Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bad News for Ronnie Brewer

Started by Wright43, August 29, 2014, 03:03:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Wright43

I went on to see if anyone had posted this yet, I guess not. I always liked Ronnie and still do. Hopefully this doesn't keep him from getting a roster spot somewhere...

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/11416335/ex-chicago-bulls-forward-ronnie-brewer-pleads-no-contest-dui

LAHogfan123

Quote from: Wright43 on August 29, 2014, 03:03:15 am
I went on to see if anyone had posted this yet, I guess not. I always liked Ronnie and still do. Hopefully this doesn't keep him from getting a roster spot somewhere...

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/11416335/ex-chicago-bulls-forward-ronnie-brewer-pleads-no-contest-dui

I really hate this for Ronnie, but he has no one to blame but himself when it comes to something like this.  I've always wished his career could have gone better, but hey, who of us wouldn't trade with him in a second?  He's at least been in the League now 5 years, that'll draw him his pension won't it plus if he's saved wisely he be in great shape.  This is the first trouble I've known of Ronnie having, so maybe this will be it for him and hopefully one more team may pick him up another year.

popcornhog

Quote from: LAHogfan123 on August 29, 2014, 06:41:11 am
I really hate this for Ronnie, but he has no one to blame but himself when it comes to something like this.  I've always wished his career could have gone better, but hey, who of us wouldn't trade with him in a second?  He's at least been in the League now 5 years, that'll draw him his pension won't it plus if he's saved wisely he be in great shape.  This is the first trouble I've known of Ronnie having, so maybe this will be it for him and hopefully one more team may pick him up another year.

Yeah, I knew Ronnie in college through another friend ("knew" kind of loosely, but still). Anyway -- sharp guy, wasn't ever in any trouble like so many star athletes tend to be.

As bad as a DUI is, this certainly seems to be an isolated incident. If any teams were interested I doubt this will deter them.
WPS

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: popcornhog on August 29, 2014, 07:37:30 am
Yeah, I knew Ronnie in college through another friend ("knew" kind of loosely, but still). Anyway -- sharp guy, wasn't ever in any trouble like so many star athletes tend to be.

As bad as a DUI is, this certainly seems to be an isolated incident. If any teams were interested I doubt this will deter them.
[/quote
Good to hear. 

CallThemHawgs!

You do it 3 or 4 times a week, you are bound to get caught... sorry bout it...

When Ronnie decides he does not want to be in college anymore, he might get somewhere. Until then? Nah

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on August 29, 2014, 09:52:08 am

When Ronnie decides he does not want to be in college anymore, he might get somewhere. Until then? Nah

Huh?  Are you just making assumptions about his life?

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on August 29, 2014, 09:52:08 am

He's gotten nowhere? Are you saying he's a loser, a bum?
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: LAHogfan123 on August 29, 2014, 06:41:11 am
He's played 8 years in the NBA
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

Mr. Porkleone

Booze is a killer. Stay away from it

Breems

I thought my man was better than this.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on August 29, 2014, 09:53:01 am
Huh?  Are you just making assumptions about his life?

There are assumptions, and then there are observations.

Are you making assumptions about the validity of my post, or my credibility?

sickboy

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on August 29, 2014, 06:55:45 pm
There are assumptions, and then there are observations.

Are you making assumptions about the validity of my post, or my credibility?

You've seen this guy drink and drive, on average, 3 or 4 times per week? If you're seeing that much of this guy then you're either sleeping with Ronnie Brewer or working with him. Either way, tell the dude to lay off the hooch if you're that close to him.

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: sickboy on August 29, 2014, 07:24:18 pm
You've seen this guy drink and drive, on average, 3 or 4 times per week? If you're seeing that much of this guy then you're either sleeping with Ronnie Brewer or working with him. Either way, tell the dude to lay off the hooch if you're that close to him.

I tuck pretty well

bruisemeister

Didn't his dad get in some similar trouble when he was coaching that semi-pro team(I think the Archangels or something like that)?

yraciv

Quote from: sickboy on August 29, 2014, 07:24:18 pm

Ronnie is a favorite of mine.  Great guy, will talk with anyone, but it is pretty common knowledge among Fayetteville that he likes to go out.  Now I'm not in his circle, so I don't know how common drinking and driving is for him but JQP's point though exaggerated is valid. I've seen him leave a bar in a cab before, seen him get picked up before, and seen him & his posse roll away where it looked like a non-sober  person would be taking the wheel. He does live that NBA player, bachelor, go party like he is in college still lifestyle, so yeah this stuff can happen.  Doesn't make him less of a good guy or player, hell lots do this, but it appears it has finally bit him.

Champs04

He has stayed out of trouble,he's a good guy. If you can say you've gone out and had a drink and never driven with a buzz then you are a liar!

LAHogfan123

Quote from: popcornhog on August 29, 2014, 07:37:30 am

Good post, 1st I've ever heard of Brewer and trouble in the same sentence.  Ronnie has helped many a young kid through his program he has, and he represents our State well.  A DUI is not something to laugh at, but its something that I'm sure many of us could have gotten at one point or another in our life time.  I hope teams don't hold this against Ronnie.

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: LAHogfan123 on September 01, 2014, 03:49:27 pm
Good post, 1st I've ever heard of Brewer and trouble in the same sentence.  Ronnie has helped many a young kid through his program he has, and he represents our State well.  A DUI is not something to laugh at, but its something that I'm sure many of us could have gotten at one point or another in our life time.  I hope teams don't hold this against Ronnie.

There is all the info in this thread one needs to understand this situation.