Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Since auburn will be playing an illegal player....

Started by Hollywood_HOGan45, August 29, 2014, 05:35:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollywood_HOGan45

Why shouldn't we be able to bring Fred talley back to the plains to break his own records?

popcornhog

WPS

Hollywood_HOGan45

PorkRinds

ShadowTheHedgehog

Bring it, bring the best team they can field. We need to make a statement and leave no doubt that we beat Auburn, in Auburn, at full strength.

peachy

popcornhog

Quote from: peachy on August 29, 2014, 05:44:57 pm
How is he an illegal player?

I guess the OP was kidding around.

If the NCAA ruled him ineligible I can't imagine they'd play him.
WPS

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: popcornhog on August 29, 2014, 05:47:11 pm
I guess the OP was kidding around.

If the NCAA ruled him ineligible I can't imagine they'd play him.

I can.  It's auburn.   ;)

Steef

Has Auburn ever fielded a team that DIDN'T have illegal players?

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on August 29, 2014, 05:35:40 pm
Why shouldn't we be able to bring Fred talley back to the plains to break his own records?

As much appreciation and respect as I have for Talley, I am of the opinion that we are in better shape now with a three-headed monster in the backfield. It would be nice to add Talley to those three, but...we don't have a time machine. ;)
Go Hogs Go!

Hollywood_HOGan45

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 29, 2014, 05:50:03 pm
As much appreciation and respect as I have for Talley, I am of the opinion that we are in better shape now with a three-headed monster in the backfield. It would be nice to add Talley to those three, but...we don't have a time machine. ;)
Ha true.
Talley just seemed to play a notch above his capabilities vs auburn.

242 yards

Pigsknuckles

He could be facing these issues beyond the Arkansas game, Gus said in an interview last Saturday "Gus Malzahn told reporters Saturday that Auburn returning starting "star" safety Robenson Therezie could miss the Tiger's season opener against Arkansas -- and potentially games beyond that"

That doesn't sound like he will be playing against us, and may be questionable beyond that.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Poker_hog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on August 29, 2014, 05:50:03 pm

We're talking Talley vs AU, not regular Talley.  He owned the barners.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Poker_hog on August 29, 2014, 05:58:46 pm
We're talking Talley vs AU, not regular Talley.  He owned the barners.

We still don't have a time machine, but if you do, let me know. I'd like to go back in time and place some future bets.
Go Hogs Go!

popcornhog

WPS

popcornhog

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on August 29, 2014, 05:52:20 pm
Ha true.
Talley just seemed to play a notch above his capabilities vs auburn.

242 yards

This ^^^

He still be runnin
WPS

TomasPistola

Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

zane

RIP LSUfan

EastexHawg

Fred Talley was a first team All-SEC running back and averaged 5.3 yards per carry for his career.  He is the only Razorback in history with three 80 yard or longer runs from scrimmage.  He was a true burner, as in real track speed.  I don't think we have anyone on the roster who has surpassed his accomplishments yet.

hawginbigd1

OLDHOG

Quote from: steefhog on August 29, 2014, 05:49:57 pm
That's awesome right there. I'm just sayin.

razorbackkid

Last I heard Talley was in Africa training baby cheetah's and kicking the older, slower ones out of the tribes.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

lumphog

Quote from: EastexHawg on August 29, 2014, 08:04:53 pm
Fred Talley was a first team All-SEC running back and averaged 5.3 yards per carry for his career.  He is the only Razorback in history with three 80 yard or longer runs from scrimmage.  He was a true burner, as in real track speed.  I don't think we have anyone on the roster who has surpassed his accomplishments yet.
YET

HogFanatic

Didn't Auburn have a player a few years back who failed like SIX drug tests?
I wonder how long this much talked about "official policy" has been in effect... 2 years?

I'm not surprised they are making a mockery of their own rules. They make a mockery of all the others, and Gus Malzahn has zero moral compass bearing...but, this guy isn't an "illegal player." That's the thing about self-imposed policies. You can break them any time you wish without repercussions.

Oh well, I still think Arkansas can win.

lefty08

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on August 29, 2014, 09:44:21 pm
I wonder how long this much talked about "official policy" has been in effect... 2 years?

I'm not surprised they are making a mockery of their own rules. They make a mockery of all the others, and Gus Malzahn has zero moral compass bearing...but, this guy isn't an "illegal player." That's the thing about self-imposed policies. You can break them any time you wish without repercussions.

With the news coming that Therezie has been cleared makes me think that Gus is a lot more worried about this game than his fans are
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

scruf

AU still loses this game even with Cam at QB and Kristi playing center.

lefty08

Quote from: scruf on August 30, 2014, 07:37:28 am
AU still loses this game even with Cam at QB and Kristi playing center.

ask an AU fan and they will tell ya Jeremy Johnson is better than Cam
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

eric_mullins34

Quote from: steefhog on August 29, 2014, 05:49:57 pm
Yep, the year they went 3-9. lol
Calling the Hogs from NEA!

scruf

Quote from: lefty08 on August 30, 2014, 07:41:40 am
ask an AU fan and they will tell ya Jeremy Johnson is better than Cam

Well, he certainly does have a more flamboyant delivery when he throws.

razorsharptusk

Update.  For what it's worth:

"AUBURN -- Tigers defensive back Robenson Therezie has been cleared to play in Saturday's game between No. 6 Auburn and Arkansas, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

Therezie, who was photographed getting onto the team bus to Montgomery by fans attending the Reverse Tiger Walk Friday afternoon, was dealing with what Auburn coach Gus Malzahn called "eligibility issues.

A decision was made regarding those unspecified issues on Friday and Therezie, who started all 14 games at "star' safety for Auburn last season, was cleared but will not start for the Tigers on Saturday, according to the source."

GO HOGS!!

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: razorsharptusk on August 30, 2014, 08:26:30 am
Update.  For what it's worth:

"AUBURN -- Tigers defensive back Robenson Therezie has been cleared to play in Saturday's game between No. 6 Auburn and Arkansas, according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

Therezie, who was photographed getting onto the team bus to Montgomery by fans attending the Reverse Tiger Walk Friday afternoon, was dealing with what Auburn coach Gus Malzahn called "eligibility issues.

A decision was made regarding those unspecified issues on Friday and Therezie, who started all 14 games at "star' safety for Auburn last season, was cleared but will not start for the Tigers on Saturday, according to the source."

It's a miracle! 

How much more blatantly obvious can you get that you will excuse any behavior, bend any rule, and grease any palm to win.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Roadrunner

Quote from: Ashley Schaeffer on August 29, 2014, 09:44:21 pm

No
When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you.