Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Time to Eat Some Crow

Started by HogFanatic, August 30, 2014, 07:55:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: Jamie Jones on August 30, 2014, 08:53:23 pm
A couple of quick things. One, Auburn is better than I thought they'd be. Two, I don't know what happened to our running attack in the second half. Three, Brandon Allen will lead this team to a bowl game this year. And four, until we learn how to play defense, we will not be competitive against top competition. I was wrong about the final result, and I'll put myself in that same boat every week because I'll ALWAYS pick my Hogs! Just because I'm a homer doesn't mean I don't live in reality. This team is close. But they have got to learn how to play defense.

If this coaching staff doesn't get its act together, We will once again struggle for a win in the SEC.

As far as Brandon is concerned, he played a nice first half. The second half, the playcalling went to pot and Brandon started making up his mind before the snap.

PRJ

LRAFBHog

Quote from: Al Boarland on August 30, 2014, 08:07:06 pm
It takes a lot of balls to admit you're wrong. Maybe people won't catch so much hell for being objective and thinking Gus is a good coach.

Gus was Arkansas' to have or to lose.  The rest is history.  We will never beat Gus in Auburn.  Doubtful in Fayetteville.

And I didn't put my money where my mouth is as many Hogville boasted of doing.  I am not that disconnected.

hogsanity

Quote from: HoginMemphis on August 30, 2014, 08:01:31 pm
Auburn is going to lose at least 3 games this year. You have no clue. They are not as good as last year...not even close. We are as thin as balsa wood...as we always are. We are not capable of competing for more than 2 quarters against any decent team. Texas Tech will score 50+ on our defense. Prepare yourself for no better than 5-7.

I think 6-6 but you are dead on about being thin. Very few Jr's and srs especially in key defensive positions.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Hoggam's Razor

Quote from: HoginMemphis on August 30, 2014, 09:00:53 pm
I was Auburn as being not as good as I thought they'd be. Their D let our offense score 3 TD's in first half at home. Remmber, we are on a 9 game losing streak...now 10. Our terrible D held them to 21 in first half.

What happened to our running attack in 2nd half is that our thin as balsa wood depth showed up in the hot south Alabama weather. Not rocket science. Brandon Allen will lead this team but it will likely not be to a bowl game. Not this year. I predicted 48-27. Missed it by 3 on Auburn end and 6 on Ark side. This team is furthest thing from "close" as you put it. Their D will not be able to stop at least 6 other teams on the schedule. 5-7 for this team, currently on a 10 game losing streak, is being optimistic at this point after observing the defense and the way the offense played only one half. That is reality.

I really like this post.  We're not great and neither is Auburn, but we're better than last year.
I hate it when people complain.

3kgthog

Quote from: BOAR_N2BWILD on August 30, 2014, 08:08:46 pm
We are still a much improved team.
I still say 6 wins

Where will they come from with that defense and a frustrating OC?

Magic_Hogg

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on August 30, 2014, 09:01:57 pm
Yes, it's serious.

well that is not a small thing.  what a bunch of bs.  even for auburn that is low.  how can coaches not make it to halftime - that is insane.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: BOAR_N2BWILD on August 30, 2014, 08:08:46 pm
We are still a much improved team.
I still say 6 wins
Much improved? This Hog team just gave up 6 TD's and a FG. And Tiger freshman FG kicker missed a short FG...off the upright. How is that an improvement over last year? We lost by 24 and it could have been more if Auburn had wanted to score in last minute. We did not score in the 2nd half...did not even threaten. Did we have 50 yds of offense in 2nd half? This is the 10th loss in a row, 9 SEC losses in a row, and 8th out of last 9 games in which the Hogs' D has given up 30+ points. Can't win when the other team is pounding you and scoring at will. Their first half QB completed about 85% of his passes. He had all week to throw every passing down.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

code red

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on August 30, 2014, 07:55:41 pm
Man, I really thought Arkansas had a solid shot at this game. Auburn is a damn good team, guys.

That being said, I will be curious to look closely at the stats and play-by-play for this game. I think something happened to our running game, but I couldn't quite tell what it was. We abandoned it for some reason. Once Gus brought in the criminal guy and they scored right out the locker room, Arkansas went all pass. It was a little weird. Arkansas mustered a staggering 7 yards of rushing in the third quarter after shoving it down Auburn's throat for the entire first half....

Anyways, Arkansas looked pretty damn good in the first half. I'm not sure what happened in the second half, but Arkansas is going to shock some teams this year, guys. Back away from the cliff. I still think Arkansas is bowl bound.
Ha ha sorry I disagree.  We are very inefficient throwing the ball.  Very inefficient.  IMHO this staff needs to try to throw on early downs.  I just don't see how this team gets any SEC wins without at least +2 TO per game.  We are not even average in the passing game.....before you smite look at the passing stats.  With a loaded box and vs. cover 1 mostly we could only muster 175 yds passing with most passes going to TE and one bad INT (bc we held on to the ball way too long).....to their 293 yards...giving up 600 in total offense.  So tell me please......(because my tickets which went for face last year are now worthless).....HOW IS THAT IMPROVEMENT AND WHO THE HECK ARE WE GOING TO BEAT WHEN THE OPPONENT KNOWS WE CAN"T PASS OR DEFEND THE PASS!!!!
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: code red on August 30, 2014, 09:18:05 pm
Ha ha sorry I disagree.  We are very inefficient throwing the ball.  Very inefficient.  IMHO this staff needs to try to throw on early downs.  I just don't see how this team gets any SEC wins without at least +2 TO per game.  We are not even average in the passing game.....before you smite look at the passing stats.  With a loaded box and vs. cover 1 mostly we could only muster 175 yds passing with most passes going to TE and one bad INT (bc we held on to the ball way too long).....to their 293 yards...giving up 600 in total offense.  So tell me please......(because my tickets which went for face last year are now worthless).....HOW IS THAT IMPROVEMENT AND WHO THE HECK ARE WE GOING TO BEAT WHEN THE OPPONENT KNOWS WE CAN"T PASS OR DEFEND THE PASS!!!!
It was so obvious that Auburn could have passed every down and they would have had who knows how much offensive yardage. Gus was being very Christian by running the ball some. Score could have been much worse. Stats were terrible, as you point out. Auburn worse than last year, at least now they are. And they manhandled us every play in 2nd half whether on O or on D.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: IntegrityHog on August 30, 2014, 08:43:18 pm
Sorry you feel that way.  There's more to life than winning a football game.  Have a good night.

Not really when you are paid millions to win.  There is more to us, but to football coaches you are remembered by your record. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

DeltaBoy

I ate my Crow but I want Jeff Long to eat some too. He hired John L and this mess rest his shoulders.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

code red

Quote from: 3kgthog on August 30, 2014, 09:09:45 pm
Where will they come from with that defense and a frustrating OC?
SOOOOoooo agree...I sayed away for 1 hr.....but that was unacceptable today.  Especially when you had 8 FRANKING MONTHS to put a passing game together.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

Quote from: HoginMemphis on August 30, 2014, 09:20:57 pm
It was so obvious that Auburn could have passed every down and they would have had who knows how much offensive yardage. Gus was being very Christian by running the ball some. Score could have been much worse. Stats were terrible, as you point out. Auburn worse than last year, at least now they are. And they manhandled us every play in 2nd half whether on O or on D.
I so agree Memphis.....Ironic how no one is being banned tonite.   Anyone saying that the defense is improved is lying.  We can't run J WIll and Collins every play.  I mean really we got no passing game....none.  In the best conference in the nation...you got got to have a passing game.  8 months to work on it and????????????

BENTON PIGGEE

Quote from: bphi11ips on August 30, 2014, 08:53:16 pm
No need to eat crow for predicting success for your team.

Oh, you don't REALLY have to eat crow. Just admit you were wrong.

Nuttcracker, Sweet!

I don't get the "why did we abandon the run?" questions. There were no holes for the backs to run thru in the 2nd half! Any OC calls the game in large part according to what the defense is doing, Chaney was no different.

Auburn was determined to stop the run in the 2nd half, they were packing the LOS, so we threw more. If anything we should have thrown MORE than we did to try to loosen them up! We were too predictable on 1st down, running nearly every time.

We tried to run off tackle on 3rd and 5 and about got AC killed. That play was blown up from the snap...

Auburn is WAY better than last year or were today because they are much stronger at the LOS, they have more WRs and their passing game is MUCH better.

I still don't think they are NC material necessarily, but at this point they are better than 'Bama IMO. A lot could change before November, Auburn has a brutal stretch in the schedule, but 'Bama seems to have lost a lot of their mystique.

I thought they may have created a QB controversy by switching to Marshall at halftime, but having him in the game makes the defense defend so many different things...their running game is much better with Marshall in the game because he is such a running threat.

Lastly, in spite of everything else, the biggest difference in the game was their receivers vs ours. They had a circus catch or two, we had how many drops? We don't have any game changers at that position, at least not yet.

KJ is a nice start, but we have to get light years better at the WR position whether thru recruiting or developing the freshmen because everybody we play in the SEC is better at that position than we are.

Marquel Wade, Funderburk, Lance Ray and all BPs recruits at WR that left or didn't pan out are killing us there.

One more thing: when you play the way we do: ground and pound, you'd better have an OUTSTANDING defense like 'Bama and LSU pretty much every year, 'cause we can't win shootouts vs all these HUNH teams with sprinters at WR. Sooner or later they're going to hit big plays, we get no big plays in the passing game vs SEC teams.

We could have had one, BA made a perfect throw but #4 did what he is known for... Even 'Bama gives up big plays thru the air vs uptempo teams, but they also make big plays. We don't.

You put tremendous pressure on your defense when you don't make big plays thru the air, bc you cannot drive 80 yards vs SEC defenses all day and NO defense can hold all these track teams all day, especially when you lose the field position battle consistently.

We rarely force turnovers to give the O a short field also. I will say we have worked a lot on knocking the ball out, got one today, nearly a couple more, so progress is being made. Even on TOs is a start instead of minus 2 or 3 like the last 2 seasons...
Making fun of Hootie since 2003

hog911

Man, I really thought Arkansas had a solid shot at this game. Auburn is a damn good team, guys.

That being said, I will be curious to look closely at the stats and play-by-play for this game. I think something happened to our running game, but I couldn't quite tell what it was. We abandoned it for some reason. Once Gus brought in the criminal guy and they scored right out the locker room, Arkansas went all pass. It was a little weird. Arkansas mustered a staggering 7 yards of rushing in the third quarter after shoving it down Auburn's throat for the entire first half....

Anyways, Arkansas looked pretty damn good in the first half. I'm not sure what happened in the second half, but Arkansas is going to shock some teams this year, guys. Back away from the cliff. I still think Arkansas is bowl bound.

We were exposed in the second half to what we really are!

Westcoasthog

I need some answers.  The cause and the effect.  Bobby Petrino got fired,
had he stayed I cannot believe that this team would have had a record like
2012 no bpwl game, 2013 no bowl game.  Bobby Petrino beat Auburn every year that he was here except one year 2010 in his four year tenture.  I need
some answers I cannot believe that Bobby Petrino would have had a record like in 2012, 2013. 

Muskliketusk

No crow to be had here. This was Gus's Super Bowl. Him and his NWA cronies had this game circled. Sad how many Hog "fans" love Gus more than they love some Hogs.
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.

Muskliketusk

Quote from: JansterZ71 on August 31, 2014, 11:16:45 am
Actually there was only one coach building this game up and is wasn't Malzahn.

HBB was business as usual. Sorry if you don't appreciate the passion, but don't kid yourself Gus had to have this game. He had to put in his dope smoker cuz he was on the ropes.
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

Phil D

I'll take a helping of the crow. Really liked that first half, the second not so much. overall though there were signs of improvement and we will see if it continues for the rest of the season. :razorback:
GO HOGS!!!!!!

FootballFanatic89

Quote from: Muskliketusk on August 31, 2014, 11:24:09 am
HBB was business as usual. Sorry if you don't appreciate the passion, but don't kid yourself Gus had to have this game. He had to put in his dope smoker cuz he was on the ropes.

Umm, you pretty much have to have every game if you want to make it to the 4 team playoffs bud. SMH. Think before you type.

Uberanubis

how many times in the last couple of years has UCA taken a team to the end before giving up the ghost. how many times has auburn played down to their competition and we say, HEY they suck we can beat them, to turn around and get DRUBBED? as every one says its the first game of the year. EVERYONE will get better. who makes the biggest strides usually wins the games.
Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

BPsTheMan

a Hog fan having to "eat crow" on a Hog board

says a lot

TheRazorback500

Luckily I had steak, not crow, because I didn't really expect us to actually win the game, but I was hoping it would be more respectable. Darn pick 6. And the second half hiatus.

Auburn is good, at least they were last night. They started three 5-star and at least 14 four-star players, while we started no fives and only 8 fours. Gotta do some recruiting.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

three hog night

Quote from: Jamie Jones on August 30, 2014, 08:53:23 pm
A couple of quick things. One, Auburn is better than I thought they'd be. Two, I don't know what happened to our running attack in the second half. Three, Brandon Allen will lead this team to a bowl game this year. And four, until we learn how to play defense, we will not be competitive against top competition. I was wrong about the final result, and I'll put myself in that same boat every week because I'll ALWAYS pick my Hogs! Just because I'm a homer doesn't mean I don't live in reality. This team is close. But they have got to learn how to play defense.

Agreed.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

HyperDrive

What happened in the 2nd half is twofold:

1.  You guys were killing us with the inside trap play in the 1st half, using our aggressiveness against us.  One of our DTs would shoot through a gap as you "ole'd" him into the backfield then walled him off with a pulling guard.  That left a huge hole where he had been.  We made adjustments to that, not firing into that hole and instead using the defensive line more to clog up the LOS and let the LBs and safeties plug the gaps.

2.  As some of us had mentioned, Johnson is a far better passer than Marshall.  But with Nick suspended we weren't going to risk JJ getting injured running the ball.  When Marshall came back in the 2nd half and you had to account for him keeping the ball on the zone reads it opened up more holes for the backs, especially Artis-Payne.

Of course the pick six was a backbreaker, but you guys came out with some different blocking schemes from the same formation as last year that took us some time to figure out and adjust to.  The rest of the game came down to a talent differential.  Y'all just need more pieces.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: HyperDrive on August 31, 2014, 12:57:31 pm
What happened in the 2nd half is twofold:

1.  You guys were killing us with the inside trap play in the 1st half, using our aggressiveness against us.  One of our DTs would shoot through a gap as you "ole'd" him into the backfield then walled him off with a pulling guard.  That left a huge hole where he had been.  We made adjustments to that, not firing into that hole and instead using the defensive line more to clog up the LOS and let the LBs and safeties plug the gaps.

2.  As some of us had mentioned, Johnson is a far better passer than Marshall.  But with Nick suspended we weren't going to risk JJ getting injured running the ball.  When Marshall came back in the 2nd half and you had to account for him keeping the ball on the zone reads it opened up more holes for the backs, especially Artis-Payne.

Of course the pick six was a backbreaker, but you guys came out with some different blocking schemes from the same formation as last year that took us some time to figure out and adjust to.  The rest of the game came down to a talent differential.  Y'all just need more pieces.
Unfortunately for the Hogs, our D line and LB's are not same talent level as yours. So when our DL clogs the LOS, our LB's are not as adept as they need to be in the SEC at filling the holes. Thus, all of your run plays in the 2nd half went into the secondary. Haven't seen the stats, but I bet the secondary had a ton of both solos and assists.

alohawg

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on August 30, 2014, 08:16:14 pm
Goodness.

Chaney is hampered by having no SEC caliber WR's.  UA simply, and wisely, sold out to the run in the second half.

It also helps that AU has significantly more talent and depth.  They're simply better.  We did show promise, though.  We will have to recruit our way out of this.

Agreed
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Augustus

Auburn is going to lose at least 3 games this year. You have no clue. They are not as good as last year...not even close. We are as thin as balsa wood...as we always are. We are not capable of competing for more than 2 quarters against any decent team. Texas Tech will score 50+ on our defense. Prepare yourself for no better than 5-7.

So, are you suggesting UCA's defense is better than Hogs?

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Augustus on August 31, 2014, 01:27:19 pm
So, are you suggesting UCA's defense is better than Hogs?
Not suggesting it. I am stating it as fact. Tech will score more against the Hogs than they did vs UCA.

Torqued pork

No offense to UCA, but does anybody believe TT was as focused on the Bears as they will be for an SEC team?

Augustus

Quote from: HoginMemphis on August 31, 2014, 01:58:51 pm
Not suggesting it. I am stating it as fact. Tech will score more against the Hogs than they did vs UCA.

Wow. OK.

Augustus

Quote from: Torqued pork on August 31, 2014, 02:13:09 pm
No offense to UCA, but does anybody believe TT was as focused on the Bears as they will be for an SEC team?

I'm betting when TT found themselves down 16-7 to an FCS school, they were pretty focused on the game at hand.

HogFanatic

Through their final 5 games of the season last year, Tech gave up just under 50 points per game and lost all 5.

Texas Tech is not very good. We should win that game. I feel better about Tech than I did Rutgers last season. Before this weekend I was worried about Tech quite a bit, but after watching our team and seeing what Tech mustered this weekend, this is a game I feel very strongly the Hogs should win.

razorjack12

I don't see how anyone could think we had a "solid" shot against Auburn.    They have better players, pure and simple.  Their offense is really potent....I don't think any defense will shut down Auburns offense this year.

This game went about as I expected...I predicted Auburn to win 38-20.   I am pleased that we were still in the game late in 3rd qtr.   But losing this game was almost inevitable considering the disparity in talent.

Hawgey-Davidson

Got me a mouthfull. And it tastes like...........well, crow.

jkstock04

Quote from: BrassNunchucks on August 30, 2014, 08:13:25 pm
-1 to all the losers in here who think an Arkansas Razorback fan was out of line for predicting an Arkansas Razorback win. If you think the major problem on an Arkansas Razorback fan board is that an opposing team (Auburn) is not given enough respect, you're not a fan of the team, and you have issues.
There are limits...he wasn't just predicting a win (week leading to game prob 60% of the board was) he pretty much guaranteed we would blow them out and it wouldn't be close.

If you are loud spreading that kind of stuff about it's no wonder people get in somewhat of a tizzy when the opposite happens.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

HogFanatic

Quote from: jkstock04 on August 31, 2014, 03:55:15 pm
There are limits...he wasn't just predicting a win (week leading to game prob 60% of the board was) he pretty much guaranteed we would blow them out and it wouldn't be close.

If you are loud spreading that kind of stuff about it's no wonder people get in somewhat of a tizzy when the opposite happens.

Yep. I created a thread entitled "Arkansas is Going to Blow Auburn out of the Water." Haha

But if people get "in a tizzy" when the opposite happens, that's on them, bud. I'm assuming most of us are grown people here. If you are blaming someone else for your own tantrums...well, that's something I have to work with my six year old daughter on.

Don't act like a six year old girl (not saying YOU do)

BPsTheMan

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on August 31, 2014, 03:59:29 pm
Yep. I created a thread entitled "Arkansas is Going to Blow Auburn out of the Water." Haha

But if people get "in a tizzy" when the opposite happens, that's on them, bud. I'm assuming most of us are grown people here. If you are blaming someone else for your own tantrums...well, that's something I have to work with my six year old daughter on.

dude, you don't have to eat crow on here if you support our team

FYI

DoctorSusscrofa

HoginMemphis throws in the towel so often he must own a Bed, Bath and Beyond.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

HogFanatic

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on August 31, 2014, 04:09:07 pm
dude, you don't have to eat crow on here if you support our team

FYI

Oh, I know. The haters can all suck it for all I care.

HamHands

I have to eat my helping of crow as well. I thought we would win with our offensive line and running game. I thought the receivers would catch the ball better. Also, didn't think Auburn would be as productive on offense. I was wrong. Auburn is a good team.  :puke: Pass the plate of crow with some tabasco. Somebody get me a spork.
One day at a time.

jkstock04

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on August 31, 2014, 03:59:29 pm

I just wish the board sometimes would take a more realistic view on this team. In the original game prediction thread I said Auburn 45-17 and of course someone pops off like I'm an idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about... but if I had predicted the Hogs 45-17 I'm sure I would've been the smart guy!

I fully realize this is a Hog message board and there is gonna be bias..and sometimes overboard. But sometimes this may be the type of fan that if expectations aren't met they turn into "that" guy. I'm not throwing a tantrum or tizzy lol the game ended up almost exactly like I predicted it would.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Muskliketusk

Quote from: FootballFanatic89 on August 31, 2014, 11:27:44 am
Umm, you pretty much have to have every game if you want to make it to the 4 team playoffs bud. SMH. Think before you type.

I ain't talking about for the playoff brainyack. Auburn also lost a game last year and still won the SEC so your theory don't hold much water as far as the playoff stuff. Maybe your the one who could use a good think.

BENTON PIGGEE

Quote from: HoginMemphis on August 31, 2014, 01:58:51 pm

Ouch. I hope you are wrong.

When was the last time we scored 42 or more points in a game?

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: BENTON PIGGEE on August 31, 2014, 09:20:55 pm

Probably this week. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: BENTON PIGGEE on August 31, 2014, 09:20:55 pm

Good question. So long ago, I cannot recall. Certainly been a few seasons at least since Hogs have done so against a team the caliber of Texas Tech. Probably scored 42+ vs. weaker rent-a-wins.

BENTON PIGGEE

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 01, 2014, 10:59:11 am
Good question. So long ago, I cannot recall. Certainly been a few seasons at least since Hogs have done so against a team the caliber of Texas Tech. Probably scored 42+ vs. weaker rent-a-wins.

Fun fact! Johnelle Smith beat Kentucky 49-7 on October 13th, 2012 in the Weather Delay Bowl. That was also our last SEC win.

footballfan

Quote from: BENTON PIGGEE on September 01, 2014, 07:34:18 pm
Fun fact! Johnelle Smith beat Kentucky 49-7 on October 13th, 2012 in the Weather Delay Bowl. That was also our last SEC win.

Tech looked about as strong as that Kentucky team, so maybe we can pull out a win. I love how college football fans (not just our fans) react when their team doesn't win- the other team MUST be a dang world beater! Well, Auburn is not a world beater. they are a good team that had an insane amount of luck last year. We will face at least three teams (Bama Georgia and A&M) as good as they are and several teams that aren't too far below. Gonna be VERY hard to get to a bowl this year.

hawgsalot

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on August 31, 2014, 04:10:57 pm
HoginMemphis throws in the towel so often he must own a Bed, Bath and Beyond.

No he's just begging for people to actually respond to him these days because no one actually cares what he says nor even reads his crap anymore.  Now he just has to say batsh1t crazy stuff to even get noticed.