Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Good job Arkansas

Started by peachy, August 30, 2014, 07:51:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pigsooietim

The last two classes were CBB's.. Before that John L was the coach.. I don't know who finished that class out was it CBB ? If so thats three classes on him.. But hey lets blame Petrino.. Where would this team be without the guys he recruited that contribute ? 0 for 20 ?

nextlevel

Quote from: pigsooietim on August 30, 2014, 08:18:14 pm
Petrino's recruiting isnt the problem here.. Geez !!! How many years are you going to blame Petrino !!! 10 ? 20 ? Please answer and show us your ignorance.

When Petrino recruited and "developed" secondaries quit giving up 3 TDs a game, I'll quit mentioning his ownership portion during the blame games.
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

pigsooietim

Quote from: tophawg19 on August 30, 2014, 08:19:23 pm
oh great pick one player to try to make a point. Gus built this team before he got there . sure he added a few players since he got there . he will always get good WR'S  just like we do RB'S

I don't see one big juco receiver making key plays for us. We had the same time.

nextlevel

Quote from: pigsooietim on August 30, 2014, 08:22:45 pm
The last two classes were CBB's.. Before that John L was the coach.. I don't know who finished that class out was it CBB ? If so thats three classes on him.. But hey lets blame Petrino.. Where would this team be without the guys he recruited that contribute ? 0 for 20 ?

Name me one recruit signed while John L was the HC at Arkansas.

Just one.
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

pigsooietim

Quote from: nextlevel on August 30, 2014, 08:23:59 pm
When Petrino recruited and "developed" secondaries quit giving up 3 TDs a game, I'll quit mentioning his ownership portion during the blame games.

I doubt it.

GlassofSwine

Quote from: pigsooietim on August 30, 2014, 08:22:45 pm

This post clearly shows your ignorance. The first class Bielema recruited was taken over from John L. That 3rd class was Petrino's last.

Jek Tono Porkins

Quote from: pigsooietim on August 30, 2014, 08:18:14 pm
Petrino's recruiting isnt the problem here.. Geez !!! How many years are you going to blame Petrino !!! 10 ? 20 ? Please answer and show us your ignorance.
Reductio ad absurdum is never a good argument.

I'll quit blaming Petrino when his recruits are no longer on the team. As is stands, this is BB's second year and many Petrino recruits are still on the team, not surprisingly, at the positions where we are the worst.

And yes, Petrino's recruiting is part of the problem because he didn't recruit hardly anything on defense.

In many ways, most of our problems are due to Petrino and more specifically, his genitalia.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

pigsooietim

Quote from: nextlevel on August 30, 2014, 08:24:33 pm
Name me one recruit signed while John L was the HC at Arkansas.

Just one.

I already said I dont recall who finished out the class the year John L coached. I don't think his hiring helped.. And thats the point. John L coached that year and was responsible for recruiting that entire season. So regardless of whoever ended up signing them its not Petrino's class.

Dirty

Quote from: pigsooietim on August 30, 2014, 08:24:48 pm
I doubt it.

Name one coach JLS signed!  You can't.  He didn't!

nextlevel

Quote from: pigsooietim on August 30, 2014, 08:26:06 pm
I already said I dont recall who finished out the class the year John L coached. I don't think his hiring helped.. And thats the point. John L coached that year and was responsible for recruiting that entire season. So regardless of whoever ended up signing them its not Petrino's class.

So, the fact that the class signed after the "next" guy finished the class for John L was a more highly regarded class than the previous three signed by Petrino is lost on you?

Not surprising.

ell oh ell

pigsooietim

Quote from: GlassofSwine on August 30, 2014, 08:25:16 pm
  This post clearly shows your ignorance. The first class Bielema recruited was taken over from John L. That 3rd class was Petrino's last.

No you lack reading comprehension. I said I dont know who signed the class. Fine you win  CBB signed that class from John L's year.. That means CBB has had three classes !! IN the same amount of time GM has had.. Yet Gus has two qbs that can play and a ton of quality receivers and we have none. Yeah blame Petrino.

pigsooietim

Quote from: nextlevel on August 30, 2014, 08:27:52 pm
So, the fact that the class signed after the "next" guy finished the class for John L was a more highly regarded class than the previous three signed by Petrino is lost on you?

Not surprising.

Rankings ? Who cares.. I care about winning and coaching.. We have neither.

GlassofSwine

Quote from: pigsooietim on August 30, 2014, 08:28:41 pm
No you lack reading comprehension. I said I dont know who signed the class. Fine you win  CBB signed that class from John L's year.. That means CBB has had three classes !! IN the same amount of time GM has had.. Yet Gus has two qbs that can play and a ton of quality receivers and we have none. Yeah blame Petrino.

Again you show your ignorance. Bielema was hired in December of 2012. He signed his first class in Feb of 2013(taking over for JLS). He played his first season which ended in Nov of 2013 and Bielema signed his second class in Feb of 2014 and is just now starting his second season. Maybe you should argue something you know about?

hogwild210

I think some of you will be surprised by our passing game as the season progresses, especially by our WRs. It was the first game of the season in a very hostile environment of a legitimate top ten team. I still think we go bowling.
Quote from: Steef on May 26, 2017, 12:28:23 pm
Still, one can never go wrong with excrement at a time like this.

Dirty

Quote from: GlassofSwine on August 30, 2014, 08:30:24 pm
  Again you show your ignorance. Bielma was hired in December of 2012. He signed his first class in Feb of 2013. He played his first season which ended in Nov of 2013 and Bielema signed his second class in Feb of 2014 and is just now starting his second season. Maybe you should argue something you know about?

OH!  The poster is toast!

pigsooietim

Quote from: GlassofSwine on August 30, 2014, 08:30:24 pm
  Again you show your ignorance. Bielma was hired in December of 2012. He signed his first class in Feb of 2013(taking over for JLS). He played his first season which ended in Nov of 2013 and Bielema signed his second class in Feb of 2014 and is just now starting his second season. Maybe you should argue something you know about?

You are ignoring the facts.. I dont give a rats arse who signed what.. The FACTs are that CBB has signed two classes.. And does not have two recievers and two qb's nears as good as what Gus has. Thats the point.

nextlevel

Quote from: pigsooietim on August 30, 2014, 08:28:41 pm

Since you obviously struggle to count to five, let me help you out here.

CBB is working on his third recruiting class signed to Arkansas.

The current team is comprised of recruits signed during the:

2014 recruiting class, signed by CBB
2013 recruiting class, signed by CBB
2012 recruiting class, signed by Petrino
2011 recruiting class, signed by Petrino
2010 recruiting class, signed by Petrino.

But since 3/5ths, or 60% since I have a feeling you will struggle with fractions, of the recruiting classes were signed by Petrino, the lack of depth or number of Freshmen, RS Freshmen, JUCOs, and/or Sophomores comprising the depth chart is not Petrino's fault.

Right......

ell oh ell

Jek Tono Porkins

Quote from: pigsooietim on August 30, 2014, 08:24:14 pm
I don't see one big juco receiver making key plays for us. We had the same time.
So you're mad that Bielema didn't recruit the #1 JUCO WR in the nation?

Get real, dude.

I don't know if you've noticed, but Bielema said he doesn't take transfers off of rebounds, meaning he won't take guys with prior arrests or trouble.

That nixes about half the JUCO pool right there.

Gus has no such qualms about taking such players, clearly.

Plus, recruiting at Arkansas and Auburn is not the same. Auburn has been recruiting at a top ten level for years. Comparing Arkansas and Auburn as if they have the same recruiting resources is stupidity of the highest order.

pigsooietim

CBB And Gus have had equal time to recruit and equal time to develop skill position players.. Gus has two great qb's we have one good one. Gus has multiple quality recivers we have ? One  ? IDK.... Not sure if we have one.. Thats the point. Got it ? good.

GlassofSwine

Quote from: pigsooietim on August 30, 2014, 08:32:51 pm
You are ignoring the facts.. I dont give a rats arse who signed what.. The FACTs are that CBB has signed two classes.. And does not have two recievers and two qb's nears as good as what Gus has. Thats the point.

Didn't you just claim he signed 3 classes? I'm not ignoring the facts, I'm giving you information that you said you didn't know. If you want someone to take your argument seriously about CBB's recruiting, maybe you should know the classes he has actually recruited first?

nextlevel

Duke is a good athlete, very raw WR, he doesn't run great routes but can out "talent" you in space.

Auburn recruits better athletes than Arkansas, someone alert the media...

ell oh ell

Jek Tono Porkins

Quote from: pigsooietim on August 30, 2014, 08:35:51 pm
CBB And Gus have had equal time to recruit and equal time to develop skill position players.. Gus has two great qb's we have one good one. Gus has multiple quality recivers we have ? One  ? IDK.... Not sure if we have one.. Thats the point. Got it ? good.
Arkansas does not have the same recruiting resources as Auburn.

Is your feeble mind capable of understanding that point?

Also, "and" should not be capitalized, you don't know how to use commas, it's "receivers", not "recivers", there should be no space before a question mark, and it's "That's", not "Thats".

I question your intelligence if you allegedly went to school for at least 13 years and still don't have a working knowledge of the English language.

aar0n

Our TEs more than carried their weight, the o-line was amazing, rbs amazing of course, BA was more than serviceable.  We just need 1 go-to game changing receiver, and a couple more reliable ones and we will be set on offense.  Our dominant O-line and RBs will single-handedly win us a couple games against our equal or lesser talented opponents.  BA seems much more confident and comfortable so far, and all we need him to be is a game manager like Alabama's quarterbacks have been the last several years and so far he looks the part.  Henry and Derby will make for a matchup nightmare, especially when there's other viable receivers brought in later or discovered this season.

Defense will take more time and depth.  At times they showed flashes of improvement in the secondary, never left a receiver completely wide open and didn't allow any catch to go un-contested.  Their tackling needs to greatly improve in the flat and one on one, but overall they did a decent job of staying tight with their receivers.  We didn't play 10 yards off the line, which I really liked.  Brooks Ellis is a stud back there, he looked good in blitz packages and run support.  I will reserve any more judgement until we play an average offense.

Special teams were a bright spot today I suppose, specifically the kicking game.  Kickoffs were more often than not out of the back of the endzone, punts were always placed perfectly.  There were a couple long returns close to midfield, which should be taken care of by the next few games.  Any coach will tell you that your kickoff and punt coverage teams are the hardest to figure out the right combination and placement of players.

pigsooietim

Quote from: nextlevel on August 30, 2014, 08:33:04 pm
Since you obviously struggle to count to five, let me help you out here.

CBB is working on his third recruiting class signed to Arkansas.

The current team is comprised of recruits signed during the:

2014 recruiting class, signed by CBB
2013 recruiting class, signed by CBB
2012 recruiting class, signed by Petrino
2011 recruiting class, signed by Petrino
2010 recruiting class, signed by Petrino.

But since 3/5ths, or 60% since I have a feeling you will struggle with fractions, of the recruiting classes were signed by Petrino, the lack of depth or number of Freshmen, RS Freshmen, JUCOs, and/or Sophomores comprising the depth chart is not Petrino's fault.

Right......

I can count to five.. I just didnt recall who signed who.. But by all means show everyone your desperation by lowering yourself to insults.

nextlevel

Gus has been involved in the recruitment of every class signed currently comprising his team.

CBB has been involved with 2 of 5 for his.

I can't simplify it any further, do you need me to draw you a picture?

ell oh ell

GlassofSwine

Interesting because Gus actually helped recruit all of Auburn's classes since 2009. Before he left for ASU he was still recruiting for Auburn for the 2012 class. The next year when he was hired he took over recruiting again for the 2013 class.

pigsooietim

Quote from: Jek Tono Porkins on August 30, 2014, 08:36:56 pm
Arkansas does not have the same recruiting resources as Auburn.

Is your feeble mind capable of understanding that point?

Bull Arkansas has the resources. They just refuse to use them. Because they can sell plenty of tickets to people satisfied with mediocrity.

AugustaHog

Please tell me how snything on this post is anything but truthful?  Poor 2nd half effort lead to a beating.  Our coaches have touted the improvement, which I failed to see. I still have faith in our eventual improvement, yet I can't say it will come this year.  BA looks the part though so I am hoping that he will continue to improve and pull out a bowl game for us.  Without D improvement, I have trouble imagining this though

BENTON PIGGEE

Quote from: FreshHog on August 30, 2014, 08:04:45 pm
People like you should seriously consider leaving the boards... Your posts are nonconstructive and provide nothing to the conversation. You do nothing but make yourself look like an ignorant [CENSORED].

Good post peachy, I too thought we played VERY well in the first half, the team just lacks depth to play in a hostile environment in such hot/humid conditions, the team was worn out ( dont confuse that for "gave up", because they fought until the end ).

Positives to take away from this:

QB Play HAS improved. ( Lets hope the WR's can catch up )
The running game has gotten even better.
Defense was more aggressive and played better than last year, although tackling still could use some improvement.

So how long does it take for the Kool-Aid to wear off?

pigsooietim

Quote from: nextlevel on August 30, 2014, 08:38:12 pm
Gus has been involved in the recruitment of every class signed currently comprising his team.

CBB has been involved with 2 of 5 for his.

I can't simplify it any further, do you need me to draw you a picture?

I dont need a picture to see that Gus has trained two qb's in the time CBB has taken to barely train one.. Gus has been at AU the same amount of time that CBB has been at Arkansas !!!! Recruited who or what screw that was Gus at A state or training QB's at AU.. OR DO YOU NEED ME TO DRAW YOU A PICTURE.. Insulting me only shows you are afraid.

fakebobholt

The only ones saying they saw improvment were the ones crowing all summer how they just knew we were better because they hoped or thought. We played 1 good qtr of football. We scored 7 points in the first and were down 21-7 going into the 2nd. This D is as bad as last year, no improvment in coverage or tackling. We ran the ball well until they decided to stop it. Look at the 2nd half, what did we have 2 or 3 first downs and 2 or 3 three and outs. BA looks lost on the run. Enough with he played great but had drops. Thats part of football. We were completly dominated in the 2nd half. We gave up 600 yards and if hthey kept up the pace like they did in the 3rd, it would have been 700 yards and 2 more scores. Im shocked gus didnt punch in another score at the end.
The only 2 deep balls werent reads but called plays. Pump fake and a double go. I dont recall him finding a reciever off his first look farther than 10 yards all game. We coukd have jamius winston at qb but we cant stop anybody. We quit running in the 2nd half because they stopped us, not by choice. Prepare to see lots of loaded boxes. I said we were a year away and a qb change away from a bowl.

What I dont get is the bashing of anyone who doesnt have the same view as you. As it turns out theywere correct in todays analysis. Re read the game thread, everybody was talking more trash than in the first half than the second. Plenty of bashing of those whose rose glasses arent coke bottles. People assuming that we automatically get better just because we are older doesnt remember hooties teams much. Auburn repected the pass a little in the first half but didnt in the second. They dictated 3 of the 4 quarters today. Its a shame those who made bold predictions have to go down fighting holding on to seeing improvment. We cant compete with average qb play and a horrible back 7. Even if the qb play improves next year, we have to improve our D because we cant keep up score for score the way we are built. Its a long year and hopefully we improve but if we cant run over teams this year we are in trouble. This we are better but it wont show uo in the wins/loss is bs. The rest of the country looks at the score and yards given up. They dont say oh they had drops and played good for a quarter. Its a 4 qtr game where talent wins out 99/100 times. Did we even have 50 yards in the second half, if thats improvment I guess we see things different.

nextlevel

Quote from: pigsooietim on August 30, 2014, 08:41:32 pm
I dont need a picture to see that Gus has trained two qb's in the time CBB has taken to barely train one.. Gus has been at AU the same amount of time that CBB has been at Arkansas !!!! Recruited who or what screw that was Gus at A state or training QB's at AU.. OR DO YOU NEED ME TO DRAW YOU A PICTURE.. Insulting me only shows you are afraid.

Nick Marshal has 69 yards of total offense in a half, all the while having to look to the sideline for a read to be relayed in to him pre-snap, that is "superior training"?

All CBB has at his disposal is Petrino recruited QBs.

ell oh ell

BENTON PIGGEE

Quote from: AugustaHog on August 30, 2014, 08:06:56 pm
Absolutely poor effort in the 2nd half all around.  Coach smiths WRs still can't catch the ball and somehow we forgot how to block anyone after the break.  Robb Smith did a lousy job calling plays and preparing our guys period.  I was hoping for better.  Unimpressed to say the least. I'm very worried to think what TT has waiting for us.  If that's our best, 4 wins is as good as we'll do.  Guys like Mauk, Wallace,Hill, and Prescott will whip us if we don't improve drastically.  Kudos to BA for playing a very good game though.

Yeah, Texas Tech will probably shred our secondary apart. I hope we win, but the mismatch between their passing game and our secondary is ominous.

aar0n

Quote from: BENTON PIGGEE on August 30, 2014, 08:40:52 pm
So how long does it take for the Kool-Aid to wear off?

Until we lose to a team we're not SUPPOSED to lose to, not lose to a team that was 13 seconds away from a national championship and returned the core of their team....in their stadium.....the first game of the season.  Did people honestly think we would win this game?

pigsooietim

Quote from: nextlevel on August 30, 2014, 08:43:53 pm
Nick Marshal has 69 yards of total offense in a half, all the while having to look to the sideline for a read to be relayed in to him pre-snap, that is "superior training"?

All CBB has at his disposal is Petrino recruited QBs.

LMAO and yeah we know Petrino doesnt know a thing about qb's.. Now you are just piling on the stupid.

pigsooietim

Quote from: aar0n on August 30, 2014, 08:46:29 pm
Until we lose to a team we're not SUPPOSED to lose to, not lose to a team that was 13 seconds away from a national championship and returned the core of their team....in their stadium.....the first game of the season.  Did people honestly think we would win this game?

Ol Booger says we won't win a single conference game .. Who is it we are favored to beat ?

pigsooietim

Until Arkansas is ready to spend the money for top talent and to invest themselves into a top notch coach we may as well have HDN coaching.. Because nothings going to change.

nextlevel

Quote from: pigsooietim on August 30, 2014, 08:46:41 pm
LMAO and yeah we know Petrino doesnt know a thing about qb's.. Now you are just piling on the stupid.

I will have you tell me one Petrino QB who has made it in the NFL, I will get that answer right after you list that JLS signed recruit to Arkansas.

ell oh ell

GlassofSwine

Quote from: BENTON PIGGEE on August 30, 2014, 08:45:22 pm
Yeah, Texas Tech will probably shred our secondary apart. I hope we win, but the mismatch between their passing game and our secondary is ominous.

They might, but right now UCA is giving Texas Tech all they want at Lubbock. Tech doesn't have the Oline are receivers of Auburn. The bigger mismatch in the passing game was tonight. If Gus would have stuck with Johnson he could have passed for 500.

Jek Tono Porkins

Quote from: pigsooietim on August 30, 2014, 08:41:32 pm
Nick Marshall wouldn't have ever stepped foot on Arkansas's campus under CBB because CBB doesn't take transfers off rebounds.

BTW, the only reason you saw Jeremy Johnson today was because of Nick Marshall's law problem.

Now if you have a problem with CBB not taking criminal JUCO students, you should really find another team to root for.

Plus, I'd say our defense made Johnson look a lot better than he actually is.

Because of Nick Marshall's trouble with the law, the staff had no clue what to prepare for with Johnson.

I think everyone was shocked because the offense under Johnson is completely different that it is under Marshall.

Now I know that you're probably drunk and/or retarded and you probably didn't get past "CBB" but understand that you are not smart, you don't have a working knowledge of the English language based on your writing, and you should probably get off here and attempt to go read a book.

Quickdraw

Quote from: aar0n on August 30, 2014, 07:58:14 pm
I don't know why I ever bother to go to Hogville during/after a game.  There is so much stupidity and trolls on here it's unbearable at this point.  It was a good idea to have the seperate game thread area, but just letting it all spill into MMQB when there's still rational discussion to be had is just disappointing.  I want to talk about the game and actual facts, players, positions, strategies, etc.  Not see darn like "haha we suck again." 

I agree totally. We are improved on the offense and the defense has a lot of work in front of them especially the safety position. these guys need some help. Hopefully someone will step up and seize the opportunity.

JansterZ71

Quote from: Jek Tono Porkins on August 30, 2014, 08:50:08 pm
Nick Marshall wouldn't have ever stepped foot on Arkansas's campus under CBB because CBB doesn't take transfers off rebounds.

BTW, the only reason you saw Jeremy Johnson today was because of Nick Marshall's law problem.

Now if you have a problem with CBB not taking criminal JUCO students, you should really find another team to root for.

Plus, I'd say our defense made Johnson look a lot better than he actually is.

Because of Nick Marshall's trouble with the law, the staff had no clue what to prepare for with Johnson.

I think everyone was shocked because the offense under Johnson is completely different that it is under Marshall.

Now I know that you're probably drunk and/or retarded and you probably didn't get past "CBB" but understand that you are not smart, you don't have a working knowledge of the English language based on your writing, and you should probably get off here and attempt to go read a book.

The only people shocked we're hog fans that know nothing about Auburn.  Jeremy Johnson started 2 games last year and ran the same offense as you saw in the 1st half.  The coaches knew this & I'm sure watched those games. Johnson would start at most SEC schools including Arkansas.
I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.
I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully. I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men. I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities. I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all. I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all. I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."

devildoghawg

I love how we play a decent game against a likely Playoff contender and instead of looking at the positives we just cannibalize our own. 
Quote from: kingofdequeen on July 25, 2013, 06:21:48 pm
If you've got a dumba** son, do you love him any less?  no.  you just overlook his faults b/c you love him.  At least that's what my dad does.

Cale

Quote from: VT HOG on August 30, 2014, 07:53:28 pm
9 straight SEC losses. Real great
actually, it's 10. We lost to LSU at the end of the 2012 "campaign"
Quote from: jst01 on January 06, 2018, 06:00:42 pm<br />Maybe we are a baseball school <br />

hogblade

LOLing at the idea that we had no idea how to prepare for Jeremy Johnson, as if he is some mystery player that no one has heard of or seen before.

Like Jansterz71 said, he started two games last year and they ran the same offense they did today.

If that is true, and we had no idea, then we are screwed more than I thought.

lumphog

Quote from: aar0n on August 30, 2014, 07:58:14 pm
I don't know why I ever bother to go to Hogville during/after a game.  There is so much stupidity and trolls on here it's unbearable at this point.  It was a good idea to have the seperate game thread area, but just letting it all spill into MMQB when there's still rational discussion to be had is just disappointing.  I want to talk about the game and actual facts, players, positions, strategies, etc.  Not see darn like "haha we suck again." 
YEP

lumphog

We ARE movin in the right direction.........DEPTH

hoghearted

I think folks got their hopes up too high during the first half, and thought we were actually going to pull off the upset.

Disappointment has clouded their vision, so they can't or won't see the improvements. We definitely aren't 'there' yet, but it looks promising to me, and I haven't exactly been singing Bielema's praises. Auburn has a prolific offense, and we didn't match up well. We knew that going in, but our defense showed well in spots, until they wore out. As for the offense, I can't say what happened to the line. Worn out? Play calling? Loss of focus? Regardless, I am not especially dismayed with today's outcome. I knew it was going to be a long shot.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

BENTON PIGGEE

Quote from: aar0n on August 30, 2014, 08:46:29 pm
Until we lose to a team we're not SUPPOSED to lose to, not lose to a team that was 13 seconds away from a national championship and returned the core of their team....in their stadium.....the first game of the season. Did people honestly think we would win this game?

Yes.

The majority of Hogville posters predicted a win.