them having no trouble in Lubbock. We may have 300+ rushing yards and 200+ passing yards.
That's great. That combined offensive yardage will be just a couple hundred short of the passing yardage that Tech will have against us.

Augustus

Does anybody have a link for the Texas Tech board?  I'd like to mosey on over and check out what they're saying

wupigsuey

Im hoping we can get better pressure with our front 4 than we did last night.
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.