razorjack12

Penn State eeks by UCF on last second FG

Navy leads Ohio State at Half

Illinois in a dogfight with FCS Youngstown State at Half

Iowa in a dogfight with FCS Northern Iowa at Half

Purdue in dogfight with Western Michigan at Half

Im sorry, but the B1G sucks big time

GlassofSwine

Good, let's end the talk about the B1G early this year.

Hogarusa

Penn State was only favored by 1.5 so that isn't much of a surprise.  The others- yea b1g isn't great
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

PorcineSublime

Watching Iowa/UNI. Think both of these teams may be better than us right now. At least defensively. UNI always seems to be tough. UCF is not exactly chopped liver either. Purdue and WMI, I can't comment on them. OSU may be in the same boat we were in last year. No back up to step in when their all everything QB went down.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

PorcineSublime

OK, I could be wrong. Iowa's D looked lost on that last play. Looked like the play the LSU beat us with last year.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

LRRandy

Quote from: razorjack12 on August 30, 2014, 12:39:11 pm

Navy leads Ohio State at Half

covered a 15 point spread. That's why you play the second half.
This is fun, isn't it.

razorjack12

Quote from: LRRandy on August 30, 2014, 02:21:45 pm
covered a 15 point spread. That's why you play the second half.
Yes, but this day was typical B1G football.  Flirted with death all afternoon against what should have been vastly inferior competition.

Then pulled out wins late.

They do this every single year.

One more reason to hate the B1G.

LRRandy

Quote from: razorjack12 on August 30, 2014, 02:37:53 pm
  Yes, but this day was typical B1G football.  Flirted with death all afternoon against what should have been vastly inferior competition.

Then pulled out wins late.

They do this every single year.

One more reason to hate the B1G.
hmm. All wins so far for the B1G. Good luck to your hogs.
This is fun, isn't it.

tophawg19

at least we play somebody unlike your OSU team
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

razorjack12

Quote from: LRRandy on August 30, 2014, 03:10:35 pm
The B1G sucks.   I know thats hard for you to deal with, but it is true.

razorjack12

Quote from: LRRandy on August 30, 2014, 03:10:35 pm
See, this is exactly why I hate the B1G.

You come on here braying about how the B1G won all their games.

The bell cow of the B1G - Ohio State - struggled to beat a service academy.

Illinois and Iowa struggled against FCS opponents.

Purdue beat a MAC school late.

Penn State needed a last second FG to beat an AAC school.

Terrible, terrible.

LRRandy

Quote from: razorjack12 on August 30, 2014, 06:13:16 pm
See, this is exactly why I hate the B1G.

You come on here braying about how the B1G won all their games.

The bell cow of the B1G - Ohio State - struggled to beat a service academy.

Illinois and Iowa struggled against FCS opponents.

Purdue beat a MAC school late.

Penn State needed a last second FG to beat an AAC school.

Terrible, terrible.
that Navy offense is real. They will win many games this year, watch. I will take a struggling 17 point win breaking in 4 new offensive linemen a new starting RB and a freshman QB pressed into service only two weeks after 2 time B1G player of the year goes  out for year. Ohio State out scored its opponent 28-10 in the second half, how was Bielemas half time adjustment? 
This is fun, isn't it.

LRRandy

Quote from: razorjack12 on August 30, 2014, 06:07:12 pm
The B1G sucks.   I know thats hard for you to deal with, but it is true.
well at least my team has a legitimate chance to win every week and I don't have to resort to puffing my chest out based solely on conference affiliation. Sucks for ya. 
This is fun, isn't it.

LRRandy

Quote from: tophawg19 on August 30, 2014, 04:18:03 pm
at least we play somebody unlike your OSU team
Navy would crush Arkansas. And you know it.
This is fun, isn't it.

razorjack12

Quote from: LRRandy on August 30, 2014, 06:21:32 pm
Ohio State out scored its opponent 28-10 in the second half, how was Bielemas half time adjustment? 
Ohio State played a service academy.    We are playing the defending SEC champion who was 13 seconds away from a National Title.  But if you want to compare the two - go ahead!

But the point remains - year in and year out we watch the B1G struggle to put away vastly inferior opponents.   

Which is usually followed up by the B1G getting shell shocked during bowl season.

LRRandy

Quote from: razorjack12 on August 30, 2014, 06:26:39 pm
  Ohio State played a service academy.    We are playing the defending SEC champion who was 13 seconds away from a National Title.  But if you want to compare the two - go ahead!

But the point remains - year in and year out we watch the B1G struggle to put away vastly inferior opponents.   

Which is usually followed up by the B1G getting shell shocked during bowl season.
not arguing that Navy is better than Auburn. They are not. But your demeaning service academy shot is offensive to the men and women that serve this country proudly. Shame on you. God bless America.
This is fun, isn't it.

LRRandy

Quote from: LRRandy on August 30, 2014, 06:54:04 pm
not arguing that Navy is better than Auburn. They are not. But your demeaning service academy shot is offensive to the men and women that serve this country proudly. Shame on you. God bless America.
ok patriotic rant over. Arkansas would have trouble with Navy. They have a talented option qb and are a good offensive team. Keep an eye on them thus year , they are going to win a lot if games.
This is fun, isn't it.

razorjack12

Quote from: LRRandy on August 30, 2014, 06:54:04 pm
Laughable that you would try and claim that I am demeaning the service academies. ..especially considering that I was PRAYING that Navy would pull the upset.   

Truth is, the service academies simply can't recruit like other schools...especially flagship programs like Ohio State. 

Be that as it may, this is Navies best program in years.  And your QB is out, so that did make a difference in the game being close for 3 Qtrs.

razorjack12

Quote from: LRRandy on August 30, 2014, 06:57:06 pm
ok patriotic rant over. Arkansas would have trouble with Navy. They have a talented option qb and are a good offensive team. Keep an eye on them thus year , they are going to win a lot if games.
I wouldn't want Arkansas to play Navy this year.     Would be a very tough game for us.

LRRandy

Quote from: razorjack12 on August 30, 2014, 06:57:54 pm
Laughable that you would try and claim that I am demeaning the service academies. ..especially considering that I was PRAYING that Navy would pull the upset.   

Truth is, the service academies simply can't recruit like other schools...especially flagship programs like Ohio State. 

Be that as it may, this is Navies best program in years.  And your QB is out, so that did make a difference in the game being close for 3 Qtrs.
i was really just kidding about not being patriotic. I knew what you meant about service academies and their level of talent. I thought it was funny.
This is fun, isn't it.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: LRRandy on August 30, 2014, 06:23:52 pm
well at least my team has a legitimate chance to win every week and I don't have to resort to puffing my chest out based solely on conference affiliation. Sucks for ya. 

You from Ohio? Have you lived there?
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

LRRandy

This is fun, isn't it.

Ragnar Hogbrok

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Huckleberry Pig

so LRRandy is an Ohio State fan...  explains a lot

DEVIL DOG HOG

What team did Vanderbilt lose to?
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

razorjack12

Quote from: DEVIL DOG HOG on September 01, 2014, 11:18:36 am
What team did Vanderbilt lose to?
Temple.   Commodores got annihilated.