Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UL-Monroe back at it

Started by Fayettechill14, August 28, 2014, 09:24:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Fayettechill14

Beat Wake Forest, 17-10.

Wake Forest had 97 yards passing and -3 rushing. That's 94 total yards. Wow.

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

hawgon

What, you mean UL Monroe beat another coach that Jeff Long hired?

rljjr

Fayettechill14

Quote from: hawgon on August 28, 2014, 09:26:56 pm

Wrong! Try again.

Bubba's Bruisers

Really?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

HogGoneWild

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on August 28, 2014, 09:24:03 pm
Beat Wake Forest, 17-10.

Wake Forest had 97 yards passing and -3 rushing. That's 94 total yards. Wow.

That's because wf sucks

BorderPatrol

Quote from: hawgon on August 28, 2014, 09:31:57 pm
Ah, I forgot he had moved on.  Well, the taint remains on their program.  He was never the same after he took our job and then changed his mind.

They should have never let you come back.

bp

cosmodrum

I want nothing to do with taint remains.
Go away, batin'

The Boar War

I guess that balances out the aTm game for me.

Rocket23

No, Jim Grobe is no longer at Wake Forest.

lefty08

Quote from: hawgon on Today at 09:31:57 pm
Ah, I forgot he had moved on.  Well, the taint remains on their program.  He was never the same after he took our job and then changed his mind.

They should have never let you come back.

bp
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Pickwick Hog

Trying to dethrone HIM as the biggest joke on this board?
Negative people need drama like oxygen. Stay positive and take their breath away.

Pickwick Hog

Negative people need drama like oxygen. Stay positive and take their breath away.

IntegrityHog

Long hired Jim Grobe, who showed a real lack of integrity by renegging on his word.  However, the hire was very solid, as evidenced by WF's drop-off this year.

Fayettechill14

Quote from: IntegrityHog on August 28, 2014, 09:53:37 pm

Long hired Jim Grobe, who showed a real lack of integrity by renegging on his word.  However, the hire was very solid, as evidenced by WF's drop-off this year.

No idea how Grobe would have done here, but the guy had reached a BCS game at WAKE FOREST. It wasn't a bad hire when it was made. He did burn out eventually, but again, it's WAKE FOREST.

hawgon

Quote from: IntegrityHog on August 28, 2014, 09:53:37 pm

Not to belabor an off the cuff quip, but they were 4-8 last year, so this really represents more of the same than a drop off.

lefty08

holy darn thei entire board is completely unreadable, so much for the august crackdown

see you idiots in 2015, maybe
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

IntegrityHog

Quote from: hawgon on August 28, 2014, 09:56:31 pm
Not to belabor an off the cuff quip, but they were 4-8 last year, so this really represents more of the same than a drop off.

BCS game at WAKE FORREST. 

/thread

Pickwick Hog

Quote from: hawgon on August 28, 2014, 09:56:31 pm

Your 15 minutes is up. Go away.

hawgon

Quote from: IntegrityHog on August 28, 2014, 09:59:13 pm
BCS game at WAKE FORREST. 

/thread

It was a good accomplishment.  No doubt about that.

Horthawg

When is ULM back on the schedule?
Once a Hog-ALWAYS A HOG!

LRRandy

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on August 28, 2014, 09:55:02 pm
No idea how Grobe would have done here, but the guy had reached a BCS game at WAKE FOREST. It wasn't a bad hire when it was made. He did burn out eventually, but again, it's WAKE FOREST.
exactly it's WAKE FOREST. I didn't know they still had football , nice thread. Oh, ULM should get top 25 votes right?
This is fun, isn't it.

LZH

Ya'll cut Hawgon some slack.....if someone else on here had said the same thing he did, most of you would be trying to give him a hickey and then spend four pages high-fiving each other.

razorbackkid

I have them on my pick'em.  !
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

three hog night

ULM is proof the Sun Belt is not that bad.  WF isn't very good but they should not be losing to SBC teams if you believe the perception of the Sun Belt.
Petrino left a mess and Bielema is trying to fill in the talent gaps.  Anderson finally has some talent to work with.  He needs more at select positions and that will come in the next recruiting class. 
Posters that think they are Jim Rhome are ruining message boards.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: three hog night on August 29, 2014, 07:22:17 am
ULM is proof the Sun Belt is not that bad.  WF isn't very good but they should not be losing to SBC teams if you believe the perception of the Sun Belt.
Remember there is a difference in perception and reality.

The SBC was 'officially' the #1 non-aq last year, and got the BCS $, and I think the #2 the year before. Of course the AAC was not a non-aq last year.

The only thing hurting them this year is they lost a decent WKU, GaSt is still a few years away, and they added New Mexico State, Idaho, Georgia Southern (who did beat Florida last year) , and Appalachian State.

Just a question of getting the newbies, and GaSt up to speed, because the other SBC schools. like ULM, are solid G5 programs.

Both Georgia Southern and AppSt have high ceiling's as G5's and should be solid in short order.

"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

pigsooietim

Thats what I was thinking..

DeltaBoy

LOL ULM is a pretty solid program the raid South Arkansas for Football talent.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Kicking Wing

ULM knows how to schedule non-conference or they are just lucky.  They get Kentucky this year as well.  They almost never contend for the conference and their support is really bad but they manage to remain competitive and for that I applaud them. 

They have a ton of Arkansas kids who had no other FBS offers and those guys have performed very well.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: Kicking Wing on August 29, 2014, 09:42:30 am
ULM knows how to schedule non-conference or they are just lucky.  They get Kentucky this year as well.  They almost never contend for the conference and their support is really bad but they manage to remain competitive and for that I applaud them. 

They have a ton of Arkansas kids who had no other FBS offers and those guys have performed very well.
Little of both when it comes to their OC schedule. Auburn and Arkansas were having bad years when they last played ULM, and scheduling lesser P5's like Wake Forest, especially at home, also helps.

They still lack the quality depth, which catches up to them every year,  to be a consistent contender in the SBC.

"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: pigsooietim on August 29, 2014, 07:46:55 am

When did Jeff Long hire Dave Clawson?
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

clutch

Quote from: pigsooietim on August 29, 2014, 07:46:55 am

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on August 29, 2014, 11:42:58 am
When did Jeff Long hire Dave Clawson?

That's why some people shouldn't think.

holeinthewall

WF is the worst team in the ACC this year by far. ULM has a better team it wasn't an upset. They won't win more than 2 games and will be winless in the ACC