Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We're going to crush TX Tech

Started by Peppa Pig, August 30, 2014, 08:22:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FelixJonesorDMAC?

People are setting themselves up for failure with thinking we are just gonna plow through TT.  We have to be able to stop them first. I do think we can beat them, but I will not be upset if we lose at TT as long as we see improvement and players not quitting.  I keep saying, next year is the year we go bowling, I don't see it this year.  can we win 6, possibly.  Allen needs a ton of help at the WR position and our Defense just needs the talent and we don't have it right now.

RussVegas Hawg

revolution

This year will be like last year. You will see some good things from the Razorbacks that make you think they "can" win, but something on the team will break down most games leading to a loss. I hope that doesn't happen, but I expect that it will. Bielema and his staff don't seem able to adjust or motivate their team to overcome adversity. It was understandable to lose the game yesterday, but not to look so inept the whole second half.

I suspect we will lose to Tech on the road, and there will be some logical rationale: turnovers, injuries, fatigue because of depth issues, opponent played really well, etc. Eventually the realization will set in - this staff is not going to take our team where we want to go. It doesn't take an excellent coach more than two seasons to make a positive difference in a team's performance. If Bielema is an excellent coach, we will win at least 6 games this year. If he's not, we'll be trying to explain away losses to Texas Tech.

Bucksnort

Quote from: Peppa Pig on August 30, 2014, 08:22:00 pm
We might rush for 500 yards against them. Then again, they might throw for 800 against us. Either way, we're winning that one!

You're not making any bets on that outcome I hope!

rlreev01

We should win that game but we will have to play well. We will not crush them. Any game on the road is tough, especially for a team rebuilding and as fragile as ours is.

Ben

We will exchange blows with tech. We will only dominate on offense. Whos to say tech didn show half of their playbook vs uca
Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.
Opinion polls produce... opinions.

Ben

Quote from: cosmodrum on August 31, 2014, 09:56:04 am
That kid is a better QB than Marshall.

Oh, and our DBs are...uh...not good.
The kid is good, but he isnt a dual threat like marshall. I didnt see him run once
Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.

Locutus_of_Boar

Bielema has already told Cheney to take the stairs and pack a stopwatch.

Hogs will win this one.

RedSkiesAtNightHog

Quote from: Ben on August 31, 2014, 04:53:15 pm
We will exchange blows with tech. We will only dominate on offense. Whos to say tech didn show half of their playbook vs uca

Tech was fighting for their life against Central Arkansas.  They showed everything they had! 

hogifino

Every game has a life of its own.   Play calling is situational to the life of the game and the match ups presented.  Good teams have the ability to dictate situations based on dominate players in organized schemes.

cosmodrum

Quote from: Ben on August 31, 2014, 04:54:19 pm
The kid is good, but he isnt a dual threat like marshall. I didnt see him run once

He's still a better QB.
Go away, batin'

cosmodrum

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on August 31, 2014, 04:59:37 pm
Bielema has already told Cheney to take the stairs and pack a stopwatch.

Hogs will win this one.

If Chaney takes the stairs he better pack a defibrillator.
Go away, batin'

Ben

Quote from: cosmodrum on September 01, 2014, 11:01:28 am
He's still a better QB.
Idk. He can throw, but i didn see him run. Marshall can run and throw. 2 in 1

cosmodrum

Quote from: Ben on September 01, 2014, 12:00:08 pm
Idk. He can throw, but i didn see him run. Marshall can run and throw. 2 in 1

Dual threat doesn't necessarily make him better. Johnson is a much better passer that, IMO, negates Marshall's legs.
Go away, batin'

FootballFanatic89

Quote from: cosmodrum on September 01, 2014, 12:56:09 pm
Dual threat doesn't necessarily make him better. Johnson is a much better passer that, IMO, negates Marshall's legs.

It definitely doesn't negate marshall legs. Jeremy is going to be great for AU, but Marshall makes the offense more prolific. He is not the thrower that Johnson is but he doesn't have to be. He just needs to be able to hit the receivers when he needs to,but still provide that quarterback read threat. Hogs were able to contain the run game a lot more when Marshall was out, especially short yardage plays.

Sweet Feet

Quote from: FootballFanatic89 on September 01, 2014, 01:05:30 pm
It definitely doesn't negate marshall legs. Jeremy is going to be great for AU, but Marshall makes the offense more prolific. He is not the thrower that Johnson is but he doesn't have to be. He just needs to be able to hit the receivers when he needs to,but still provide that quarterback read threat. Hogs were able to contain the run game a lot more when Marshall was out, especially short yardage plays.
Bam. Arkansas stood a better chance defensively when the backup was in because he was immobile. He had a nice pass game dont get me wrong, but with marshall, you had to worry about the RBs running, him running, or him passing. The two are good Qbs, its just the system that makes one more lethal

FootballFanatic89

September 01, 2014, 01:17:05 pm #66 Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 01:30:34 pm by FootballFanatic89
Quote from: Sweet Feet on September 01, 2014, 01:13:51 pm
Bam. Arkansas stood a better chance defensively when the backup was in because he was immobile. He had a nice pass game dont get me wrong, but with marshall, you had to worry about the RBs running, him running, or him passing. The two are good Qbs, its just the system that makes one more lethal

Exactly. BTW, JJ is mobile. He is just not Nick Marshall mobile. I believe Gus called a lot of pre-hand off plays and didn't have JJ read the ends. He has ran this offense since highshool and he has had to move the chains with his feet. But other than that, I completely agree with your assessment.

Pig Worshipper

We have more talent on defense than some people think. Is it SEC-caliber? No, of course not. But we've only played one game against possibly the strongest offense we'll face. Plus, we have a new defensive co-ordinator and, clearly, our football team is still in the Hoganese I course in Berlitz class. Give these guys some time and I believe we will improve greatly by the second half of the season. No matter how great you might look in practice, coaches really don't have a good gauge until after the first game against a good opponent. Our coaches know much, much more about our team now than they did on Friday. They are a great staff and they're going to show it in the coming weeks.

Texas Tech will be an excellent test for us and a much more favorable match-up for us than Auburn.

RedSkiesAtNightHog

Quote from: Sweet Feet on September 01, 2014, 01:13:51 pm

Guess what, the Texas Tech quarterback, Davis Webb, is as immobile as you can get! 

RazorChuck

Quote from: PorkRinds on August 31, 2014, 12:11:48 am
MoroninMemphis
Thats Longhorninmemphis, wonder how it is that he is on a hog board

BPsTheMan

good call OP

LRRandy makes a fool of himself here as well

nice thread

BPsTheMan

Quote from: HoginMemphis on August 31, 2014, 12:01:46 am
Tech will score more thru the air than Hogs will have time to score on ground.  Another double digit loss for the Hogs.

here's some more fail

Hogs win

HiM fails

LRRandy

Quote from: LRRandy on August 31, 2014, 12:06:38 am
if ark runs the ball for a whole game like they did in the first half today they could be in the game with anyone. Winning/finishing might be another issue, but I like  their odds if they stay with the run game.

you mean like this Harry? I kind of called a win.
This is fun, isn't it.

BPsTheMan

Quote from: LRRandy on September 14, 2014, 07:30:33 pm
you mean like this Harry? I kind of called a win.

you kind of called a win?

why didn't you post just that and leave out the other one?

granted, you weren't as bad as HoginMemphis on this one - kudos for that

BPsTheMan

Quote from: LRRandy on August 30, 2014, 10:31:11 pm
I love the eternal optimism of some of the posters here. Bless your heart.

LRRandy

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on September 14, 2014, 07:34:10 pm
you kind of called a win?

why didn't you post just that and leave out the other one?

granted, you weren't as bad as HoginMemphis on this one - kudos for that
im just here having fun Harry. I'll give the hogs props as they deserve it. I'll bust out lunatic kool aide drinkers as I see it. I'll also be wrong as much ( more) as I'm right. It's a message board. For amusement only.
This is fun, isn't it.

BPsTheMan

Quote from: LRRandy on September 14, 2014, 07:40:02 pm
im just here having fun Harry. I'll give the hogs props as they deserve it. I'll bust out lunatic kool aide drinkers as I see it. I'll also be wrong as much ( more) as I'm right. It's a message board. For amusement only.

duly noted - we will wait with bated breath for you to praise us

nice win by East Carolina yesterday

Peppa Pig

Thanks!  Anyone who watched the first two Tech games could tell this was coming. They'll win some games this year but we were the absolute worst case matchup for their weaknesses. But man was it fun to watch.

BPsTheMan

Quote from: Peppa Pig on September 14, 2014, 07:47:57 pm
Thanks!  Anyone who watched the first two Tech games could tell this was coming. They'll win some games this year but we were the absolute worst case matchup for their weaknesses. But man was it fun to watch.

you are poster of the month sir

good job

HatfieldEra

Guffaw!  Chortles.  There is so much goodness in this thread. 

To those who are prone to speak in absolutes, enjoy the read.