Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs will win the next 3 games

Started by bigpigpimpin, August 30, 2014, 08:41:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigpigpimpin

Still don't think we are a good team, but we are better than the next 3 teams we play.

HiggiePiggy

I will agree with winning the next game, but not sure on the next 3 games.   Texas Tech on the road isn't going to be a give me game. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

zane

RIP LSUfan

elksnort

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on August 30, 2014, 08:41:24 pm
Still don't think we are a good team, but we are better than the next 3 teams we play.
Agree.

We seem very weak at DBs and receivers, but strong on the line and backs.

It's time for Arkansas win a darn football game. I expect it next Saturday.

ricepig

Quote from: Al Boarland on August 30, 2014, 08:50:36 pm
My greatest concern is that CBB put so much into this particular game.  All of spring and fall camp was about "shocking the world" and beating Auburn.  The boys bought in and I want that to continue. 

A LOT of teaching/learning moments tonight for both players and coaches.

It was the first game, everyone puts a lot of energy, emotion, and effort into the first game, especially conference ones. Now, what about the Colonels, got the scouting report?

elksnort

Auburn's skill at RB and especially receivers was too much for our back 7. Do we really have the talent back there on the team?

If we do, play them in spite of experience.

Al Boarland

Quote from: ricepig on August 30, 2014, 08:53:07 pm
It was the first game, everyone puts a lot of energy, emotion, and effort into the first game, especially conference ones. Now, what about the Colonels, got the scouting report?

I'm about to start really digging into that one.  They have some playmakers.  Right now, I'm just not really in the mood. 

lefty08

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on August 30, 2014, 08:43:33 pm
I will agree with winning the next game, but not sure on the next 3 games.   Texas Tech on the road isn't going to be a give me game.

they are about to lose to UCA at home.....
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

AugustaHog

Tech can't wait for our D to get to Lubbock.  They will work us if we don't figure it out.  I still don't know what our purpose was on D.  We just looked lost.  Our O has to click at a high rate to make this a shoot out.  We can't afford a loss there if we want a bowl.  We will struggle for 2 conference wins , and 3 seems implausible after watching the weekend's games.  Hate to say it guys, but this will be a tough season.  Better things to come boys!

Tusks

If the hogs play at Ttech better than they played today they will roll tech.  Just don't drop passes and they will score 35 on tech in the 1st half.

50K in lubbock ain't 90K at the village.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

lefty08

Quote from: elksnort on August 30, 2014, 08:55:49 pm
Auburn's skill at RB and especially receivers was too much for our back 7. Do we really have the talent back there on the team?

their receivers a might be the best duo we face this year too. they tacked on a couple late scores. although the gane was never in doubt in the 4th, it was closer than the score indicates if u look at the game as a whole. i see improvement
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.

ricepig

Quote from: elksnort on August 30, 2014, 08:55:49 pm

Yep, we need more speed at DB.

lefty08

Quote from: AugustaHog on August 30, 2014, 08:57:52 pm
Tech can't wait for our D to get to Lubbock.  They will work us if we don't figure it out.  I still don't know what our purpose was on D.  We just looked lost.  Our O has to click at a high rate to make this a shoot out.  We can't afford a loss there if we want a bowl.  We will struggle for 2 conference wins , and 3 seems implausible after watching the weekend's games.  Hate to say it guys, but this will be a tough season.  Better things to come boys!

turn to fox sports ohio, UCA is playing them close. I dont think tech wants to see us anytime soon

BatesvilleHOG

Arkansas will demolish TTech. They can barely handle UCA at home. They won't have an answer for when Collins, Williams, and Marshall come to town. Will be hard for Webb to pick us apart with Philon/Flowers/Wise/Johnson in the back field constantly.

Fayettechill14

Auburn has more talent at WR than Texas Tech. I also think we can hange 35 on Tech's defense.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on August 30, 2014, 08:41:24 pm

Agreed. Gotta beat the non conference games, Mizzou, and someone else.

If Arkansas has 5 wins going into Thanksgiving, that Mizzou game might get important a lot faster than many of us thought.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Hogarusa

Quote from: lefty08 on August 30, 2014, 09:00:14 pm
turn to fox sports ohio, UCA is playing them close. I dont think tech wants to see us anytime soon

Texas Tech-UCA are on Fox Sports Ohio?
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

hogblade

Quote from: BatesvilleHOG on August 30, 2014, 09:06:19 pm
Arkansas will demolish TTech. They can barely handle UCA at home. They won't have an answer for when Collins, Williams, and Marshall come to town. Will be hard for Webb to pick us apart with Philon/Flowers/Wise/Johnson in the back field constantly.

UCA also played Colorado close last year, and Colorado played Utah close who beat #5 Stanford last year. You know what that means? nothing.

Texas Tech's strength- their offense is made to shred our biggest weakness, our secondary.

We will run all over Tech for sure, but can we score 40-50 points in a shootout with them. Doubtful, which is why what is going on tonight with UCA means nothing, because Tech is still doing what they always do throw on everyone.

EastexHawg

Quote from: elksnort on August 30, 2014, 08:43:58 pm
Agree.
I expect it next Saturday.

Don't worry.  Air Force just put 558 yards and 44 points on Nicholls State.  They are horrifically bad.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: lefty08 on August 30, 2014, 08:57:11 pm
they are about to lose to UCA at home.....

41-28.  I'm pretty sure they aren't going to lose that one.  Our defense is still suspect.  Until that is better we probably won't win any shoot out games.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

hogblade

Davis Webb has started 6 games in his career, and he has thrown for 400 yards in 4 out of the 6.  He only threw for 385 against Oklahoma with 62% accuracy though. He got benched in the other game and only played a half after struggling by only going 13/20 for 78 yards versus Kansas St in the first half last year.

This dude is going to throw for 500 yards against us if it stays competitive throughout the game, which I hope it does.

I hope we can run for 500 yards against them, but we shall see.

fakebobholt

Quote from: lefty08 on August 30, 2014, 08:59:10 pm

their receivers a might be the best duo we face this year too. they tacked on a couple late scores. although the gane was never in doubt in the 4th, it was closer than the score indicates if u look at the game as a whole. i see improvement

So the game was closer than it looked. We had 2 or 3 first downs in the second half and less that 40 yards. You cant believe what you typed, if anything it could have been 2 scores and 700 yards instead of 600 yards. Your only as good as your record, excuses arent used in sports.

lefty08

Quote from: fakebobholt on August 30, 2014, 09:57:55 pm
So the game was closer than it looked. We had 2 or 3 first downs in the second half and less that 40 yards. You cant believe what you typed, if anything it could have been 2 scores and 700 yards instead of 600 yards. Your only as good as your record, excuses arent used in sports.

For the love of everything holy, will you find your own $%$%^ teams board and quit saying the same %%^^^ thing in every thread on this one?  Your schtick is played, you arent remotely funny, and your whole act is pathetic and tired. pretty much like this entire board. I think Jaime Jones was onto something. Later guys.

P.S. and to the mods, wherever you might be........clean this darn up or their wont be anyone left but petrino supporters, Gus honks, and fans of the other teams

PorkRinds

Quote from: fakebobholt on August 30, 2014, 09:57:55 pm

You should not Be posting. You lost the bet.

lefty08

oh and they scored 2 TDs in the final 9 minutes after an hour and a half rain delay, yeah the game was coser than the score indicates, perhaps you missed the part where i aid the outcome was never in doubt?

songofthesword

i don't think you realize how athletic / big / fast the WR's we played today are. Coats and Williams are going to play on sundays, for a very long time.

today was an anomaly. it showed we aren't ready to compete at that level, but we'll beat tech. handily.  they dont' have anyone on their team remotely of that caliber.

EastexHawg

Quote from: lefty08 on August 30, 2014, 08:59:10 pm
it was closer than the score indicates

I didn't see it that way.  Auburn ran out the clock near our 10 yard line to end the game.  The first half was close, but overall their offense had their way with us.