Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I will throw in my 2 pennies as to why we beat Auburn

Started by HamHands, August 28, 2014, 11:27:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HamHands

1. Brandon Allen has a healthy shoulder
2. Second year for our line to be coached by Sam Pittman
3. Gus' offenses are slow out of the gate.
4. Our running backs are a year older.
5. Traditionally we have Auburn's number. We always play them well.
6. I hate Auburn.
7.You hate Auburn.
8. They are Auburn.
9. Feel free to add. :razorback:

One day at a time.

razorjacket43

1. Ball control without turnovers.
2. wear them down with our road graders for o-line
3. 2 tough RB's and one that's faster than lightning
4. receivers that can actually catch what BA is throwing to them
5. Praying BA is as improved as Coach B says he is.  that's my 5 
One day soon, I see a National Championship Trophy in our Trophy Case........................

peachy

Quote from: HamHands on August 28, 2014, 11:27:05 pm
6. I hate Auburn.
7.You hate Auburn.
8. They are Auburn.

How are Malzahns offenses slow out of the gate?

First games:
2013-31 points
2012-34 points
2011-42 points
2010-52 points
2009-37 points
2008-45 points
2007-35 points
2006-14 points (oh, there it is)

Hog_Fink

hope our secondary is improved
have a feeling they are gonna let that Johnson kid try and slice us..

SquidBilly

Quote from: galactivation on August 29, 2014, 02:22:29 am
hope our secondary is improved
have a feeling they are gonna let that Johnson kid try and slice us..

As long as we bring the pass rush then our secondary just has to be able to cover for a couple of seconds.  I really hope this year we allow our Dline to be more agressive.

code red

1.  Brandon Allen Plays Well
2.  Brandon Allen manages the game.
3.  Brandon Allen throw at 70% clip.
4.  Brandon Allen throws no INTS.
5.  Brandon Allen gets the ball out quick.
The running game will work if.....PAP works.  If we can't throw it will be a loaded box and we won't be able to outscore Auburn that way.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

three hog night

Quote from: peachy on August 29, 2014, 12:41:37 am

First games:
2013-31 points
2012-34 points
2011-42 points
2010-52 points
2009-37 points
2008-45 points
2007-35 points

let's look at who AU has played for the first game while running this offense

13   wash st    W 31-24
12   Clemson   L 19-26
11   Utah St    W 42-38
10   Ark St      W 52-26
09   LaTech     W 37-13

Well they played one good team and lost.   It takes time for Gussiah's offense to get in a flow so he needs to schedule easy teams to get the timing perfected.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

AubFaninArk

Actually, Gus wasn't Auburn's coach or OC in 2012...so you can't really look at the Clempson game.

Research is your friend.

I think he warms up pretty nicely, though.

LambeauLeap

1. Frustrate Auburn with time of possession
2. Protect BA
3. Hunter Henry
4. Collins, Williams and Marshall all have a strong day
5. No Turnovers

three hog night

Quote from: AubFaninArk on August 29, 2014, 02:14:37 pm
Actually, Gus wasn't Auburn's coach or OC in 2012...so you can't really look at the Clempson game.

Research is your friend.

I think he warms up pretty nicely, though.

It was Gus's offense.   Yes research IS your friend.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 

AubFaninArk

Really...Scott Loeffler ran Gus's offense?  I defy you to find one article that compares what Loeffler does with what Gus does?  I can find dozens that talked about Auburn's departure from the hurry up offense.

You don't have a clue what you are talking about.

Arkfan

I think a lot of Hog fans are gonna be very disappointed Saturday afternoon.

freshprince83

When is Malzhan offense slow out of gate ?

2009 La Tech 37-13
2010 Arkansas St 52-26
2011 Utah St 42-38 i think, lost 30 players from title team and Utah St had two nfl rbs and Chuckie Keeton
2013 Washington St 31-23..They were a train wreck from Chizik mess early. They blew big lead. They always had a bad qtr last year. Young team,shouldnt have lapses this year.

AubFaninArk

Quote from: Arkfan on August 29, 2014, 02:28:14 pm
I think a lot of Hog fans are gonna be very disappointed Saturday afternoon.

I really don't think so.  I think they will play a very competitive game and find LOTS to like for the future.  OL and DL should be very strong...improved RB and QB play...lots to like.  Some may be disappointed...but only those that were predicting a blowout of Auburn.

freshprince83

2009 Miss St W 49-24
2010 Miss St W 17-14
2011 Miss St W 45-41 i think
2013 Miss St W 24-21

Malzhan vs Miss St has 1st conf game

Malzhan wasnt at Auburn in 12, they went to pro set with his players.Those players recruited for the spread..do we really gotta mention Kiehl Frazier.

OnYourToes

My 2 cents. . .

The deciding factors for tomorrows game, for us, are
1) Our O backfiled
        If our 3 headed running back monster can be just that, monstrous, we will be in the game for a while, maybe even to the end.  Get them 3 or 4 yards per carry, with the occasionally long run of 10-15 and we will see the Hogs control the ball, the clock and make the most of our chances on O.

2)  Then on D is our secondary. 
       Hearing and seeing the scheme of press coverage, not letting the WRs get off clean, bump and run, presure underneath then cover the top. . . I feel our secondary has to have an amazing game and contribute.  Coverage sacks, broken up passes and a pick or 2.  If we do this, we are in the game to the end. 

Once/if we maintain these 2 areas, we have a chance.
Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

razorbackkid

We are bound to win a SEC game sometime this year, might as well be our first one.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Country Stylz

I don't feel good about this game. Also Fred Talley.

freshprince83

The problem for Arkansas is depht and match ups. Esp Auburns Wr vsArkansas secondary. Auburn has Garrett and Moncrief to annoy Henry all day. You dont have a go to reciever. Back 7,a work in progress. You have oline and rbs, you will stay in it until you get worn out by depht. Your rbs got their yards last year,lost by 18.

three hog night

Quote from: AubFaninArk on August 29, 2014, 02:26:37 pm
Really...Scott Loeffler ran Gus's offense?  I defy you to find one article that compares what Loeffler does with what Gus does?  I can find dozens that talked about Auburn's departure from the hurry up offense.

You don't have a clue what you are talking about.

He was hired to use the players Gus had recruited for 3 years as he also tried to go to a more pro-style offense.  He was supposed to use what he had until he could bring in his players.  It lasted ONE year for Chizik.

AubFaninArk

Word on the street is that Robenson Therezie has been cleared to play...so it will be Garrett and Therezie manning the Star position now.

AubFaninArk

Quote from: three hog night on August 29, 2014, 02:45:06 pm
He was hired to use the players Gus had recruited for 3 years as he also tried to go to a more pro-style offense.  He was supposed to use what he had until he could bring in his players.  It lasted ONE year for Chizik.

What a ridiculous spin to try and make yourself look right.

I was there, Dude...that ain't even close to what he was brought in to do.

Chiz wanted to go Pro-style and brought in Loeffler...anything Gus was thrown out the window.  Auburn's offense was a lost as a goose in 2012.  Just swallow your freakin pride and admit you made a mistake.

Hoggish1

6. I hate Auburn.
7.You hate Auburn.
8. They are Auburn.

Those are great reasons.  There are a lot of teams I hate, along with their coaches.  But Old Piss and Awburn are at the very top of my list.

freshprince83

Remember your in a new defense, your d coord never seen this offense live only on tape. You offense lost two key players to the run game Swanson and Small. The defense lost their bookend with Chris Smith. Alot of youth on dline two deep. Auburn in 2nd year in off and def system.

three hog night

Quote from: AubFaninArk on August 29, 2014, 02:47:26 pm
What a ridiculous spin to try and make yourself look right.

I was there, Dude...that ain't even close to what he was brought in to do.

Chiz wanted to go Pro-style and brought in Loeffler...anything Gus was thrown out the window.  Auburn's offense was a lost as a goose in 2012.  Just swallow your freakin pride and admit you made a mistake.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1364207-auburn-football-scot-loeffler-is-the-one-who-should-be-benched

"One of Loeffler's abilities that Chizik touted after his hire was his ability to adapt to the type of players he has on the field.

That would be an important trait since the Tigers are transitioning from Malzahn's up-tempo, no-huddle system. The current players on the team have been recruited to that system and style of play for the last three years.

"We are going to build a system to get our playmakers the football and do everything in our power to make sure we are helping our defense and special teams," Loeffler said after being hired in January. (via Phillip Marshall, AuburnUndercover.com)

That hasn't happened. Instead of putting offensive players in their comfort zone when it comes to running his offense, Loeffler stays in his comfort zone and does not call plays that allow Auburn's playmakers to be successful."

Ahem....

three hog night

Quote from: freshprince83 on August 29, 2014, 02:50:33 pm
Remember your in a new defense, your d coord never seen this offense live only on tape. You offense lost two key players to the run game Swanson and Small. The defense lost their bookend with Chris Smith. Alot of youth on dline two deep. Auburn in 2nd year in off and def system.

AU is in their 5 year in the Gussiah system except for the 2012 failure with Loeffler. 

freshprince83

Auburn fan so i will break it down bout Gus to end yall arguing.

Gus was hired as o coord by Auburn in 2009,started 5-0,until a loaded Arkansas
In 2010 won national title,chizik didnt like ppl saying gus was really the coach
In 2011 the relationship became rocky with Gus and Gene,Gene would override Gus on calls and forced Trotter out
2012 Gus left to coach Arkansas St without Gus,Auburn fell apart
2013 Gus came back taking the bad news bears to title game.

In 12,they tried going to pro set with spread players. It was Loefflers playbook,not Gus Malzhan

freshprince83

No its not same offense..With Todd was pistol set..with Newton Inverted Veer..with Marshall Shotgun I formation.

AubFaninArk

What...you got another spun up lie caught in your throat??

Maybe I should say Reading Comprehension is your friend too.  Your ridiculous argument is that Loeffler was running Gus' offense in 2012.  That is so far from the truth its not funny.  No where in that article does it say Loeffler will run what Gus runs...just admit you are wrong..because you are.

Quote from: three hog night on August 29, 2014, 02:55:12 pm
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1364207-auburn-football-scot-loeffler-is-the-one-who-should-be-benched

"One of Loeffler's abilities that Chizik touted after his hire was his ability to adapt to the type of players he has on the field.

That would be an important trait since the Tigers are transitioning from Malzahn's up-tempo, no-huddle system. The current players on the team have been recruited to that system and style of play for the last three years.

"We are going to build a system to get our playmakers the football and do everything in our power to make sure we are helping our defense and special teams," Loeffler said after being hired in January. (via Phillip Marshall, AuburnUndercover.com)

That hasn't happened. Instead of putting offensive players in their comfort zone when it comes to running his offense, Loeffler stays in his comfort zone and does not call plays that allow Auburn's playmakers to be successful."

Ahem....

HogWildBison2011

Quote from: freshprince83 on August 29, 2014, 02:43:13 pm
The problem for Arkansas is depht and match ups. Esp Auburns Wr vsArkansas secondary. Auburn has Garrett and Moncrief to annoy Henry all day. You dont have a go to reciever. Back 7,a work in progress. You have oline and rbs, you will stay in it until you get worn out by depht. Your rbs got their yards last year,lost by 18.
You lost me at "depht".

HF#1

1. Better stronger Brandon Allen
2. Much improved agressive secondary
3. Beef and talent on the O-line
4. J-Will, Collins, and Marshall
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

freshprince83

Its match ups

Ark Backfield..Allen,Williams,Collins,Marshall
Vs
Aub LBs...Frost,McKinzy,Garrett,Theirize

Advantage-Even

WR Hatcher vs CB Holsey- Adv Auburn
WR Wilson vs CB Jones- Adv Auburn
TE Henry vs ST Garrett-Adv Even
TE Derby vs SS Ford-Adv Auburn
LT Skipper vs LE Daniel-Adv Auburn
LG ??? vs DT Angelo Blackson-Adv Auburn
C ??? vs LB McKinzy-Adv Auburn
RG Kirkland vs DT Whitaker-Adv Even
RT Cook vs RE Wright-Adv Auburn

Auburns Backfield..Marshall,Payne,Grant,Thomas,Barber,Fulse
Vs
Arkansas LBs..Mitchell,Spaight,???

Adv- Auburn and huge advantage

WR Coates vs CB Mitchell ? Adv-Aub
WR Williams vs CB Washington Adv-Aub
WR Ray vs FS Turner Adv-Aub
TE Uzomah vs SS Gaines Adv-Aub
LT Coleman vs LE Winston Adv-Aub
LG Slade vs DT Philon Adv-Aub
C Dismukes vs LB ???-Adv- Aub
RG Young vs DT Hodge Adv Aub
RT Miller vs RE Flowers Adv Ark

Depht Advantage Auburn big time

freshprince83

Because in 2012 Auburn had Malzhan recruits, does it mean its his playbook or  team.  Loeffler was under center and Malzhan always shotgun. Gus uses multi formations. Loeffler was strictly I formation and maybe shotgun on playaction. Gus relies on zone read and mesh points. Loeffler relied on a fullback. Malzhan uses pull blocking, Loeffler did zone blocking.

peachy

Why even bring up 2012?  Had absolutely nothing to do with Malzahn.  And as bad as they were Malzahn took that team and turned them into SEC Champions in one offseason. 

Auburns offense will not start slow.  Arkansas fans seem to be severely underestimating just how good Auburn is going to be this year.  This game may be close for a quarter or two.  But in the end Auburn will score over 40 (dont be surprised to see 50+) and Arkansas will manage 14-20 points.  They may cover the spread but the closest i see this game is 17 points and thats if Auburn calls the dogs off. 

ss65chvlle

Quote from: freshprince83 on August 29, 2014, 03:21:49 pm
Its match ups

Ark Backfield..Allen,Williams,Collins,Marshall
Vs
Aub LBs...Frost,McKinzy,Garrett,Theirize

Advantage-Even

WR Hatcher vs CB Holsey- Adv Auburn
WR Wilson vs CB Jones- Adv Auburn
TE Henry vs ST Garrett-Adv Even
TE Derby vs SS Ford-Adv Auburn
LT Skipper vs LE Daniel-Adv Auburn
LG ??? vs DT Angelo Blackson-Adv Auburn
C ??? vs LB McKinzy-Adv Auburn
RG Kirkland vs DT Whitaker-Adv Even
RT Cook vs RE Wright-Adv Auburn

Auburns Backfield..Marshall,Payne,Grant,Thomas,Barber,Fulse
Vs
Arkansas LBs..Mitchell,Spaight,???

Adv- Auburn and huge advantage

WR Coates vs CB Mitchell ? Adv-Aub
WR Williams vs CB Washington Adv-Aub
WR Ray vs FS Turner Adv-Aub
TE Uzomah vs SS Gaines Adv-Aub
LT Coleman vs LE Winston Adv-Aub
LG Slade vs DT Philon Adv-Aub
C Dismukes vs LB ???-Adv- Aub
RG Young vs DT Hodge Adv Aub
RT Miller vs RE Flowers Adv Ark

Depht Advantage Auburn big time

Dang guess we shouldnt even show up....

dc10x1103

hate gus all you want.  the fact remains BB's offense cannot touch gus's. 

farmhawg

Quote from: dc10x1103 on August 29, 2014, 05:57:13 pm
hate gus all you want.  the fact remains BB's offense cannot touch gus's. 
go love guss elsewhere.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

wupigsuey

1.Gonna rain.
2.We run the ball well. No need to pass it in the rain.
3.Our passer is better than their passer if we feel the need to pass it in the rain.
4.Our defense is better suited to stop the run than allburns.
5.Gonna rain.
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

PorkSoda

Quote from: peachy on August 29, 2014, 12:41:37 am

First games:
2013-31 points
2012-34 points
2011-42 points
2010-52 points
2009-37 points
2008-45 points
2007-35 points
I'm a hog fan, but damn I wish our fans would fact check before they post.  I don't know where they come up with some of this stuff.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

lefty08

35 posts in this thread and 29 of em by AU fans, what the hell has happened?
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

HiggiePiggy

We will win because Arkansas fans believe in it...........
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

AubFaninArk

Quote from: three hog night on August 29, 2014, 12:49:53 pm
let's look at who AU has played for the first game while running this offense

13   wash st    W 31-24
12   Clemson   L 19-26
11   Utah St    W 42-38
10   Ark St      W 52-26
09   LaTech     W 37-13

Well they played one good team and lost.   It takes time for Gussiah's offense to get in a flow so he needs to schedule easy teams to get the timing perfected.

Thank God for slow starts.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Tejas_Pete on August 30, 2014, 07:52:16 pm
Haha eat crow dumbass. Typical Hog fan that watches a few preseason practices and buys the hype. We suck ass and that's just life when you have an average Big 10 coach in the SEC.

Buying the hype is what being a fan is all about.  But, you wouldn't know anything about that...
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Tejas_Pete on August 30, 2014, 07:36:44 pm
Hopefully Gus's Arkansas ties are strong enough to bring him home one day.

I'm not surprised considering his post are like this!
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HogGoneWild

6. I hate Auburn.
7.You hate Auburn.
8. They are Auburn.
;)

BENTON PIGGEE

6. I hate Auburn.
7.You hate Auburn.
8. They are Auburn.

You forgot to factor in Auburn being better than us this season.

PonderinHog

Quote from: BENTON PIGGEE on September 06, 2014, 12:47:53 pm
You forgot to factor in Auburn being better than us this season.
You're a bad person for doing this, you know.