Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

K J Announcing at 10am at Arkansas Hall Of Fame at Verizon, Friday 8/29

Started by dowils, August 28, 2014, 01:32:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Break & Run

Lets just say this...

He would not be announcing at the Arkansas Hall of Fame if he was going ANYWHERE other than Arkansas.

Just saying, unless he wants to be an outcast because that would be the ultimate slap in the face at the whole state of Arkansas.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

jjdlc

Quote from: Break & Run on August 28, 2014, 01:43:49 pm
Lets just say this...

He would not be announcing at the Arkansas Hall of Fame if he was going ANYWHERE other than Arkansas.

Just saying, unless he wants to be an outcast because that would be the ultimate slap in the face at the whole state of Arkansas.

Yeah, it would be one of the biggest slaps in the face AR would have ever received,  after their recent comments I just can't imagine his parents allowing that.

Break & Run

"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Hogberry Snortcake

Another big recruiting win for Hendrix College. 

TM Hog

I'm so excited about this guy.  I believe he will be a game changer at Arkansas. He will be one of my favorites! Go Hogs!

Wildhog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on August 28, 2014, 01:44:48 pm
I can't see how it's not us.  And I'm a pessimist

I think it's probably us, as well.  We've made up a lot of ground lately.  He moves up his announcement.  He's doing it at the Arkansas Sports HoF.   Sounds like a Hog.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

immahog

yea why would he choose the arkansas hall of fame an not call the hogs would be like a slap in the face if he leaves .....he can use his school gym to leave the state
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

immahog

Quote from: TM Hog on August 28, 2014, 01:54:57 pm
I'm so excited about this guy.  I believe he will be a game changer at Arkansas. He will be one of my favorites! Go Hogs!

I have watched him since He was at bryant ......reminds me so much of Joe adams

Break & Run

Quote from: immahog on August 28, 2014, 01:56:11 pm
yea why would he choose the arkansas hall of fame an not call the hogs would be like a slap in the face if he leaves .....he can use his school gym to leave the state

EXACTLY!!!  That's why EVERYONE should be optimistic.

Tony Perkis

Like others are saying, you don't do this at the ASHOF if you're announcing elsewhere.

alwaysnextyear

Some of y'all don't know anything about recruiting. Common sense he's going to Arkansas. Not many surprises in recruiting.

Break & Run

Quote from: alwaysnextyear on August 28, 2014, 01:59:50 pm
Some of y'all don't know anything about recruiting. Common sense he's going to Arkansas. Not many surprises in recruiting.

You must be new to recruiting if you think there are no surprises in recruiting.  LOL

For example:

Alex Collins to Arkansas
Denver Kirkland to Arkansas
Reeve Koehler to Arkansas
Dan Skipper to Arkansas
DGB to Mizzou (told Ark staff he was a hog the night before NSD)
Joe Adams was going to USC then decided right before or on NSD to come to Arkansas.

Those are just a few that I remember.

The Hogfather

Hook 'em Hogs

The last 17 pics on 247 Sports are all to Arkansas and all within the last 3 days.  That's got to be telling, right?  A player like this leaving the state is always a possibility and always a concern.  WPS!

http://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/KJ-Hill-at-North-Little-Rock-49508/CurrentExpertPredictions

ricepig

@NLRfootball:We will send out info soon about ESPN covering his announcement.

NLRHog92

Announcing at the ASHOF because he has every intention of being one of the greatest Hogs ever and in accord, ends his legacy where it all began, at the Arkansas Sports Hall of Fame. Now that's what I call full-circle! WPS :razorback: And it will be great to have another Charging Wildcat on the Hill  ;D

immahog

Quote from: ricepig on August 28, 2014, 02:11:29 pm
@NLRfootball:We will send out info soon about ESPN covering his announcement.

wow espn is covering this ???? oh my he has to stay .....Call the hogs K.J Woo Damn Pig

ricepig

@NLRfootbal:KJ Hill's announcement will be on ESPN's college football recruiting site, http://t.co/Z0Q4Vcwboe at 10AM

immahog

incHOGnito

Quote from: jjdlc on August 28, 2014, 01:46:19 pm
Yeah, it would be one of the biggest slaps in the face AR would have ever received,  after their recent comments I just can't imagine his parents allowing that.

Exactly, Byron.

The_Iceman

Quote from: immahog on August 28, 2014, 02:19:42 pm
http://247sports.com/ check the crystal ball out

Everyone is starting to pick KJ and Gragg to come to Arkansas.

Check out this class so far if it happens:
QB: Ty Storey
RB: Rawleigh Williams III
H-Back: Austin Cantrell
TE: Will Gragg, CJ O'grady
WR: KJ Hll, Deon Stewart
OT: Colton Jackson
C: Zach Rogers
DT: Hjalte Froholdt, Daytrieon Dean
DE: Jamario Bell
P: Blake Johnson

We just need to start filling in some LBers, Safetys, and Corners. We know Pittman will land a few more OL.

OLDHOG

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: Break & Run on August 28, 2014, 02:00:46 pm
You must be new to recruiting if you think there are no surprises in recruiting.  LOL

For example:

Alex Collins to Arkansas
Dan Skipper to Arkansas
Joe Adams was going to USC then decided right before or on NSD to come to Arkansas.

Those are all surprises, and KJ will have plenty of time to change his mind, but you'd have to be crazy to think he's picking any school other than Arkansas tomorrow, at least.

IntegrityHog

I just hope he plans on 'reppin' Arkansas while playing for Arkansas....not Alabama.  WPS!!!!!

alwaysnextyear

Quote from: Break & Run on August 28, 2014, 02:00:46 pm

For example:

Alex Collins to Arkansas
Dan Skipper to Arkansas

Koehler and Skipper weren't really a surprise after they visited. Kirkland was known before NSD. Collins we knew we had at least a 50/50. Adams was a no brainer. DGB was a no brainer to anyone with a brain. He wasn't coming here despite what you read from people on this board. The only people still saying he was coming here leading up to it were right here.

cosmodrum

Quote from: Wildhog on August 28, 2014, 01:55:19 pm
I think it's probably us, as well.  We've made up a lot of ground lately.  He moves up his announcement.  He's doing it at the Arkansas Sports HoF.   Sounds like a Hog.

Man, if announces there and DOESN'T pick the Hogs, Archie Goodwin wouldn't have ANYTHING on him when it comes to the Arkansas fan base.
Go away, batin'

Chief Mac

Lets just say this...

SO you're saying you think he isn't gonna Labron us?  ;)
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: immahog on August 28, 2014, 01:57:19 pm
I have watched him since He was at bryant ......reminds me so much of Joe adams
Is he as agile/quick as JA?

I'm optimistic that it's us.

" GO HOGS "

GEO-HOG

Quote from: alwaysnextyear on August 28, 2014, 03:47:44 pm
Koehler and Skipper weren't really a surprise after they visited. Kirkland was known before NSD. Collins we knew we had at least a 50/50. Adams was a no brainer. DGB was a no brainer to anyone with a brain. He wasn't coming here despite what you read from people on this board. The only people still saying he was coming here leading up to it were right here.

Lol

DallasHogFan

You think this place will meltdown much if he puts on an Aubbie hat?
Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, all right. We got 4:11 Positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some "Hogville Censored" muscle. -Wooderson

cosmodrum

Quote from: DallasHogFan on August 28, 2014, 04:43:54 pm
You think this place will meltdown much if he puts on an Aubbie hat?

I'll be the one holding the matchbook!!!!!!1
Go away, batin'

ricepig

CDBHawg

Quote from: Wildhog on August 28, 2014, 01:55:19 pm

Looks like Lunney, Smith, and the rest of our staff got it done.

I bet Lunney and the rest lands Gragg as well.

FBREW000

hate to pee on anyone's parade... and I sure hope he is all Hog. 

But the rumor is that only ESPN will be allowed in the building to cover the announcement.. If this is correct, my level of excitement has went down a notch.

Kid is a beast on the field. 

zane

RIP LSUfan

ricepig

Quote from: FBREW000 on August 28, 2014, 05:54:44 pm
hate to pee on anyone's parade... and I sure hope he is all Hog. 

But the rumor is that only ESPN will be allowed in the building to cover the announcement.. If this is correct, my level of excitement has went down a notch.

Kid is a beast on the field. 

Ain't no rumor, the first tweet by NLR football said it was a private function, changes nothing.

TX HOG

Only espn. Who cares? If it's not arkansas why do it at this function???

redeye

Quote from: alwaysnextyear on August 28, 2014, 03:47:44 pm

Adams wasn't a no brainer. 

HoggusMaximus

Adams was going to LSU until the last minute if o remember correctly.

sickboy

ricepig

Quote from: TX HOG on August 28, 2014, 06:17:41 pm
Only espn. Who cares? If it's not arkansas why do it at this function???

Local recruiting guys are going, so I don't think it's ESPN, just not open to the public.

hoglady

Lets just say this...

That's what I was telling someone tonight.
If he did chose that location to announce any other team - then whoever is advising him and helping him is a fool.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

stronguard

If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.