I'd say we're looking pretty good.

http://instagram.com/p/sTUm3zghs2/

[attachment deleted by admin]

Steef

Thanks for the post.

Welcome to KJ. Welcome to Will.

dhornjr1

HognitiveDissonance

First thing I noticed was how cool those uniforms look. Those are slick.

WBC Hog

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on August 29, 2014, 11:23:05 pm

Same here.

redeye

It looks like a gif, emoticon or something isn't showing up for me.  What came after "Hmmm"?

Break & Run

Quote from: redeye on August 29, 2014, 11:50:27 pm
It looks like a gif, emoticon or something isn't showing up for me.  What came after "Hmmm"?

A monkey with his hands over his eyes. An iPhone/iPad emoticon.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

redeye

Quote from: Break & Run on August 30, 2014, 12:42:04 am
A monkey with his hands over his eyes. An iPhone/iPad emoticon.

Thanks!

razorback44

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on August 29, 2014, 11:23:05 pm

That's what we're wearing today.
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

SemperFi

I'd say that's a very strong indicator that Will Gragg will be a Razorback. WPS!
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

bphi11ips

Bielema mending holes in the fence. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

alwaysnextyear

Quote from: bphi11ips on August 30, 2014, 07:15:44 am
Bielema mending holes in the fence.
Yep. Petrino wrecked in-state recruiting but B is slowly restoring the sense of pride in staying home.

Steef

Hawgzinbowlz

We need him.     " GO HOGS "

board

ml2200

hoghiker

ThisTeetsTaken

Are we really wearing white shoes?
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

fakebobholt

Grown ups following kids on any form of social media is down right creepy.

The real Hogules

Quote from: fakebobholt on August 30, 2014, 10:22:01 am

What's the difference in someone following kids on Twitter and then posting it here, and you clicking on a thread to see what was said?
IMHO, not much.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

mhuff

Pathogen

How do you propose following recruits?  Following RD that follows kids on social media?  Following Hogville members that follow kids on social media?  I guess to you following kids on social media is creepy, but following "creepy" adults that follow kids on social media is not.

BrokenArrowHogs

Very cool photo.  Glad these in-state kids are so excited and optimistic about the future of the program.  Will make all the difference in the world IMO. 

Huckleberry Pig

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

fakebobholt

Quote from: Pathogen on August 30, 2014, 11:32:41 am
How do you propose following recruits?  Following RD that follows kids on social media?  Following Hogville members that follow kids on social media?  I guess to you following kids on social media is creepy, but following "creepy" adults that follow kids on social media is not.

I wonder how recruiting was done before twitter. Im not on any of those social sites. I have fb and at times thats more than I care for. 30-50 year olds following and responding to 16-17 year old kids is considered wierd everywhere but message boards. I look at the product on the field to know all I need to know. Watching the meltdowns on here after a kid goes elsewhere is why I could care less

RazorPiggie

Says the Dad that's hanging around HS and College athletes in the gym trying to bring info here.

onebadrubi

Quote from: RazorPiggie on August 30, 2014, 01:57:50 pm
Says the Dad that's hanging around HS and College athletes in the gym trying to bring info here.

All he hears is stranger danger from the kids

MissippHog

Oh snap!

ncbailey

Quote from: fakebobholt on Today at 10:22:01 am

+2000

HogAlum99

Didn't this fakebobholt dude agree to never post again if his rock solid gym sources were wrong about Hill? He and his son must be devastated that they received bad info were they work out with all the top athletes!!! Hahahahahaha!!!

redeye

Quote from: fakebobholt on August 30, 2014, 01:22:55 pm

I wonder how recruiting was done before twitter. Im not on any of those social sites. I have fb and at times thats more than I care for. 30-50 year olds following and responding to 16-17 year old kids is considered wierd everywhere but message boards. I look at the product on the field to know all I need to know. Watching the meltdowns on here after a kid goes elsewhere is why I could care less

The difference is that "following" is how it works online.  It's not creepy, because everyone does it and they can see who else is doing it.

Having said that, I don't do it, because I don't have the time, but I think grown-ups can be creepy around players on and offline.  Following a player on twitter isn't creepy, but some of the tweets to those players are very creepy.

zane

BOOM
RIP LSUfan

greasy_corner

That's what I was thinking too.  Well that, and the fact that the info was wrong. 

uncle bubs

God bless the Boston Mountains.

Porkahontas

Quote from: redeye on August 31, 2014, 12:42:52 am
The difference is that "following" is how it works online.  It's not creepy, because everyone does it and they can see who else is doing it.

Having said that, I don't do it, because I don't have the time, but I think grown-ups can be creepy around players on and offline.  Following a player on twitter isn't creepy, but some of the tweets to those players are very creepy.

This is solid.

Rarely, very rarely, do I ever tweet "at" a recruit. Never begging one to come to Arkansas or anything like that. Once was a reminder to a recruit that not all Hog fans are as obnoxious or rude as a couple were that had tweeted hateful type stuff at him. Another was a bit of a joke regarding something unrelated to football that didn't sniff "creepy".

Nothing wrong with following recruits, and favoring or retweeting something that may be meant for Hog fans in particular, especially if rival school fans are making it known loud and clear that they want the kid at their school.

Social media, just be smart about it and don't cross the creeper line and there shouldn't be an issue with it.

immahog

Quote from: greasy_corner on August 31, 2014, 09:18:03 am
That's what I was thinking too.  Well that, and the fact that the info was wrong.

or maybe he was lying about the so called info he said he had either way he sounds dumb
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: Porkahontas on August 31, 2014, 03:05:33 pm
This is solid.

Rarely, very rarely, do I ever tweet "at" a recruit. Never begging one to come to Arkansas or anything like that. Once was a reminder to a recruit that not all Hog fans are as obnoxious or rude as a couple were that had tweeted hateful type stuff at him. Another was a bit of a joke regarding something unrelated to football that didn't sniff "creepy".

Nothing wrong with following recruits, and favoring or retweeting something that may be meant for Hog fans in particular, especially if rival school fans are making it known loud and clear that they want the kid at their school.

Social media, just be smart about it and don't cross the creeper line and there shouldn't be an issue with it.

Exactly, the only thing I ever tweet "at" a recurit is the generic "WPS" or "come be a hog" stuff or, like you, I am telling some grown man to chill out and let these kids be kids. And no, it is not "creepy" it is what these guys ask for.

The people that are "creepy" are the fans that answer or reply to a text that a recruit puts out. Like recruit A, he is committed to the hogs, but guess what he probably has a girlfriend too. Or more than one girl to chose from, more than one party to chose to go to, and he tweets "Having a change of heart". Well here comes Johnny Creeper,or FakeBobHolt as I like to call them, and they are trying to decipher what a 16 year old is talking about.

Don't get it wrong these guys want followers, they want to be that kid at school with 5000+ followers. IT IS A SOCIAL THING, and before they were being recruited they, like all their classmates, had 250 followers. However don't get it wrong they use twitter as a way to talk to there classmates. 95% of the time they are tweeting things for other 16-18 year olds to understand, not overzealous hog fan (fakebobholt)

It is not "creepy" to follow recruits it's not "creepy" to "show some love" to recruits, but it is creepy to reply to everything that they post because everything they post is not for you/us.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

Boardon Hamsay

I just raped my right hand....twice. WPS
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

The Boar War

Quote from: HogAlum99 on August 30, 2014, 10:45:16 pm
Didn't this fakebobholt dude agree to never post again if his rock solid gym sources were wrong about Hill? He and his son must be devastated that they received bad info were they work out with all the top athletes!!! Hahahahahaha!!!

If I remember correctly the bet was his idea.