Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Good job Arkansas

Started by peachy, August 30, 2014, 07:51:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

I'm starting to Believe we got HDN 2.0.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

AugustaHog

Quote from: devildoghawg on August 30, 2014, 08:57:06 pm
I love how we play a decent game against a likely Playoff contender and instead of looking at the positives we just cannibalize our own.
I'm a pretty optimistic fan and I can't call what I watched 'decent'.  We had a good offensive first half but were outclassed miserably in all aspects in the 2nd.  We have talent, it just needs to execute and be deployed properly.  I am upset that the D fundamentals were still so poor.  Tackling was still not very good. We had better shore this up or we wil continue to get gutted.

rzrbackramsfan

Gus Malzahn could've came in here and wooped a in the sec day one... I was not for hiring him but it's obvious.  Excellent coach and play caller.

Bielema could be good too, though.  Maybe what he lacks in X's and O's he can make up for in other areas.  I think he just needs more time. The players have been getting stronger since he's been here, unfortunately those players are still young, have not been under his stewardship for long, and they have more work to do.

I still see us getting 5-6 wins, but believe were still probably 3 years away from seeing what bielema can really give us. 

fakebobholt

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on August 30, 2014, 09:16:51 pm
Gus Malzahn could've came in here and wooped a in the sec day one... I was not for hiring him but it's obvious.  Excellent coach and play caller.

Bielema could be good too, though.  Maybe what he lacks in X's and O's he can make up for in other areas.  I think he just needs more time. The players have been getting stronger since he's been here, unfortunately those players are still young, have not been under his stewardship for long, and they have more work to do.

I still see us getting 5-6 wins, but believe were still probably 3 years away from seeing what bielema can really give us. 

It doesnt take 5 years to build a football team. Seems we have given up on just wait till next year. Its now 3 years. How do you explain ol miss winning. Hootie left them winless in the confrence and devoid of talent yet they have a winning record. Next year if we start a different qb the excuse will be we have a new qb.

Quote from: BENTON PIGGEE on August 30, 2014, 09:09:41 pm
Yes.

The majority of Hogville posters predicted a win.

hawgrunner

August 31, 2014, 02:12:52 am #104 Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 09:18:40 am by hawgrunner
Could of been worst. Play better teams than you and learn from your mistakes.
Go Hogs!!
WPS!!!

Gotigers08

Quote from: nextlevel on August 30, 2014, 08:38:12 pm
Gus has been involved in the recruitment of every class signed currently comprising his team.

CBB has been involved with 2 of 5 for his.

I can't simplify it any further, do you need me to draw you a picture?

Gus was recruiting for Auburn as HC at Arkansas ST?  hmmm