Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who's Next?

Started by whippersnapper, August 28, 2014, 03:16:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

whippersnapper

First I don't keep up with recruiting quite as much as some of you. So if we land Hill and Gragg like most are predicting,  who do we turn to next. Seems like we have gone all out on them this summer and spring.  Does anyone know who they will really go after next?

The_Iceman

Reggie Walker and Derrick Graham.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: whippersnapper on August 28, 2014, 03:16:14 pm
First I don't keep up with recruiting quite as much as some of you. So if we land Hill and Gragg like most are predicting,  who do we turn to next. Seems like we have gone all out on them this summer and spring.  Does anyone know who they will really go after next?
I think we will be done, in-state.  The coaches will be able to focus on out of state players and guys who start showing out this football season.
All Gas, No Brakes!

greenie

Quote from: Deep Shoat on August 28, 2014, 03:19:00 pm
I think we will be done, in-state.  The coaches will be able to focus on out of state players and guys who start showing out this football season.

Pettway?  I don't know much about him, but he has a decent offer list.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: greenie on August 28, 2014, 03:30:05 pm
Pettway?  I don't know much about him, but he has a decent offer list.
Pettway isn't really on our radar.  His offer isn't even committable.

Dre Greenlaw is a guy who might play his way into an offer.
All Gas, No Brakes!

greenie

Quote from: Deep Shoat on August 28, 2014, 03:45:20 pm

Thanks Deep Shoat.  Appreciate the feedback.

Music City Hog

Quote from: Deep Shoat on August 28, 2014, 03:45:20 pm

Don't be so sure.

Trey1981

How about Jalin Barnett? With Pittman as his lead recruiter, what kind of shot do we have on landing him?

mhuff

Quote from: Trey1981 on August 28, 2014, 03:59:09 pm
How about Jalin Barnett? With Pittman as his lead recruiter, what kind of shot do we have on landing him?

+1

Been wondering the same.

Break & Run

I call BS on the Pettway not having a commitable offer.

I be the flips if Gragg and Hill call the hogs.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

woodhog14

Quote from: Break & Run on August 28, 2014, 04:04:43 pm

It's true...he really doesn't have a commitable offer right now from us.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Break & Run on August 28, 2014, 04:04:43 pm

Call what you want.  I bet he ends up an Ackbar unless he cleans up his attitude and work-ethic.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Scott7703

Where is the rumor coming from that pettway doesn't have a commitable offer?

mhuff

Look further up in the thread. Got a question though..... Unless it is in print, how does anyone know whether a recruit has a committable offer?

woodhog14

Quote from: Deep Shoat on August 28, 2014, 04:09:42 pm
Call what you want.  I bet he ends up an Ackbar unless he cleans up his attitude and work-ethic.

Pay attention to the bold. He doesn't fit the "Uncommon Men" that BB recruits...yet.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: mhuff on August 28, 2014, 04:14:37 pm
Look further up in the thread. Got a question though..... Unless it is in print, how does anyone know whether a recruit has a committable offer?
Connections.  Either within the program or with the high school.  Rarely will you learn this from the recruit or the family unless you see a recruit who talks about committing a lot not commit to the "dream school" after an offer.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Deep Shoat on August 28, 2014, 04:21:03 pm
Connections.  Either within the program or with the high school.  Rarely will you learn this from the recruit or the family unless you see a recruit who talks about committing a lot not commit to the "dream school" after an offer.

I wouldn't necessarily trust the connections within the program, but I could buy if say the HS coach was saying he didn't have a committable offer.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

nwahogfan1

Ian Jackson a LB at Fayetteville who used to play for Southside in Fort Smith has SEC ability but needs to decide what is important off the field.  Has had some issues there. 

But no doubt about his ability.

navyhog24

Coach B will never make an uncommitable offer to an instate kid.

baitshop

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on August 28, 2014, 08:26:13 pm
Ian Jackson a LB at Fayetteville who used to play for Southside in Fort Smith has SEC ability but needs to decide what is important off the field.  Has had some issues there. 

But no doubt about his ability.

Incredible ability.....volatile, volatile temper and attitude...
"Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them" - Ronald Reagan

tophawg19

RB  Patrick Carr is one i hope we can land . i really like what i see in him
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins