Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hard horns already

Started by TechHawg, August 29, 2014, 10:42:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TechHawg

I checked my trail cam this evening. Very pumped with the pics I got. A really tall 11 point still in velvet and a wide pencil rack 8 point who has already rubbed off his velvet. Don't believe I've ever see a buck with his velvet gone in late August.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Rzbakfromwaybak

Yes, I don't ever remember seeing a buck without velvet in August, very unusual.

That tall buck in the pic.....is a nice one, he will score well.  Nice pics.

What area were these pics taken??
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

TechHawg

Northern Hempstead county. I killed a 146" mainframe 12 in this spot 3 years ago. I have pics of the tall buck from last year and he has grown a lot. He is definitely at the top of my hit list.

Wayne Watson

Good pics.  I have never seen the velvet gone in August either.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: TechHawg on August 30, 2014, 05:35:50 am

Northern Hempstead county. I killed a 146" mainframe 12 in this spot 3 years ago. I have pics of the tall buck from last year and he has grown a lot. He is definitely at the top of my hit list.

Sounds like you have some good Bucks & genetics in your area.  Hope you get a chance at the tall one in the pic's.....good luck.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

kodiakisland

Checked my cameras yesterday.  I saw several deer with no velvet by Aug 26 and several deer that are still in full velvet.  I did not see any that were in the process of shedding velvet.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

HogShat