Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pettway Tweet

Started by HawgJD, August 29, 2014, 10:44:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WBC Hog

After Gragg's decision is made on the 23rd of this month, how soon do y'all think Pettway flips, if indeed he does flip to us?

hogs24

Quote from: galactivation on September 01, 2014, 12:07:45 am
the hoodie is 1 thing, but the cell phone case speaks wonders
nice catch. True.
Quote from: Buff on August 04, 2013, 01:34:19 pm

I am THIS close to raping you right now. 

jcharkansas

I was thinking the same thing

Bubba's Bruisers

We're gonna sweep the state in recruiting, boys.  In a year when the state produced more talent than usual.  When has that ever happened!?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

jcharkansas

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 01, 2014, 11:22:58 am
We're gonna sweep the state in recruiting, boys.  In a year when the state produced more talent than usual.  When has that ever happened!?
That would be awesome,  maybe Nutt did it before but not with this much talent instate

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: WBC Hog on September 01, 2014, 12:08:38 am
After Gragg's decision is made on the 23rd of this month, how soon do y'all think Pettway flips, if indeed he does flip to us?

Arkansas is tight on spots for the offensive side. Very tight. Not saying La'Michael won't fill the last WR spot but the staff will have some tough decisions.

I'll go more in detail on whole hog when I get a chance.

Speedracer

I'm a fan of big wide receivers.  Would love to land him
Like smites bother me.

WBC Hog

Scott7703

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 01, 2014, 11:22:58 am

You nailed it BB. More talent than usual an we will get all we want.

Scott7703

Quote from: Richard Davenport on September 01, 2014, 01:47:33 pm
Arkansas is tight on spots for the offensive side. Very tight. Not saying La'Michael won't fill the last WR spot but the staff will have some tough decisions.

I'll go more in detail on whole hog when I get a chance.

You don't think they take a him? We need wr help so I take him and let the other chips fall where they may. But, that's why they (our coaches) get paid the big bucks.

immahog

THIS.....an before hill called the hogs gragg tweeted "half of the {PACKAGE} deal goes public today"  if indeed they are a package then well you know
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

MissippHog

Mods, could we merge all of the Pettway threads into one?

KlubhouseKonnected

If he is trolling us, he is doing it at an advanced level.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

PorkRinds

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on September 04, 2014, 10:27:36 am
If he is trolling us, he is doing it at an advanced level.
He's not trolling us. 

KlubhouseKonnected

If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

onebadrubi

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on September 05, 2014, 12:32:27 am
That was my intended implication.

This staff has linked all the guys together and is gonna reel them all in together.  Now they need to go to and recruit us some Dbacks!

greenie

Can't imagine we'd take Pettway and Reed both.  Is there room for both? 
In one of the Pettway threads, Richard mentioned how things were now pretty tight for the 2015 class on offense.  He also reminded us not to forget about Reed.  Makes me wonder.

joshUARK

It'd be nice to have them both, but I'd rather have an extra DB.  Unless Pettway is a legit DB prospect (or they plan on moving one of the other WRs), I'd prefer they went after a DB.  I'm guessing they're going to get a JUCO DB or 2 if they don't like what they see out of the young guys in the next few weeks.

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: joshUARK on September 05, 2014, 07:43:05 am
It'd be nice to have them both, but I'd rather have an extra DB.  Unless Pettway is a legit DB prospect (or they plan on moving one of the other WRs), I'd prefer they went after a DB.  I'm guessing they're going to get a JUCO DB or 2 if they don't like what they see out of the young guys in the next few weeks.

I know that we need DB's, but just think about how it would look if we don't take this guy. He is an in-state prospect that is highly recruited, he decommits from a rival SECW team, and he is all over the twitterverse talking up his home state school. If we turn him down it will not look good at all.

I do agree with you though, but sometimes you just gotta do it.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

greenie

Quote from: hawgsmellgud on September 05, 2014, 08:51:14 am
I know that we need DB's, but just think about how it would look if we don't take this guy. He is an in-state prospect that is highly recruited, he decommits from a rival SECW team, and he is all over the twitterverse talking up his home state school. If we turn him down it will not look good at all.

I think you're right.  This will certainly play into the decision.

joshUARK

I could not care less about appearances.  I'm tired of losing. I'm tired of having a bad defense.  To take someone just because it would "look bad if we didn't" is how you build a pathetic, losing program.  Just win.  I don't care whose feelings get hurt in the process.  It's a game.

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: joshUARK on September 05, 2014, 11:42:35 am
I could not care less about appearances.  I'm tired of losing. I'm tired of having a bad defense.  To take someone just because it would "look bad if we didn't" is how you build a pathetic, losing program.  Just win.  I don't care whose feelings get hurt in the process.  It's a game.

And this, Is why you post on a message board rather than coach.

I hope you don't use this same approach in life because if you do, life is gonna such for ya.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

hogwild210

This makes it sound like you think the coaches should let the recruits dictate the terms of their recruitment, as if a recruit puts pressure on the coaches they should cave. Surely that's not what you mean.
Quote from: Steef on May 26, 2017, 12:28:23 pm
Still, one can never go wrong with excrement at a time like this.

Wildhog

I don't think it would hurt our image at all. 

I mean, zero.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: hogwild210 on September 05, 2014, 12:40:01 pm
This makes it sound like you think the coaches should let the recruits dictate the terms of their recruitment, as if a recruit puts pressure on the coaches they should cave. Surely that's not what you mean.

Sure don't. The only reason I am saying this is that Pettway is in-state. If he was from South Dakota it would be different, but I am talking about in-state players.

Quote from: Wildhog on September 05, 2014, 12:41:15 pm
I don't think it would hurt our image at all. 

I mean, zero.

Ok, then why don't they just pull his offer? Why is he wasting his time in Fayetteville for the weekend?

After all it won't hurt our image with in-state players.

Wildhog

Quote from: hawgsmellgud on September 05, 2014, 01:50:29 pm
Ok, then why don't they just pull his offer? Why is he wasting his time in Fayetteville for the weekend?

After all it won't hurt our image with in-state players.

Because we want/need him?  This ain't rocket surgery.
1909/1964/1965/1977

greenie

Quote from: hawgsmellgud on September 05, 2014, 01:50:29 pm

Because recruiting is just not that simple.

IMHO, it's because they don't know what they want to do yet. 

Some players you know you want (e.g. Hill, Forholdt, etc.), and will take whenever you can get him.  Others are in the gray area... your commitment to them is contingent upon something you don't know yet.  You still court them, and try to keep their interest, but you're not quite ready to give up a spot for them.  This is a complicated process.

MH04

When this staff offers an in state recruit they want them. There's a reason that it takes so long for them to offer Arkansas recruits.

greenie

Quote from: MH04 on September 05, 2014, 02:27:02 pm
When this staff offers an in state recruit they want them. There's a reason that it takes so long for them to offer Arkansas recruits.

That gets back to the whole commitable vs non-commitable offer argument.  Some have said that Pettway's offer is not commitable.  I don't know what the truth is, but it sure looks like he's interested in us. 

Wildhog

Quote from: greenie on September 05, 2014, 03:54:49 pm
That gets back to the whole commitable vs non-commitable offer argument.  Some have said that Pettway's offer is not commitable.  I don't know what the truth is, but it sure looks like he's interested in us. 

We don't give in-state kids non-committable offers.
1909/1964/1965/1977

greenie

Quote from: Wildhog on September 05, 2014, 03:55:45 pm

I'm just asking...

Was Zack Wary's offer last year committable?  I don't remember the details.  If so, I guess he just chose Wake Forrest over us.

247 says that we offered on Dec 3, 2013...not that this is an authoritative source, but its a source for me. 

Fort Dweller

Quote from: greenie on September 05, 2014, 04:11:01 pm

I'm just asking...

Was Zack Wary's offer last year committable?  I don't remember the details.  If so, I guess he just chose Wake Forrest over us.

247 says that we offered on Dec 3, 2013...not that this is an authoritative source, but its a source for me. 

I thought his was a walk on with a chance to go on scholarship type thing
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Wildhog on September 05, 2014, 02:04:29 pm
I'd prefer we spend our surgery efforts on something other than a rocket. Just sayin'.... 8)

greenie

Quote from: Fort Dweller on September 05, 2014, 04:12:04 pm
I thought his was a walk on with a chance to go on scholarship type thing

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that sounds more like a "non-committable" offer.

BrassNunchucks

Quote from: Wildhog on September 05, 2014, 02:04:29 pm

Rocket surgery, like critical thinking, does sound painful and something to avoid.

Fort Dweller

Quote from: greenie on September 05, 2014, 04:16:38 pm
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that sounds more like a "non-committable" offer.

Non-committable means "you have an offer if x, y, and z don't commit."  If those guys fall through, you have an offer.

Preferred walk on is you walk on for 2 years, then go on scholarship.
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: Wildhog on September 05, 2014, 03:55:45 pm

Then what in the hell are you raging with me for? This is exactly what I was telling the other posted. Good lord most everyone on here is just here to argue.

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: greenie on September 05, 2014, 02:20:25 pm
Because recruiting is just not that simple.

IMHO, it's because they don't know what they want to do yet. 

Some players you know you want (e.g. Hill, Forholdt, etc.), and will take whenever you can get him.  Others are in the gray area... your commitment to them is contingent upon something you don't know yet.  You still court them, and try to keep their interest, but you're not quite ready to give up a spot for them.  This is a complicated process.

Thanks for letting me behind the curtain.

Wildhog

Quote from: hawgsmellgud on September 05, 2014, 04:59:04 pm
Then what in the hell are you raging with me for? This is exactly what I was telling the other posted. Good lord most everyone on here is just here to argue.

I just love playing devil's advocate. 

But to my earlier point, I still don't think Arkansas would take any PR hit for not accepting his commitment, being that he committed elsewhere and we "moved on."
1909/1964/1965/1977

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: Wildhog on September 05, 2014, 06:10:38 pm

But to my earlier point, I still don't think Arkansas would take any PR hit for not accepting his commitment, being that he committed elsewhere and we "moved on."

Good point.

RedyorNot

Quote from: Wildhog on September 05, 2014, 06:10:38 pm

I concur.

ldfergu

Quote from: greenie on September 05, 2014, 04:11:01 pm

I'm just asking...

They need to make it to where the kid can sign once he receives an offer. It would take care of the committable vs non committable argument and keep schools from sending out as many offers as they please

tophawg19

Reed is high on our list . he has the ability to play like the Auburn kid we just saw .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Scott7703 on September 02, 2014, 10:42:05 am
You don't think they take a him? We need wr help so I take him and let the other chips fall where they may. But, that's why they (our coaches) get paid the big bucks.

Someone will complain either way, but without knowing the choices they have to pick from I will say I would take Pettway...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on September 07, 2014, 06:42:04 am
Someone will complain either way, but without knowing the choices they have to pick from I will say I would take Pettway...

If they are both that good... Take both.

I understand we need good Defensive talent I see the need, but I would rather take 2 kids that we know are SEC talent rather than use that same spot on a potential Defensive reach.

Soooie21

Fits him well.  Looks like a natural...