Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Defensive line and LB depth key against no huddle.

Started by sechog, August 29, 2014, 09:40:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

sechog

Is Arkansas 2 deep on D line and LB good enough to do a mass substitution to keep up with the hurry up no huddle? This is most likely why 12 freshman will play in tomorrow's game.

three hog night

Quote from: sechog on August 29, 2014, 09:40:50 am
Is Arkansas 2 deep on D line and LB good enough to do a mass substitution to keep up with the hurry up no huddle? This is most likely why 12 freshman will play in tomorrow's game.

Interior Dline depth is the only concern I have.   We only go 2 deep at DT and NG.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

jm

BrianWPS!!

I still believe the key lies with the offense mostly. Auburn will score points but can we control the tempo when we have the ball by winning first down and giving our defense a chance to catch their breath between series. To do this, the oline will have to show their dominance from the start.
Both teams keep their score between 20-30 we have a good chance
We will never win a shoot out with auburn. Luckily, I think the offense wins it in a very short game with a score of 27-24.

3Scoreand10

Quote from: BrianWPS!! on August 29, 2014, 12:55:57 pm
I still believe the key lies with the offense mostly. Auburn will score points but can we control the tempo when we have the ball by winning first down and giving our defense a chance to catch their breath between series. To do this, the oline will have to show their dominance from the start.
Both teams keep their score between 20-30 we have a good chance
We will never win a shoot out with auburn. Luckily, I think the offense wins it in a very short game with a score of 27-24.

I agree that our offense is the key to a win.
When I played HS ball 55 years ago, our coach always said, "We must score every time we have the ball, and take our time about it."
If the Hogs can put together 15-18 play drives and score, it limits Auburn's chances.
I think this is our only real chance to come away with a win.

Fayettechill14

Worried about DT depth.

However, last year our offense controlled the ball. We the TOP battle 34-26 and the total plays battle 74-55. That allowed our defense time to rest. Need to run 75 plays to win.

bphi11ips

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on August 29, 2014, 06:38:42 pm
Worried about DT depth.

However, last year our offense controlled the ball. We the TOP battle 34-26 and the total plays battle 74-55. That allowed our defense time to rest. Need to run 75 plays to win.

And make the fewest mistakes.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Poker_hog

Quote from: jm on August 29, 2014, 11:59:01 am
The key is to get 3 and outs.

Yep.  At some point our d will get gassed and give up points.  That can't be early or the flood gates will open.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

chitwnhog