Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Time to Eat Some Crow

Started by HogFanatic, August 30, 2014, 07:55:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogFanatic

Man, I really thought Arkansas had a solid shot at this game. Auburn is a damn good team, guys.

That being said, I will be curious to look closely at the stats and play-by-play for this game. I think something happened to our running game, but I couldn't quite tell what it was. We abandoned it for some reason. Once Gus brought in the criminal guy and they scored right out the locker room, Arkansas went all pass. It was a little weird. Arkansas mustered a staggering 7 yards of rushing in the third quarter after shoving it down Auburn's throat for the entire first half....

Anyways, Arkansas looked pretty damn good in the first half. I'm not sure what happened in the second half, but Arkansas is going to shock some teams this year, guys. Back away from the cliff. I still think Arkansas is bowl bound.

HogFanatic

That offensive line is studly.

IntegrityHog

We were pretty close today.  I don't really count it as a loss when the other team is player guys that should be in jail. 

AubFaninArk

I think Auburn made some adjustments and brought the LBs and Safeties a lot more in the 2nd half...plus, I do think Cheney moved away from the run a bit quicker than he should have.

I felt like you guys would be better and you were...I see 3, perhaps 4 straight wins coming.

HogFanatic

Quote from: HogGoneWild on August 30, 2014, 07:57:44 pm
You really do suck. Just like our team tonight. I thought we were going to win

Well aren't you just a ray of sunshine.

JansterZ71

Way to eat some crow Ashley.  Takes a man to admit when he was way wrong.  Coachin & halftime adjustments turned this game around.  Auburn shut the run down in 2nd half by stacking the box and manning up. 
I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.
I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully. I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men. I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities. I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all. I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all. I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on August 30, 2014, 07:55:41 pm
Man, I really thought Arkansas had a solid shot at this game. Auburn is a damn good team, guys.

That being said, I will be curious to look closely at the stats and play-by-play for this game. I think something happened to our running game, but I couldn't quite tell what it was. We abandoned it for some reason. Once Gus brought in the criminal guy and they scored right out the locker room, Arkansas went all pass. It was a little weird. Arkansas mustered a staggering 7 yards of rushing in the third quarter after shoving it down Auburn's throat for the entire first half....

Anyways, Arkansas looked pretty damn good in the first half. I'm not sure what happened in the second half, but Arkansas is going to shock some teams this year, guys. Back away from the cliff. I still think Arkansas is bowl bound.
Auburn is going to lose at least 3 games this year. You have no clue. They are not as good as last year...not even close. We are as thin as balsa wood...as we always are. We are not capable of competing for more than 2 quarters against any decent team. Texas Tech will score 50+ on our defense. Prepare yourself for no better than 5-7.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HogFanatic

Quote from: AubFaninArk on August 30, 2014, 07:59:10 pm
I think Auburn made some adjustments and brought the LBs and Safeties a lot more in the 2nd half...plus, I do think Cheney moved away from the run a bit quicker than he should have.

I felt like you guys would be better and you were...I see 3, perhaps 4 straight wins coming.

Yeah, Auburn stepped up their aggressiveness against the run a bit it seemed, but Arkansas just STOPPED running the ball.

It was sorta like what happened with Steve Spurrier against A&M the other night. He tried to outgun a team that was more suited for that style.

I think Arkansas got confident on that 93 yard drive in the first half that was mostly through the air, and once Auburn scored that first possession in the second half, Cheney decided to just out-shoot Auburn.

That didn't work, obviously. But Arkansas's running game was BEASTLY when they stuck to it.

Steef

Its possible...even likely..that Auburn is the strongest team we face all year.

dandd TD

Let me save you some time Ashley, start with the play calling. This looks exactly like the bad from last year. I suppose that is Chaney. To say the least, in my opinion, it is terrible. Looked great in first half, ugly ass Hell from there.

aar0n

Quote from: HoginMemphis on August 30, 2014, 08:01:31 pm
Auburn is going to lose at least 3 games this year. You have no clue. They are not as good as last year...not even close. We are as thin as balsa wood...as we always are. We are not capable of competing for more than 2 quarters against any decent team. Texas Tech will score 50+ on our defense. Prepare yourself for no better than 5-7.

Have you been paying attention to Tejas Tech so far today there HiM? The football powerhouse UCA Sugarbears are giving them all they can handle plus some.  Id say that game now appears ripe for the picking.  We shouldn't have ANY problems against a team with equal or less depth than us, which is the bottom 3/4 of the SEC plus any OOC opponent. 

wupigsuey

Quote from: steefhog on August 30, 2014, 08:04:26 pm

That might be true..I hope it is.
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

HogFanatic

Quote from: JansterZ71 on August 30, 2014, 08:00:52 pm
Way to eat some crow Ashley.  Takes a man to admit when he was way wrong.  Coachin & halftime adjustments turned this game around.  Auburn shut the run down in 2nd half by stacking the box and manning up.

Auburn is definitely tougher than I thought they would be.
At the end of the day, whether Cheney could have called that better or not, Auburn's adjustments pretty much put the kabash on whatever it was the Hogs were trying to do. By the end of the damn game Arkansas couldn't even complete a pass.

Auburn is damn good.

BENTON PIGGEE

What happened to the thread worrying if we would be ranked if we beat Auburn? I can't find it...

BOAR_N2BWILD

We are still a much improved team.
I still say 6 wins
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

Steef

Quote from: Al Boarland on August 30, 2014, 08:07:06 pm
It takes a lot of balls to admit you're wrong. Maybe people won't catch so much hell for being objective and thinking Gus is a good coach.

I cant stand Gus. And not too fond of his fans being on this board.

But I've never said he wasnt a good coach.

LRRandy

Kudos for coming in for your crow. You were being quite brash about insisting  ark would win.
This is fun, isn't it.

HogFanatic

I think that unless Alabama gets their act together quickly, Auburn will stomp a mudhole in that ass at the end of the year.

But I don't think they will. I think Alabama takes a BIG step back this year.

But probably not far enough back that Arkansas beats them, and that makes me sad.

RedSkiesAtNightHog

This!

Al Boarland

Auburn looked pretty good to me. Maybe you should take a look at the Bama game. They didn't look like world beaters.

LRRandy

Quote from: BENTON PIGGEE on August 30, 2014, 08:08:34 pm
What happened to the thread worrying if we would be ranked if we beat Auburn? I can't find it...
+1. That is funny
This is fun, isn't it.

ldfergu

August 30, 2014, 08:12:04 pm #21 Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 08:38:42 pm by StoneTemplePiglets
We just can't drop TDs and 3rd down conversions early in the game. It set us up for failure in the 2nd half....

EastexHawg

That being said, I will be curious to look closely at the stats and play-by-play for this game. I think something happened to our running game, but I couldn't quite tell what it was. We abandoned it for some reason.

Auburn's coaches made halftime adjustments to shut down what we were doing well offensively in the first half and their offense dominated our defense.  They put up 595 yards, almost 300 passing and over 300 rushing.  They are the better team and we had no answers in the second half.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on August 30, 2014, 07:56:36 pm
That offensive line is studly.

They need to improve in pass protection, but yeah, they can be very good.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

BrassNunchucks

-1 to all the losers in here who think an Arkansas Razorback fan was out of line for predicting an Arkansas Razorback win. If you think the major problem on an Arkansas Razorback fan board is that an opposing team (Auburn) is not given enough respect, you're not a fan of the team, and you have issues.

LRRandy

Quote from: IntegrityHog on August 30, 2014, 07:58:45 pm
We were pretty close today.  I don't really count it as a loss when the other team is player guys that should be in jail.
well, everyone that votes in the polls will in fact count  it as a loss.
This is fun, isn't it.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: IntegrityHog on August 30, 2014, 07:58:45 pm

Goodness.

Quote from: AubFaninArk on August 30, 2014, 07:59:10 pm

Chaney is hampered by having no SEC caliber WR's.  UA simply, and wisely, sold out to the run in the second half.

It also helps that AU has significantly more talent and depth.  They're simply better.  We did show promise, though.  We will have to recruit our way out of this.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Bubba's Bruisers

Maybe, but that might not necessarily translate to many additional wins.  BB has a major rebuilding job on his hands.  I know that's just stating the obvious, but it's alarming how so many don't get that.

hellwonthaveme

It is called coaching. Chaney was known for his herky jerky play calling at Tennessee. Drove fans there mad.

My deeper concern on Offense is still QB/WR. And the D is still horrendous. Still try to arm tackle..really, really bad.

PRJ

Torqued pork

Rob Smith got a taste of life as a DC at Arkansas. I hope his career can survive the experience.

NaturalStateReb

They're a damn good offense. I'm not sold on Auburn's defense.

Arkansas had a much better offensive performance than they've had in a while. Optimistic about where this offense can go.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

seasonhog

Quote from: LRRandy on August 30, 2014, 08:13:36 pm

The worst thing from this game today is.................we quit in the 4th quar again.

wupigsuey

Quote from: LRRandy on August 30, 2014, 08:10:57 pm
+1. That is funny

troll on Mississippi....Mississippi troll on....
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

LRRandy

Quote from: Torqued pork on August 30, 2014, 08:22:16 pm
Rob Smith got a taste of life as a DC at Arkansas. I hope his career can survive the experience.
was he lining the players up wrong like Ash did ? Could it maybe be not having the players to be able to compete?
This is fun, isn't it.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: aar0n on August 30, 2014, 08:07:36 pm
Have you been paying attention to Tejas Tech so far today there HiM? The football powerhouse UCA Sugarbears are giving them all they can handle plus some.  Id say that game now appears ripe for the picking.  We shouldn't have ANY problems against a team with equal or less depth than us, which is the bottom 3/4 of the SEC plus any OOC opponent. 

So what is your opinion of the Texas tech game now since they have turned on the offense on?
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

IntegrityHog

Quote from: LRRandy on August 30, 2014, 08:13:36 pm

That may be, but Gus is still a cheater who is playing guys that ought to be behind bars.

bellavistamike

Tech just scored against UCA to push their lead to 28-16 with 11:06 left 3rd quarter. Tech may not push around the Hogs...

Torqued pork

Quote from: LRRandy on August 30, 2014, 08:26:42 pm
was he lining the players up wrong like Ash did ? Could it maybe be not having the players to be able to compete?
Quote from: LRRandy on August 30, 2014, 08:26:42 pmHaving the athletes is ALWAYS the problem here.

aar0n

Our TEs more than carried their weight, the o-line was amazing, rbs amazing of course, BA was more than serviceable.  We just need 1 go-to game changing receiver, and a couple more reliable ones and we will be set on offense.  Our dominant O-line and RBs will single-handedly win us a couple games against our equal or lesser talented opponents.  BA seems much more confident and comfortable so far, and all we need him to be is a game manager like Alabama's quarterbacks have been the last several years and so far he looks the part.  Henry and Derby will make for a matchup nightmare, especially when there's other viable receivers brought in later or discovered this season.

Defense will take more time and depth.  At times they showed flashes of improvement in the secondary, never left a receiver completely wide open and didn't allow any catch to go un-contested.  Their tackling needs to greatly improve in the flat and one on one, but overall they did a decent job of staying tight with their receivers.  We didn't play 10 yards off the line, which I really liked.  Brooks Ellis is a stud back there, he looked good in blitz packages and run support.  I will reserve any more judgement until we play an average offense.

Special teams were a bright spot today I suppose, specifically the kicking game.  Kickoffs were more often than not out of the back of the endzone, punts were always placed perfectly.  There were a couple long returns close to midfield, which should be taken care of by the next few games.  Any coach will tell you that your kickoff and punt coverage teams are the hardest to figure out the right combination and placement of players.

Hoggam's Razor

Quote from: IntegrityHog on August 30, 2014, 08:32:10 pm

That may be, but Gus is still a cheater who is playing guys that ought to be behind bars.
Quit.  Just quit.  You only make yourself sound stupid.
I hate it when people complain.

IntegrityHog

Quote from: Hoggam's Razor on August 30, 2014, 08:42:01 pm
Quit.  Just quit.  You only make yourself sound stupid.

Sorry you feel that way.  There's more to life than winning a football game.  Have a good night.

EastexHawg

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on August 30, 2014, 08:18:33 pm
Maybe, but that might not necessarily translate to many additional wins.  BB has a major rebuilding job on his hands.  I know that's just stating the obvious, but it's alarming how so many don't get that.

A lot of people understand rebuilding.  Some just don't understand why other programs can rebuild in a year or two but the company line is that it will take us several seasons.

Hoggam's Razor

Quote from: IntegrityHog on August 30, 2014, 08:43:18 pm
Sorry you feel that way.  There's more to life than winning a football game.  Have a good night.
Will do.  You do too....only on a higher integrity level I guess.
I hate it when people complain.

bphi11ips

No need to eat crow for predicting success for your team. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Jamie Jones

A couple of quick things. One, Auburn is better than I thought they'd be. Two, I don't know what happened to our running attack in the second half. Three, Brandon Allen will lead this team to a bowl game this year. And four, until we learn how to play defense, we will not be competitive against top competition. I was wrong about the final result, and I'll put myself in that same boat every week because I'll ALWAYS pick my Hogs! Just because I'm a homer doesn't mean I don't live in reality. This team is close. But they have got to learn how to play defense.
I'm a Hog fan. I never chant S-E-C! I hate all the other members.

HogFanatic

Quote from: Jamie Jones on August 30, 2014, 08:53:23 pm
A couple of quick things. One, Auburn is better than I thought they'd be. Two, I don't know what happened to our running attack in the second half. Three, Brandon Allen will lead this team to a bowl game this year. And four, until we learn how to play defense, we will not be competitive against top competition. I was wrong about the final result, and I'll put myself in that same boat every week because I'll ALWAYS pick my Hogs! Just because I'm a homer doesn't mean I don't live in reality. This team is close. But they have got to learn how to play defense.

Our assistant coaches were stuck in an elevator at the half.

A tale of two halves has never been more apt.

Magic_Hogg

This story about the assistant coaches being stuck in the elevator during halftime - is this serious? 

I don't think any AR fan needs to be lectured to about there being more to life than winning a football game.  I mean really.  Anyone here think that we do not know that already?

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: EastexHawg on August 30, 2014, 08:49:17 pm
A lot of people understand rebuilding.  Some just don't understand why other programs can rebuild in a year or two but the company line is that it will take us several seasons.

That is because a Petrino rebuilding takes much longer than a regular rebuild.

PRJ

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Jamie Jones on August 30, 2014, 08:53:23 pm
Auburn not as good as they were last year. Their D let our offense score 3 TD's in first half at home. Remmber, we are on a 9 game losing streak...now 10. Our terrible D held them to 21 in first half.

What happened to our running attack in 2nd half is that our thin as balsa wood depth showed up in the hot south Alabama weather. Not rocket science. Brandon Allen will lead this team but it will likely not be to a bowl game. Not this year. I predicted 48-27. Missed it by 3 on Auburn end and 6 on Ark side. This team is furthest thing from "close" as you put it. Their D will not be able to stop at least 6 other teams on the schedule. 5-7 for this team, currently on a 10 game losing streak, is being optimistic at this point after observing the defense and the way the offense played only one half. That is reality.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HogFanatic

Quote from: Magic_Hogg on August 30, 2014, 08:57:57 pm
This story about the assistant coaches being stuck in the elevator during halftime - is this serious? 

I don't think any AR fan needs to be lectured to about there being more to life than winning a football game.  I mean really.  Anyone here think that we do not know that already?

Yes, it's serious.