Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We went with experience over talent in the receiving dept.

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, August 30, 2014, 08:35:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

I'm telling you JoJo is easily the best receiver currently on campus hopefully he get's some looks next weekend. (my opinion)

His explosiveness here in Florida H.S. was video game like.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Hognspace

swinesation

I figured today was mostly veterans. We'll see lots of new faces the next three weeks.

Danny J

Quote from: swinesation on August 30, 2014, 08:41:56 pm
I figured today was mostly veterans. We'll see lots of new faces the next three weeks.
I agree and we should....

Bubba's Bruisers

Get the freshmen on the field.  Can't be any worse. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

elksnort

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on August 30, 2014, 08:43:57 pm
Get the freshmen on the field.  Can't be any worse. 
You aren't kidding. Get em on the field. 

AugustaHog

We got open just fine.  Catch the open ball and we aren't mad about our WRs.  Maybe when jojo is healthy he will add to it.  The drops gotta go or Michael Smith has to.  His guys have underwhelmed since he got here.  It can't continue.

Poker_hog

Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

Hogeration

Need JoJo and Jared Cornelius in the games.  All there is to it.  Can't do worse. 

TMc

I was surprised Cornelius didn't catch a pass.., I think JoJo has bruised ribs. Anyway, if the Freshman are more talented (no matter the position).., play them now and get them ready.  Especially in the secondary.

Fayettechill14

JoJo has been hurt. I was surprised that Morgan dropped one, although his came in the pouring rain.

Demetrius Wilson looked good except for one drop. Derby didn't have a drop, though.

3kgthog

A good OC can make average receivers look very good. I don't think our guys are getting much help in that area.

ricepig

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on August 30, 2014, 09:10:41 pm
JoJo has been hurt. I was surprised that Morgan dropped one, although his came in the pouring rain.

Demetrius Wilson looked good except for one drop. Derby didn't have a drop, though.

Pretty sure Derby and HH had drops.

Fayettechill14

Quote from: ricepig on August 30, 2014, 09:21:31 pm
Pretty sure Derby and HH had drops.

Derby let one go through his hands, but the pass would have only gained 1 yard. Hatcher, Henry, and Wilson all had egregious drops. Morgan's came in the rain, Derby's was a who-cares play.

Hollister missed one that came his way, but I don't think it could be called a drop. He did well I thought.

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Quote from: Hognspace on August 30, 2014, 08:37:18 pm
#85 and #5 certainly missed their chances

85 (Wilson) had one drop but had at least 3 big catches, I think 2 of those were for first down conversions on third down.

ricepig

Quote from: iCalledThatHogBrotha! on August 30, 2014, 09:24:49 pm
85 (Wilson) had one drop but had at least 3 big catches, I think 2 of those were for first down conversions on third down.

Yeah, I can live with Wilson's effort tonight, great catch on an under thrown ball.

DeltaBoy

We need A. LUCUS back on hill.  He could teach these boys some things.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hogeration

Quote from: iCalledThatHogBrotha! on August 30, 2014, 09:24:49 pm
He did look okay but that one drop was huge.

Fayettechill14

Quote from: Hogeration on August 30, 2014, 09:55:06 pm
He did look okay but that one drop was huge.

All our WRs have trouble catching with their hands. They can only catch with the body. They've got to learn to catch with the hands.

pughog

wilson had one costly drop. other than that i thought he made good catches on poor thrown balls. if you dont know their names and only numbers please don't post.

PorkRinds

Quote from: pughog on August 31, 2014, 12:20:49 am
wilson had one costly drop. other than that i thought he made good catches on poor thrown balls. if you dont know their names and only numbers please don't post.
I thought 10 did a decent job getting the ball to 84,85, and 11. 80 did ok. 3 and 32 needed more carries and 33 needs some space to run in.

Atlhogfan1

Marshall should be used in the passing game more if he can catch the ball.  Put pressure on the LBs and Ss to have to account for him even if it is quick throws in the flat.  Help clear the box out a little.  I thought we might see him and Collins or Williams more in the game together. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

onebadrubi

Quote from: 3kgthog on August 30, 2014, 09:18:26 pm
A good OC can make average receivers look very good. I don't think our guys are getting much help in that area.

You got any good OC's that can call the game from the box and reach down and not allow any receivers to miss a ball within a 6 foot radius of the numbers? 

BrassNunchucks

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on August 30, 2014, 09:56:46 pm
All our WRs have trouble catching with their hands. They can only catch with the body. They've got to learn to catch with the hands.

That tells me coaching is an issue

onebadrubi

Quote from: BrassNunchucks on August 31, 2014, 12:37:42 am

I've stated it on here before.  We have the same rec coach Kstate did when we beat them in the cotton bowl.  He was loved by Kstate and they hated to see him come here, but I remember them having dropped passes as a problem.  If it keeps up with the new crop, I will strongly agree.  Right now it seems to be the same crop doing the same thing.  We shall see soon

Fayettechill14

Quote from: BrassNunchucks on August 31, 2014, 12:37:42 am

Maybe. But part of that is just talent. Guys that naturally catch with their hands are 4* or better recruits. Derby and Henry can. Wilson can't. But that's something a quality X has to do.

swinesation

It's amazing to me how much Brandon Allen gets a pass. So many of his balls were poorly thrown. Many of the catches the receiver had to go to the ground to get the ball. Wilson made two excellent catches on poorly thrown balls.

onebadrubi

Quote from: swinesation on August 31, 2014, 01:01:10 am
It's amazing to me how much Brandon Allen gets a pass. So many of his balls were poorly thrown. Many of the catches the receiver had to go to the ground to get the ball. Wilson made two excellent catches on poorly thrown balls.

If hatcher catches the deep ball, derby catches the short one, hunter catches the one in the chest, Morgan the same, and I'm missing one other drop (hollister maybe), Allen would have been 74%.  Allen would have been at 300 yards or so and 74% passing.  You sir are reaching, trolling, or just against the kid.  He threw one pick, which was as much on his Oline as anyone.

Fayettechill14

I'm not sure about "excellent" although Wilson's sliding catch was nice, as was Hollisters dip for one. But Allen looked good. Way more incompletions were the WRs faults instead of his.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

It's amazing he's not allowed to play QB
Let's make some waves.

razorback44

He also missed a ball that went right through his hands on a wide open pitch and catch from Allen. That one cost us a first down and killed a drive. The road goes both ways.
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

pigsooietim

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on August 30, 2014, 09:56:46 pm

Not enough reps in practice.. I think we must run run run in practice. Its obvious we didnt spend much time working on the passing game this off season because AU had everyone in the box and we still couldnt throw it to save our lives.. It might as well be HDN if we arent going to invest time and money on receivers.