Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

First play?

Started by hogfan870, August 29, 2014, 01:30:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfan870

SIAP - but I did look over the first page.

Seems like a traditional thread for the first game of the year.

While I think Williams behind Kirkland may be the safest pick, I am going with a play action of that and a short pass to Henry over the middle - heck, maybe he will break a tackle and go for 15 or 20.

LZH

Auburn fumbles the opening kickoff.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: hogfan870 on August 29, 2014, 01:30:08 pm
SIAP - but I did look over the first page.

Seems like a traditional thread for the first game of the year.

While I think Williams behind Kirkland may be the safest pick, I am going with a play action of that and a short pass to Henry over the middle - heck, maybe he will break a tackle and go for 15 or 20.

Pretty sure that is what I picked last year and they ran a pitch play if I recall. I will stick with you on this one.

NMMIHog

Injury time out - Auburn

PorkRinds

Prairie dog special on two.  Ready....Break!

DeltaBoy

Hogs return the kick off for a TD.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

60 Minutes of Hell

My favorite from last year: victory formation.

But I'm still sticking with something that involves a swinging gate for this year.
What a fool I used to be.

HogScoutMaster

Run up the middle, loss of 3 yards.  BANK
"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

PorkRinds

Play action pass.  Fake to Jwill up the gut, complete to Derby in the flat.  Boom goes the dynamite.

Porkys Revenge

Quote from: LZH on August 29, 2014, 01:32:46 pm
Auburn fumbles the opening kickoff.
ala 1995 when CJ McLain popped that head and we score a couple plays later on a Lunney rollout pass in WMS..  IIRC

Porkys Revenge

Quote from: PorkRinds on August 29, 2014, 01:42:10 pm
Play action pass.  Fake to Jwill up the gut, complete to Derby in the flat.  Boom goes the dynamite.
Close, but its gonna be what you said plus a bomb to JoJo and if he's covered, Henry coming across the middle.

onebadrubi

Korliss end around. 

popcornhog

1st play from scrimmage?

If AU gets the ball first --

Jeremy Johnson with a quick throw to Corey Grant for a gain of 4 down the sideline.

If we get the ball first --

BA play action fake to AC and a throw down the sideline to Henry for a gain of 7.
WPS

WarEagleArkansas

Calvin Swine

Last year at times we seemed hell bent on having our QB throw no matter how ill advised (BA practicing once a week, back up QB cant handle a snap... maybe he can throw).

Just judging from Chaney's history I'll predict an incomplete pass on an attempted long bomb play in an effort to, "build BA's confidence". 

bennyl08

I betcha 50 bucks BA throws a td pass on the first play, check it out!

Seriously though, I'm on the PA to JWill, hitting Hatcher 14 yards downfield bandwagon.

Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

LZH

Quote from: PorkRinds on August 29, 2014, 01:38:37 pm
Prairie dog special on two.  Ready....Break!

BB oughta tell his DL, "as soon as they move and look over to the sideline, come out of your stance full speed and knock every one of them on their azz"................

It would be the greatest self-penalty in Razorback history.

PorkRinds

Quote from: LZH on August 29, 2014, 02:09:40 pm
BB oughta tell his DL, "as soon as they move and look over to the sideline, come out of your stance full speed and knock them on their azz"................

I agree.

Deep Shoat

Fred Talley offtackle for 43...
All Gas, No Brakes!

Phil D

BB oughta tell his DL, "as soon as they move and look over to the sideline, come out of your stance full speed and knock every one of them on their azz"................

I like the way you think lol +1  :razorback:
GO HOGS!!!!!!

WooPig90

Quote from: Porkys Revenge on August 29, 2014, 01:46:26 pm
Close, but its gonna be what you said plus a bomb to JoJo and if he's covered, Henry coming across the middle.

That is if JoJo plays!

LZH

Quote from: PorkRinds on August 29, 2014, 02:10:22 pm
I agree.
Quote from: Phil D on August 29, 2014, 02:12:10 pm
I like the way you think lol +1  :razorback:

I honestly would do it....and more than once - well, at least I'd consider it.  It may be borderline poor sportsmanship, but piss on 'em.  That would definitely set a tone as to say "we're not worried about the rules, we're here to whip your ass".

I mean, what have we got to lose.  At the presser after the game, BB could just say "yeah our line made a couple of mistakes and we're gonna work on that in practice next week."  (wink wink).

PorkRinds

Quote from: LZH on August 29, 2014, 02:17:11 pm
I honestly would do it....and more than once - well, at least I'd consider it.  It may be borderline poor sportsmanship, but piss on 'em.  That would definitely set a tone as to say "we're not worried about the rules, we're here to whip your ass".

I mean, what have we got to lose.  At the presser after the game, BB could just say "yeah our line made a couple of mistakes and we're gonna work on that in practice next week."  (wink wink).

Oh I'm on board.  And make sure you knock them back into Marshall so hard he feels like he's been smoking that ganja again. Lightheaded and what not.

Tequilin' Time

I'm a Hog Fan and I support this message.

really surprised it doesn't happen more often with D-lineman itching to hit the first thing that twitches.

razorbackkid

I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

HiggiePiggy

Arkansas onside kick.......
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

MissippHog

I'm going with our first offensive play......fake punt.  That should really catch them off guard.  ;)

Seriously, hand-off to JWill over the left tackle for 4 yards.

HogScoutMaster

we use to do that in little league football first play on defense.
"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

downsouthhawg72

Pass to Hunter Henry up the middle or a long pass down the side line.  :razorback:
DownSouthHawg

Hogfan1660

Wheel route to Korliss for a TD!!!

PennHOG

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on August 29, 2014, 01:46:40 pm
Auburn returns a pick six for a TD.

I'm thinking the coaches will want to try and surprise Auburn by attempting to get a big play with BA's arm.  But I fear something like that would result in your prediction
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

onebadrubi

I see it a little different.  I think it is very believable that with the hype of this game, the chip on the shoulder of the hogs, this D is ready to go.  If for one small glimmer of hope I have that Bielema would do something like this, I would easily see him blame it on hype.  As soon as that left guard or tackle moves all GO, put them on their ASS and set the tempo.  No excuse needed.  The stadium will be loud, players hyped to play, easily shrugged off as excitement, yet getting under Gus and awburn's skin,. 

razorbackkid

Tackle the Bailbondsman.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

scruf

scruf

Wait, how do you "return" a pick six "for" a TD??? Oh right, classic Tiger logic. *slaps forehead*

razorsharptusk

Pitch to Jwill going left.
GO HOGS!!

razorbackkid

Quote from: scruf on August 29, 2014, 03:30:31 pm
Wait, how do you "return" a pick six "for" a TD??? Oh right, classic Tiger logic. *slaps forehead*
When returning a pick six you instruct your player to stop at the 10 yard line, left hash mark preferred, so you can kick a field goal.

HogGoneWild

quarterback sneak :razorback:

PorkSoda

Quote from: Calvin Swine on August 29, 2014, 01:57:48 pm
Last year at times we seemed hell bent on having our QB throw no matter how ill advised (BA practicing once a week, back up QB cant handle a snap... maybe he can throw).

Just judging from Chaney's history I'll predict an incomplete pass on an attempted long bomb play in an effort to, "build BA's confidence". 
that is what I'm afraid of.  Personally I hope they build his confidence by handing off to J Will and letting him run off tackle for 7
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

razorbackkid

Phil D

Williams off tackle for 6 yards :razorback:
GO HOGS!!!!!!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

HF#1

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on August 29, 2014, 01:46:40 pm
Auburn returns a pick six for a TD.

I'm almost convinced you are trollin. 
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Pigsknuckles

This makes wonderful sense, but you would have to do it twice to fully imprint the threat.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

GlassofSwine

Quote from: NMMIHog on August 29, 2014, 01:35:41 pm
Injury time out - Auburn

Yeah, Hopefully they have an offensive lineman strain his back while trying to prairie dog on the first play.

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

reddogjcss

Screen to KM he takes it all the way! Woooop wooop WPS

ShadowTheHedgehog

Flea flicker, BA to Keon for a big gain.

wupigsuey

Lateral to AJ,lateral back to BA, handoff to JWill, pitched back to BA, pass to Keon, hook and lateral to Henry, cross field pass (ala Music City Miracle) to Collins for TD...Called back for holding.
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

JHicks3636

Auburn receives and takes the ball on the 25 after a touchback. The Auburn offense hurries on the field and lines up with the back-up QB. Just prior to the play clock running out, Auburn calls timeout and puts Marshall in the game as he has served his suspension.